Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Re: Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Postby yellowyam1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:36 pm

life wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
ritikapal wrote:Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

You are talking about Manya Singh. And first thing first she did not compete in Miss India Universe rather Femina Miss India, the winner of which goes to Miss World and MGI. The top two winners are very deserving and were always pageant expert and crowd favourite. While I personally appreciate Manaya's story, things don't add up in her story which many of us who have followed the pageant closely have observed.

Coming to your question, can she recompete. Possibly, yes, but she should not, she's more popular than the winner (which is true), but she isn't made for international pageants. Her story pushed her as one of the top 3 winners and that's how it should be, the stronger girls are going for MW & MGI respectively. And as far as skin color is concerned, we have had dark coloured winners, many actually, but people don't acknowledge that, Adline's (Miss India Universe 2020) has brought a new dimension to Miss Diva and she will surely make us proud. What Adline has shown is that to participate in a pageant you need to study the pageant well, something both she and Aavriti (Miss Supranational India 2020) have done. So, going forward we can expect a great batch for Miss Diva, considering the pageant will now move to an earlier date like the previous editions.

Miss India is more popular hence we get better gals, but, with the insistence of the org more and more girls are able to understand the ask for Diva and henceforth we can expect great girls, especially, in the next edition.

Thanks for the response and thanks for being respectful

Oh, I absolutely like this girl. I don't know how genuine her story is. But even without a story, she's just so stunning. In my view, she should try for Miss Universe India later. I love that she spoke in her language during the Femina Q&A round. For a change, I would love to see an Indian speaking her native tongue at Miss Universe and using an interpreter. It would be so cool ! I don't remember any Miss India who answered in her own language at an international pageant.

I also think she is stunning

yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Re: Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:31 pm

India ended 19 year Top 5-less drought at 69th Miss Universe and finished 3rd Runner Up.

Will a possible tie situation at Miss Diva 2021 just like Femina Miss India 1994 & 2000 can be the key to their 3rd crown?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Previous

Return to Miss Universe