Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drought?

Image



  • 1

Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drought?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:57 pm

    

It seemed that Miss Universe Thailand Organization is possibly betting all in for former Miss World 2018-1st Runner Up & Miss World Asia 2018 Nicolene Limsnukan as a potential Miss Universe Thailand and Miss Universe winner just because former Miss World finalists Catriona Gray and Andrea Meza were able to win Miss Universe in 2018 & 2020 respectively. Will their gamble pay off and possibly end Thailand's 34 year drought at Miss Universe?


ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4307
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby esperasave » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:40 pm

WHY NOT? CATRIONA WAS CROWNED IN THAILAND. BESIDES THAILAND IS A BIG SUPPORTER OF ALL BEAUTY PAGEANTRIES IN THE WORLD RATHER THE UNIVERSE. THEIR REPRESENTATION TO THE WORLD IS ALWAYS AT THE DOOR STEP ANYTIME THEY ARE NEEDED. JUST LIKE THE PHILIPPINES, WE SUPPORT ALL CAUSES OF THE WORLD IN PEACE AND WAR TIMES TO REMIND THE WORLD AS A CONSCIENCE IN ERADICATING ALL PRESSING PROBLEMS AND SOCIAL DILEMNA BY WORKING OR FIXING THE COMMONALITY TILL WE SEE A POSITIVE RESULT. THAT'S SHOULD BE THE RELEVANCE OF BEAUTY PAGEANTRIES WHEN THE WORLD RATHER THE UNIVERSE IS FACING TOUGH OR CHALLENGING TIMES, THESE WOMEN REPRESENTATIVE OF THE WORLD, RATHER THE UNIVERSE SHOULD DELIVER ENLIGHTENING PROJECTIONS ABOUT SISTERHOOD, RESOLUTIONS, UNITY, INCLUSIVITY AND ALL THOSE LOVINESS FOR ALL OF US. THERE'S A DOZEN OF INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY PAGEANTRIES AND LET THEM DELIVER THEIR GOODS TO THE WORLD SPREADING THEIR FESTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR FOR THEIR ENTERTAINMENT VALUES, CHARITABLE WORKS, COMMERCIAL PURPOSES AND ALL LOVILINESS TO INTERRUPT WHAT COUKD BE A BAD OR EVIL FORCES THAT MAY HAPPEN. THEIR REPRESENTATION COULD SERVE AS A SHIELD AGAINST THOSE NATURES AND SITUATIONS BECAUSE OF THEIR ADVOCACIES WHICH THEY BRING IN THE COMPETITION WITH THEIR CHARMS IN EVENING GOWN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IN THEIR BIKINI COMPETITIONS.
Last edited by esperasave on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 3743
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1375
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:42 pm

esperasave wrote:WHY NOT? CATRIONA WAS CROWNED IN THAILAND.


Both Anne Murielle of Mauritius and Nicolene won Head to Head Challenge at Miss World 2018 for their strong communication skills yet Anne Murielle ended up as clapper at Miss Universe 2021 despite closed door interview weighted the most.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4307
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby JamesBand007 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:48 am

MW's choice of women and winner is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the way MUO chooses their girls. It just so happen that Catriona and Andrea suit to the taste of the MUO people.
With Nicolene I don't think she can pull it through, could even be a CLAPPER for all we know hahahaha
JamesBand007
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 01, 2022 11:11 pm
Country: Colombia (co)
Reputation: 12
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Advertising
Hobbies/Interests: sports
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby mybadname » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 am

Depends on the selected committee. Not all. There are other MW runners-up who ended up as clappers. So they must play their cards well like Ms. Gray and Ms. Mesa did.
my name is bad but i am good

MissUniverse/MissEarth
User avatar
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
Reputation: 3660
Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: hello everyone

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:31 am

I still remember ganyan din ang ginawa ng Miss Universe Malaysia noon kay Deborah Priya Henry nung 2011. Pero anong nangyari? Nganga ang bilat. =;))
Filipinos are not worth dying for.
User avatar
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Location: Tatar ASSR
Country: Russia (ru)
Reputation: 1633
Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz
Message: THE REAL B*TCH IN TOWN!

  • 3

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby chellomellow » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:19 am

Nicolene only placed that high in Miss World due to political reasons... She was underserving! Thailand was to host Miss World 2019 - which did not happen.
The same organisation that originally wanted to host Miss Universe but backed out eventually was the same one that had plans of bringing Miss World to Thailand.
I am uncertain if Thailand has a Miss World franchise still... Both Miss World and Miss Universe org had taken away their franchises from that org...
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█


TEAM TYA JANE
User avatar
chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 11902
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:11 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 5997
Date of Birth: 21 Nov 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I am an Angel sent from heaven ❤
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano
Message: Frank Speech and 2View needs Jesus before it is too late. Repent Satan Children...

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby hauteegirl » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:41 am

We all know, they always put undeserving girls in top 5 in MW. It's a common knowledge for political reasons. We all know what happened in MW2016 and it's not about Catriona at all. It's all about the sponsors who ended up in top 5 or 10.
User avatar
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 7587
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 9909
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Stoichio » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:04 am

chellomellow wrote:
Nicolene only placed that high in Miss World due to political reasons... She was underserving! Thailand was to host Miss World 2019 - which did not happen.
The same organisation that originally wanted to host Miss Universe but backed out eventually was the same one that had plans of bringing Miss World to Thailand.
I am uncertain if Thailand has a Miss World franchise still... Both Miss World and Miss Universe org had taken away their franchises from that org...



This…


:=p
Image
User avatar
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 22877
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 am
Location: Alexandria
Country: Saint Pierre and Miquelon (pm)
Reputation: 22283
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping
Message: God speed Misso!

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:50 am

Elyerno Zabagguri wrote:I still remember ganyan din ang ginawa ng Miss Universe Malaysia noon kay Deborah Priya Henry nung 2011. Pero anong nangyari? Nganga ang bilat. =;))


Ang problema ngayon ay mukhang nag-hype ang ilang netizens kay Nicolene matapos naligwak si Pataporn "First" Wang sa Top 30. Parang noong Miss World 2021/22 na pinipilit na dapat manalo sa Manasa dahil lang nanalo sa Harnaaz ng Miss Universe 2021 pero nabigo umabot sa Top 6 at nanalo si Karolina.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4307
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 am

JamesBand007 wrote:MW's choice of women and winner is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the way MUO chooses their girls. It just so happen that Catriona and Andrea suit to the taste of the MUO people.


Some people tended to forget this one that being placed at Miss World do not necessarily mean that you can place or win at Miss Universe just because Catriona and Andrea were able to place and won the crown.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4307
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby esperasave » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:56 pm

THEIR TRICK LAST YEAR DIDN'T WORK. THEY'LL HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE THIS YEAR. WITH AMANDA OBDAM 2 YEARS AGO, PARTLY IT WORKED OUT ON ALL THOSE LUXURUOUS BRANDS SHE CARRIED DURING THE COMPETITION.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 3743
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1375
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 2

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby PH_BEAUTY » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:14 pm

I doubt they'll let Thailand clap 2 years in a row.... but I am not feeling Nicolene at all 8-}
User avatar
PH_BEAUTY
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 7846
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 11447
Date of Birth: 31 Dec 2044
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Engineering Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Lady Gaga stan
Message: Mabuhay ang Ganda Pilipina!

  • 3

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:02 pm

The org led by Pui Sankosik over-analyzes Miss Universe. They build the competition by raping the candidates with public speaking activities so at the time they go on stage to be judged on stage performance it doesn't matter anymore because the fans' minds are conditioned to lean towards the best speakers already. One of a kind dumb format. This is why girls like Anchilee sailed through to the crown.

This is the reason why Thailand will never win Miss Universe under this org. Their nearest shot at the crown was with Chalita and Mareeya and both of them are from the old org >:) If only that org was kept, Thailand has a Miss Universe now.

Nicolene is plain af :O)
User avatar
firerprince
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 7328
Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?
Message: I hope this forum won't get nuked.

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby chorr » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:16 pm

firerprince wrote:
The org led by Pui Sankosik over-analyzes Miss Universe. They build the competition by raping the candidates with public speaking activities so at the time they go on stage to be judged on stage performance it doesn't matter anymore because the fans' minds are conditioned to lean towards the best speakers already. One of a kind dumb format. This is why girls like Anchilee sailed through to the crown.

This is the reason why Thailand will never win Miss Universe under this org. Their nearest shot at the crown was with Chalita and Mareeya and both of them are from the old org >:) If only that org was kept, Thailand has a Miss Universe now.

Nicolene is plain af :O)


I mean to be fair though, you'll just never know what kind of girl MUO wants for the year. From Catriona to Zozi to Andrea to Harnaaz, its a salad of speakers and performers. I will repeat what I said from the coverage - they dont have a game plan and their training program for their winner is not holistic. If they do put too much premium on what the Thai fans, then that's on them, after all, while they are still a business, they have to understand the girl they will be picking will be representing Thailand internationally. If Nicolene is their pick just because she is Thai favorite, then they have to train her to be good in Miss Universe because all that experience from MW is just gonna go jumping out of the building, especially with the claims that her RU finish is politcally motivated.

I still think that Anchilee could've placed if only 1. She did not let the pressure get to her. 2. MUT Org trained her better.
I mean they have chaperones WHILE competing, and still she went out on that stage wearing a crumpled ass lamé gown during the prelims.

Image
Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
User avatar
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10610
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 am
Location: just looking around
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 12323
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:23 pm

chorr wrote:
firerprince wrote:
The org led by Pui Sankosik over-analyzes Miss Universe. They build the competition by raping the candidates with public speaking activities so at the time they go on stage to be judged on stage performance it doesn't matter anymore because the fans' minds are conditioned to lean towards the best speakers already. One of a kind dumb format. This is why girls like Anchilee sailed through to the crown.

This is the reason why Thailand will never win Miss Universe under this org. Their nearest shot at the crown was with Chalita and Mareeya and both of them are from the old org >:) If only that org was kept, Thailand has a Miss Universe now.

Nicolene is plain af :O)


I mean to be fair though, you'll just never know what kind of girl MUO wants for the year. From Catriona to Zozi to Andrea to Harnaaz, its a salad of speakers and performers. I will repeat what I said from the coverage - they dont have a game plan and their training program for their winner is not holistic. If they do put too much premium on what the Thai fans, then that's on them, after all, while they are still a business, they have to understand the girl they will be picking will be representing Thailand internationally. If Nicolene is their pick just because she is Thai favorite, then they have to train her to be good in Miss Universe because all that experience from MW is just gonna go jumping out of the building, especially with the claims that her RU finish is politcally motivated.

I still think that Anchilee could've placed if only 1. She did not let the pressure get to her. 2. MUT Org trained her better.
I mean they have chaperones WHILE competing, and still she went out on that stage wearing a crumpled ass lamé gown during the prelims.


My point is very simple chorr, you can't train a face to be pretty. :)>-

All of the girls mentioned above are both pretty and smart. Some would argue about Zozi but I find those people quite racist. Zozi has a pretty face. Her figure is up for discussion though.

Miss Universe never crowns a plain jane. Orgs must understand that. Doesn't matter if you won the noble peace prize or if you fractured 100 bones before but survived. If you ain't gorgeous you won't be Miss Universe, in a politically correct world I can't say that but here's to honesty, cheers :hx

So Miss Universe can change their criteria about comm skills but they'll never go down to the level of beauty of Nicolene. Harsh, sorry :)>- Have to say it.

User avatar
firerprince
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 7328
Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?
Message: I hope this forum won't get nuked.

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby chorr » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:54 pm

firerprince wrote:
chorr wrote:
firerprince wrote:
The org led by Pui Sankosik over-analyzes Miss Universe. They build the competition by raping the candidates with public speaking activities so at the time they go on stage to be judged on stage performance it doesn't matter anymore because the fans' minds are conditioned to lean towards the best speakers already. One of a kind dumb format. This is why girls like Anchilee sailed through to the crown.

This is the reason why Thailand will never win Miss Universe under this org. Their nearest shot at the crown was with Chalita and Mareeya and both of them are from the old org >:) If only that org was kept, Thailand has a Miss Universe now.

Nicolene is plain af :O)


I mean to be fair though, you'll just never know what kind of girl MUO wants for the year. From Catriona to Zozi to Andrea to Harnaaz, its a salad of speakers and performers. I will repeat what I said from the coverage - they dont have a game plan and their training program for their winner is not holistic. If they do put too much premium on what the Thai fans, then that's on them, after all, while they are still a business, they have to understand the girl they will be picking will be representing Thailand internationally. If Nicolene is their pick just because she is Thai favorite, then they have to train her to be good in Miss Universe because all that experience from MW is just gonna go jumping out of the building, especially with the claims that her RU finish is politcally motivated.

I still think that Anchilee could've placed if only 1. She did not let the pressure get to her. 2. MUT Org trained her better.
I mean they have chaperones WHILE competing, and still she went out on that stage wearing a crumpled ass lamé gown during the prelims.


My point is very simple chorr, you can't train a face to be pretty. :)>-

All of the girls mentioned above are both pretty and smart. Some would argue about Zozi but I find those people quite racist. Zozi has a pretty face. Her figure is up for discussion though.

Miss Universe never crowns a plain jane. Orgs must understand that. Doesn't matter if you won the noble peace prize or if you fractured 100 bones before but survived. If you ain't gorgeous you won't be Miss Universe, in a politically correct world I can't say that but here's to honesty, cheers :hx

So Miss Universe can change their criteria about comm skills but they'll never go down to the level of beauty of Nicolene. Harsh, sorry :)>- Have to say it.



Conversely, there are lots of plain girls who placed over what we can consider goddesses. We should know better because PH has sent some questionable faces before, yet they placed. Beauty is subjective afterall. What I am pointing though is their performance too - specially in the prelim competition rounds because final night performance is an entirely different conversation (hello winner's glow). You might be a goddess who speaks 250 languages fluently but if you're performance in prelims and pre-final activities are blah then you are still missing the cut. And I agree, Nicolene is not the best girl out there, but if its indeed she is a tramoya and everything will be served for her in a silver platter, then she better deliver an earth shattering performance come prelims because if not, they are throwing a fucking bloodbath of a batch only to clap. Again. I am not saying you are wrong in anyway. :%))

Image
Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
User avatar
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10610
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 am
Location: just looking around
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 12323
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:50 pm

The beauty of Nicolene seems to be workable, can still be improved including her pesonality. Winnable, she may not but who knows.
User avatar
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 68356
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Eastern
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 32392
Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Stoichio » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:57 pm

firerprince wrote:
The org led by Pui Sankosik over-analyzes Miss Universe. They build the competition by raping the candidates with public speaking activities so at the time they go on stage to be judged on stage performance it doesn't matter anymore because the fans' minds are conditioned to lean towards the best speakers already. One of a kind dumb format. This is why girls like Anchilee sailed through to the crown.

This is the reason why Thailand will never win Miss Universe under this org. Their nearest shot at the crown was with Chalita and Mareeya and both of them are from the old org >:) If only that org was kept, Thailand has a Miss Universe now.

Nicolene is plain af :O)


They had the best chances with Chalita and Mareeya. The problem with the previous org was that, they took too much attention on the wardrobe of the girl, and they forgot the girl herself (I mean her over-all impact on-stage including how she attacks an interview).


MUT Org is a lost soul.
Image
User avatar
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 22877
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 am
Location: Alexandria
Country: Saint Pierre and Miquelon (pm)
Reputation: 22283
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping
Message: God speed Misso!

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby esperasave » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 am

WAIT UNTIL DAYS AHEAD OF MISS UNIVERSE COMPETITION WHERE THEY WOULD UNVEIL THEIR GAME PLAN AND UNLEASH. IT WILL BE NOISY IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA ON HOW THEY'LL TREAT THEIR PREPARATION.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 3743
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1375
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am

MAS BET KO PA SI PATRAPORN WANG KESA KAY NICOLENE >:)
Filipinos are not worth dying for.
User avatar
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Location: Tatar ASSR
Country: Russia (ru)
Reputation: 1633
Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz
Message: THE REAL B*TCH IN TOWN!

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:37 pm

Nicolene is far from being a plain jane. She is facially weaker than some favs but let’s not call her a plain jane just because she is not your cup of tea. This woman has star power.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 am
Location: Washington DC, USA
Country: Vietnam (vn)
Reputation: 1381
Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World
Message: Finding the Mork to my Pi

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:19 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Nicolene is far from being a plain jane. She is facially weaker than some favs but let’s not call her a plain jane just because she is not your cup of tea. This woman has star power.


Then some people are pushing it because history might be made at Miss Universe 2022? 3 former MW contestants won Miss Universe crown in 5 years, this will be an interesting gamble for Miss Universe Thailand Organization? They gambled on Anchilee's strong communication skills yet she failed to place in the Top 16.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4307
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby prowazekii » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:16 am

Shes not Catriona for Chrsit sake
and the only reason, she was firdt runner up at Miss world
..Cause Thailand, doped Julia of pledging to host her thrash pageant, which never happened:hx :hx
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
User avatar
prowazekii
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4772
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:00 am
Location: Pilipinas
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 1111
Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

  • 1

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby blunderer » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:50 am

She will by every mean will place in Miss Universe especially after last year's disaster. Win? Probablly not. I guess everyone's problem is that there are far better stronger girls in MUTh than her.
User avatar
blunderer
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:32 am
Location: ...
Country: Tajikistan (tj)
Reputation: 3494
Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Gender: Male
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace
Message: The hypocrites will taste their own medicines soon

  • 2

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Mess Pelepens » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:32 am

They always go for the girl with American accent .
So I guess it’s Nicolene .

But my bets are Suchata and Kanyalak .
Patraporn maybe .

No one can blame the Thais ... Q and A is big deal .
But I’ll go for a girl with confidence no matter what language she’s fluent .


Image
User avatar
Mess Pelepens
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 7565
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: -----------------
Hobbies/Interests: ---------------
Message: -----------------

  • 2

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby blunderer » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:27 pm

Veena has the most sensible answers (quite impressed with her QnA) but they gave it to Amanda Obdam because she has the American accent. If Veena competed she would have placed really high in MU2020
User avatar
blunderer
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:32 am
Location: ...
Country: Tajikistan (tj)
Reputation: 3494
Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Gender: Male
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace
Message: The hypocrites will taste their own medicines soon

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby chorr » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:58 pm

blunderer wrote:Veena has the most sensible answers (quite impressed with her QnA) but they gave it to Amanda Obdam because she has the American accent. If Veena competed she would have placed really high in MU2020


She could've won it. She would easily remove DR from that top 5.

Image
Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
User avatar
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10610
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 am
Location: just looking around
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 12323
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby Mess Pelepens » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:39 pm

blunderer wrote:Veena has the most sensible answers (quite impressed with her QnA) but they gave it to Amanda Obdam because she has the American accent. If Veena competed she would have placed really high in MU2020


I remember Amanda Obdam’s answer .
It’s kinda short .
Like you’re left hanging wanting more .

And she didn’t make it to top 5 ( the Q and A round ) ... so all that American accent thing was all worthless .
The blue gown ruined her ... it was just plain like off-the-rack from some department store .
I know they want to be patriotic and all ... using a Thai designer ... but gosh there’s no kick ass Thai fashion designer .
There’s actually a story behind that blue gown and what it symbolizes but who cares about any story or symbolism ? It has to be awesome looking .

And here’s an irony .
Remember Amanda Obdam flashing those brand name outfits , handbags and accessories during their day-to-day activities ?
Like gosh ... it all went down the drain with that plain blue gown of hers in the finals . They don’t have a pasabog unlike Philippines . I don’t think they know the concept of a pasabog . Yeah sure use your countryman’s gown but make sure it’s spectacular.


Same thing happened during the time of Catriona .
And Thailand was the host country ... gosh .
The Thai girl wore a gown made by a local designer...but that red gown with Swarovski crystals was boring as hell . There’s no oomph. Where’s the pasabog ?

Thais want to be patriotic but they don’t have a kick ass fashion designer .
Houston, we have a problem .
Ha ha

Kasi naman ‘no .
Patalbugan ang mga bakla sa Pilipinas. Magka alaman na kung sino ang pinaka bonggang bakla sa Pilipinas .
Dressing the Philippine rep sa Miss Universe pageant is their ultimate childhood dream .
And they have to pass through the eye of a needle para lang madamitan ang Philippine rep .
Last year Libiran gave them 5 gowns to choose from .



Image
User avatar
Mess Pelepens
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 7565
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: -----------------
Hobbies/Interests: ---------------
Message: -----------------

  • 0

Re: Is MUTh gambling on fmr MW R-Up just to end 34 yr drough

Postby blazingskyx27 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:26 pm


I have a feeling MUT Org will put their stakes on Nicolene, the same way they did to Amanda Obdam and Anchilee Scott - Kemis.
MUT, based on my observations, rely too much on formulas in picking their winners. Their template is Catriona Gray. And they also wait for the winner of MUPH before they devise a plan in choosing their winner.
Anchilee was chosen just because of her #RealBeauty platform, which emphasizes on her real size as an acceptable variation of beauty. This is in response to Bea Luigi Gomez platform as being part of the LGBT community.
We'll see how Nicolene will perform against the real standouts of MUT 2022 which includes Perpetua Smith (more beautiful than Nicolene and got commanding comm skills as well), the goddess - like Eye Kanyalak and the statuesque pageant veteran Patraporn Wang and the Thai - Fil Renee Veronica Pagano.
As for the caliber of girls competing in MUT 2022, I find it a bit underwhelming.
Mas ultra - competitive pa at total bloodbath sa BB Pilipinas 2022. I can name 10 strong girls na pwedeng ilaban sa international stage.



User avatar
blazingskyx27
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 909
Real Life Name/Nick: andy
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1977
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: pop culture observer/ writer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, writing, going to the gym
Message: Write a message here

Next

Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajsy0203, Brighter, britneybitch, drevfiesta, esperasave, Grandslam08, IwanSetiawan, RuslanGak, StephenLab, Toniney


contact us to advertise with missosology

Reputation System ©'