ASHLIE BARRETT IS MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2016

Re: # MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2016 #

Postby Kimberly » Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 am

kristof wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
DAMN!!!

All this bacchanal going on with the Miss Jamaica World franchise? :-O

This situation in SOME ways kinda reminds me of the one Miss T&T World faced........ BEFORE Vanessa Sahatoo Manoo got the franchise from those :O) :O) .

Jamaica is one of the strongest and one of the most successful countries in Miss World. :=p :7
So............................

It is sad to see that this woman (Butler) is messing up this franchise.
Arrogance/ stupidity and greed at it's finest [-(

Why doesn't she just give it up already?
Yall need to start some petition or something to get rid of that woman.

She's trying to do everything for Julia Morley and MWO to think of her as a great franchise older. She invited Julia and Rolene here last year and pitched the idea of Jamaica hosting in the near future...but tv its all a facade. She might just end up with the kiss of death like Lupita Jones got in Mexico.

Jamaica needs a franchise holder that puts the pageant, contestants and the reputation of Jamaica first. Before we run to sign petitions we must first identify a viable person who is willing to take over.

As you mentioned Lupita, she was just asking for trouble with all her antics. I don't feel sorry for her. [-( ......Just her queens.

Well I have no doubts Julia will see through her 3:) later on.
It may take her a while but what's in the dark will eventually come to light :|

In response to the last sentence of your comment..............this is where Jamaicans have to come together and figure out a solution to this dilemma.

There MUST be someone with the necessary finances and one who is qualified enough to take her position.

Plus if someone more professional takes over, I have no doubts they will have trouble getting sponsorship because Jamaica has a GREAT reputation/ track record in Miss World.

Miss World Trinidad & Tobago 2022

Ache Abrahams

Kimberly
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kim
Date of Birth: 11 Mar 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: pagents, volleyball

Postby miss_ting » Tue May 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Kristof, Im sure there are a few business savy creative persons who would be more than willing to take over the franchise. Laura Butler tried, but failed. Her two top placements did it on their own and she still didnt capitalize on their success. She does not know a thing about business. She failed to promote, and so many persons are turned off and want nothing to do with her- from designers, producers, sponsors, media houses- so many couldnt be all wrong. Its all about EGO for Laura Butler, she is a mess. We must do something. BTW What about that indian man who runs Miss Global? Cant someone reach out and do something? Its sad to see such an established successful brand, go down the drain due to one persons swollen EGO.
miss_ting
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1983
Profession: Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cuisine, design, beauty, fashion

Postby kristof » Wed May 18, 2016 2:02 am

miss_ting wrote:Kristof, Im sure there are a few business savy creative persons who would be more than willing to take over the franchise. Laura Butler tried, but failed. Her two top placements did it on their own and she still didnt capitalize on their success. She does not know a thing about business. She failed to promote, and so many persons are turned off and want nothing to do with her- from designers, producers, sponsors, media houses- so many couldnt be all wrong. Its all about EGO for Laura Butler, she is a mess. We must do something. BTW What about that indian man who runs Miss Global? Cant someone reach out and do something? Its sad to see such an established successful brand, go down the drain due to one persons swollen EGO.

True, I think Lachu Ramchandani is a way better option than Butler. He is well known in Western Jamaica in business circles. He runs his own minor international pageant that goes on every year for over ten years so he's more than capable of taking on a franchise that's well known.

I think it would have been better if Mickey Haughton James had allowed an open and transparent take over after he gave up the license. He just handed it to Butler who had no track record other than being a former contestant back in the day and occasionally being a judge. .
kristof
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Pageant, Music

Postby Lex Talionis » Wed May 18, 2016 3:02 am

kristof wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
DAMN!!!

This situation in SOME ways kinda reminds me of the one Miss T&T World faced........ BEFORE Vanessa Sahatoo Manoo got the franchise from those :O) :O) .

Jamaica is one of the strongest and one of the most successful countries in Miss World. :=p :7

She's trying to do everything for Julia Morley and MWO to think of her as a great franchise older. She invited Julia and Rolene here last year and pitched the idea of Jamaica hosting in the near future...but tv its all a facade. She might just end up with the kiss of death like Lupita Jones got in Mexico.

Jamaica needs a franchise holder that puts the pageant, contestants and the reputation of Jamaica first. Before we run to sign petitions we must first identify a viable person who is willing to take over.

Your last point is a very level-headed reminder. It seems like this pageant is becoming more and more disappointing with every year. The only pity in this is that she's managed to crown two winners who have been very successful and well-liked by the public, so on the outside it might seem like she's actually doing a good job. I'm stuck between wanting a great turnout with a winner who needs little or no training, and not wanting a single girl to show up until she gives up the franchise or does better.
Lex Talionis
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby miss_ting » Wed May 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Lex Talionis wrote:
kristof wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
DAMN!!!

Your last point is a very level-headed reminder. It seems like this pageant is becoming more and more disappointing with every year. The only pity in this is that she's managed to crown two winners who have been very successful and well-liked by the public, so on the outside it might seem like she's actually doing a good job. I'm stuck between wanting a great turnout with a winner who needs little or no training, and not wanting a single girl to show up until she gives up the franchise or does better.

No one in Jamaica is fooled. If anyone is fooled its MisS WORLD ORG, and I think by now theyve gotten the memo. BUTLER has failed miserably. The 2 outstanding Queens, did it on their own. Laura provided very little support. She does not promote their activities nor assist. Its been a year, and no prizes were awarded, not even the so called scholarships. ITS all a sham, a fraud, and a national disgrace.
miss_ting

Postby miss_ting » Wed May 18, 2016 3:41 pm

kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:Kristof, Im sure there are a few business savy creative persons who would be more than willing to take over the franchise. Laura Butler tried, but failed. Her two top placements did it on their own and she still didnt capitalize on their success. She does not know a thing about business. She failed to promote, and so many persons are turned off and want nothing to do with her- from designers, producers, sponsors, media houses- so many couldnt be all wrong. Its all about EGO for Laura Butler, she is a mess. We must do something. BTW What about that indian man who runs Miss Global? Cant someone reach out and do something? Its sad to see such an established successful brand, go down the drain due to one persons swollen EGO.

True, I think Lachu Ramchandani is a way better option than Butler. He is well known in Western Jamaica in business circles. He runs his own minor international pageant that goes on every year for over ten years so he's more than capable of taking on a franchise that's well known.

I think it would have been better if Mickey Haughton James had allowed an open and transparent take over after he gave up the license. He just handed it to Butler who had no track record other than being a former contestant back in the day and occasionally being a judge. .

I believe Mr James can resolve the problem easily, all he has to do is add his input to Miss World Org. He spent decades building up the franchise and MJW reputation, it must be painful to watch one person destroy it, then act as if nothing is wrong. Most of Butlers friends, are now her enemies since taking over the franchise. She allowed her EGO to dominate the pageant.
miss_ting

Postby the critic » Thu May 19, 2016 12:25 pm

WHAT Y'ALL R SAYING NOW IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING SINCE 2013. I SAW RIGHT THROUGH BUTLER AFTER HOW TACKY THE 2013 RUN UP TO THE FINALS WAS. SOME OF Y'ALL HERE WERE JUST PETTY AND BLIND-SIGHTED BECAUSE YOUR FAVORITES WERE WINNING.

MJW IS NOW A MEDIOCRE CONTEST, WITH SUBPAR CONTESTANTS AND AN EGOTIST BITCH AS THE FRANCHISE HOLDER. I'VE LITERALLY LOST INTEREST. I LOVE JAMAICA AND MISS WORLD BUT ITS ALL A MESS NOW.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby heathers » Fri May 20, 2016 12:45 am

kristof wrote:I'm hoping to see Rohannia Mooyin in MJW 2016.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss! Love her. Rohannia -- Shantay you stay!
THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE PLAIN HEATHER.
[youtube]hyPbYlVrD3k[/youtube]
heathers

Real Life Name/Nick: heathers 1, 2, 3 and 4
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: actors (working, but not famous). we are legion.
Hobbies/Interests: fashion. staying in character as the heathers.

Postby Silvio » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:54 am

TASMIN GOLDING WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION TO MISS JAMAICA WORLD

Silvio
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Hobbies/Interests: Cricket, athletics, beautiful women

Postby miss_ting » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Silvio wrote:TASMIN GOLDING WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION TO MISS JAMAICA WORLD

Hmm..indeed, but does she have a commanding presence? talent? does she have her own money- to buy clothes and finance the trip? Will she get along with Laura Butler who can be testy /feisty and downright unprofessional?? Does she have a team to direct her affairs, and take charge of what needs to be done?

Laura Butler gets on my nerves now, she has to come really good for this to work this year and win back any form of support. Everything is so darn late. ANYWAY, Ive heard of 3 persons entering..if competition is weak, they could be the top 3. One in particular is very tall and striking and dark skinned- I cant say who yet, but her name is known in fashion circles.
miss_ting

Postby kristof » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 am

miss_ting wrote:
Silvio wrote:TASMIN GOLDING WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION TO MISS JAMAICA WORLD

Hmm..indeed, but does she have a commanding presence? talent? does she have her own money- to buy clothes and finance the trip? Will she get along with Laura Butler who can be testy /feisty and downright unprofessional?? Does she have a team to direct her affairs, and take charge of what needs to be done?

Laura Butler gets on my nerves now, she has to come really good for this to work this year and win back any form of support. Everything is so darn late. ANYWAY, Ive heard of 3 persons entering..if competition is weak, they could be the top 3. One in particular is very tall and striking and dark skinned- I cant say who yet, but her name is known in fashion circles.

A part from top model, I don't know what other strengths Tasmin has. She is lives in England, if my memory serves me right and turns 25 this year. She wasn't really a favourite of mine in MUJ 2015 because she has something distracting about her face when in motion but she is striking in still photos.
kristof

Postby browneyedbeauty » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Happy New year everyone, I just love this time of year. I hope that Miss Jamaica World will have a great year this year, they must have a lot up their sleeves, I can only hope that's why they are so hush hush. I am really hoping one of the girls I have seen about for years and I have been trying to give advice to goes up this year. Last year Dadrianne Segree auditioned but I think she might not want to again. I saw on her instagram that she has dedicated much of her time to children. She went to wolmer's my Alma Mata, a friend of mine knows her well. She has this natural earthy vibe that I love plus you know I love those dark skinned girls Image Image Image If she decides to go again I would be sure to give her pointers, proper gromming is key. Image
Love of beauty is taste the creation of beauty is art
browneyedbeauty

Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1982
Profession: Dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: pageants

Postby 2Rahtid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Any word on the audition held on Saturday? Any photos? Did anyone turn up?
Is there Pageant this year?
2Rahtid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Swimmming

Postby IceCream.12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Blah! Just send this girl.

A S A P!!!

8-} 8-} 8-}
IceCream.12
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: JVZan
Date of Birth: 12 Mar 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: College Instructor
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books Blogging
Message: “Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” ― Judy G

Postby miss_ting » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:18 pm

IceCream.12 wrote:
Blah! Just send this girl.

A S A P!!!

8-} 8-} 8-}

not a bad idea, she was one of my faves last yr, and might be our only hope this yr although I think shes aged out now.
miss_ting

Postby miss_ting » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:19 pm

2Rahtid wrote:Any word on the audition held on Saturday? Any photos? Did anyone turn up?

No word, from the looks of things on MJW FBk pge, the same girls who auditioned a few years ago, came back to audition again...LoL. Really sad, one person choose to destroy an established brand she didnt help to build. No Mngt skills, and very unprofessional, and unfriendly franchise holder- yes Laura Butler, that would be you!
miss_ting

Postby browneyedbeauty » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 pm

miss_ting wrote:
2Rahtid wrote:Any word on the audition held on Saturday? Any photos? Did anyone turn up?

No word, from the looks of things on MJW FBk pge, the same girls who auditioned a few years ago, came back to audition again...LoL. Really sad, one person choose to destroy an established brand she didnt help to build. No Mngt skills, and very unprofessional, and unfriendly franchise holder- yes Laura Butler, that would be you!

Under Butler MJW will continue lose great girls to MUJ. Jamaicans really need to start holding people accountable.
browneyedbeauty

Postby miss_ting » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 pm

browneyedbeauty wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

Under Butler MJW will continue lose great girls to MUJ. Jamaicans really need to start holding people accountable.

Indeed, fingers crossed this will be her last year.
miss_ting

Postby Lex Talionis » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:21 am

Yesterday they posted on their fb page that the first audition was "great" and that they'd be posting pictures that night... nothing yet.
Lex Talionis

Postby IslandPrincess » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:55 am

Lex Talionis wrote:

Yesterday they posted on their fb page that the first audition was "great" and that they'd be posting pictures that night... nothing yet.

Different year, same shit. Is there a MJU 2016 thread? Link it to me if there is, please. I can't seem to find one.
IslandPrincess

Real Life Name/Nick: ToniC
Date of Birth: 12 Oct 1986
Profession: Student of Life
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and pageantry.

Postby Lex Talionis » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 pm

IslandPrincess wrote:
Lex Talionis wrote:

Different year, same shit. Is there a MJU 2016 thread? Link it to me if there is, please. I can't seem to find one.

Pictures are finally up!

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=953540
Lex Talionis

Postby browneyedbeauty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:27 pm

So They have posted pictures from Saturday's auditions.
I see Gillian : Miss Global Jamaica and Andrews old girl showed up. She is also president of Angels of Love UWI/ UTECH chapter. She has a impressive resume I don't think she is all that physical beautiful but she is cute enough.

Also Arianne Hammond who auditioned in 2014, she is a Wolmer’s old girl and the host of a popular radio talkshow
These two are the only ones I have information on. I also see potential in these girls
Image Tina CooteImage Kamille Hamilton
browneyedbeauty

Postby browneyedbeauty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:37 pm

Gillian easily has the best body of the group she looks great and we'll toned.
browneyedbeauty

Postby kristof » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 am

browneyedbeauty wrote:Gillian easily has the best body of the group she looks great and we'll toned.

Miss Jamaica World has become a pageant parody. Some...MOST of these girls needed not show up for an actual audition. They should have been turned down from online.

Who is that looking so ridiculous in black and white shoes and shorts-swimsuit? Its not even funny.
kristof

Postby miss_ting » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:17 pm

kristof wrote:
browneyedbeauty wrote:Gillian easily has the best body of the group she looks great and we'll toned.

Miss Jamaica World has become a pageant parody. Some...MOST of these girls needed not show up for an actual audition. They should have been turned down from online.

Who is that looking so ridiculous in black and white shoes and shorts-swimsuit? Its not even funny.

this has gotto be a joke..
miss_ting

Postby yellowyam1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:12 pm

miss_ting wrote:
kristof wrote:

this has gotto be a joke..

i just said my prayers so I wont bother to comment
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby browneyedbeauty » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 pm

SECOND AUDITION
Sadly I think the first had a better crop
This girl has a decent body, not really loving anything else I think she auditioned already.
Image Milinda Smith I like her and see her moving on to top 20
browneyedbeauty

Postby Lex Talionis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:13 pm

At this point I'm hoping for a miracle.
Lex Talionis

Postby miss_ting » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:38 pm

good body wont get you too far in the modern MW. Theres no swimsuit segment any more. Emphasis is on other things, aura being one, likeability/personality..charity and being well rounded. Just my 2 cents. I hope things get better for the MJW Pageant.
miss_ting

Postby IslandPrincess » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:47 am

I am utterly unimpressed with what I have seen so far. Shaping up to be a very unimpressive year for MJW. It is my belief that each representative should at be at least be able to hold a candle to the last, but preferably exceed the previous winner,leaving us with no need to compare or reminisce about seasons past. The best contestant of the batch so far (Gillian, by consensus of this group and others in social media) would not have, in my opinion made top 3 last year. What exactly is the point then? Anyhow... Someone please link me to the Miss Universe Jamaica thread. Girls were chosen yesterday. Already looks like a stunning group, seeing a few popular faces from social media. From yaad and abroad
IslandPrincess

Real Life Name/Nick: ToniC
Date of Birth: 12 Oct 1986
Profession: Student of Life
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and pageantry.

PreviousNext

Return to Miss World