Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn lost?

Image



  • 1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby darthvader » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 am

    

Again, in Miss Universe, you don't need to have the best answer to win. Demi might beat Catriona had they competed in the same year. But Zozi, not in a million years she would beat Catriona. As i said, if Zozi competed in 2018 she might not even make it to the Q&A round.


darthvader
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am
Location: laguna
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 312
Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: books, movies, tv
Message: be proactive

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby lucy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 am

manoypoe wrote:
lucy wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
aldoteng wrote:I didn't think Tamaryn was much of a performer either (SS, EG, interviews). She just has a supremely beautiful face that some say is even prettier than Cat. In terms of performance Venezuela and Vietnam were absolutely more memorable that year.


More pretty than Catriona is debatable. Catriona's beauty has differend kind of charisma. I overhead my Arab male, yes you read it male, colleagues talking about beauty pageants. Never thought that they also liked beauty pageants. Another colleague said the most beautiful one she has seen is Catriona Gray.

What makes Catriona more beautiful is her personality. She is a complete package. During the finals night, her looks slayed everyone, in my opinion. Tamaryn looked inferior and she lacked that confidence standing side by side Catriona.

Until now, I am amazed how Catriona made herself more than just a beauty queen. She is more relevant than before.


CAT'S LOOKS ARE TOO CAUCASIAN, VERY COMMON HERE IN ENGLAND, WHERAS TG IS A MORENA GODDESS, BUT I COMMEND CAT FOR WINNING OUR FIFTH Miss Universe CROWN, PLUS I KNOW THIS WILL EVEN GIVE YOU A HEARTACHE BUT OUR Miss Universe 2015 PIA IS MILES BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO PHYSICAL BEAUTY AND HAS A MORE QUEENLY AURA THAN CATRIONA, JUST MY OPINION, NO HATE :)>- :=p



Of course, that is your opinion. You have been sidelining Queen Cat coz of your love for Miss World. I love Queen Pia but Queen Cat is the best Miss Universe ever. Look how she still makes wave in Colombia, as if she still the reigning Queen. Queen Cat comnands respect and admiration. She is in store for larger things in years to come.


BEST MISS UNIVERSE EVER? 8-} , MAYBE YOU'RE JUST BASING ON THE FINAL NIGHT BUT NOT THE MORE IMPORTANT REIGN AS Miss Universe, PIA AND EVEN GABRIELA HAVE MORE PRODUCTIVE AND MEMORABLE REIGNS THAN CAT, WHAT DID CAT DO MOST HER REIGN?, STAYING IN HER NYC APARTMENT :)>-
User avatar
lucy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 3158
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 am
Location: Southfields, London
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 1947
Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites
Message: i love to see this site

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:17 pm

Contrary to what many are saying, for me 2018 was not the "sureshot" winner year. For me Iris and Demi were winners from the word go. But 2018 was a tough three way between Catriona, Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam. Miss Puerto Rico was right behind them. It doesn't matter that Tamaryn tripped in her evening gown. I don't think the judges are so shallow to penalize someone for such things. Infact in the top 5, Tamaryn's answer was the best whereas Catriona's was so so. But in the top 3, the tables turned. In the top 3 question, Tamaryn froze but Catriona hit it out of the park. Maybe Tamarayn was just overwhelmed under the pressure of coming next to Demi's win, the closer she inched to the crown. On the other hand. it seems Catriona reserved her best for the last. It is very final answer which clinched the deal for Catriona. Until then it could have been even Tamaryn. She gave Catriona a run for her money until the very end. Had Tamaryn given a better answer and won, this is the kind of back to back I would have really liked to see in Miss Universe. Not the one of Dayana-Stefania in 2008-09. I don't understand how Stefania managed to win in 2009. That looked more like an orchestrated back to back to me.

With Zozi, it was a different story. I never thought she would place so high. But come finals night, she was unstoppable. She did everything perfect. Right from her opening statement, to her fabulous evening gown and basically every time she opened her mouth the words she spoke were just perfect. For me, 2019 was not very competitive year for me, unlike 2018. I am happy for Madison Anderson but I didn't get the hype around her.

Between the 3 Miss SAs, unlike others, Demi is my favorite (not Tamaryn). Then Tamryn and Zozi, in that order.
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

  • 1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby qwertyu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:41 am

Cat and Tamaryn were head to head during the finals night! i think Tamaryn is being favored to win, but she was up against Catriona who was just impossible to beat!
i have to agree that Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand, and people who said otherwise were either in denial or just plain haters.

during the finals, i can say these were the scenarios

Opening Statement - Tamaryn wins! (she's probably the best in the top 20 in this round)
SW - close tie between Catriona and Tamaryn
EG - Catriona wins
1st Q&A - Tamaryn wins
Final Statement - Catriona wins in a landslide

it was a tough battle between Catriona and Tamaryn. I've said this before, if Zozi competed in 2018, she would not have won, and Tamaryn would have been Miss Universe 2019.
Tamaryn is sooo stunning! probably one of the most beautiful faces to ever walked the Miss Universe stage. her background and profile is what IMG wants!
Image
credits to the owner/maker of this signature
User avatar
qwertyu
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:58 am
Location: Philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2988
Real Life Name/Nick: kevin
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1989
Gender: Male
Profession: something
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: something
Message: bitches!

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:36 am

"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

  • 1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby The.Apprentice » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:26 pm

life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.
User avatar
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Marseilles.
Country: France (fr)
Reputation: 1163
Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

  • -1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby Hashim » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Catriona was never a deserving winner. She lacked a beautiful face. Her face resembles that of a hollow Halloween pumpkin.With that said Tamaryn is highly over-rated ,and placed much higher than she should have Never got the hype around Vietnam either. She looked like a teenage boy . WTF!!!! with that short hair and her boyish kind of actions!! Vietnam ws weird and funny looking ,and should not have even placed in the top 20. Catriona would have made top 20 at the maximum, and Tamaryn should've stopped at the top 10.

The real winners of MU2018 were Canada , Venezuela and Puerto Rico.
Canada should have won Miss Universe 2018 with Venezuela as the first runner-up and Puerto Rico the second runner-up.

Catriona just placed high because of her sash. Had she been Miss Malaysia or Singapore nobody would have given her a second look.

End of Discussion!!!

Last edited by Hashim on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss International 1994 Christina Lekka

Image
User avatar
Hashim
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 5034
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm
Location: Charlotte ,North Carolina
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: -1866
Real Life Name/Nick: Myself
Date of Birth: 25 Sep 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming
Message: I have been following pageants for a very long time.

  • 2

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby The.Apprentice » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:19 pm

Hashim wrote:Catriona was never a deserving winner. She lacked a beautiful face. Her face resembles that of a hollow Halloween pumpkin.With that said Tamaryn is highly over-rated ,and placed much higher than she should have Never got the hype around Vietnam either. To me she was looked a teenage boy . WTF!!!! with that short hair and her boyish kind of actions. Vietnam should not have even placed in the top 20. Catriona would have made top 20 at the maximum, and Tamaryn should've stopped at the top 10.

The real winners of MU2018 were Canada , Venezuela and Puerto Rico.
Canada should have won Miss Universe 2018 with Venezuela as the first runner-up and Puerto Rico the second runner-up.

Catriona just placed high because of her sash. Had she been Miss Malaysia or Singapore nobody would have given her a second look.

End of Discussion!!!



That was uncomfortable to read. Stop reaching Gina, Catriona happened and Catriona did.
User avatar
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Marseilles.
Country: France (fr)
Reputation: 1163
Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:30 am

The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

  • 1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby The.Apprentice » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:56 am

life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..
User avatar
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Marseilles.
Country: France (fr)
Reputation: 1163
Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm

The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..


Started with the name calling already? Words like "untouchable" are nice fantasies to create this post-truth illusion about Catriona by the crazy Filipino fans.
She was very touchable, notwithstanding how accomplished she is. She became "untouchable" only after Tamaryn fell short in the final answer. So there goes your few minutes of "untouchability". But you come around in your last sentence, which says it all. Just rejoice in the fact that she won but give credit where it's due to Tamryn and Miss Vietnam. It's like being greedy for more even after having a seven course meal.
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

  • 1

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby The.Apprentice » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:14 pm

life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..


Started with the name calling already? Words like "untouchable" are nice fantasies to create this post-truth illusion about Catriona by the crazy Filipino fans.
She was very touchable, notwithstanding how accomplished she is. She became "untouchable" only after Tamaryn fell short in the final answer. So there goes your few minutes of "untouchability". But you come around in your last sentence, which says it all. Just rejoice in the fact that she won but give credit where it's due to Tamryn and Miss Vietnam. It's like being greedy for more even after having a seven course meal.


oops I hurt feeling already...
Again, they gave their all, it was great watching them but she still was miles ahead, so what's not to understand Susan. Her win was obvious and everybody knew that.
Just be happy.
User avatar
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Marseilles.
Country: France (fr)
Reputation: 1163
Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm

The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..


Started with the name calling already? Words like "untouchable" are nice fantasies to create this post-truth illusion about Catriona by the crazy Filipino fans.
She was very touchable, notwithstanding how accomplished she is. She became "untouchable" only after Tamaryn fell short in the final answer. So there goes your few minutes of "untouchability". But you come around in your last sentence, which says it all. Just rejoice in the fact that she won but give credit where it's due to Tamryn and Miss Vietnam. It's like being greedy for more even after having a seven course meal.


oops I hurt feeling already...
Again, they gave their all, it was great watching them but she still was miles ahead, so what's not to understand Susan. Her win was obvious and everybody knew that.
Just be happy.



You are definitely miles ahead in being a maniac and insulting those who differ from your propaganda. If only you would understand things with objectivity for once.
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby The.Apprentice » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:58 pm

life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..


Started with the name calling already? Words like "untouchable" are nice fantasies to create this post-truth illusion about Catriona by the crazy Filipino fans.
She was very touchable, notwithstanding how accomplished she is. She became "untouchable" only after Tamaryn fell short in the final answer. So there goes your few minutes of "untouchability". But you come around in your last sentence, which says it all. Just rejoice in the fact that she won but give credit where it's due to Tamryn and Miss Vietnam. It's like being greedy for more even after having a seven course meal.


oops I hurt feeling already...
Again, they gave their all, it was great watching them but she still was miles ahead, so what's not to understand Susan. Her win was obvious and everybody knew that.
Just be happy.



You are definitely miles ahead in being a maniac and insulting those who differ from your propaganda. If only you would understand things with objectivity for once.


What insults are you referring to exactly? I'm just saying A LOT of people expected her win, it was obvious for many people. I get it you didn't think so and that's fine. You started some drama by saying "only Filipinos say this" and "absolutely not".
So I kindly reminded you that not only Filipinos say this and yes, for the most part it was a forgone conclusion. No reason to be butthurt about it.
User avatar
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Marseilles.
Country: France (fr)
Reputation: 1163
Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby darthvader » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:16 pm

I am a Filipino, but I wouldn't dare to say that Catriona was unstoppable in finals.

Opening statement: South Africa (close 2nd would be Catriona)
Swimsuit Round: Vietnam (Catriona for me would rank 4th in this round behind SA and Venezuela)
EG: Philippines (Had SA not tripped in her gown, she would easily win this round)
1st QA: South Africa
At this point, back to back was within reach for South Africa until that final QA where Catriona managed to pull off the better answer. From there, her confidence soared, you can feel it in the final look that she knew she won.

2018 was a tough battle for Catriona contrary to what most Pinoys claim.
___________

I also agree that Stefania does not deserve that back to back win.

I disagree that Iris was a sure winner. She was a dark horse. 2016 before the finals was all about Thailand-Venezuela-Colombia

2017 was not also an easy win for Demi. Thailand was favored tp win that year. But Demi's communication skills made her win. Her answers were impeccable.

I think if we have a "sure win" victory, that would be in 2014. Paulina is just too strong for a very weak batch. No one came close to her that edition.
darthvader
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am
Location: laguna
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 312
Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: books, movies, tv
Message: be proactive

  • 2

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby TheEye » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm

The race would've been tight if Cat and Demi competed in the same year, but Philippines would've won. I only say that because Catriona's Q&A is beyond compare. She's just more charming when she speaks. Cat may not have the "perfect" body but her walk is about as good as it gets - perfection. It wasn't the whole slowmo turn for me, but more her doing her! Love Demi but Miss Universe 2018 is a whole level of greatness that will never be surpassed, ever. Sorry, just saying.

Zozi, not a chance against Cat. ...and simple, Tamaryn lost to Cat, duhhhhhh
I take no prisoners.. love me or hate me, i'm here to stay!
User avatar
TheEye
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:20 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 74
Real Life Name/Nick: Landon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Money Maker
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: money
Message: Relax, it's just an internet message board.

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby Oma-san » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm

They chose a great winner in 2016. The kind women would be proud of. All the other winners, most of them cater towards the male ideal.
Image
User avatar
Oma-san
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:43 pm
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 141
Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:59 am

So this thread is still alive and kicking. We differ in our opinions, but Catriona from the moment she stepped in Thailand was already a winner. She commanded so much attention for just a contestant.

When she had her photo with the 3 Miss Universe in the Philippines when she was still a candidate, I already knew she would win. For me, she slayed all of them in that photo.
User avatar
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 61466
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Eastern
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 29776
Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby น้องพลอยน้ะน้ะ » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Hashim wrote:Catriona was never a deserving winner. She lacked a beautiful face. Her face resembles that of a hollow Halloween pumpkin.With that said Tamaryn is highly over-rated ,and placed much higher than she should have Never got the hype around Vietnam either. She looked like a teenage boy . WTF!!!! with that short hair and her boyish kind of actions!! Vietnam ws weird and funny looking ,and should not have even placed in the top 20. Catriona would have made top 20 at the maximum, and Tamaryn should've stopped at the top 10.

The real winners of MU2018 were Canada , Venezuela and Puerto Rico.
Canada should have won Miss Universe 2018 with Venezuela as the first runner-up and Puerto Rico the second runner-up.

Catriona just placed high because of her sash. Had she been Miss Malaysia or Singapore nobody would have given her a second look.

End of Discussion!!!




The reason why you hate her because of her representing Filipina beauty. what would happen if she wears Venezuelan sash then you would have to support her? right? So Vietnam? really? She is so fierce in the final stage just like supermodel. Both girls have nailed it on the performance stage. 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

If Catriona would wear a weakness sash then she wins Miss Universe again but why? She was trained by Filipino pageantry coach trainers under Aces & Queens is famous for the Filipino beauty camp in the Philippines. :D/ :D/ :D/

Oh, I forget to tell you that jealousy is a terrible disease…Get well soon! Nobody cares what you say assholes. :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/
น้องพลอยน้ะน้ะ
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:38 am
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: -421
Real Life Name/Nick: Prong Tharawanich
Date of Birth: 04 Aug 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Human Resources
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Social Networking and Beauty Pageants
Message: ''5555''

  • 0

Re: Contrasted Endings: Why Demi-Leign & Zozi won, Tamaryn l

Postby life » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:00 pm

The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:
life wrote:"Catriona was already the winner from the moment she step foot in Thailand" - Only Filipinos say this. I have not heard this from anyone else. Of course, Cat was an absolute front runner. No denying that. But was it a forgone conclusion that she would win? Absolutely not. Not with Tamaryn and Miss Vietnam around.


A lot of people apart from Filipinos have said it, including myself where in most cases I'm very relunctant in calling a winner very early.
Vietnam and South Africa were excellent but Catriona had something else and had a larger and brighter aura.
There was no way she was not winning, most forum members knew that on Misso, the others were competing for runner-up. Her victory was not scandalous or called unfair, it was obvious and fair.


Nobody is denying the credit that Cat deserves. The problem is that you guys stretch it too far, exaggerate too much. You are just not satisfied with the fact that she won. You wanna hammer into people's heads that she was the winner from the word go, which is hard to digest.


You're a bit salty Debra. Sometimes there are obvious winners for different reasons, and Catriona was one of them. I'm not hammering anything, that was a pure fact from most of the people out there.
She was untoucheable that night and the two weeks in Thailand also. I'm very satisfied with her win, that's all I need. And I think some front-runners gave her a tough competition, it wasn't a complete landslide..


Started with the name calling already? Words like "untouchable" are nice fantasies to create this post-truth illusion about Catriona by the crazy Filipino fans.
She was very touchable, notwithstanding how accomplished she is. She became "untouchable" only after Tamaryn fell short in the final answer. So there goes your few minutes of "untouchability". But you come around in your last sentence, which says it all. Just rejoice in the fact that she won but give credit where it's due to Tamryn and Miss Vietnam. It's like being greedy for more even after having a seven course meal.


oops I hurt feeling already...
Again, they gave their all, it was great watching them but she still was miles ahead, so what's not to understand Susan. Her win was obvious and everybody knew that.
Just be happy.



You are definitely miles ahead in being a maniac and insulting those who differ from your propaganda. If only you would understand things with objectivity for once.


What insults are you referring to exactly? I'm just saying A LOT of people expected her win, it was obvious for many people. I get it you didn't think so and that's fine. You started some drama by saying "only Filipinos say this" and "absolutely not".
So I kindly reminded you that not only Filipinos say this and yes, for the most part it was a forgone conclusion. No reason to be butthurt about it.



Well a lot of people thought she was a front runner for obvious reasons. But no victory is a foregone conclusion until the final Q&A round, no matter how well prepared candidate you are. You have to fight your way to the crown. Even the best of the best candidates can fall short during the final Q&A. Remember what happened with Miriam Quiambao in 1999? So it is absolutely preposterous when people say that Catriona was the winner even before the pageant began and the contest was merely to find out who the first runner was going to be. That's ridiculous, to say the least !
life
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:02 am
Location: abc
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: -17
Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play
Message: hi. hi there. how are you

Previous

Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amigofernandojose, Asamcaumb, DaroClusa, Felipe1983, francis26, Garganesia, jsr, KseniyaRak, Lind, Majestic-12 [Bot], Roman Reigns, SurusDeecuff, Thorussoydrarse, touchedbyanangel

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology