Miss Universe is not the same anymore.

Re: Miss Universe is not the same anymore.

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:18 am

Nikkiii wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:.

We can all agree by simply looking at the current roster of winners living in the Trump Tower: Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA, and then conclude how terribly DIVERSE they are... 8-> ;/))

You are right, it was totally DIVERSE when we had all white women as winners in decades...

It is really disappointing to see a PAGEANT EXPERT who has no idea of what she is talking about. This is a HUGE let down!

What do you mean by all white women as winners in decades? Leila Lopes is white? 1999's Mpule Kwelagobe is white? 1998's Wendy Fitzwilliam is white?
Oh, and what about the black-to-black Miss USA victories of Rachel Smith and Crystle Stewart, in 2007 to 2008?
What about the 2002 Miss USA edition where we had FOUR black women in the Top 5, and the winner was Shauntay Hinton who was also black?
In case you forgot, when Shauntay was crowned as Miss USA 2002, the girl who gave her the sash and flower was the reigning Miss Teen USA 2001, Jillian Dornbush who was also black! And move just a couple of years earlier, we also had a curly haired black stunner who was crowned Miss Teen USA 1999, Ashley Coleman.

Miss USA 2003 was a Latina with curly hair!!!

Oh... in case you also forgot... Chelsi Smith, who was crowned Miss USA in 1995 and later on won as the first black American Miss Universe!!! In fact, in 1993, the reigning Miss USA winner was also black, in the person of Kenya Moore!!! In 1991, New Hampshire's Janelle Bishop was crowned Miss Teen USA and boy oh boy, was she white?

You certainly have NO idea of how diverse the winners of Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA during the early years because you probably could not even read the alphabets during those times. In fact, in 1985 (just barely two years since its inception), an Asian-looking girl who represented Hawaii won as Miss Teen USA and that was the first Miss Teen USA edition that I saw on TV! Speaking of Hawaii, move that forward to 1997 when a Hawaiian Miss USA won the title of Miss Universe in Miami, Florida.

If you mean the decades of the 1950s to 1970s, then you must be certainly out of your mind, because during those years, there has been a huge diversity in the winners of Miss Universe! Arabs, Asians, Mulattos, Blondes, and even a Jew were able to win the Miss Universe title. Miss Universe 1977 was also black, despite the fact that very few women of color were participating in the pageant during those times (due to visa and economic reasons, and also the fact that many African countries had not gained their independence yet)...

My advice is......... READ YOUR HISTORY FIRST before you argue with me. :)>-

XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Swimming

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:15 am

Let me throw my two cents into this argument. No one asked for it, but here it is. I still feel like I have not gotten everything that I wanted to say out of my chest for fear that I would be witch hunted on this forum (don't lie to me and tell me that it doesn't) I am one of those people that 100% hated this year's Miss Universe cause it encompasses everything that I have been complaining about since I joined this forum. That the Miss Universe Organization under the reigns of IMG have been nothing but an absolute shit show.

First of all I would like to remind everyone that EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion (however hateful or untrue or flat out offensive it is) and I would respect your opinion if you respect mine. We can agree to disagree and move on. I am going to take some snippets from the OG post cause I do agree and disagree on some of the things that were written.

Miss Universe is not the same anymore.

I think everyone can agree to this. It is not the same anymore. Now whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, that's for you to decide.

Year by year, since the end of Donald Trump era on Miss Universe, nothing is totally predictable anymore. It was so easy that time to rank a Top 15, 10, 5 and the winner. We knew what was expected to happen.

IMG changed it just like the world changed since 2010 when I first came to this forum.

Yes and no. Is it as predictable as the Trump era? I don't know cause I wasn't as into the pageant world as I am today, but the IMG era can be predictable as well. What makes it unpredictable is the continental system (which is an unfair system) as well as how the preliminary interview is now more "important" I should say, than it was in the Trump era. I don't know the exact percentages on that (maybe 50/25/25)

For an exemple. I remember in 2010, Miss Brazil Debora Lyra was shamed and excluded for her "chubby" body. That girl was one of the most prepared girls for the crown that year and everything everyone could say about her was her body. I was one of those people. Beauty standard for the winners: skinny, tall and latina.

Latinas were not the majority winners because they were the most prepared girls. No. They won because that's what they were looking for. They were all the same. They all looked the same.

Ooooof now like I said people have the right to their opinion but...some people (not me because frankly I don't care) might view this comment as a little racist if you ask me. Imagine saying that all Asians look the same. Imagine saying that all Africans look the same. I could go on and on about this, but long story short, no they are not the same.

The bomb exploded in 2011. Leila Lopes, an Angolan black woman won. "How this happened? She is not even that pretty". Leila was one of the most hated winners in this decade. For the people who watched the show that night: can't you really understand why she won? Leila is the image you can see in the mirror and recognize your beauty and your naturality. She is the perfect model for the young little black girl who fights every single day against the racism and the society that keeps putting in her mind she is not beautiful because of her hair and skin color. Leila was beautiful, Leila was smart and Leila represented a whole community. She did that in a year that anorexic Alyssa Campanella was one of the biggest favorites to get the crown. That was not what they were looking for, for the first time in years.

Why are you praising Leila, while calling Alyssa anorexic at the same time? Uhhhh again you can say what you want to say but....some people call that body shaming. Also I remember being in shock when I found out that Leila won, I didn't watch the 2011 version at that time, but I was shocked not because she was black, but because Angola was never a powerhouse country in Miss Universe. But I understood why she won when I googled her, cause let me tell you something, Leila is a stunner and is one of the most beautiful queens of all time (in my opinion)

In 2012 Olivia Culpo was crowed and even having one of the most catching speeches of that year, everything people could say about her was "she is only 1.66m". I can't understand why and how is tall height directly associated to the ideal beauty in the worldwide women's height average 1.61,5m. The most bizarre part is that, at same time tall women are constantly bullied for their image and height, they are also the role model for the most beautiful woman in the universe. Olivia is not short, Olivia is just like a common woman is. Is she less pretty, less smart and less deserving for that?

2013 and 2014 forgettable years, they just made the same old mistakes.

I think the reason why Olivia won was because of her personality, just like how Brooke won in 1997. So I do agree with you that it was refreshing, but then again putting down the winners of 2013 and 2014 as if they don't matter cause they went back to the same thing. Gabriela was known for being one of the Miss Universes that did a lot of charity work during her reign (way more than the IMG winners combined, but that's not their fault, that's IMG's fault) and Paulina is known as one of the sweetest, most beautiful winners of the Trump era.

The fateful Miss Universe 2015 came to save the contest again. Despite the bizarre event Steve starred during the crowing moment, Pia was the hope and the mark for when Miss Universe really changed. The most hated candidate that year was crowned. The attacks before and after her crowing were insane. Pia was the most confident and well speecher that night. She delivered the beauty, the performance and specially the message. This point made us come to what we are now on Miss Universe.

2015 was one of the WORST years for the IMG era (although 2019 takes the cake) But I think she was hated because of that bizarre event, not because she wasn't deserving of the crown or because she was less beautiful than the other girls. I would be pissed if they called the wrong winner too, but that goes to show you that it is more of IMG and Steve Harvey's fault than Pia. If you want my opinion, I think that her styling was her biggest downfall and if we are talking overall performance, then Colombia should have won. But like I said this is just my opinion and I am not bashing Pia for saying this.

In 2016 canadian Siera Bearchell was shamed for her body. Remember I told you what happened in 2010 with Miss Brazil? This time and for the first time, body was not a problem for the jugdes. It was almost unbelievable to us to see she got into Top 9 that night. We would never expect it to happen in Miss Universe, but it happened and was just amazing. In fact Siera was really not even close to be fat, but a common, real and beautiful body represented what women really are. Our bodies are not always skinny, our bodies are not always toned, our bodies have cellulite, stretch marks, our belly are not "negative". She is the real woman and she represents the real beauty! We are beautiful no matter our body and I was shocked Miss Universe finally put this discussion in the contest. The message was silent but so loud at same time. She got her place and made the whole world eat it. Beauty is there. Same year, we had another brilliant woman getting the title.

I never had a problem with Siera, in fact I liked her from the start, cause she did have a body that was different from the other girls. It was different but, in my opinion, still suitable for a beauty pageant. Although saying that she represents the "real beauty" is a little bit dramatic in my opinion, cause there are skinny women out there too. (take a drink every time I say "in my opinion")

The format changed in 2017 and at first time I hated it, but now, I see how important it was for the contest. Remember when the semifinalists were majoritary latinas? How many times we saw a contest that don't have any girl from Africa, Asia or Europe classificated for Top 20/15? For now, it doesn't matter where are you from, everyone has a chance to represent and get attention where they didn't see before. Gana and Sri Lanka getting their spots and South Africa winning were a total mark. Sash factor is not there anymore. The speech is more and more stronger and this is what they are looking for now.

But sash factor is still there. THERE ARE AWARDING POSITIONS BASED ON WHAT CONTINENT THEY ARE ON!!!! Forget merit, forget the best girl gets the spot. No let's award the spot to a European girl cause she's from Europe. Do you not understand how unfair that sounds? If you outperform the other girls, it doesn't matter what country you are on, you're going to the Top 15. And even with the continental system, most of the girls who got there based on this system (Sri Lanka for example) didn't even make it to the Top 10. If all of the girls from the Top 15 are from the Americas then so be it, cause they were the best, they outperformed everyone else and they earned that spot. Girls like Botswana and Angola who's sash factor was slim to none, still managed to beat the other girls without having the continental system. Not all winners are Latina.

2018 the first transgender woman was there. Stunning and historic. The inclusion and the support Miss Universe gave is just the update they needed to make the event reflect what is the society these days. It's crazy to think the rules applied in 1952 should keep going now. The world changed as well as Miss Universe. It's not about a historical repair, but it is about embrace the reality and every single kind of woman.

Uhhhhh well we are getting into some political territory now are we? First things first let me remind everyone that it was during the Trump era where they finally decided to let transgenders compete in Miss Universe. Now whether or not the national directors were letting transgenders compete in their respective countries is another story. I 100% disagree with this because at the end of the day you are letting a man compete in a women's beauty pageant. Doesn't matter how many surgeries you've had, you are still born a biological male, and that makes you a male (call me transphobic all you like, but at the end of the day, you cannot argue with basic biology) I for one would be pissed if a transgender woman won a women's beauty pageant. So much for empowering women, am I right? I feel bad for all of those other girls that competed in Miss Spain. A lot of feminists complain about how they've been oppressed by the patriarchy and yet here is a man winning a women's pageant and people are celebrating. I would never understand that logic. Also there are transgender beauty pageants out there. It's not like there aren't any.

I can't believe there is still people that don't understand Miss Universe changed. After seeing the contest last night, it was proved, once again, that this is it! Miss Universe is not looking for models anymore, they are looking for women that can make the difference.

Oh so the winners before the IMG era never made a difference???? You know you can be a model and still make a difference. Also why are you expecting for Miss Universe, a beauty pageant, to make a difference? They are not the Make a Wish Foundation. At the end of the day it is a BEAUTY PAGEANT, not Public Speaker of the Year, not a debate, a BEAUTY pageant.

It's not about who is the prettiest anymore. Your body, your catwalk and your evening gown are not more important than your brain. To win the crown you need to be who you are. It was amazing to see the judges panel 100% composed by women. We are judge by men our whole life, hearing how we should look, how we should act, what we should talk and what we are able to talk. Only women know how women are treated and how the world is cruel for us.

Ah yes let's preach about diversity while at the same time have an all women's panel. Cause a man can't see a women for who they really are and not for their bodies. Cause women are more understanding towards other women, even though we secretly judge each other and put other women down. That's is one of the most hypocritical things I have ever heard of. People need to understand that in a beauty pageant you are being judged based on your looks, cause IT'S A BEAUTY PAGEANT!!!!

Having their voices hearded and not being underrated or seen as a joke was probably the best part of the night for those women. Remember when beauty queens were known as dumb girls asking for world peace? Being a beuty queen now is having the intelligence and the power to make the world listen to you. That's what we saw yesterday. South Africa, Puerto Rico, Mexico, USA, and all the other girls represented the best of women empowerment. That's the message women in the whole world need to hear. Miss Universe now is a title to represent the beauty of being a woman, and not the beauty of one woman.

THIS ISN'T THE 1950!!!! You can be a woman and be treated like a person in this day and age. You are talking as if we are some dainty little housewives who need to be suppressed in the house while the husband does the dirty work. As if we are still living in those olden days where women weren't allowed to vote. Maybe you heard all of these messages about women empowerment, when all I heard were women playing the victim card. Especially with Colombia and South Africa. That's the one thing I did not like about Zozibini. All she ever talked about was how oppressed she was and playing the race card. Why is it that she is allowed to do that? Because in the past they were actually oppressed? Well that was in the past, and this is the present. She should be lucky that she didn't have to live in the days where black women were slaves and treated as property. My brother said it best when he heard her speech "You live in one of, if not the most modern country in Africa. What do you know about being oppressed?" And one person said it on this forum when they said that it is now white people who are being persecuted in South Africa. I am sick and tired of hearing the same old sob story about how women and minorities are still being discriminated against when it is not the case. Minorities have way more opportunities now than they did in the past. So don't come at me with that BS cause I am not buying it.

Otherwise there are still things I don't agree with this new format. The first cut from Top 20 to Top 10 totally based on their speechs is not fully fair when you think they expect you to be a good english speecher. Of course they give you the option to talk in your own language and ask for a translator, but we all know how "bad" it is seen for the girl who chooses for it. Learning a new language can be really hard, it take years to feel confident and good enough to express exactly what you want and mean in your native language. Giving a "dumb" and "predictable" answer in english doesn't mean you are not brilliant to defend a cause. The whole contest was made now to english speechers. It is a total uncomfortable zone for non english speechers getting tested against native english speechers.

I do agree with this. Either you make everyone have to answer in English (English is one of the most common languages in the world and you need to know at least some of it cause you are going to be living in New York for a whole year and going to interviews where you have to speak English) or have better translators. Have the delegates bring their own translators for once. Iris got lucky, cause her translator completely BUTCHERED her answer and she still managed to win. Donald Trump could do it, so why can't IMG?

Anyway, the conclusion I want to make is that yes, this is not the Miss Universe we were used to in the beginning of the decade. This is the Miss Universe we always deserved. As a woman and as a beauty contest fan, I am so proud of what I am seeing now. The future now is the present and this is what we are living! Thank God for letting women being who they are and getting millions of applause for that.

We don't need a skinny body to be Miss Universe.
We don't need a tall body to be Miss Universe.
We don't need a long hair to be Miss Universe.
We don't need to be white to be Miss Universe.
We only need ourselves to be Miss Universe.

Well as a woman and as a beauty pageant fanatic, I am not proud of what I am seeing now. I feel as if we are going backwards, throwing everything that we have learn from our past so that we can cater to this "diverse" way of doing things, which at the end of the day it is not diverse at all. Let's look at the winners of the IMG era.

2015: Philippines
2016: France
2017: South Africa
2018: Philippines
2019: South Africa

And now let's look at the winners of the first 5 years of Trump's era

1996: Venezuela
1997: USA
1998: Trinidad and Tobago
1999: Botswana
2000: India

Now you tell me, which one has the most diverse group of winners? And they say that sash factor doesn't matter in the IMG era. =;))

I am sorry for the long post, but I needed to get this out of my chest. I think Zozibini's win is a huge example on why IMG needs to sell the MUO franchise. Her win is being used to catapult this momentous historic first of having all winners of the Miss Universe franchise be black. People are seeing them for their skin color and not for who they are (And before people start posting that I am doing the same thing, I am not. I am judging them on their beauty and on what they have said during the competition, which is what you should do because...say it with me...IT'S A BEAUTY PAGEANT) I don't have anything against them. As they say don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't hate them, I hate IMG for what they have done to MUO.

Anyways it is 1am and I am tired as hell. If you agree or disagree (and a lot of people are going to disagree, especially about the transgender issue) then don't be afraid to comment (like I was) Just try not to quote the entire post. It is a long scroll lol.
THE QUIÑONES ERA

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Postby Tricoven » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Jim_From_Boston wrote:I have to disagree that these changes are for the better. It used to be about beauty, but it’s since devolved I to a leftist political propaganda machine pushed by liberal feminazis who hate women who are actually attractive. Miss Universe used to be considered the most beautiful woman in the world. That’s a complete joke at this point. The winners are so indoctrinated into the PC culture that they’re competing to virtue signal. Take PR for example. She boasted about having a biracial background? She’s as white as the arctic snow for crying out loud, and quite frankly no one could tell that she’s part Puerto Rican. By all accounts she’s an American citizen born and bred in Florida. I can’t imagine she truly faced any discrimination in her life.

By the way please spare me the part where you mount onto a soapbox and chastise me for being politically incorrect. There’s nothing wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman, and quite frankly the MUO doesn’t reward traditional beauty. Most straight men wouldn’t go for the current Miss Universe, and that’s just the plain old truth. The MUO should stop restricting the judging to only women. I thought they were supposedly trying to promote equality. Instead they’re on board with bashing anything of interest to straight men, and that’s a true shame.

You’re exactly the prototype of what you’re preaching.

It’s quite ironic you would whine about feminazi agenda in a BEAUTY PAGEANT forum.

Your way of thinking is so laughable, because if you’re gay and think like this, I feel so embarrassed for you. Because that side of the fence you’re leaning on thinks of you as less than an animal. It’s funny how you’re so hungry for the approval of a privileged group of people that badly wants to be persecuted and are all willfully ignorant.

Be salty elsewhere. We know you like them white.

And no straight man would be interested in a fucking beauty pageant. Wake up!
Tricoven
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Apr 1983
Profession: Human
Hobbies/Interests: Singing

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Picking a black winner just to “make history with black beauty titleholders for pageants this year“ is being PC going out of control. SA is not even remotely pretty.

And now we’re finding out Zozibini’s a liar, too. Combine that with the carpetbagging the fake Puerto Rican representative had been engaging in, and the non-diplomatic, judgmental sweeping generalization Miss Mexico has put out on social media during the prelims about US and Russian citizens? Wow. THIS is the type of queendom IMG is going for now??? =O/ =O/ =O/
LovelyClapperCountry

Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Tricoven wrote:
Jim_From_Boston wrote:I have to disagree that these changes are for the better. It used to be about beauty, but it’s since devolved I to a leftist political propaganda machine pushed by liberal feminazis who hate women who are actually attractive. Miss Universe used to be considered the most beautiful woman in the world. That’s a complete joke at this point. The winners are so indoctrinated into the PC culture that they’re competing to virtue signal. Take PR for example. She boasted about having a biracial background? She’s as white as the arctic snow for crying out loud, and quite frankly no one could tell that she’s part Puerto Rican. By all accounts she’s an American citizen born and bred in Florida. I can’t imagine she truly faced any discrimination in her life.

By the way please spare me the part where you mount onto a soapbox and chastise me for being politically incorrect. There’s nothing wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman, and quite frankly the MUO doesn’t reward traditional beauty. Most straight men wouldn’t go for the current Miss Universe, and that’s just the plain old truth. The MUO should stop restricting the judging to only women. I thought they were supposedly trying to promote equality. Instead they’re on board with bashing anything of interest to straight men, and that’s a true shame.

You’re exactly the prototype of what you’re preaching.

It’s quite ironic you would whine about feminazi agenda in a BEAUTY PAGEANT forum.

Your way of thinking is so laughable, because if you’re gay and think like this, I feel so embarrassed for you. Because that side of the fence you’re leaning on thinks of you as less than an animal. It’s funny how you’re so hungry for the approval of a privileged group of people that badly wants to be persecuted and are all willfully ignorant.

Be salty elsewhere. We know you like them white.

And no straight man would be interested in a fucking beauty pageant. Wake up!

Wow sweetheart, you sure seem to think you know me; or at the very least know how I am support think. Just because I’m gay asshole doesn’t mean that I need to follow anyone else’s opinion. If that’s how you roll then good for you. I think for myself and have my own opinion. If you have a problem with that then move along and cry into your safe space.

As for your comment about me being a racist, you’re an absolute idiot. Just because I don’t find this particular Miss Universe attractive doesn’t make me a racist. Indeed, I’ve often said that Miss Universe 1998 and 2011 were among the most beautiful winners of all time. I don’t consider skin color douchebag, so watch your accusations or I will not hesitate to report you to the moderators. Blasting someone as a racist is a serious accusation for which you shouldn’t be throwing around lightly. You should be ashamed of yourself.

As for your other ludicrous comments, just have a seat. You obviously have issues. Don’t come after me again bitch.
Jim_From_Boston
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby Malcanthet » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:21 pm

JamesCedricLim wrote:

May point...

I hate it when they are playing victim and accusing "all" that they are being treated as "Second Class" citizens where in fact they are not....What black people have experienced have also experienced by white people...They are having self pity that they are not accepted by the society. common...

In regards to Fake News, look that this headlines from NBC news in regards to Miss Universe:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1102061

Anybody who doesn't know that must be brain dead. Which is pretty much the mainstream media.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Malcanthet wrote:
JamesCedricLim wrote:

May point...

I hate it when they are playing victim and accusing "all" that they are being treated as "Second Class" citizens where in fact they are not....What black people have experienced have also experienced by white people...They are having self pity that they are not accepted by the society. common...

In regards to Fake News, look that this headlines from NBC news in regards to Miss Universe:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1102061

Anybody who doesn't know that must be brain dead. Which is pretty much the mainstream media.

What people have said about Zozibini is nothing compared to what Madison went through. Zozibini wasn't booed for asking the judge to repeat the question. Zozibini didn't receive hate because she's too "white" to represent PR in Miss Universe. The hypocrisy is real and this article shows it. They only briefly mentioned what Madison went through while depicting Puerto Ricans as racist towards Zozibini. No PR wasn't racist towards her, they were racist towards Madison. But Madison proved to us Boricuas que ser Boricua se lleva en la sangre and now the people of Puerto Rico love her. She proved them wrong, and unlike Zozibini, she didn't use the "victim card" to her advantage, when she easily could have. White people experience racism too. Racism is universal and anyone can be on either side of it. This article is just an example of how the mainstream media is turning into a dumpster fire (more than it already is)
THE QUIÑONES ERA

TheGenuineBeauty

Postby Malcanthet » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:00 am

Puerto Ricans shouldn’t be calling anybody being too white when their first Miss Universe winner is a REDHEAD.
Malcanthet

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 am

Sorry, but it really doesn’t help IMG and every unenlightened feminist’s case that Miss South Africa is ugly. Even if she were dethroned, the runner-up that would take her spot wouldn’t deviate from the facially-challenged description as well. What a bleak sight for this once-revered pageant...
Lafeadamadelaindia
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Postby Bonggacious_Miguel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Malcanthet wrote:Puerto Ricans shouldn’t be calling anybody being too white when their first Miss Universe winner is a REDHEAD.

Many hypocrites there as well.
Bonggacious_Miguel

Real Life Name/Nick: Migby
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Bonggacious_Miguel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:28 pm

LovelyClapperCountry wrote:Picking a black winner just to “make history with black beauty titleholders for pageants this year“ is being PC going out of control. SA is not even remotely pretty.

And now we’re finding out Zozibini’s a liar, too. Combine that with the carpetbagging the fake Puerto Rican representative had been engaging in, and the non-diplomatic, judgmental sweeping generalization Miss Mexico has put out on social media during the prelims about US and Russian citizens? Wow. THIS is the type of queendom IMG is going for now??? =O/ =O/ =O/

After making such a big deal of her hair and her claimed refusal to succumb to the “pressure” of using weaves and wigs, pics of Zozibini wearing them, as recent as her Miss South Africa candidate days, are now surfacing.

What a hypocrite.
Bonggacious_Miguel

Real Life Name/Nick: Migby
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby The Duchess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:08 am

I am going to save us all a lengthy reply because honestly it is not only too soon, but also pretty useless. Your opinion won't change by my words but I will leave you with the following while I write my review.

1) Miss Universe changed, you are very right and last week solidified that notion. And not for the better.

2) IMG is extremely predictible if you know enough of pageantry, business, US society, political climate and a little bit of showbussiness. Pia, Iris, Demi and Catriona were not unexpected winners. Zuzobini was one of the most predicted wins since the moment things started brewing, did everyone say "She should win"? Not necessarily, did the mayority said "She'll probably win"? Yeah. The only unpredictable placers come from the stupid continental system that is made to benefit only the few, and its usually one or two regions that are all over the damn place.

3) It is extremely disrespectful to go around talking about how all latinas look the same in Miss Universe when you couldn't be further from the truth and when if you change the first part of that sentence to another group you would be called a racist. Girl, take several seats.

4) You do NOT lift a woman up by tearing another one down, that is misogynistic in itself. You are literally every single bully in my life that would call me names and poke fun at my weight just because I am underweight, you are literally every single person that mocks a woman who is fat. A person who speaks the way you do about a skinny woman is no better than those who make fun of fat people. You are shaming just the same. You do not praise the achievements of one girl while disregarding the achievement of another, 2014 had one of the most fantastic Top 10.

5) You completely disregard the achievements of minorities in the Miss Universe and Miss USA stage, specially black woman.

6) IMG did not freaking originated transgender participation in Miss Universe, you serious? =;))

7) What you want is affirmative action in the form of pageantry, you don't want the top scores no. You want a continental system made to benefit one region over the others and makes it even more competitive for latinas because "they are always there". Sorry for Latinas performing on the stage and interviews, how dare they?

The worst part of this is that you actually think IMG does this because they mean it and not because they want to appease the American public and non pageant fans, this year was a fucking shitshow 90% and noone who has seen more than the IMG era can defend it.

Now, I can leave again.
|Miss U 2019 First List|
[url]missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759981[/url]
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby BeautyBeach » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:18 am

what's the point of crying over spilled milk? muo/img is changing the pageant system, whether we like it or not, so now we can only play the game by their rules, if any country want to do well, send a delegate with non-standard beauty, like short hair black woman from south africa, edgy and fashion forward like france, australian born but took the crown of muslim country like indonesia, and contestant with manly facial features like philippines, if send a contestant that is different from the rest, then there's a bigger short at the Top 20 next year
I'm Beach Beauty, don't confuse me with some alternick, I'm too high class for that!
BeautyBeach

Location: Forbes Park, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Most beautiful & kindest person on Missosology
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, sunbathing and being gorgeous!
Message: I LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU, I REALLY DO! PROUD TO BE FILIPINO!!

Postby GabrielTheHunk » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:29 pm

We have an ALL-BLACK roster for Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss World.

Talk about diversity and inclusivity! =;)) =;)) =;))
GabrielTheHunk

Real Life Name/Nick: Gabriel
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1990
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby Malcanthet » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 pm

All I know is none of the Black or Asian Miss Universe titleholders have EVER use the race card until NOW. Definitely a sign of our times. Vote for me because I am Black. Vote for me because you will be on the right side of history. It is a shame considering that she was the obvious runaway winner and yet she STILL needed to resort to victimhood for her win.
Malcanthet

Postby Malcanthet » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:32 pm

GabrielTheHunk wrote:We have an ALL-BLACK roster for Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss World.

Talk about diversity and inclusivity! =;)) =;)) =;))

Well, when you have an all-white circle of titleholders, you may have a blonde, redhead or brunette with brown, blue, green hazel eyes and all the shades in between.
Malcanthet

Postby lingintexas » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:32 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Nikkiii wrote:

We can all agree by simply looking at the current roster of winners living in the Trump Tower: Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA, and then conclude how terribly DIVERSE they are... 8-> ;/))

You are right, it was totally DIVERSE when we had all white women as winners in decades...

It is really disappointing to see a PAGEANT EXPERT who has no idea of what she is talking about. This is a HUGE let down!

What do you mean by all white women as winners in decades? Leila Lopes is white? 1999's Mpule Kwelagobe is white? 1998's Wendy Fitzwilliam is white?
Oh, and what about the black-to-black Miss USA victories of Rachel Smith and Crystle Stewart, in 2007 to 2008?
What about the 2002 Miss USA edition where we had FOUR black women in the Top 5, and the winner was Shauntay Hinton who was also black?
In case you forgot, when Shauntay was crowned as Miss USA 2002, the girl who gave her the sash and flower was the reigning Miss Teen USA 2001, Jillian Dornbush who was also black! And move just a couple of years earlier, we also had a curly haired black stunner who was crowned Miss Teen USA 1999, Ashley Coleman.

Oh... in case you also forgot... Chelsi Smith, who was crowned Miss USA in 1995 and later on won as the first black American Miss Universe!!! In fact, in 1993, the reigning Miss USA winner was also black, in the person of Kenya Moore!!! In 1991, New Hampshire's Janelle Bishop was crowned Miss Teen USA and boy oh boy, was she white?

You certainly have NO idea of how diverse the winners of Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA during the early years because you probably could not even read the alphabets during those times. In fact, in 1985 (just barely two years since its inception), an Asian-looking girl who represented Hawaii won as Miss Teen USA and that was the first Miss Teen USA edition that I saw on TV! Speaking of Hawaii, move that forward to 1997 when a Hawaiian Miss USA won the title of Miss Universe in Miami, Florida.

If you mean the decades of the 1950s to 1970s, then you must be certainly out of your mind, because during those years, there has been a huge diversity in the winners of Miss Universe! Arabs, Asians, Mulattos, Blondes, and even a Jew were able to win the Miss Universe title. Miss Universe 1977 was also black, despite the fact that very few women of color were participating in the pageant during those times (due to visa and economic reasons, and also the fact that many African countries had not gained their independence yet)...

You are quoting a handful of black winners versus decades of white winners a lot of whom were plain as white bread, the fact is the frequency of black winners is far and few in between versus every other race.
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby XAMURAI » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:47 am

lingintexas wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Nikkiii wrote:

You are quoting a handful of black winners versus decades of white winners a lot of whom were plain as white bread, the fact is the frequency of black winners is far and few in between versus every other race.

The statement "decades of white winners" is really skewed and borderline idiotic.

Decades? Seriously? You mean to say that for 20 consecutive years there were only white winners? Because when people say "decades" that means at least two decades, and that's a whooping 20 years!!!

Define "white" to me? Does that mean that if an Asian wins, she gets counted as someone who belongs to the "white" category? That's really pathetic! Because I would not count Akiko Kojima as belonging to the "white" race... Did it take "decades" to achieve an Asian win? NO, because it only took 8 years! It was even followed by another Asian win in 1965 and 1969. So there you are, three Asian winners in less than 17 years since the inception of Miss Universe.

You also forgot tend to forget that demographically speaking, it should be the "yellow-skinned" Asians who "should be" dominating the pageants because there are far more Asians in the world than black! Yes, even if you combine the WHOLE of Sub-Sahara Africa! But wait... Asians do not use the race card when they lose in pageants. China, which is the most populous country in the world, could not even produce a Miss Universe!

XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Swimming

Postby The Duchess » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:56 am

XAMURAI wrote:
lingintexas wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Nikkiii wrote:

The statement "decades of white winners" is really skewed and borderline idiotic.

Decades? Seriously? You mean to say that for 20 consecutive years there were only white winners? Because when people say "decades" that means at least two decades, and that's a whooping 20 years!!!

Define "white" to me? Does that mean that if an Asian wins, she gets counted as someone who belongs to the "white" category? That's really pathetic! Because I would not count Akiko Kojima as belonging to the "white" race... Did it take "decades" to achieve an Asian win? NO, because it only took 8 years! It was even followed by another Asian win in 1965 and 1969. So there you are, three Asian winners in less than 17 years since the inception of Miss Universe.

You also forgot tend to forget that demographically speaking, it should be the "yellow-skinned" Asians who "should be" dominating the pageants because there are far more Asians in the world than black! Yes, even if you combine the WHOLE of Sub-Sahara Africa! But wait... Asians do not use the race card when they lose in pageants. China, which is the most populous country in the world, could not even produce a Miss Universe!

Now wait for them to say Latinas count towards being "white", even though latinas are mix race so while some being light skinned they are not just "white". Thats what i am hating about this whole thing, IMG is trying to say "we finally aknoledge minorities" like they are the first
|Miss U 2019 First List|
[url]missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759981[/url]
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:45 pm

The Duchess wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
lingintexas wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Nikkiii wrote:

Now wait for them to say Latinas count towards being "white", even though latinas are mix race so while some being light skinned they are not just "white". Thats what i am hating about this whole thing, IMG is trying to say "we finally aknoledge minorities" like they are the first

Hmmmm let's see how many "decades" it took to break the "white" streak?

1952: Finland
1953: France
1954: USA
1955: Sweden
1956: USA
1957: Peru

Oh would you look at that? Not even a decade and a Latina wins Miss Universe. But surely after her the rest of the winners were white...

1958: Colombia
1959: Japan

Oh darn...I guess that "white" streak only existed for 5 years...in the 1950's. But wait...the 60's were full of "white" winners...Well let's see...

1960: USA
1961: Germany
1962: Argentina
1963: Brazil
1964: Greece
1965: Thailand
1966: Sweden
1967: USA
1968: Brazil
1969: Philippines

Yep...I see a lot of "white" winners, if you count Argentina, Brazil, Thailand, and Philippines as white women. Now...do I really have to keep going for you to understand that your comment of "decades of white winners" is completely flawed? Cause we all know what happens in the 70's 8-}

THE QUIÑONES ERA

TheGenuineBeauty

Postby trsppt » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:06 pm

LovelyClapperCountry wrote:Picking a black winner just to “make history with black beauty titleholders for pageants this year“ is being PC going out of control. SA is not even remotely pretty.

Pageant organizers are NOT doing the Black community any favors by deliberately staging the wins of black women who are ugly. Defeats the purpose of generating mainstream appreciation for “Black beauty.”

The only winner in this “Black Magic” debacle who can be described as good-looking is Miss Teen USA 2019. Everyone else — Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss World — is just plain UGLY. =O/
trsppt
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Tresemme
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Consultant
Hobbies/Interests: Watching beauty pageants

Postby erinarriba » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:18 pm

trsppt wrote:

Pageant organizers are NOT doing the Black community any favors by deliberately staging the wins of black women who are ugly. Defeats the purpose of generating mainstream appreciation for “Black beauty.”

The only winner in this “Black Magic” debacle who can be described as good-looking is Miss Teen USA 2019. Everyone else — Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss World — is just plain UGLY. =O/

Indeed. Crowning black women, even if they’re ugly, rather, especially if they’re ugly, just for the sake of making this ridiculous “historical” moment happen, is not doing anyone any favors.

Pageant fans are upset that beauty pageants have gone downhill, while the mainstream world starts thinking, “Is THIS the best that the black community can offer? Are THESE the most beautiful black women around???”

I’d be insulted, rather than honored, if I were a black woman who just witnessed this phenomenon.
erinarriba

Real Life Name/Nick: Erin
Date of Birth: 03 Sep 1979
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby SheMalesofVenezuela » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:00 pm

erinarriba wrote:
trsppt wrote:

Indeed. Crowning black women, even if they’re ugly, rather, especially if they’re ugly, just for the sake of making this ridiculous “historical” moment happen, is not doing anyone any favors.

Pageant fans are upset that beauty pageants have gone downhill, while the mainstream world starts thinking, “Is THIS the best that the black community can offer? Are THESE the most beautiful black women around???”

I’d be insulted, rather than honored, if I were a black woman who just witnessed this phenomenon.

Yes, totally agree!
SheMalesofVenezuela
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Verusko Ramirez
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1979
Profession: Tranny actress
Hobbies/Interests: Watching Venezuela's men dominate Miss Universe

Postby FutaKaNina » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:24 pm

erinarriba wrote:
trsppt wrote:

Unless you’re Lingintexas and Yellowyam1. Desperate for any crown for black women, no matter what pageant and no matter how ugly the contestant. =;))
FutaKaNina

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Profession: Dreamer
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Postby The.Apprentice » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:40 pm

the critic wrote:WE ARE IN A NEW ERA AND THE PAGEANT WORLD IS JUST A REFLECTION OF THE TIMES. I AGREE WITH YOUR ARTICLE COMPLETELY.

AMEN SISTER! SHOUT IT LOUDER FOR THE GAYS IN THE BACK OF THE AUDIENCE!

I mean, ask Victoria's Secret if branding perfectly stereotyped girls with close to zero diversity (height, weight, skin color, hair type etc...) and female empowerement worked for them this year considering the #metoo context the world has been living in for some time now. Some of you really are living under a rock, it's abyssal at this point. AND I OOP!

Being just a beauty pageant that doesn't put anything else forward does not work anymore, none of that sh!t works anymore, you've got to follow the flow and adapt to it. Miss Universe titleholders are not meant to be those goddesses of beauty that everybody wants to f*ck or admire anymore. And I can't with the "no straight male would be attracted to the current Miss Universe". Girl, almost close to zero percent of straight dudes gives a flying f*ck about pageants. Only gays care.

Don't y'all forget that it's:
1. Just a beauty pageant. I promise it won't change your life in the long run.
2. A business first and foremost. And let me simplify for the bitches in here who lack minimum business knowledge: no sponsors, no TV show, no advertisements = no money = no pageant. IMG is not stupid, MUO is not stupid. Y'all think this is the 1960's where females were pretty much only allowed to show up and shut their mouths (or require to speak up only for a generic final question). This isn't happening anymore.
3. Bold of IMG to have taken such a u-turn from Trump's era, and still remains the topic of conversation who crowned girls with substance and brains.
4. To quote Perez Hilton "thankfully Donald Trump no longer owns this pageant". If for some ignorant bitches out there that doesn't mean anything to you, then you have deeper issues to take care of other than Miss Universe. Facts are facts.

Now, not everything is perfect with the current Miss Universe format, but it's still the biggest, most relevant, most talked about pageant.
So get over your hurt feelings or quit watching (or join Global Beauties since they only cover irrelevant pageants). That simple. Y'all have some other pageants to watch like Miss.... Wait I can't name them they're so lame actually.
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby alexanderrabelle » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:22 am

Yes, this is the new Miss Universe. And it’s going down really fast. Those who’ve embraced the victim mentality and want winners with questionable characters must be very happy.
alexanderrabelle

Real Life Name/Nick: Alex
Date of Birth: 01 May 1991
Profession: Being beautiful
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Looking at the mirror

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:46 am

I mean, ask Victoria's Secret if branding perfectly stereotyped girls with close to zero diversity (height, weight, skin color, hair type etc...) and female empowerement worked for them this year considering the #metoo context the world has been living in for some time now. Some of you really are living under a rock, it's abyssal at this point. AND I OOP!

Sorry to break it to you but Victoria Secret has a diverse group of models in their roster. Just because they aren't plus size (or men) doesn't mean that they aren't inclusive. They take all races into consideration. Examples include Lais Ribeiro from Brazil, Liu Wen from China, Lameka Fox from USA, Cindy Bruna from France, Shanina Shaik who's from Australia but has Pakistani, Saudi, and Lithuanian ancestry. Also Winnie Harlow was in last year's VS fashion show. And let's not forget former models like Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell. I mean do I need to go on? Cause I've got all day. To say that VS has close to zero diversity is like saying that Miss Universe had decades of white winners 8-}

Being just a beauty pageant that doesn't put anything else forward does not work anymore, none of that sh!t works anymore, you've got to follow the flow and adapt to it. Miss Universe titleholders are not meant to be those goddesses of beauty that everybody wants to f*ck or admire anymore. And I can't with the "no straight male would be attracted to the current Miss Universe". Girl, almost close to zero percent of straight dudes gives a flying f*ck about pageants. Only gays care.

There's this beautiful thing called "balance." A girl can be beautiful and be smart as well. Just look at Demi-Leigh for example. Also no one here on this forum thinks that Miss Universe is only a pretty girl meant to make straight men's pee pee's hard. A supermodel can be a role model to women as well. That's what people don't understand. Just because you walk the VS runway, doesn't mean that you are a dumb dumb who only cares about looking pretty. Also I feel bad to all of the previous winners before the IMG era, cause apparently y'all don't matter (unless you're Leila, Wendy, Janelle, Mpule, or Chelsi) This year there were many gorgeous women who not only were physically attractive but also smart in their own way. Now this is just my opinion but I think that this year IMG decided to choose a winner based on their political agenda and skin color, not on overall performance. Also shout out to the straight males who watch beauty pageants, I know you're out there.

2. A business first and foremost. And let me simplify for the bitches in here who lack minimum business knowledge: no sponsors, no TV show, no advertisements = no money = no pageant. IMG is not stupid, MUO is not stupid. Y'all think this is the 1960's where females were pretty much only allowed to show up and shut their mouths (or require to speak up only for a generic final question). This isn't happening anymore.
3. Bold of IMG to have taken such a u-turn from Trump's era, and still remains the topic of conversation who crowned girls with substance and brains.
4. To quote Perez Hilton "thankfully Donald Trump no longer owns this pageant". If for some ignorant bitches out there that doesn't mean anything to you, then you have deeper issues to take care of other than Miss Universe. Facts are facts.

1. Damn, then I guess we all should just pack up our bags and shut down this forum, since it obviously doesn't matter.
2. Ah yes, tell me, where was Catriona during her reign? Besides doing the bare minimum of course, because even though IMG's girls are relatable and have substance and brains, they still gotta give us those Chi hair tutorials. BTW how are they going to promote their flat irons and curling irons on the current Miss Universe? Cause Chi is one of their main sponsors. Also people seem to completely forget that the 1970's-2000's existed because people still like to point out how women were treated back in the 50's/60's.
3. Again, feel bad for the girls who won before IMG. Apparently you guys did not have substance.
4. Perez Hilton got mad because a contestant answered honestly that marriage should be between a man and a woman, of course he is pissed and biased against Trump. Also people like to forget that Trump is the reason why transgenders are allowed to compete at Miss Universe, but orange man bad am I right?

Now, not everything is perfect with the current Miss Universe format, but it's still the biggest, most relevant, most talked about pageant.
So get over your hurt feelings or quit watching (or join Global Beauties since they only cover irrelevant pageants). That simple. Y'all have some other pageants to watch like Miss.... Wait I can't name them they're so lame actually.

Ah yes, relevant and most talked about because they chose Zozibini to win in order to "make history" and that's why most people are talking about Miss Universe right now. Now I am not saying that they shouldn't be celebrating this achievement. I just think, if they wanted to choose a black beauty, they should have chosen Sierra Leone or Kenya, two girls from African countries (check) who are physically beautiful and have "substance" (my personal favorite is of course Sierra Leone) Also Miss World is irrelevant? Well damn Tori, I guess your win is not important. Miss Earth is irrelevant? Damn Filipinos I guess you better shut it down cause climate change is irrelevant. Also I feel bad for Venezuela for hosting MGI, twice, cause it's irrelevant (say what you want to say about it, it is still part of the Big 7) While we are at it, Missosology should just purge most of the forum and make it a Miss Universe only forum cause that's the only pageant that matters.

Long story short: I guess we'll agree to disagree.
THE QUIÑONES ERA

TheGenuineBeauty

Postby The.Apprentice » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:47 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

Sorry to break it to you but Victoria Secret has a diverse group of models in their roster. Just because they aren't plus size (or men) doesn't mean that they aren't inclusive. They take all races into consideration. Examples include Lais Ribeiro from Brazil, Liu Wen from China, Lameka Fox from USA, Cindy Bruna from France, Shanina Shaik who's from Australia but has Pakistani, Saudi, and Lithuanian ancestry. Also Winnie Harlow was in last year's VS fashion show. And let's not forget former models like Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell. I mean do I need to go on? Cause I've got all day. To say that VS has close to zero diversity is like saying that Miss Universe had decades of white winners 8-}

There's this beautiful thing called "balance." A girl can be beautiful and be smart as well. Just look at Demi-Leigh for example. Also no one here on this forum thinks that Miss Universe is only a pretty girl meant to make straight men's pee pee's hard. A supermodel can be a role model to women as well. That's what people don't understand. Just because you walk the VS runway, doesn't mean that you are a dumb dumb who only cares about looking pretty. Also I feel bad to all of the previous winners before the IMG era, cause apparently y'all don't matter (unless you're Leila, Wendy, Janelle, Mpule, or Chelsi) This year there were many gorgeous women who not only were physically attractive but also smart in their own way. Now this is just my opinion but I think that this year IMG decided to choose a winner based on their political agenda and skin color, not on overall performance. Also shout out to the straight males who watch beauty pageants, I know you're out there.

1. Damn, then I guess we all should just pack up our bags and shut down this forum, since it obviously doesn't matter.
2. Ah yes, tell me, where was Catriona during her reign? Besides doing the bare minimum of course, because even though IMG's girls are relatable and have substance and brains, they still gotta give us those Chi hair tutorials. BTW how are they going to promote their flat irons and curling irons on the current Miss Universe? Cause Chi is one of their main sponsors. Also people seem to completely forget that the 1970's-2000's existed because people still like to point out how women were treated back in the 50's/60's.
3. Again, feel bad for the girls who won before IMG. Apparently you guys did not have substance.
4. Perez Hilton got mad because a contestant answered honestly that marriage should be between a man and a woman, of course he is pissed and biased against Trump. Also people like to forget that Trump is the reason why transgenders are allowed to compete at Miss Universe, but orange man bad am I right?

Ah yes, relevant and most talked about because they chose Zozibini to win in order to "make history" and that's why most people are talking about Miss Universe right now. Now I am not saying that they shouldn't be celebrating this achievement. I just think, if they wanted to choose a black beauty, they should have chosen Sierra Leone or Kenya, two girls from African countries (check) who are physically beautiful and have "substance" (my personal favorite is of course Sierra Leone) Also Miss World is irrelevant? Well damn Tori, I guess your win is not important. Miss Earth is irrelevant? Damn Filipinos I guess you better shut it down cause climate change is irrelevant. Also I feel bad for Venezuela for hosting MGI, twice, cause it's irrelevant (say what you want to say about it, it is still part of the Big 7) While we are at it, Missosology should just purge most of the forum and make it a Miss Universe only forum cause that's the only pageant that matters.

Long story short: I guess we'll agree to disagree.

The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby keyss » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Yeah, we know its not the same anymore. Its a 3 hour debate about life struggles in glittery dresses.

Miss Thailand grew up privileged in Canada therefore she came off as boring and uninteresting. France went the funny route because she didn't have a sob story either. Peru was just normal and so nobody remembers her. You can't be a normal girl anymore it seems. Puerto Rico had to make up some laughable story about discrimination of her being a white girl in Florida. Soon you'll have to be a schizophrenic to even place.Or look different than 99% of your countries population like Iceland this year and Japan with Ariana. And I'm not saying those 2 girls didn't deserve placements because they did, but we can see them being "very different" helped. Lebanon should send a Jewish girl with a Rabbi father this upcoming year. LOL

In other words I'm not even excited for next year. Miss Universe is not fun anymore and there's no suspense. We all knew Demi and Cat would win because MUO made it very obvious, just like we knew a black girl would win this year to round out the ALL BLACK WINNERS CIRCLE. So either us pageant fans are getting smarter or MUO is getting dumber each passing year.
keyss

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Profession: self employed
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:21 pm

keyss wrote:Yeah, we know its not the same anymore. Its a 3 hour debate about life struggles in glittery dresses.

Exactly. One very eloquent Youtuber reviewed the pageant and said they might as well write an essay. MUO already had their own causes and advocacies and I thought the titleholder is to do just that, promote these causes. There was no need for them to bring their baggage on board, or worst, make one up because it appears having oppression in your life is now a requirement.
Malcanthet

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe