Miss Universe's reign have become boring

Miss Universe's reign have become boring

Postby sephie » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:46 am

I don't if it is just me but I think that the reign of MUO titleholders have become very very boring

Catriona was underutilized
Zozi was limited due to the pandemic (which is understandable)
Andrea's was short and forgettable
Harnaaz lost her spark.

These are remarkable women but Im not sure how they can be more impactful

sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Re: Miss Universe's reign have become boring

Postby Atbindia » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:50 am

sephie wrote:I don't if it is just me but I think that the reign of MUO titleholders have become very very boring

Catriona was underutilized
Zozi was limited due to the pandemic (which is understandable)
Andrea's was short and forgettable
Harnaaz lost her spark.

These are remarkable women but Im not sure how they can be more impactful

You're mostly right here and agree with you. Miss universe seems to be running out of ideas and ambition in this competitive world where entertainment industry is at an all time high.
Catriona definitely under-utilized. Don't know how they couldn't utilize her properly. One of the best winners in recent years.
Zozi was inspiring. Just couldnt show due to lockdowns and covid spread.
Andrea- again Miss universe couldn't plan out anything special. We had a towering winner after so long.
Harnaaz- She genuinely tried very hard at all the events and gave her best foot. Recent is her India rally at NYC. Unfortunately her body just isn't there anymore. That woman can regain her spark if she gets back again in shape.
Atbindia
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Atb
Date of Birth: 21 May 1997
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Self employed
Hobbies/Interests: Music
Message: Curious to know the length to which contestants go to win pageant.

Postby esperasave » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:46 pm

Most of the Western World, they don't care about Pageantries. They don't follow that too well. Most of the times, they are in tune to Sports, Music, Politics and Hollywood.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Criselda » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 pm

True.
Criselda

Profession: STUDENT
Hobbies/Interests: READING

Postby BeautyFan » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:07 am

Actually Miss Univerese became irrelevant in the 2010s. In the 90 and early 2000s, Miss Universe was an ambassador for the prevention and non-discrimination of HIV/AIDS. There is no motif to reign on after the 2000s. Miss World travels around the world for charities and funding, and the fake Miss Gwand goes out there to "stop the war" =;))

Miss Universe needs to find a cause to give the queens relevance throughout the year.
BeautyFan

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1983
Hobbies/Interests: Surf the web

Postby esperasave » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:55 am

BeautyFan wrote:Actually Miss Univerese became irrelevant in the 2010s. In the 90 and early 2000s, Miss Universe was an ambassador for the prevention and non-discrimination of HIV/AIDS. There is no motif to reign on after the 2000s. Miss World travels around the world for charities and funding, and the fake Miss Gwand goes out there to "stop the war" =;))

Miss Universe needs to find a cause to give the queens relevance throughout the year.

BRING BACK MISS INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION THIS YEAR. MISS HANNAH MISS INTERNATIONAL PHILIPPINES 20...FORGOTTEN IS OVER TRAINED AND OVER COOKED ALREADY FROM WAITING HER CONTEST TO COMMENCE.
esperasave

Postby Torres23 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:37 am

The reign of a Miss Universe has been boring for almost a decade but since IMG has the pageant all the queens have become irrelevant and don’t travel or do much, they need to get new sponsors and become ambassadors of some charities so they can travel and go to national pageants and not wait for the local org to invite the Miss Universe..

And now with the “inclusion & respect” like if this was Miss Plus Universe or Mrs. Universe… this is the beginning of the end for this pageant unless they sell it to someone who actually cares and stop accepting trans, married women, women with children and plus size girls. =b
FOLLOW MUPR 2022 ASHLEY CARIÑO ON HER JOURNEY TO THE MISS UNIVERSE 2022 PAGEANT: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1935153
Torres23
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Dec 2012
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: -----------------
Message: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

Postby esperasave » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:16 am

Torres23 wrote:
The reign of a Miss Universe has been boring for almost a decade but since IMG has the pageant all the queens have become irrelevant and don’t travel or do much, they need to get new sponsors and become ambassadors of some charities so they can travel and go to national pageants and not wait for the local org to invite the Miss Universe..

And now with the “inclusion & respect” like if this was Miss Plus Universe or Mrs. Universe… this is the beginning of the end for this pageant unless they sell it to someone who actually cares and stop accepting trans, married women, women with children and plus size girls. =b

People wants respect and inclusion, but how come we do not include fetuses and needed them to be aborted even right to our very own eyes? They are already an IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD.
esperasave

Postby sephie » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:52 pm

Just expect Miss Universe to die in a few more years. The trend is seen in Miss USA/ Miss America

I honestly think the problem is that the production value of Miss Universe is not at par with the trend. Look at Miss France, it has been increasing its rating year in, year out--- simply because it is entertaining. The production value has been young hip and engaging.

I think they need to allot more budget for that
sephie

Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby escalantex » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:38 am

sephie wrote:Just expect Miss Universe to die in a few more years. The trend is seen in Miss USA/ Miss America

I honestly think the problem is that the production value of Miss Universe is not at par with the trend. Look at Miss France, it has been increasing its rating year in, year out--- simply because it is entertaining. The production value has been young hip and engaging.

Agree with you. The production has to change significantly. At first, it became extremely US-centric which is not really good as it is international pageant. It also became too much pandering regarding the current trends of online world. The opening numbers should be a grand spectacle which literally sucks you into the show - hip hop artists cannot do that. Is is nice to hear that show wants to appeal to younger generations more, but having so much hip-hop there just gives their international audience a slap up the head. How can hip hop appeal to 50yr old lady from let's say Indonesia? Or France? Or Australia? Just tell me...how?

I also hope that one day the age of these huge screens will end and we'll get some actual stage design again! :)
escalantex
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1986
Profession: beauty expert
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby esperasave » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:56 am

escalantex wrote:
sephie wrote:Just expect Miss Universe to die in a few more years. The trend is seen in Miss USA/ Miss America

Agree with you. The production has to change significantly. At first, it became extremely US-centric which is not really good as it is international pageant. It also became too much pandering regarding the current trends of online world. The opening numbers should be a grand spectacle which literally sucks you into the show - hip hop artists cannot do that. Is is nice to hear that show wants to appeal to younger generations more, but having so much hip-hop there just gives their international audience a slap up the head. How can hip hop appeal to 50yr old lady from let's say Indonesia? Or France? Or Australia? Just tell me...how?

I also hope that one day the age of these huge screens will end and we'll get some actual stage design again! :)

I agree that The Stage should only have one backdrop for each competition but bright enough to see the whole Effects of The Ladies and The Stage. I don't like Personally, The Spectacles of Lighting because it distracts your Vision from The Whole Show itself.
esperasave

Postby valleriam » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:58 am

The Miss Universe Org. has been allowing too many things and it has become inconsistent with the original brand. It will never be the same again.
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2018:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1619687
valleriam
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC

Postby esperasave » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:47 pm

valleriam wrote:The Miss Universe Org. has been allowing too many things and it has become inconsistent with the original brand. It will never be the same again.

JUST LIKE IN ANY AMERICAN AIRLINE INDUSTRIES IN THE US. THEY ARE ALLOWING PLUS SIZE FLIGHT STEWARDESS TO BECOME ONE WHEN IN FACT THE AISLE OF THE PLANE IS SMALL. IT WOULD ALWAYS HARD TO NAVIGATE FOR THEM TO DO THAT. FURTHERMORE, THERE'S MANY OLD FLIGHT STEWARDESS. ONE THING THEY NEED TO CONSIDER IS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY FIT ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THE HAZARD OF WORK IN THE AIR, BUT THEY ARE STILL HIRING THEM. THEY COULD WORK AS GROUND STEWARDESS IF THEY ARE THOSE PEOPLE. THEY SHOULD HIRE THOSE FIT AND YOUNG PEOPLE WITH PLEASING PERSONALITY BECAUSE THEY FALL UNDER CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS MAINLY THE REASON WHY THERE'S SO MANY FISTS FLYING IN THE AIR WHILE THE PLANE IS MOVING. VERY LOW CUSTOMER SERVICE, EVEN THEIR FOOD THEY SERVE IS UNVEARABLE TO TAKE IN. AS I TOOK AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TO THE PHILIPPINES, PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SERVICE THEY ARE GETTING FROM ANY U.S. AIRLINE CARRIER BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEEN HOW DRAMATICALLY IT HAS EVOLVED. UNLIKE ALL OTHER INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES CARRIER, THEY GET THOSE PEOPLE WHO COULD SERVE THEIR PASSENGER BETTER SO THERE'S NO FIGHT GOING ON IN ANY FLIGHT THEY SERVE. PEOPLE ARE SATISFIED BUT WHEN YOU FLY IN ANY U.S. CARRIERS, IT'S A STRUGGLE. LIKEWISE, IF THE FLIGHT STEWARDESS BECOMES OLD, FAT AND PREGNANT, THEY SHOULD NEVER FLY BUT AS A GROUND STEWARDESS. IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE ON THEM THE MOMENT THEY FLY.
Last edited by esperasave on Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
esperasave

Postby ManMeat » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:58 am

The competition is most important one but competition getting worse and boring
The winner’s reign became boring in the 2010s

Pageantry doesn’t make ppl excited anymore since pandemic
Now I rarely check the winner’s reign and recent national pageant news

And climate change is more important now
I’m a victim of heavy rain, I barely survived this national disaster

I think Miss Universe need to change platform
Just like ME, environment awareness should be the new platform
HIV/AIDS doesn’t relevant anymore
Last edited by ManMeat on Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Intact Salami smuggler
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Let me bury my face in your pec cleavage

Postby escalantex » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:30 pm

esperasave wrote:
valleriam wrote:The Miss Universe Org. has been allowing too many things and it has become inconsistent with the original brand. It will never be the same again.

JUST LIKE IN ANY AMERICAN AIRLINE INDUSTRIES IN THE US. THEY ARE ALLOWING PLUS SIZE FLIGHT STEWARDESS TO BECOME ONE WHEN IN FACT THE AISLE OF THE PLANE IS SMALL. IT WOULD ALWAYS HARD TO NAVIGATE FOR THEM TO DO THAT. FURTHERMORE, THERE'S MANY OLD FLIGHT STEWARDESS. ONE THING THEY NEED TO CONSIDER IS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY FIT ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THE HAZARD OF WORK IN THE AIR, BUT THEY ARE STILL HIRING THEM. THEY COULD WORK AS GROUND STEWARDESS IF THEY ARE THOSE PEOPLE. THEY SHOULD HIRE THOSE FIT AND YOUNG PEOPLE WITH PLEASING PERSONALITY BECAUSE THEY FALL UNDER CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS MAINLY THE REASON WHY THERE'S SO MANY FISTS FLYING IN THE AIR WHILE THE PLANE IS MOVING. VERY LOW CUSTOMER SERVICE, EVEN THEIR FOOD THEY SERVE IS UNVEARABLE TO TAKE IN. AS I TOOK AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TO THE PHILIPPINES, PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SERVICE THEY ARE GETTING FROM ANY U.S. AIRLINE CARRIER BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEEN HOW DRAMATICALLY IT HAS EVOLVED. UNLIKE ALL OTHER INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES CARRIER, THEY GET THOSE PEOPLE WHO COULD SERVE THEIR PASSENGER BETTER SO THERE'S NO FIGHT GOING ON IN ANY FLIGHT THEY SERVE. PEOPLE ARE SATISFIED BUT WHEN YOU FLY IN ANY U.S. CARRIERS, IT'S A STRUGGLE. LIKEWISE, IF THE FLIGHT STEWARDESS BECOMES OLD, FAT AND PREGNANT, THEY SHOULD NEVER FLY BUT AS A GROUND STEWARDESS. IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE ON THEM THE MOMENT THEY FLY.[/quote

You are absolutely right. With all the respect to overweight people, it all starts with giving the things proper names. It is not OK to be called big instead of fat. Period. I totally understand that some people are overweight due to illness, but it is just one in a hundred. Majority of such people simply were not taught to healthy eating. We are wondering why there is such a drought...well, there's 7 billion people on the planet. 80% of human body is just water. We also know that there is a worldwide obesity issue. Let's do the math - people weigh twice as much as they could weigh...80% of that extra weight is water...somebody must have drank some water else he would die...where is that water which is missing in nature? Hm?

Do not get me wrong, I am not body-shamer...I am just acknowleding the real issues. I am a huge fan of every overweight person who decides to battle it, and I truly believe that starting doing something equals half of the success. It is not just a first step, it is a major decision which we need to be proud of.

Peace
escalantex

Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1986
Profession: beauty expert
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:38 pm

To be honest, I don't mind them getting any participant as long as she is 18 - 28 years old and unmarried. However, the advocacy of Miss Universe nowadays should be something that is relevant, and IMG has not been able to even get a target advocacy and it's becoming too general. Harnaaz did her best in advocating for menstrual equity, though (just like Manushi), and even her own health struggles. The interviews of the delegates are hilarious (such as Harnaaz' impression and Maeva's joke about her twin), but the advocacy and promotion part has been a bit off, especially in the last years of the Trump era and the IMG era, which has failed to fix mistakes from the previous era (although they did try their best).
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby BeautyFan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:34 pm

ManMeat wrote:The competition is most important one but competition getting worse and boring

Pageantry make ppl excited anymore since pandemic

HIV/AIDS is still a big problem in African, Eastern European, Asian countries and more vulnerable groups with no access to treatments and the stigma. Maybe not relevant for Miss Universe sponsors?
BeautyFan

Postby ManMeat » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:16 am

BeautyFan wrote:
ManMeat wrote:The competition is most important one but competition getting worse and boring

HIV/AIDS is still a big problem in African, Eastern European, Asian countries and more vulnerable groups with no access to treatments and the stigma. Maybe not relevant for Miss Universe sponsors?

Africa? That’s Malnutrition and Malaria
In Africa, they don’t require test to diagnose HIV/AIDS
Cuz HIV test kit is more expensive than food

Watch The Other Side of AIDS, House of Numbers documentaries.
These 2 documentaries saved my HIV+ friend’s life

“TOXIC” HIV medication is based on clinically failed anticancer drug,
Cuz American CDC announced HIV as “CANCER VIRUS” in the 80s
Which is not true and they still use it

Questioning is the real science.
And nobody questioning HIV/AIDS theories and ppl treat HIV/AIDS like religion that nobody question to it

One of my friend is HIV+ and his long time partner is HIV-
With condom, and without condom, his partner is remaining HIV-

I watch Miss Universe as a game show, I don’t support Miss Universe platform except for Smile Train

COVID pandemic is more severe than HIV/AIDS cuz it’s 2022
ManMeat

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Intact Salami smuggler
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Let me bury my face in your pec cleavage

Postby BeautyFan » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 am

ManMeat wrote:
BeautyFan wrote:

Africa? That’s Malnutrition and Malaria
In Africa, they don’t require test to diagnose HIV/AIDS
Cuz HIV test kit is more expensive than food

Watch The Other Side of AIDS, House of Numbers documentaries.
These 2 documentaries saved my HIV+ friend’s life

“TOXIC” HIV medication is based on clinically failed anticancer drug,
Cuz American CDC announced HIV as “CANCER VIRUS” in the 80s
Which is not true and they still use it

Questioning is the real science.
And nobody questioning HIV/AIDS theories and ppl treat HIV/AIDS like religion that nobody question to it

One of my friend is HIV+ and his long time partner is HIV-
With condom, and without condom, his partner is remaining HIV-

I watch Miss Universe as a game show, I don’t support Miss Universe platform except for Smile Train

COVID pandemic is more severe than HIV/AIDS cuz it’s 2022

Here we go another conspiratorial theorist who watched Dr. Oz as real medicine.
Also being gay myself seen my friends living a full life thanks to advanced retro viral these days. If your friends are happy, good for them!
I agree with you. Miss Universe needs to find a relevant cause to stay relevant.
BeautyFan

Postby poker_man » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:04 pm

IMG cheapened the Miss Universe brand. Apart from Pia's controversial reign, Zozi was the only winner that was talked about by non-pageant fans. All the other IMG winners were forgettable.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby The.Apprentice » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:24 am

poker_man wrote:IMG cheapened the Miss Universe brand. Apart from Pia's controversial reign, Zozi was the only winner that was talked about by non-pageant fans. All the other IMG winners were forgettable.

Iris is far from forgettable. She litterally is one of the most successful Miss Universe ever, she is everywhere in France. She is working non-stop, is one of the most followed influencer here and is a multiple brands ambassador. All of this while working with many charities. Out of all the recent Miss Universe, she's the one having the most business-oriented mindest and taking up space everywhere. She reminds me a lot of Jennifer Hawkins in how she managed to build a successful resume after her win.
Andrea is doing very well for herself too, she had a great reign despite having a short one. She did more in 7 months than some in 12-13 months.
I wish Zozi was more "out there" but I guess her thing is speaking in conferences and hosting them. She could go into politics and do well.
The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby muzical » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 pm

BeautyBeach wrote:India has now change to so fat who want to watch her?

Lol She recently appeared on Trevor Noah show and millions watched her loll..atleast she's trying her best and getting the limelight instead of doing cooking or makeup tutotrial like previous IMG queens..
muzical

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: music,movies,books..

Return to Miss Universe