<3 The Duchess' MISS EARTH PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW <3

<3 The Duchess' MISS EARTH PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW <3

Postby The Duchess » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

THE DUCHESS’ PRE-ARRIVAL LIST
MISS EARTH 2017

I’m late for this review but I’m going to keep it short, I have only seen like two pictures of arrivals after I wrote this. So, my thoughts are purely pre- arrival.

*THE PRE-ARRIVAL SCORE IS BASED ON ABOUT SIX DIFERRENT SCORES RANGING FROM 5-10, I WILL DO MY BEST TO POST THE FULL SCORECARD. INTERNET IS CRAP*

*THE PRE-ARRIVAL SCORE DOES NOT NECESARILLY APPOINT THE PLACEMENTS, AS SCORES ARE INDIVIDUAL FACTORS, AND I EXPLAIN OTHER REASONS IN SPECIFIC CASES*

MISS EARTH 2017: THAILAND (PAWEESUDA DROUIN)
Do I really have to give you the reasons why Paweesuda could and probably will completely demolish the competition in a month? Okay fine, let’s recap. She not only was amazing at her local pageant, ever since she has been crowned she just looks better and better. With that stunning face she possesses, she can go anywhere from fierce too sweet with the turn of that beautiful smile she also has. Her professional pictures are equally as amazing as her candids shots which is ever so important in these times. Her body is good although I haven’t been able to see it as well as I could in order to give her a better score. Her Eco-Video was also extremely good showcasing not only her but the places important to her, which made for a very good video. I do want her to polish just one thing so she won’t even have to worry about girls like Ninoska, and that is her stage performance. She is actually fairly good but she needs to be excellent not only in her catwalk but also her communications skills. And unfortunally during her final night at MUThailand she played it a bit safe in my opinion and that cost her the crown. I don’t want that to happen to her in this pageant so she has to polish that, she already has a great control of English which could in handy in this pageant but she also needs to be risky. Even though is a totally different pageant a good example of risky in a pageant was the Zuleyka Rivera/Carlos Alberto combo in the Miss Universe 2006. No dress had ever been made that way and they were both willing to throw the dice and try it in order to make an impression. Her hair was supposed to be a normal pageant voluminous do and her hair wouldn’t cooperate, and you know what she said? Screw it, we will do a wet look. And it’s my favorite evening gown presentation in pageantry. So I want Paweesuda to be risky and be ready to be comfortable around the stage and not play it safe because the final night is not for safe players. I am on your team girl, so do not let me regret it.

MISS AIR 2017: VENEZUELA (NINOSKA VAZQUEZ)
Let’s be real, Ninoska will obviously have the highest scores because the reality is this girl is the bomb when it comes to the perfect candidate. Now, why is the high scorer in the second position instead of the first? The reality is I still don’t see Venezuela as a Miss Earth, and that idea will probably not change until I see her in the pre-pageant activities. Her lowest score are obviously her performance skills because even though she has a ridiculously amazing catwalk, she has to be careful of the mannerisms she showed in the MEVenezuela final. I have barely seen any interviews of her or her Eco video (Can’t find it anywhere) so if she can polish those comm skills it will do her a world of good. Now the main reason she is not a Miss Earth is because she needs a softer look in order for her not to give me such a sexy vibe. She has to appear softer yet appear fierce, and that is a possible combination even if some doubt it. And Ninoska has to find that balance if she wants to be able to take on Thailand and the rest of the girls who fit the Miss Earth model a bit better than her. I personally find this girl to be stunning, I maybe have seen one bad candid of her so that is a pretty great quality. If she can manage to stay softer and more natural then I could see her getting into that ultimate spot in the finals. Also, I am probably the only one who doesn’t want her in a supper studded Gioni Straccia gown this time; I want one of his less extravagant softer designs to complement and not overpower Ninoska. That I think is very important because she doesn’t need a gown that will outshine her, she needs to be the one wearing her dress and not the other way around.

MISS WATER 2017: USA (ANDREIA GIBAU)
I have to say sometimes my confidence is wary when it comes to Andreia’s placement in my list. I actually find her to be a very beautiful girl but I do admit in some pictures she doesn’t look as great as she should, sometimes her face even looks a bit swollen looking. I am also the only person who probably has a problem with her voice, or the only person that simply cares about things like that. But I personally just find it a bit too high and kid like, and it showed in her Eco-Video even though it was a good video overall. For me, USA will need to create a momentum like Netherlands and even Puerto Rico to keep that strong placement throughout the competition weeks. I am hoping that once she gets to Philippines she showcases that amazing stage presence she showed in her national pageant where she demolished the competition. She has all the right skills to get into this competition and demolish it but I still have this unnerving feeling that her sister queen Karla might do a bit better. Andreia needs to get off that plane and be ready to go tooth and nail because these 5 ladies could potentially have a bloodbath because they are all extremely good. She is still in this position because I personally think she should be Miss Air/Water but she is losing momentum and that is not good people.

MISS FIRE 2017: PUERTO RICO (KARLA APONTE)
Sigh, I love being right. Didn’t I told you my girl had potential? I am so happy that Karla is doing so well in this pre-arrival portion of the competition. Her ridiculously amazing body is still as good as it was in the Miss Puerto Rico Universe pageant, and her face looks even better now that they have gone for the natural look. Her walk is ever getting better and I don’t mean to be nationalistic but her Eco-Video was one of the best from the bunch. After Maria, I didn’t even know if we would have our girls participating but now that both Brenda and Karla have left it gives me hope we might get some good news with them. Karla can use this pageant to even raise awareness about the things that we do to Mother Earth (and yes, I am a woman of science before you ask) and the consequences we see every day. Her advocacy which (if I’m not mistaken) was about cleaning El Yunque rainforest and after this monster that passed her advocacy becomes even more powerful and current. What I like most about this girl is how approachable she seems and that is another very important thing when it comes to pageants like this. I actually believe this girl is the closest we could get realistically speaking to a Big 4 crowns, because Karla may not be facially as stunning as my Top 2 BUT she is not that far of in the other departments. And facial beauty is not all in a pageant like this. If she could polish her communication skills to the max and style herself as natural as possible I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in my lists she becomes a Top 2.

5TH PLACE: AUSTRIA (BIANCA KRONSTAINER)
I really liked Bianca, I REALLY do and I want her to succeed in this pageant because for me she could be a great elemental queen. The problem with her unfortunally will be competing with girls like USA, Thailand and Netherlands who are also very hungry and equipped to get those. Her look is a very refreshing one so I am sure she will do well in those interviews with the judges and her grasp of English is actually pretty good. That bubbly personality is going to do wonders for her and the fact that she has different types of walks she showcased in her national pageant is also a good one. I believe that she still has a chance to reach that Top 4 but that all will depend entirely up on her proving she is more Miss Earth than the ladies in that Top 4 right now. I want her to showcase that beautiful bubbly aura that she possesses BUT at the same time show a little bit of fierceness to accompany it perfectly. I am very intrigued as to what this girl will do for the next following weeks because I still am sold she could make a great elemental queen. She just needs to step it up a little further and she could make the right waves in this pageant.

6th PLACE: NETHERLANDS (FAITH LANDMAN)
You guys are going to kill me but I am one of the few people that thinks Faith is a bit (just a bit) overrated, although I think it’s become she gain a huge momentum. Do not get me wrong, she is very pretty and her communication skills might get her a Water crown but I still need a bit of a push for me to believe she could take this from Venezuela or Thailand. The great threat that this woman could pose on the rest of them is how good she looks in candids and it person. In some of them she actually looks extremely Miss Universe-ish, so I do see why some of you have her in your Top 4. NOW, I still do not see her there. I think she could use some work on her body (from the pictures I’ve seen) but well it is kind of late in the game for that. But regardless, you will have a good representation in the hands of Faith in these following weeks; I am more that sure of that my friends. I am very interested in what this girl has to offer in these next weeks.

7TH PLACE: COLOMBIA (JULIANA FRANCO)
Now manypoe, before you have a heart attack allow me to explain to you what Juliana needs to do in order to win the Miss Earth Crown. First of all, I have been told by multiple people she looks a lot better in person than she does in candids. And if that’s true I wouldn’t be surprise if she is the one that shuts me up in the coming but as of now she still needs to work on her angles for candids and even some professional shoots. Besides that, she does have the right set of skills to make it in a Top 8 yet she still has to work a while to get into that Top 4 positions. She needs to polish her performance skills and style herself in the best way possible for her to shine the most. Hopefully her Venezuela flair can come through in these few months and you will be the first to tell me I was wrong hahaha. But for now, I just don’t see her in that Top 4 no matter how much I try to help her case with pictures like the one I used because it’s actually one of the few I like overall. So, we shall see if she can put in the work and improve in these following weeks for her to do even better.

8TH PLACE: MYANMAR (TIN SANDAR MAYO)
I believe this girl should get very far in Miss Earth because she is a beauty that also possesses a sassy and fiery attitude to accompany it. I like her. I do want to see how she will perform in front of all in the arrival weeks, and how she performs on those competitions. I will repeat again her styling must be on point in the final night because I know they will try to ruin her with some regular big pageant curls, she is not a regular queen. I also hope she has gotten great catwalk and communication skills when she gets there and that she has at least a fair grasp of English so she can communicate as easily as possible. If she does all of that she has a chance to get back to that 5th place but it will be a real challenge to crack into that Top 4. We shall see what the following weeks hold for this little fireball because I am one of the few who I have seen mention her around in their lists.

9TH PLACE: POLAND (DOMINICA SZYMANSKA)
Miss Poland was actually nowhere near my first list a couple of weeks ago but I think we can all agree than as of today, she is looking extremely Miss Earthy. I am impressed at how good this girl looks in motion too and how sincere her smile looks on camera. Dominica can actually become a very good representation and a silent threat to the girls above her which will make this whole thing even more interesting. This girl is on my watch list because she could become a silent killer and take the spot of one of the favorites up there. You all should keep an eye on this girl.

10TH PLACE: PANAMA (ERIKA PARKER)
I love the idea of a black Miss Earth and I love this girl for this job, I find her to be a beautiful girl that will do wonders in the pageant. I want her to do so well in this pageant. This girl has a beautiful face with a banging body, accompanied by a great catwalk that is fire my friend… fire. She could honestly be a good bet for the Latina back to back and it would be an interesting development if she takes the spots from all those favorites. This was one of my favorites coming from her national pageant and was very glad to see her get at least a crown when they were participating. I think that given that facial beauty she could do very well in the no makeup competition as well as her swimsuit presentation. She actually has a very high score in my book but I still feel like she won’t get to the Top 8 (YET) and with girls like the one under her, her placement continues. In times like this it hurts me liking girls like Panama and not being able to put her forward because of how tough this competition is. But Erika could be a real surprise, I can see her putting many favorites behind because she is a very good competitor.

11TH PLACE: PHILIPPINES (KAREN IBASCO)
Filipinos, I try. I really try with this girl but I cannot something for the life of me find something that makes me see her worthy of a crown. Unless she has the most amazing earthly advocacy in the history of this pageant I don’t see her winning at all. It’s not that she is a horrible girl but with the level of competition that is here this girl just doesn’t seem to be all that. I put her in this position because I trust the Pinoy team has prepared her enough to be able to stand in the footsteps of her predecessors who won this pageant. I think that she needs to improve her catwalk and work on those communication skills that apparently are very good. I know she will pull an upset in the final night as girls like her do, and will take the space of one of the favorites. I can feel it in my bones.

12TH PLACE: PARAGUAY (VALERIA IVASUITEN)
Valeria is one of the most telegenic candidates in this edition I have to say, especially in the videos of her national pageant. She portrayed that even though she is not the most facially stunning, she could still walk beautifully and answer very intelligently. Her styling was actually very beautiful, even her dress which I hated but the color was perfect for this girl. So I think this is a girl who we could see making the cut because how much she knows how to work it. She could get very far in the Swimsuit and Resort competitions given her walk, and very good marks in long gown considering how elegant she looks in the camera.

13TH PLACE: ECUADOR (LESLIE GILLER)
Leslie is actually a very good successor to Miss Espin, as she is part of one of the strongest teams this year and will sure make waves like the rest of the girls in it. She has a pretty face and that Latina flavor when it comes to her catwalk skills, her body is not too far away from that either. I do feel like she has to get a lot better at communicating skills and prepare a good advocacy and she could do wonders. I will have to see how she is looking post arrival to add to her scores coming on the following review. We shall see how she does.

14TH PLACE: MEXICO (KAREN BUSTOS)
I do admit Karen is a beautiful girl but I really don’t get that feeling of Miss Earth you all see unfortunally. For me she needs to work on styling and perhaps her communication skills so her advocacy projects can come through. Her scores besides that are good, I just think the rest of the girls (except one) has a much more Miss
Earth feel to her.

15TH PLACE: SPAIN (ANAIRA DE SANTA MARIA)
Anaira had good scores until I saw her eco-video and couldn’t find anything on her catwalk and communication skills. I think her eco-video was a bit of a mess in terms of how she was expressing herself, looking a bit uncomfortable, to the low quality of the video. I cannot put a score of her walk or speaking abilities because even if I see the potential given her placement in her nationals and how well her candids are, there’s no proof for me to confirm those. She is in this list because I feel her potential to do well enough to place, but we will have to wait until the competitions in order to see how well she did.

NOW I CAN GO FREELY AND SEE THE ARRIVAL COVERAGE. THANK YOU ALL

The Duchess
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music

Re: <3 The Duchess' MISS EARTH PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW <3

Postby manoypoe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm

WOW, I REALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENTS. TOO MANY GIRLS THAT I STILL WANT BUT NOT IN YOUR LIST. I LIKE SERBIA AND SWITZERLAND. HUNGARY IS BUBBLING UP SO FAST. I CANT REALLY WAIT THINGS TO UNFOLD. MAY THE BEST QUEENS WIN!! :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Stoichio » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Don't feel sorry about Karen Ibasco, most Pinoys will be fine not seeing her in any Top 16 list haha!

Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby purplesay » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:36 pm

[quote="Stoichio"][size=150][color=#FF0080]

Don't feel sorry about Karen Ibasco, most Pinoys will be fine not seeing her in any Top 16 list haha![/color][/size][/quote]

Same. I don't mind at all others winning and getting into the Top 16, especially with the caliber that some other contestants have
purplesay
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 15 Feb 1990
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking

Postby Handsama » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Wow Duchess! I'm impressed :=p . Are you sure you're not an Earthling? :%)) Because your comments are on point. I find myself nodding a lot while reading them.

I'll probably wait until the very last week before sharing my own top 16 picks :-D . There are just too many variables in play right now. We don't know if the continental placements or some semblance of it will still be in effect. Many of the women competing are still relative unknowns to us fans just because they aren't active on social media. After darkhorses Angelia and Katherine made it all the way to the top in their respective years, the competition is still anybody's ballgame as far as I'm concerned...although I have to say your top 8 are formidable.
Handsama
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby The Duchess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:37 am

Handsama wrote:Wow Duchess! I'm impressed :=p . Are you sure you're not an Earthling? :%)) Because your comments are on point. I find myself nodding a lot while reading them.

I'll probably wait until the very last week before sharing my own top 16 picks :-D . There are just too many variables in play right now. We don't know if the continental placements or some semblance of it will still be in effect. Many of the women competing are still relative unknowns to us fans just because they aren't active on social media. After darkhorses Angelia and Katherine made it all the way to the top in their respective years, the competition is still anybody's ballgame as far as I'm concerned...although I have to say your top 8 are formidable.

I cannot believe I'm saying this... but I'm actually liking this pageant more than I should haha. I find myself able to understand it more than the rest of the pageants, with exception maybe of Miss Universe. And I find the advocacy to be important, coming from an island full of green (well was, but will be again) it is important to respect the place we come from.

And a good comment from you specifically means the world to me haha hopefully more earthlings will get to read this and I can learn more about this specific pageant.
The Duchess

Postby Busyboy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 am

The Duchess wrote:
Handsama wrote:Wow Duchess! I'm impressed :=p . Are you sure you're not an Earthling? :%)) Because your comments are on point. I find myself nodding a lot while reading them.

I cannot believe I'm saying this... but I'm actually liking this pageant more than I should haha. I find myself able to understand it more than the rest of the pageants, with exception maybe of Miss Universe. And I find the advocacy to be important, coming from an island full of green (well was, but will be again) it is important to respect the place we come from.

And a good comment from you specifically means the world to me haha hopefully more earthlings will get to read this and I can learn more about this specific pageant.

Well Miss Earth is a pageant you have to understand to love. I do not care about this pageant at all during the early years. 2011 is a shock for me because I was just starting to have interest with the pageant after Nicole's win in 2010 and then baaam! came Athena the next year. But after that, I tried to learn more about this pageant and also learned to love it and all its flaws. I am still critical about it when needed but overall, I admire Miss Earth for walking the talk.

And the best of all? The quality of the contestants get even better and better every year! That's aside from the fact that many tries so hard to pull it down and destroy its reputation.
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby SHREWD » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 pm

You've got a great list and I'm a bit surprised that you included Paraguay and Myanmar. :)>-
SHREWD

Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Spy
Hobbies/Interests: Events

Postby Kerkeloo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Great list. I think with most Filipinos here we are pretty fair so you really didn’t have to include Philippines on your list if you think she’s not deserving. Karen Ibasco is not on my list.
Kerkeloo
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 23 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Echuserang Palaka
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby The Duchess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Kerkeloo wrote:Great list. I think with most Filipinos here we are pretty fair so you really didn’t have to include Philippines on your list if you think she’s not deserving. Karen Ibasco is not on my list.

Her inclusion is not because I like her but because like Indonesia World she will get in. The only diferrence is that Ibasco seems a lot more prepared in communication skills, so I know she will be in
The Duchess

Postby manoypoe » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Kerkeloo wrote:Great list. I think with most Filipinos here we are pretty fair so you really didn’t have to include Philippines on your list if you think she’s not deserving. Karen Ibasco is not on my list.

Her inclusion is not because I like her but because like Indonesia World she will get in. The only diferrence is that Ibasco seems a lot more prepared in communication skills, so I know she will be in

EITHER HER OR AUSTRALIA WILL GET ONE SPOT.
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby The Duchess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 pm

SHREWD wrote:
You've got a great list and I'm a bit surprised that you included Paraguay and Myanmar. :)>-

Paraguay surprised me too but that girl is a telegenic master hahhaha and Myanmar I actually find her to be beautiful
The Duchess

Postby patch adams,md » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 am

Thank you for your review, Duchess.
I agree with you that Miss Philippines might upset some of the favorites. In her local pageant, she was not a frontrunner too. But I saw her in the presentations before her finals, and I was in awe of our girl. She deserves to be in the winners circle. Good luck to all !
patch adams,md
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Angelo
Date of Birth: 06 Sep 1976
Profession: Health professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: reading , singing and dreaming

Postby kzdatkilz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 am

i think black dolls will place, panama, angola and nepal....

and KOREA...of course
kzdatkilz
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Nov 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: local legislative officer III
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: internet

Postby Matariki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 pm

As a Filipino, I admire having Karen as a representative ... but let's be honest, she is not really "in" in the beauty department.

THAILAND is my top bet to be miss earth...as well as Miss Universe (if she was sent there!)

yes, Thailand please!

A black winner is also a "must" for miss Earth - enough of venezuela, brazil, and philippines in the top 4 --- some of them have never been deserving to be there, to be honest!
Stay Happy

Stay Positive
Matariki

Real Life Name/Nick: Caughey
Date of Birth: 19 May 1980
Profession: sportsman
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: sports, arts, food

Return to Miss Earth