RETINA-ASSAULTING EVENING GOWNS OF 2013 (Miss Universe)

RETINA-ASSAULTING EVENING GOWNS OF 2013 (Miss Universe)

Postby joie de vivre » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Hello there! I just thought that while everyone's waiting for the Trump's announcement of the Miss Universe 2014 date and venue, seeing the gowns that made our hearts and eyes ache will kill time.

Without any more brouhaha, here are the worst gowns of the last year's Miss Universe, starting with..

Miss AZERBAIJAN, Aysel Manafova

Looks like the beauty is only after the Fadil glamshot. Why this, my dear? The top part is a bit cheap, and the skirt! THE SKIRT LOOKS LIKE A MOSQUITO NET EXPOSED IN THE SOOT OF THE KITCHEN! No, guuurl. Not with that cheapskate posing as well, and the bad makeup is not helping, either. I understand this is your first time, but puhleeeease. Do some research and hire a decent stylist!

Miss BELGIUM, Noemie Happart

Seriously, this girl needs a stylist, a major divine intervention and some good gowns from somewhere. After humiliating herself in Miss World with her tacky disaster of a gown, she donned another Fashion Student Project by wearing this cancan-esque dress for the PRELIMS. Oh for chrissake, please. You outdid yourself this time, Noemie. #why

Miss BULGARIA, Veneta Krasteva

This dress, complete with the styling, screams, "I am a hot cougar mess!" The styling was the main boohoo here. Dear, you are a slut here. Stop doing the come hither stares because you'll never get a fresh young lad from the outskirts of Sofia. Not with that look, boo. No. Boo.

Miss ETHIOPIA, Mhadere Tigabe

O to the M to the F to the G. What is the deal with the multifabric dress? I actually like the side lacy detail, but the mishmash of fabrics made my eyes ache. Also, are there massive floods in Addis Ababa? Why is the dress so short?! The shoes were cheapskate looking as well.

Miss LITHUANIA, Simona Burbaite

What. In. The. World. Is. Happening? Give us back our hefty bag! This dress is not a good example of a model wearing a garbage bag and making it work. Trashy, tacky and.. ugh. The thought of Simona allowing herself to wear this messy mess is too much. You are so beautiful, honey baby. The gown trashed you. Pun intended.

Miss NEW ZEALAND, Holly Michelle Cassidy

Dear, you were dressed as a hostess in a garden party in Auckland. With your fellow hot mommas! #cougar #realhousewives

Miss ROMANIA, Roxana Andrei

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Oh goodness. You were a hostess in a garden party for the Chinese expats in Bucharest. Stop assaulting my eyes, please.

Miss TURKS and CAICOS, Snwazna Adams

This is the runaway winner of this list. Green cigarette capri pants? Green gown with cheapskate jewels scattered over her bodice? Too big shoes? That crazy updo? Guuuurl, you are Miss Turks and Caicos hosting a party for your fellow cougars in a manse off the coast of Aruba. O to the M to the F to the G. What you lack is a cigarette holder a la Audrey Hepburn, and voila! You are a winner. Now I need to have my eyes restored.

---

I really hope you enjoyed this guys. See you next time! Comments are appreciated.

joie de vivre
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elmira Abdarazakova
Date of Birth: 18 Nov 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Primera Maldita 2.0
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Writing my novel, blogging

Re: RETINA-ASSAULTING EVENING GOWNS OF 2013 (Miss Universe)

Postby Jaishee » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 pm

The thing with Bulgaria is that her gown is great but looks ill-fitted on her. You just don't call her a slut directly, gerl fyi, she is a cancer survivor and had a fought this disease for the most of her lifetime. That cancer caused some physical effects on her most especially on her posture, muscle and fat distribution and bone growth.

With regards to Belgium, the gown might actually be a bomb. It's not for pageants but she wasn't that deserving enough to wear that gown. The gown outwore her big time.
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby joie de vivre » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Hey sister Jaishee. It's me, Kris. Ahahaahha! How are you? I like your selfie last week on FB! ^^

Maybe my words got misconstrued. I'm really sorry about Bulgaria. I just said that she should not look like one.
joie de vivre

Postby Jaishee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 am

joie de vivre wrote:
Hey sister Jaishee. It's me, Kris. Ahahaahha! How are you? I like your selfie last week on FB! ^^

Maybe my words got misconstrued. I'm really sorry about Bulgaria. I just said that she should not look like one.

Lol, no hard feelings :=p
We're all just pageant fans here :D/

I actually miss these sensible kinds of thread. Missosology has a bit off this time, I don't know, maybe because there are no pageants so far? lol
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby GeneralBazinga » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 am

Good thread you got here, Elmira. :=p I think you're spot on with Ethiopia and Lithuania. I definitely shook my head when I saw these two.

Now that we've seen the worst, I hope you can also do an article with the best gowns? :D/ Only the top 10's dresses were highlighted in the competition and you might agree that not all these deserved praiseworthy reactions. :-D
GeneralBazinga
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Danilo
Date of Birth: 22 Feb 1985
Profession: Educator
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Movies and TV Series, Anime

Postby cydoniac » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 am

this was a great thread for the most part! :=p the gowns and the styling were indeed atrocious to say the least... :-O :-O

but please do a thread with the best gowns also...! (if you have the time ofc!)
cydoniac
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 18 Nov 1983
Profession: secret beauty agent
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Postby goddessoxana27 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 am

joie de vivre wrote:
Hello there! I just thought that while everyone's waiting for the Trump's announcement of the Miss Universe 2014 date and venue, seeing the gowns that made our hearts and eyes ache will kill time.

Without any more brouhaha, here are the worst gowns of the last year's Miss Universe, starting with..

Looks like the beauty is only after the Fadil glamshot. Why this, my dear? The top part is a bit cheap, and the skirt! THE SKIRT LOOKS LIKE A MOSQUITO NET EXPOSED IN THE SOOT OF THE KITCHEN! No, guuurl. Not with that cheapskate posing as well, and the bad makeup is not helping, either. I understand this is your first time, but puhleeeease. Do some research and hire a decent stylist!

Seriously, this girl needs a stylist, a major divine intervention and some good gowns from somewhere. After humiliating herself in Miss World with her tacky disaster of a gown, she donned another Fashion Student Project by wearing this cancan-esque dress for the PRELIMS. Oh for chrissake, please. You outdid yourself this time, Noemie. #why

This dress, complete with the styling, screams, "I am a hot cougar mess!" The styling was the main boohoo here. Dear, you are a slut here. Stop doing the come hither stares because you'll never get a fresh young lad from the outskirts of Sofia. Not with that look, boo. No. Boo.

O to the M to the F to the G. What is the deal with the multifabric dress? I actually like the side lacy detail, but the mishmash of fabrics made my eyes ache. Also, are there massive floods in Addis Ababa? Why is the dress so short?! The shoes were cheapskate looking as well.

What. In. The. World. Is. Happening? Give us back our hefty bag! This dress is not a good example of a model wearing a garbage bag and making it work. Trashy, tacky and.. ugh. The thought of Simona allowing herself to wear this messy mess is too much. You are so beautiful, honey baby. The gown trashed you. Pun intended.

Dear, you were dressed as a hostess in a garden party in Auckland. With your fellow hot mommas! #cougar #realhousewives

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Oh goodness. You were a hostess in a garden party for the Chinese expats in Bucharest. Stop assaulting my eyes, please.

This is the runaway winner of this list. Green cigarette capri pants? Green gown with cheapskate jewels scattered over her bodice? Too big shoes? That crazy updo? Guuuurl, you are Miss Turks and Caicos hosting a party for your fellow cougars in a manse off the coast of Aruba. O to the M to the F to the G. What you lack is a cigarette holder a la Audrey Hepburn, and voila! You are a winner. Now I need to have my eyes restored.

---

I really hope you enjoyed this guys. See you next time! Comments are appreciated.

I hope some of the national directors in all pageant organization learnt from their mistakes or improve more in handling their contestants.
love lots!!!

:-* :hx >:D< <:-P >=p
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby bcdf1930 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

LITHUANIA'S GOWN =O/
bcdf1930

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby SGA » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 pm

LOL at the threads title!

Yeah, we have a winner TURKS & CAICOS!!! =O/
SGA
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 22 May 1993
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: :)
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: :)(:):

Postby joie de vivre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 pm

GeneralBazinga wrote:Good thread you got here, Elmira. :=p I think you're spot on with Ethiopia and Lithuania. I definitely shook my head when I saw these two.

Now that we've seen the worst, I hope you can also do an article with the best gowns? :D/ Only the top 10's dresses were highlighted in the competition and you might agree that not all these deserved praiseworthy reactions. :-D

Hello GeneralBazinga! Thank you very much for the like! I'm so flattered. Hihi ^^ yes, sure! I'll definitely do one for the best gowns! I don't agree with some of the judges' picks, tbh! I'll do one def! Thanksssss! =c3 =c3 =c3
joie de vivre

Postby joie de vivre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 pm

cydoniac wrote:this was a great thread for the most part! :=p the gowns and the styling were indeed atrocious to say the least... :-O :-O

but please do a thread with the best gowns also...! (if you have the time ofc!)

Yes, sure! ^^ Thank you for the like! :"> :"> :"> :">
joie de vivre

Postby joie de vivre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

goddessoxana27 wrote:
joie de vivre wrote:

---

I hope some of the national directors in all pageant organization learnt from their mistakes or improve more in handling their contestants.
love lots!!!

Hello GoddessOxana! Thank you very much! ^^ yes, I do hope that the NDs learn from these poor ladies. Love love love! :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx
joie de vivre

Postby joie de vivre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:54 pm

bcdf1930 wrote:LITHUANIA'S GOWN =O/

IKR? =;)) =;)) =;)) Thanks for dropping by!
joie de vivre

Postby joie de vivre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 pm

SGA wrote:LOL at the threads title!

Yeah, we have a winner TURKS & CAICOS!!! =O/

Thank you very much! ^^ My retina was in convalescence now because of what happened after seeing these monstrosities. Ahahaha! First, Jewel Selver became a threat to Stefania's back to back win last 2009. And now, this! OMG, when will you stop?! :-O :-O
joie de vivre

Postby SGA » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 pm

The designer was definitely inspired by Colombia's 2011 EG but if you don't have the budget or the right skills better go a different way =O/

SGA

Date of Birth: 22 May 1993
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: :)
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: :)(:):

Postby KUKULKÁN » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

when we talk about atrocious gowns, one country comes right to my mind... BELGIUM... I don't know who's behind those gowns but in some years they have sent mess after mess.

KUKULKÁN

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Profession: .
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby joie de vivre » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 am

SGA wrote:
The designer was definitely inspired by Colombia's 2011 EG but if you don't have the budget or the right skills better go a different way =O/

And the shoes. The shoes killed everything else. Dio mio. @-) @-) @-)
joie de vivre

Postby joie de vivre » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 am

SANTI MENdbER wrote:
when we talk about atrocious gowns, one country comes right to my mind... BELGIUM... I don't know who's behind those gowns but in some years they have sent mess after mess.

Apparently, the national directors were patrons to some cheapskate Belgian design school who keeps on patronizing their children's designs. Cheapskate with a capital C written in black shiny ink.
joie de vivre

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 am

Nice thread! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby goddessoxana27 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:52 am

joie de vivre wrote:
goddessoxana27 wrote:
joie de vivre wrote:

---

love lots!!!

Hello GoddessOxana! Thank you very much! ^^ yes, I do hope that the NDs learn from these poor ladies. Love love love! :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx

you're always welcome dear!! congratulations!!!
:!! :!! :!! =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 <:-P <:-P <:-P
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby joie de vivre » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Mariana Erwin wrote:Nice thread! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3

Thank you very much, Mariana! I'm honored, really. :hx :hx :hx :hx
joie de vivre

Postby GeneralBazinga » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 am

joie de vivre wrote:
GeneralBazinga wrote:Good thread you got here, Elmira. :=p I think you're spot on with Ethiopia and Lithuania. I definitely shook my head when I saw these two.

Hello GeneralBazinga! Thank you very much for the like! I'm so flattered. Hihi ^^ yes, sure! I'll definitely do one for the best gowns! I don't agree with some of the judges' picks, tbh! I'll do one def! Thanksssss! =c3 =c3 =c3

Don't mention it. :-D

Great! I'm definitely looking forward to reading that. >=p

My excitement for the big night somehow makes the time oh, so slow. Threads, like this, really keep the agony of waiting at bay. Anyway, I hope you din't gouge your eyes out from witnessing such "atrocity." :%))
GeneralBazinga
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Danilo
Date of Birth: 22 Feb 1985
Profession: Educator
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Movies and TV Series, Anime

Postby Andy9x » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Andy9x
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: xxx
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby Beta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:13 pm

SANTI MENdbER wrote:

This one would've stood a chance if it was just one color, with skintone as the underlay over the alencon lace overlay.
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby Beta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:15 pm

thanks for injecting some joie de vivre back into the site!!
I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!
Beta

Postby Beta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:15 pm

thanks for injecting some joie de vivre back into the site!!
I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!
Beta

Postby joie de vivre » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Beta wrote:thanks for injecting some joie de vivre back into the site!!
I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!

Aww, I'm so flattered. This made my day! Thank you very much, sister! :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx I promise to be the best Miss World ever. CHAR!
joie de vivre

Return to Miss Universe