THAI ACQUIRES 100% MISS UNIVERSE

THAI ACQUIRES 100% MISS UNIVERSE

Postby Titan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:32 pm

Thai celebrity media tycoon and transgender rights advocate has bought the Miss Universe Organization for $20 million, marking the first time the beauty pageant organiser will be owned by a woman, her company said on Wednesday.

Jakapong "Anne" Jakrajutatip, CEO and biggest shareholder of JKN Global Group Pcl (JKN) (JKN.BK), is a celebrity in Thailand, starring in local versions of reality shows Project Runway and Shark Tank.

She has been outspoken about her experience as a transgender woman and also set up the Life Inspired For Thailand Foundation to advocate for the rights to dignity and opportunities for transgender people.

The acquisition is "a strong, strategic addition to our portfolio," said Jakapong, adding that Miss Universe, with its content, licensing and merchandising opportunities, plans to expand in Asia.

JKN produces its own shows and distributes content in Thailand from abroad including documentaries and Bollywood dramas. Its shares jumped nearly 10% in early trade on Wednesday.

The annual beauty contest run by the Miss Universe Organisation, which was co-owned by Donald Trump between 1996 and 2002, is broadcast in 165 countries and has been running for 71 years.

Sources: Reuters; Variety

Titan
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 26 Sep 2015
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ........
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: ........

Re: THAI ACQUIRES 100% MISS UNIVERSE

Postby Orakulo » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:43 pm

I hope the new owner will bring Miss Universe back to its former glory.
And I hope she's not a NAWAT in the making.
Orakulo
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Orakulong Bugok
Date of Birth: 26 Jul 2000
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Travel. Asian Cuisine. Boys Love Series.
Message: There's only one Earth, so we better start taking good care of it. Proud Earthling.

Postby jesnude » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:48 pm

Orakulo wrote:I hope the new owner will bring Miss Universe back to its former glory.
And I hope she's not a NAWAT in the making.

IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN, WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO BUT TO BOYCOTT AS WE DID TO CHEAP AND COOKING PAGEANT.
jesnude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TElemALCHuS
Date of Birth: 08 Dec 1971
Profession: Accounting
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Movies

Postby stuff » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:11 pm

I dont think she hates, Filipinos, Her TV Network aired Filipino dramas like Destiny Rose. she even sang the Thai themesong.
stuff

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Postby Geeyourhair » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:29 pm

stuff wrote:I dont think she hates, Filipinos, Her TV Network aired Filipino dramas like Destiny Rose. she even sang the Thai themesong.

And his rumored boyfriend is a Filipino. As long as she follows the normal process--electing winners through legit judging process then every country has an equal chance of winning the next Miss Universe. One thing for sure, Nawat will now be put to its rightful place below Miss Universe.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby wiwe (happy) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:45 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
stuff wrote:I dont think she hates, Filipinos, Her TV Network aired Filipino dramas like Destiny Rose. she even sang the Thai themesong.

And his rumored boyfriend is a Filipino. As long as she follows the normal process--electing winners through legit judging process then every country has an equal chance of winning the next Miss Universe. One thing for sure, Nawat will now be put to its rightful place below Miss Universe.

Below Miss Universe is Miss World, Nawat's contest is not yet included in the Big 5...
wiwe (happy)

Date of Birth: 23 Jul 2003
Profession: Volunteer Corps
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, pets - Folk music

Postby jacobson00 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:46 pm

that's the end for black winners (unless from USA).
jacobson00
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1970
Profession: Danseur
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and beauty

Postby unbreakable » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:54 pm

can't wait for the Drama :-D :-D :-D
unbreakable
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: (-_-)
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1993
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: SDSDAD
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Piano

Postby Onri » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Now this pageant will become MISS UNIVERSE PLASTIC SURGERY....and with disgusting make up and no communication is required....the girls has to show just......l hope u all are understanding...

Now the winner will be from Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia etc...

I am in now dilemma who will now host and make us bore with Thai English mixed hosting .....

This news is not at all good for us and the effect u will all see in future....
Onri

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Interacting with people

Postby Onri » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:04 pm

unbreakable wrote:
can't wait for the Drama :-D :-D :-D

See Her make up just like MGI...
Onri

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1990
Hobbies/Interests: Interacting with people

Postby Titan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Ratings in the US have been dropping Y-o-Y. I’m certain they will be capturing two main markets

- LatAm from media viewership
- SEA from brand partnerships and social media

It could very possibly happen in years to come that Miss Universe might not be telecasted in the US prime time but Asian prime time.
Titan

Postby panchopolo » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:41 pm

This is an explosive development in pageantry. It's a game changer.

My quick thoughts as an observer:

1. Trump sold the MUO to Endeavor (WME/IMG) when it was no longer a viable business model (what presidential aspirant would own a beauty pageant org, to begin with?). Endeavor sold the org to JKN after struggling to make the pageant relevant. For the MUO to remain profitable, it had to evolve beyond staging the show in glitz and glamor and sending its winner to media junkets as a marketing ambassadress. These are expensive, cost-center activations with significant financial loss. For Trump, Endeavor, and JKN, Miss Universe is an outdated legacy trophy. What is different is that the new owner seems keen on developing the Miss Universe brand across other channels--particularly e-commerce--implying that Miss Universe will now evolve into being a consumer brand: Miss Universe Hair Care, Miss Universe Fragrance, Miss Universe Bed and Bath--all available 24/7, online. Suddenly, everyone can now become beautifully confident. How else can you make an aspirational brand profitable 365 days a year?

2. I don't know how much Endeavor paid Trump to acquire the MUO, although in 2015 it was valued at $25M tops. I won't be surprised if JKN's $20M purchase is less than what Endeavor shelled out in 2015.

3. Miss Universe is now competing with pageants that no longer use advocacies to uplift their brand. Miss Universe tried and miserably failed the "green" route last year, which only highlighted Miss Earth's undeniable supremacy in this cause. This entire concept of Miss Gwand Circus and Miss Supranational giving pure, unabashed entertainment (and nothing else) to viewers is what the younger crowds are buying, as IG and FB have repeatedly shown. With Endeavor's portfolio of entertainment brands, why would they even bother entering the Miss Gwand Canal territory?

4. Southeast Asia is the last remaining geography where beauty pageants thrive. I checked JKN's LinkedIn profile, and learned that it has the reputation of successfully bringing global and Asian (including Korean and Philippine) entertainment content to Southeast Asian markets. This is great news. For pageant fans, it means better tailor-fit marketing, so expect much more gloss to the way Miss Universe will be managed. Those praying for a return to Trump's alpha-va-va-voom-killer goddesses will be orgasmic with frenzy. For the global franchise owners, it means more profitable viewer reach. Winner all the way!

5. Three of the Big Four are now owned and run by Asians. Julia Morley now has a person of Indian origin as her nation's prime minister. What does this tell you? <wink>

6. I can understand the early fears of rigging and cooking; after all, Thailand has been wanting to earn their third Miss Universe crown. Reality check, though: despite online toxicity in Thai fandom, we can all agree how much we have been loving Thailand's reps, and how much love that Thais give back to other sashes. My take: let 2023 and 2024 run their course, and enjoy the upgrades. Then b*itch later. :-*
panchopolo

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby esperasave » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:51 pm

panchopolo wrote:This is an explosive development in pageantry. It's a game changer.

My quick thoughts as an observer:

1. Trump sold the MUO to Endeavor (WME/IMG) when it was no longer a viable business model (what presidential aspirant would own a beauty pageant org, to begin with?). Endeavor sold the org to JKN after struggling to make the pageant relevant. For the MUO to remain profitable, it had to evolve beyond staging the show in glitz and glamor and sending its winner to media junkets as a marketing ambassadress. These are expensive, cost-center activations with significant financial loss. For Trump, Endeavor, and JKN, Miss Universe is an outdated legacy trophy. What is different is that the new owner seems keen on developing the Miss Universe brand across other channels--particularly e-commerce--implying that Miss Universe will now evolve into being a consumer brand: Miss Universe Hair Care, Miss Universe Fragrance, Miss Universe Bed and Bath--all available 24/7, online. Suddenly, everyone can now become beautifully confident. How else can you make an aspirational brand profitable 365 days a year?

2. I don't know how much Endeavor paid Trump to acquire the MUO, although in 2015 it was valued at $25M tops. I won't be surprised if JKN's $20M purchase is less than what Endeavor shelled out in 2015.

3. Miss Universe is now competing with pageants that no longer use advocacies to uplift their brand. Miss Universe tried and miserably failed the "green" route last year, which only highlighted Miss Earth's undeniable supremacy in this cause. This entire concept of Miss Gwand Circus and Miss Supranational giving pure, unabashed entertainment (and nothing else) to viewers is what the younger crowds are buying, as IG and FB have repeatedly shown. With Endeavor's portfolio of entertainment brands, why would they even bother entering the Miss Gwand Canal territory?

4. Southeast Asia is the last remaining geography where beauty pageants thrive. I checked JKN's LinkedIn profile, and learned that it has the reputation of successfully bringing global and Asian (including Korean and Philippine) entertainment content to Southeast Asian markets. This is great news. For pageant fans, it means better tailor-fit marketing, so expect much more gloss to the way Miss Universe will be managed. Those praying for a return to Trump's alpha-va-va-voom-killer goddesses will be orgasmic with frenzy. For the global franchise owners, it means more profitable viewer reach. Winner all the way!

5. Three of the Big Four are now owned and run by Asians. Julia Morley now has a person of Indian origin as her nation's prime minister. What does this tell you? <wink>

6. I can understand the early fears of rigging and cooking; after all, Thailand has been wanting to earn their third Miss Universe crown. Reality check, though: despite online toxicity in Thai fandom, we can all agree how much we have been loving Thailand's reps, and how much love that Thais give back to other sashes. My take: let 2023 and 2024 run their course, and enjoy the upgrades. Then b*itch later. :-*

Bring back the Oxana Federova Prototype. Bringing simplicity At IT'S BEST. The WINNER SHOULD BE MADE MARKETABLE TO SELL WOMEN'S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES to infuse more financial gain to the ORG and its charities they serve so they don't end up cash trapped. The Glitz and Glamour productions would be a great killer for the ratings to go up with it's entertainment values. With this kind of strategy, it would hit 3 or 4 birds with one stone. Everyone would be the winners, i.e.THE candidates, The Org, The Pageant Fans, Sponsors, handlers and The Charitable Institutions. Furthermore, THAT'S HOW THE ATHLETES ARE ALREADY BEEN DOING NOWADAYS. ON THE SIDES, AWAY FROM THEIR SPORTING COMPETITIONS THEY WOULD SELL OR MARKET ANY KIND OF PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE, GOODS AND MANY OTHERS.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby bukita » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:54 pm

Anne makes a short press via JKN18
26/10/2022 at 8:30PM

Just a quick summary
-JKN take over MUO 100%
-She is the first ever Thai woman who own Miss Universe.
-She got all Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and all related products
-Amy and Paula still in-charge
-Head office still in MYC
-Trans woman and marriage women are accepted.
-Revolution organization will happen
-Everyone will get more benefit from this project (personal, organization and national level)
-This is Thai soft power. Boost up tourism and economic in national level
-She will talk more about Soft Power 5F at Press Conference (Food, Fashion, Festival, Film and Fighting)
-She wants Thailand host Miss Universe in every two years for Thailand soft power promotional
-This is an expand business in organization level of JKN
-Being a trans woman herself who has many pressures in life she wants to prove herself that she can be a success woman. One day something leads her to meet this organization and asked, 'Anne do you want to do this?' ...I want to make it better and thank you so much all your love and support. This is so overwhelmed, and I will do my best for everyone.
-She is looking the Transformational Leader a girl who has leadership who dedicate herself to our world and universe.
-ONE UNIVERSE is a key of today. we will growth together and she say this is the top of beauty pageant at the end!

bukita

Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading

Postby esperasave » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:20 pm

bukita wrote:
Anne makes a short press via JKN18
26/10/2022 at 8:30PM

Just a quick summary
-JKN take over MUO 100%
-She is the first ever Thai woman who own Miss Universe.
-She got all Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and all related products
-Amy and Paula still in-charge
-Head office still in MYC
-Trans woman and marriage women are accepted.
-Revolution organization will happen
-Everyone will get more benefit from this project (personal, organization and national level)
-This is Thai soft power. Boost up tourism and economic in national level
-She will talk more about Soft Power 5F at Press Conference (Food, Fashion, Festival, Film and Fighting)
-She wants Thailand host Miss Universe in every two years for Thailand soft power promotional
-This is an expand business in organization level of JKN
-Being a trans woman herself who has many pressures in life she wants to prove herself that she can be a success woman. One day something leads her to meet this organization and asked, 'Anne do you want to do this?' ...I want to make it better and thank you so much all your love and support. This is so overwhelmed, and I will do my best for everyone.
-She is looking the Transformational Leader a girl who has leadership who dedicate herself to our world and universe.
-ONE UNIVERSE is a key of today. we will growth together and she say this is the top of beauty pageant at the end!

First an foremost, She/He needs to change His/Her name to resonate more appeal to The Western, Latin America, Anglo Saxon countries they plan to Market the brand. On the other hand, Don't count the Golden Eggs first before the Chicken will actually Hatch. It's just too extraordinary ambitions. We need to see first the outcome of day to day activities of the ORG before we jump into the conclusions so much. As one candidates have said in her casual interview from past edition of Miss Universe that she only wanted to live one day at a time and doesn't want to see her future because it takes away her excitement and the motivation to live. Subsequently, I don't think that it's 100% take over of the Org. No one could for a foreign national owning An American Company even based in The USA. Besides, $20 million is just cheap to acquire MUO. Telemundo, the official network for Latin America could afford it. But Telemundo has a role to play already and they are not bothering anymore about the buyout of certain functions which A Thai National had interest with. She/He cannot buy or afford Telemundo either 100%, probably her/ his assest is only 1% of that giant Telemundo who serves at least 100 countries and territories including the USA. ABS CBN is a giant company already but it only serves mainly THE FILIPINO AUDIENCE, but what's more for Telemundo? You can't kiss ass Telemundo because their assest is more than enough to even buy MUO. Most importantly, they have a good standing and is very reputable ORGANIZATION in itself. Telemundo is a network partner for Miss Universe, Miss World and The Olympics broadcaster to at least 100 countries, trust and territories but mainly in The Latin and North American targeted viewership.
esperasave

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:09 pm

This is great information Titan! Thank you for providing us with it!

Admittedly, I’m not overly optimistic that the pageant will steer away from its woke trajectory now that a transgender woman is at the helm. I’m quite old fashioned and think these pageants should be restricted to born-and-bred women. We’ll see how it goes….

Thank you again!
Jim_From_Boston
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby esperasave » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:09 pm

It happened so many times in the History of Miss Universe Organization that owners would be pushed back to give way to new entities. But the crazy pageant fans would remain in over the years. We always command our presence. We have been non negotiable, uncompromising and unapologetic when it comes to our needs and wishes. We are like BABIES that we should be taken cared of or else chaos would erupt in the social media and elsewhere to demand answers to all of our qualms and complaints.
esperasave

Postby stuff » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:01 am

Miss International use to be American owned and it was relevant in the US when it was American owned then came to obscurity when Japan owns it. JKN must face the challenge of making it relevant to the US.
stuff

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:40 am

HERE'S MY PREDICTION.

- MISS UNIVERSE MIGHT BE AIRED IN NBC. JKN AND NBC HAS A BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP IN THAILAND.

- EXTRAVAGANT PRODUCTION DURING FINAL SHOW. INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS MIGHT BE EXPECTED TO PERFORM DURING LIVE SHOW.

- ANNE JKN WILL NOT BE BIASED. SHE'S A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSWOMAN AND SHE WON'T SACRIFICE HER REPUTATION OR HER COMPANY FOR A COOKING SHOW.

- MISS UNIVERSE WINNER WILL BE MARKET FRIENDLY. MEANING THE ORG WILL CHOOSE A WINNER THAT THEY THINK WILL BRING MONEY TO THE COMPANY.

- ASIAN COUNTRIES LIKE PHILIPPINES AND THAILAND MIGHT BE THE STRONG SASHES, BUT LIKE WHAT I'VE SAID BEFORE, ANNE JKN WILL NOT BE BIASED AND HER ORG WILL CHOOSE A WINNER THAT WILL PLEASE BOTH FANS AND SPONSORS.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 am

IT IS ALSO A GOOD MOVE FOR ANN JKN TO ALSO ACQUIRE MISS USA AND MISS TEEN USA, TO MAINTAIN MISS UNIVERSE RELEVANCE IN THE U.S.
Elyerno Zabagguri

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby FranciaREGINA » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:10 am

FranciaREGINA

Date of Birth: 22 Dec 1993
Profession: Esteticienne
Hobbies/Interests: Pets, photography, Holistic medicine

Postby FranciaREGINA » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:25 am

FranciaREGINA

Postby FranciaREGINA » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:27 am

FranciaREGINA

Postby AvantGarde327 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:45 am

Lets see how this new group does. Too early to judge.
if you like me raise ur hand if u dont like me raise ur STANDARDS

the queen is never late, it's just that everyone's too early!
AvantGarde327

Real Life Name/Nick: Trans Queen
Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1991
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Read Books, Surf the net, Watch Movies, Shopping
Message: Missosology is the best invention ever in human history!!!

Postby bukita » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:34 am

bukita

Postby FranciaREGINA » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:10 am

Will the new owner of Miss Universe bring back the Little Sisters and old Miss Universe Theme Song ? <:>
FranciaREGINA

Postby FranciaREGINA » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:27 am

During today's Miss Universe Organization Press Conference with the new sole owner Anne Jakkaphong from JKN Global Company, Lebanese jeweler Fred Mouawad of <<Mouawad Jewelry>> revealed that they will be unveiling a NEW CROWN in January for the 71st Miss Universe competition :wow:
FranciaREGINA

Postby bukita » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:54 am

The owner can do anything. But normally, the owner should know what he should do and what he should not.
We will not just pick the winner. We get into this business to build long term brand, not to do what we want.
Miss Universe contest has its standard which is in line with the international standard and must be fair to all contestants from all the countries.

@annejkn.official - the president of Miss Universe, Miss USA & Miss Teen USA
bukita

Postby Titan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:55 pm

I mean the South East Asian countries are gaining more prominence in the world of pageantry. So that’s not going to go away. I just a fair game for everyone.
Titan

Postby obrigado » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:08 pm

jacobson00 wrote:that's the end for black winners (unless from USA).

Unfortunately, you are probably right.
obrigado

Real Life Name/Nick: obrigado
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1975
Profession: fashion merchandiser
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: fashion, tennis, travel

Next

Return to Miss Universe