NO NEPOTISM IN MISS UNIVERSE SISTER ACT

NO NEPOTISM IN MISS UNIVERSE SISTER ACT

Postby Sahabat_Pageant » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:22 am

No Nepotism In Miss Universe Sister Act

(Left) Rachel Ayris and Renae Ayris in Las Vegas after the Miss Universe finale and (right) the sisters pose together, with Renae wearing her Miss Australia sash.

Rachel Ayris is following in her big sister
Renae's footsteps

Miss Universe Australia Renae Ayris thinks she's more hindrance than help to her younger sister Rachel Ayris, who has made it into the Miss Universe WA top 24.

Renae Ayris placed fourth in the Miss Universe last year and now her 19-year-old sister is following suit, with the added pressure of being constantly compared to her older sibling.

"If anything, I think it might be a disadvantage because people will say she's only getting through because she's my sister," Renae Ayris said.

"But that isn't true.

"I think Rachel's a pretty strong person so she's
not going to listen to those negative things." As a first-time competitor in the Miss Universe search, Rachel Ayris said her confidence had already skyrocketed and didn't let the comparisons with her sister bother her.

"I know people do [compare us] but I don't feel the pressure from it," she said.

"I don't mind the comparisons. I just see it as something I'm just doing for myself."

Far from firing up any sibling rivalry, Ayris said her older sister, who now flies between Perth, Melbourne and Sydney for modelling jobs and appearances, had encouraged her to apply.

"Renae supported it 100 per cent, because she knows how great it is for your confidence and I was lacking confidence," she said.

"I have gotten out of it what I wanted, I'm so happy that I'm even in the state final, I've
achieved everything I wanted so, whatever happens, happens."

While she didn't believe being related to the current Miss Universe Australia gave her "anything up on the other contestants" in the judges eyes, Ayris was thankful for having seen her sister compete.

"Because I was there supporting her I'd seen how it works and that gave me a bit of an advantage," she said.

Renae Ayris said there wasn't much advice she could pass on to her younger sister because she had already attended both the state final in WA and the international final in Las Vegas as a spectator.

"She went through it all with me so she's already been through it all," she said.

"You can't really say too much it's just 'be yourself'."

But the blonde beauty did say she'd been somewhat surprised by her younger sister's participation.

"I could never imagine my sister getting up on stage, I thought she'd chicken out," Ayris said.

"I was so upset I couldn't be there, but I'm so
proud."

The Chadwick's model was driving in the Grand Prix's celebrity race when her younger sister made the top 24, but was quick to pass on her congratulations.

"My mum told Renae straight away and she said 'Congratulations, I'm so proud' and 'You deserve it'," the 19-year-old said.

Ayris, who's taken a year's break from studying primary teaching, said she was looking forward to her sister returning home to Perth and seeing her in the state final, where the top 24 will be reduced to six national finalists.

"She is my best friend, we do absolutely
everything together," she said.

"Our social life is constantly together. At home
she's my sister but when we're out she's just
another one of my friends.

"The state final is on April 5, I went and
watched Renae in it last year so I'm really
excited to be in it this year."

Source: WAToday

SLOWLY BUT SURE
Sahabat_Pageant
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Punya si Lucky
Date of Birth: 17 Apr 2010
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: A Hard Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Browsing Internet
Message: Keep Calm And Love Indonesia. Twitter: @Sahabat_Pageant

Re: NO NEPOTISM IN MISS UNIVERSE SISTER ACT

Postby jczevahc » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am

OMG! they looked so much alike. @-)
jczevahc
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.