Road to Miss Tunisia 2024 - finale on July 6

Road to Miss Tunisia 2024 - finale on July 6

Postby Fany » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:22 am

The season of Miss Tunisia 2024 was officially launched today with the first casting held in Tunis:

5 more national castings will follow suit before the finalists are selected and revealed. The contest will crown its representatives for Miss World 2024 and Miss International 2024.

Last edited by Fany on Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The golden era of Algerian pageantry ✨
Fany
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 02 Oct 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: Beach, Food, Travel

Re: Road to Miss Tunisia 2024

Postby Fany » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 am

Second casting today in the city of Kairouan.

Fany

Postby Fany » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 pm

Casting of the south region was held in the island of Djerba.

Fany

Postby Fany » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:32 pm

A press conference was held today by the Miss Tunisia org where:

- Imen Mehrzi was officially crowned as Miss World Tunisia 2024.
- Amira Afli, Miss Tunisia 2023, was confirmed to compete in Miss World 2025.
- Nesrine Haffar, Miss Tunisia 2022, was announced to compete in Miss Monde Francophone 2024 on Feb 24 in Abidjan.
- The finale of Miss Tunisia 2024 was announced to take place on July 6 in the capital Tunis. The sashing ceremony of the 16 finalists will take place on March 2, before heading for their bootcamp in Douz, southern Tunisia. The humanitarian project for this year’s edition will focus on helping with cleft reconstruction for children.

Fany

Postby Thomas876 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:00 pm

Fany wrote:A press conference was held today by the Miss Tunisia org where:

- Nesrine Haffar, Miss Tunisia 2022, was announced to compete in Miss Monde Francophone 2024 on Feb 24 in Abidjan.
- The finale of Miss Tunisia 2024 was announced to take place on July 6 in the capital Tunis. The sashing ceremony of the 16 finalists will take place on March 2, before heading for their bootcamp in Douz, southern Tunisia. The humanitarian project for this year’s edition will focus on helping with cleft reconstruction for children.

Hi Fany!

Why isn't Nesrine going to Miss World? I would have thought that maybe she had problems that prevented her from competing internationally (health problems, administrative problems, professional and school problems, problem of will, etc.) but apparently this isn't the case at all since she is going to compete in Miss Monde Francophone. I understand that she cannot compete next year because there is also Amira (and the future Miss Tunisia 2024) but why send Imen? She never won Miss Tunisia, she was only Miss Earth Tunisia. OK, she never participated in Miss Earth in the end but Nesrine didn't participate in an international pageant either and she's the real winner, she's the one who should go to Miss World. It wouldn't have bothered me at all if Nesrine went to Miss Universe instead but it looks like Miss Tunisia Org still doesn't have the license (I don't understand, they seemed interested in Miss Universe in the past and the license is also much easier to obtain now with Anne, even if it remains very expensive). Miss Monde Francophone is such a random pageant for a national winner. Even here in France where we have the largest number of French speakers in the world, it's totally unknown. Nesrine deserves much better than that, she is one of the most beautiful Misses Tunisia of all time, perhaps the most beautiful even, I do not understand why she is sent to a pageant of this style..... Aida really needs to get her shit together. Imen will not place, or maybe a placement in the Top 40 if she's lucky and because she sings well but that's all...
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby Fany » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:02 pm

Thomas876 wrote:
Fany wrote:A press conference was held today by the Miss Tunisia org where:

Hi Fany!

Why isn't Nesrine going to Miss World? I would have thought that maybe she had problems that prevented her from competing internationally (health problems, administrative problems, professional and school problems, problem of will, etc.) but apparently this isn't the case at all since she is going to compete in Miss Monde Francophone. I understand that she cannot compete next year because there is also Amira (and the future Miss Tunisia 2024) but why send Imen? She never won Miss Tunisia, she was only Miss Earth Tunisia. OK, she never participated in Miss Earth in the end but Nesrine didn't participate in an international pageant either and she's the real winner, she's the one who should go to Miss World. It wouldn't have bothered me at all if Nesrine went to Miss Universe instead but it looks like Miss Tunisia Org still doesn't have the license (I don't understand, they seemed interested in Miss Universe in the past and the license is also much easier to obtain now with Anne, even if it remains very expensive). Miss Monde Francophone is such a random pageant for a national winner. Even here in France where we have the largest number of French speakers in the world, it's totally unknown. Nesrine deserves much better than that, she is one of the most beautiful Misses Tunisia of all time, perhaps the most beautiful even, I do not understand why she is sent to a pageant of this style..... Aida really needs to get her shit together. Imen will not place, or maybe a placement in the Top 40 if she's lucky and because she sings well but that's all...

Hi Thomas! Good to see you in the forum. You are missed!!

I totally understand your frustration and I am also surprised that none of the journalists asked Aida why she is sending Imen to MW instead of the real Miss Tunisia winners. So now the new Miss Tunisia 2024 will have to wait 2 years before going to MW, which is ridiculous!

Aida said that since 2017, she is unable to find sponsors to pay the MW franchise fee which is $5,000 USD (equivalent to $17,000 in Tunisian money, which is quite a lot of money for most people there). Sponsors in Tunisia see no value to an invest in a beauty queen to compete overseas while her chances to win MW are very slim.

So I think this is how Aida is running the pageant now:

If the crowned winner can afford to pay the MW fees, with her own money or through finding sponsors, then she will send her to MW. But if the winner cannot come up with the money, then she will send someone else who can. It’s still better than not sending anyone.

Unlike Nesrine, Imen Mehrzi is quite a famous singer in Tunisia and has a large network of people who can help sponsor her to compete in MW.

It’s an unfortunate situation but I think Aida is doing her best to find sponsors either private or though the state by reinventing the image of her pageant and giving it a sense of purpose, philanthropism, intellectualism and feminism. Tunisia is not a pageant crazed country so this is no easy task.

And yeah I definitely don’t see Tunisia at Miss Universe anytime soon until they resolve the sponsorship issue.

For Miss Monde Francophone, I’m pretty sure their franchise is either fee or low cost since it’s a new pageant and we don’t know their caliber yet. Their list of contestants includes Miss Algeria 2022 Melissa Hammouraoui and from France it’s Jalylane Maes, Miss Guadeloupe 2023.
Fany

Re: Road to Miss Tunisia 2024 - finale on July 6

Postby Fany » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:05 am

Casting of the Sahel region