Very confused and disappointed

Very confused and disappointed

Postby JoelR » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:09 pm

Well, where to begin? Last night was full of surprises and OMG moments. Top 16...... Mexico was a huge shocker. To me, she is the El Tocuyo Winner. She was the best in swimsuit and evening gown. But at the same time, Telemundo was hyping Mexico way too much to the point where if she had won, it would've looked very bad. I watched the pageant on Telemundo and it was basically Mexico getting the attention from the one hour special. The Miss Universe promos that Telemundo showed was from Andrea's crowning which is odd because it should've of been last years crowning. Lupita was the only ND featured in the 1 hour special. Andrea was the backstage host, Ximena was a judge. And the only girl interviewed during the pageant was Mexico...... Ann probably caught this and played it safe and took Mexico out. Sadly, I think Mexico might go through a drought seeing how this looks very bad. Honduras, and Guatemala were also heavy Latina favorites. Also, the one hour special was so biased. As for the SS, the best to me was DR. Her confidence was at the top. Biggest let down was Peru..... girl....... how you manage to place is beyond me. Should've been Honduras. Evening gown was a bloodbath! Portugal looked so regal. Again, to me DR was the best. The girls all looked amazing. Biggest let down, PR. The dress was a no. The collar was an attempt to be high fashion which could've been pulled off better with a different hair style. Top 5! I would've put DR, PR, Curacao, Portugal and Haiti. To me, the top 3 was correct, PR blacked out and was clearly nervous. It was her spot and she gave it away, but I will say, USA was equally as nervous. She just gave a slightly better answer. Here's where I just canr figure out how USA won. While DR did come off as serious and should've been a little softer and smiled, she answered correctly and personalized it while be confident. USA not only seemed nervous she went over time and automatically should've been deducted points for not stopping. Totally unfair she was allowed more time. Venezuela also got nervous out of no where and stumbled a bit. To be honest the fact she used a translator made me roll my eyes. To be honest, they all did the same for final answer. At this point, who had done the best in SS, EG and too 5 should've determined who won and to me that was DR. She had the most confidence and came off as the most marketable.

I think this win will make the Miss USA scandal even more messier. Especially with USA given more time to answer. This edition was just one big sh*t show. Dont know if I am even excited for next year. Time will tell. Happy that they will use Venezuela and DR during this year. Let's see how they will be used.

JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Re: Very confused and disappointed

Postby JoelR » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:10 pm

Also forgot to add, Cardi B was posting about DR during the show. I can see DR blowing up and getting a modeling contract. She is so stunning
JoelR

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby Stoichio » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Regarding the controversy in Miss USA, the other girls want RBonney be dethroned. What will happen now that she’s no longer the Miss USA? Is the complaint to dethrone her still valid?

Sounds funny eh? Haha
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:48 pm

The "scandal" has already been resolved. There was an investigation and nothing came of it. If the allegations were true then Miss USA would have been dethroned a long time ago.

If Olivia Culpo can win Miss Universe then I feel like anything is possible at Miss Universe.

The Dominican Republic should count her blessings that she made it to the top 3. There were far better choices.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby kurtij » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:23 am

SO MEXICO IS THE MISS TOCUYO 2022?

MAJORITY SAYS PHILIPPINES.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby firerprince » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:31 am

Sorry you feel that way too.

Yep, only time would tell but I'm surely taking a long break and I won't be following national pageants (maybe except for MUP).
firerprince
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?

Postby aldoteng » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:55 am

I'm definitely with you on DR. She spoke more directly. I usually roll eyes at the usual pageant patty fluff that USA and Venezuela used. But it seems pageant patty fluff wins Miss Universe crowns. Same thing happened in 2021 edition when DR gave a more straightforward answer but placed 5th.
aldoteng
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: aldoteng
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 2008
Profession: Trading
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Singing in the shower

Postby poker_man » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:19 am

USA gave concrete answers to the questions. Dominican Republic could have won if she was more specific with the answers, and overall she was cold and lacked personality. Venezuela had tons of personality but gave very safe answers that were a bit generic. I think USA was going to win the minute she entered the finals because she gave answers that can easily be understood, and she made sure to talk about how it related to herself. It wasn't about impressing the judges with flowery words, which all the Latinas were used to doing. Curacao cannot handle the question, she could have entered the top three but she couldn't pull through with a decent answer.
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Return to Miss Universe