poker_man's Miss Universe 2019 Final Predictions

poker_man's Miss Universe 2019 Final Predictions

Postby poker_man » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:49 pm

poker_man's Miss Universe 2019 Predictions

I cannot really imagine the pageant lasting for only ten days. This is probably the Miss Universe edition with the least activities. I miss the days when all the girls had videos, when all their photos are readily available, it just doesn't feel like Miss Universe season. Fanatics cannot even make decent predictions now since there isn't that much updates when it comes to the girls. I don't know why IMG is being very exclusive with all the happenings during the pageant.

Last year, Thailand did an incredible job in hosting the pageant. It looked like Trump's era again in terms of the glamour. Despite criticism on this year's edition, there's no doubt that it will be a showdown between the best girls. I think there is no clear frontrunner, there are so many standouts and there's no way to predict which girl will fall short especially with how unpredictable the selection panel does their eliminations.

I only based my predictions on the preliminaries and some random official videos I have seen online. I don't know how they will pick the semifinalists this year if thee will still be regional/continental selections and wild cards. All we know is that there is a top twenty (20) and that the fan vote is back.

Here are my predictions for Miss Universe 2019. I'm fortunate to have downloaded the preliminaries before IMG made the video private.

BUBBLING UNDER

MEXICO
(Sofia Aragon)
Mexico has struggled to produce strong competitors after Ximena Navarrette won at the start of this decade. Now that the 2010s is officially ending, they have yet to produce another top notch calibre. Though Sofia has a very beautiful face, her styling seems to be a bit dated. Also, her whole packaging is still very much like that of previous Mexican delegates. She has to really stand out to ensure her spot in the semis.

BELIZE
(Destinee Arnold)
Destinee has one of the bubblest in the batch of candidates this year. She looks fresh and vibrant, there's so much positive energy in her photos. She also delivered the goods during prelims. I don't know when the last time Belize placed in the Miss Universe pageant but seeing her enter the semis wouldn't surprise me.

SIERRA LEONE
(Marie Esther Bangura)
Majority of Africa doesn't really pay too much attention on pageantry which explains why there isn't that much hype on girls from this region. However, from time to time, there are delegates who step up and get some attention. I think Marie Esther stands out, she was very engaging during the prelims and she seems to want it more than the other girls in her region.

SPAIN
(Natalie Ortega)
After the huge buzz on last year's first transgender candidate in Miss Universe, Spain returns with a strong natural-born female competitor. Natalie was impressive at the prelims, she came prepared and she brought the right amount of energy. The blondes from Europe have done quite a remarkable job in the presentations this year.

LITHUANIA
(Paulita Baltrušaitytė)
I remember the moment I put Patricija Belousova (Miss Lithuania 2014) in my predictions list for her beauty alone but she was unplaced. Actually, Lithuania has yet to place in Miss Universe but if there's a first time for the country, Paulita could be the girl to make history. I love how she made eye contact with the audience and judges during the prelims and that made her stand out.

FINLAND
(Anni Harjunpää)
Anni reminds me so much of Olivia Jordan, Miss USA 2015, who happens to be part of the judging panel in the prelims. I love her energy, it's sad that she has a small chance of getting attention due to sash factor. European girls have definitely stepped their game up this year and Finland is part of that strong group of girls.

ARUBA
(Danna García)
Another one of those dark horses in my opinion is Danna. I wasn't really expecting so much from her until she showed up during the prelims. She was very energetic and she had a lot of sex appeal. It's been way too long since Aruba placed and Danna making it would mean a lot for her countrymen.

TOP 20

IRELAND
(Fionnghuala O'Reilly)
I'm not so sure if Fionnghuala is strong enough to penetrate the semis. I get that she has an impressive profile, but IMG snubs these things come finals night. Last year, we had a lot of smart girls who didn't crack the Top 20 in favor of model prototypes. I think she has interesting look and she performed well in the prelims so maybe they might give her a spot in the Top 20.

BELGIUM
(Angeline Flor Pua)
Interestingly, Angelina is Filipina by blood, both her parents are Filipinos who emigrated to Belgium. She has proven with her performance that she is a contender for the crown, I adored her swimsuit performance, but I was heavily disappointed with her evening gown presentation. Her presentation points (in evening gown) may pull her down but her experience as a beauty queen (having competed in Miss World) may give her an advantage during the finals.

NORWAY
(Helene Abildsnes)
Helene was very consistent in both her swimsuit and evening gown presentation and it was very evident in her performance. She had a lot of energy and she knew how to work her best angles. Not to mention, she had amazing styling as well. I think she may pull a surprise during the finals.

INDONESIA
(Frederika Alexis Cull)
Frederika is well-spoken and I think that gives her a strong edge in cracking the finals. It also helps that she knows how to work the runway. Last year, I thought Indonesia was going to fizzle out after the non-placement in 2017 but seeing how they strongly fight for placements, Indonesia might be up for a good fight this year.

SOUTH AFRICA
(Zozibini Tunzi)
It's impossible to follow the likes of Demi Leigh Nel-Peters and Tamaryn Green but Zozibini stands as her own. As much as people don't see her as a huge threat, she has proven to deliver based on her capabilities. I am impressed with her preliminary performance, and I think she may have a chance to enter the semis and continue South Africa's placement.

INDIA
(Vartika Singh)
It's been way too long since India made a huge splash in Miss Universe. Prior to the Philippines winning twice during this decade, they used to be the Asian country to have won twice in a short time period (1994 and 2000) and they have garnered impressive placements for decades. Despite being the underdog this time around, Vartika seems poised to change things for her country. I think she has ticked all the boxes for a placement this year.

BOLIVIA
(Fabiana Hurtado)
Another girl who is barely getting some love is Fabiana. She is a deadringer of former Miss Bolivia Desiree Duran (who placed in the Top 10 in 2006). Though she delivered a great performance during the prelims, I think she tried a bit to make herself look similar to last year's Sthefany Gutiérrez from Venezuela (especially during the evening gown competition).

USA
(Cheslie Kryst)
I don't think that it has to do with race but usually, African-American Miss USA delegates are not heavy favorites. I think the ones that have really set the bar high were Crystle Stewart (Miss USA 2008), Rachel Smith (Miss USA 2007), Kenya Moore (Miss USA 1993) and the late Chelsi Smith (Miss Universe 1995) who were all standouts in their respective years. Seeing Cheslie perform in the prelims reminded me of Shauntay Hilton (Miss USA 2002) who also had that same bodybuilder physique. Obviously, Shauntay was unplaced, but I doubt that Cheslie will suffer the same fate.

PERU
(Kelin Rivera)
Peru may not be as talked about as the other Latinas but she may pull a surprise come finals night. Her best features stood out in her prelim performance as she looked radiant and tall. Had she worn a stronger sash, she would have surely been more noticed by fans in social media.

SLOVAK REPUBLIC
(Laura Longauerová)
I did not expect Laura to deliver such a strong performance during the prelims. She was giving off a Latina vibe when she came out, she had that energy and she was smiling. Usually, Europeans exude a more subdued presentation in the prelims but Laura seems to have stepped out from that stereotype.

TOP 10

NETHERLANDS
(Sharon Pieksma)
Last year, I placed Rahima Dirkse from the Netherlands in my Top 20 but she was unplaced. I think I will bet again on Netherlands to place this year because Sharon reminds me of Laurianne Gillieron of Switzerland (who placed 2nd runner-up in Miss Universe 2006). Her modeling experience has definitely made her a strong contender. I love how fluid her movement is, she knows how to work the runway in the most natural sense. I can definitely see her going very far in the competition.

THAILAND
(Paweensuda Drouin)
Paweensuda is already a strong contender the moment she won. I must admit, she may not be everyone's cup of tea but she knows her strengths. However, the problem with her presentation is that she looks too confident or maybe she is overdoing some poses that it comes off as forced. I'm sure she'll definitely be up there again in the semifinals.

CHILE
(Geraldine González)
One of the girls who caught my eye immediately is Geraldine. She really exudes the right amount of confidence. Considering how she is one of the youngest girls in the pageant, I don't know how she effortlessly carries herself so well. Her beauty is very refreshing, she has that ex-factor the moment she steps on stage. I am sure that this girl is one of the candidates to watch out for during the finals.

VIETNAM
(Hoàng Thùy)
Succeeding H'Hen Niê as a titleholder for Vietnam is definitely a huge challenge but Hoàng proves to continue the streak for their country. She has so much experience in the modeling industry and she knows what to expect and bring to the table. Back in the day, no one paid attention to Vietnamese delegates but now, times have changed and they are slowly getting used to what it's like to be up in the running of becoming Miss Universe. Hoàng delivered a solid presentation that will surely pay off during the finals.

ALBANIA
(Cindy Marina)
If Cindy plays her cards right, she can definitely win it all. Facially, she is the most stunning of all the candidates. If this was during Donald Trump's era, she could have easily been Miss Universe. Even with the shots she did with Fadil, she looks like a Miss Universe. However, it will not be easy for her since they are a lot of girls who are hungry for the crown. Despite having the complete package, she has to nail everything to seal the deal.

TOP 5

BRAZIL
(Julia Horta)
For many years, Brazil has been denied entry in the Top 10. They have sent a lot of top calibre girls who all fell short of landing the Top 10 despite having stellar swimsuit performances. Julia will surely shake things up come finals night, it will be shocking if she fails to at least reach the Top 5. I think she is really the strongest Brazilian delegate since Gabriela Markus, Miss Brazil 2012 (who eventually placed 4th runner-up in Miss Universe 2012).

PUERTO RICO
(Madison Anderson)
I am not so sure with how many crossover candidates have been successful in winning Miss Universe but Madison seems to have an interesting back story. She was raised in the United States and almost represented Florida in Miss USA 2019, which means that she could have been the reigning Miss USA this year had she won the state and national pageant. Obviously, she was meant to represent Puerto Rico and it certainly looks that she is very much prepared to fight.

TOP 3

PHILIPPINES
(Gazini Ganados)
As the country who has prevented two back-to-back wins, it is the Philippines' turn to once again attempt the biggest challenge of a pageant powerhouse, which is to earn that back-to-back win that Venezuela has managed to do. Gazini is definitely prepared, she has shown so much improvement after critics compared her communication skills to the reigning Miss Universe Catriona Gray. Though I am not too much of a fan of the tan she sported in the prelims, she still gave a solid performance. Obviously, her downfall is that it would be too soon for three Filipinas to win in the first five years of IMG, but if it's written in the stars that she is destined to win, she'd certainly be a deserving fifth Filipina Miss Universe winner.

COLOMBIA
(Gabriela Tafur)
As the strongest Latin American country this decade, Gabriela will surely make up for Colombia's non-placement last year. She is definitely hyped to win their third crown, and it seems that all eyes are on this beauty from the moment she was crowned in her national pageant. I think the only criticism I have on Gabriela is that she is packaged the same way most of their reps have been groomed. With all the judges on board, it is now known that she is currently judged by Miss Universe 2014 Paulina Vega who she resembles in some of her looks. As controversial as it may seem (since fans are very critical of the selection of judges and how their nationalities can affect their scoring of candidates), we'll see if this will play towards her advantage on finals night.

MISS UNIVERSE 2019
FRANCE
(Maëva Coucke)
For some weird reason, Maëva is giving off Veruska Ramirez (Miss Venezuela 1998) meets Stefania Fernandez (Miss Universe 2009) vibes, and it's definitely a good thing! She is very articulate, she exudes such a warm attitude, and is by far the fiercest contestant this year. The funny thing is she had the most embarrassing fall in the prelims, but that blunder doesn't matter. She still remains the one to beat in my list. If the Philippines can have two wins under the IMG era, so can France. Maëva is definitely bringing the goods and she might win it all on finals night.

poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Re: poker_man's Miss Universe 2019 Final Predictions

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:40 pm

W.r.t. France, I think her fall (or more importantly how she handled it) will only increase the likelihood that she’ll make the semifinal cut. She’s stunningly beautiful.

I’m rooting for Thailand. I find her stunning as well. I’m also rooting for a country that hasn’t won for a while (or at all).

That’s interesting you have Norway on your list, as I was blown away by her performances. I think she really listened to Lu Sierra’s (pardon the spelling) advice, as her presentation was awesome.
Jim_From_Boston
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby dgo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Go CHILE =c3
Geraldine Gonzalez | Miss Universe Chile 2019
dgo
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: chile

Postby poker_man » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:38 am

I'm not sure if people can see the photos I attached in my original post. Here's what it looks like for those who can't view the pics. Also, I changed some of my picks! I just had to see how these girls talk before I give my final assessment. Here's my current prediction list as of today! I will most likely stick to this until pageant night! Hope you enjoy my list!

poker_man's Miss Universe 2019 Predictions

I cannot really imagine the pageant lasting for only ten days. This is probably the Miss Universe edition with the least activities. I miss the days when all the girls had videos, when all their photos are readily available, it just doesn't feel like Miss Universe season. Fanatics cannot even make decent predictions now since there isn't that much updates when it comes to the girls. I don't know why IMG is being very exclusive with all the h
ontrunner, there are so many standouts and there's no way to predict which girl will fall short especially with how unpredictable the selection panel does their eliminations.

I only based my predictions on the preliminaries and some random official videos I have seen online. I don't know how they will pick the semifinalists this year if thee will still be regional/continental selections and wild cards. All we know is that there is a top twenty (20) and that the fan vote is back.

Here are my predictions for Miss Universe 2019. I'm fortunate to have downloaded the preliminaries before IMG made the video private.

BUBBLING UNDER

30. MALTA
(Teresa Ruglio)
I never really saw the potential in Teresa right away, especially since I found her prelims performance average. Her pasarela was passable and she didn't really give much energy on stage. However, she has a very beautiful face. The camera lovers her and she has that endearing personality. Who knows that personality may be her lucky charm to enter the semifinals.

29. BARBADOS
(Shanel Ifill)
Shanel is the definition of a Black Barbie. She looks amazing with her straight hair, no wonder why she got a brief stint in that CHI promo video. I don't even know when the last time Barbados placed but this girl is really fighting for a placement this year.

28. SPAIN
(Natalie Ortega)
After the huge buzz on last year's first transgender candidate in Miss Universe, Spain returns with a strong natural-born female competitor. Natalie was impressive at the prelims, she came prepared and she brought the right amount of energy. She exudes this sweet, conservative aura that is complemented by her overall packaging. The blondes from Europe have done quite a remarkable job in the presentations this year.

27. LITHUANIA
(Paulita Baltrušaitytė)
I remember the moment I put Patricija Belousova (Miss Lithuania 2014) in my predictions list for her beauty alone but she was unplaced. Actually, Lithuania has yet to place in Miss Universe but if there's a first time for the country, Paulita could be the girl to make history. I love how she made eye contact with the audience and judges during the prelims and that made her stand out.

26. FINLAND
(Anni Harjunpää)
Anni reminds me so much of Olivia Jordan, Miss USA 2015, who happens to be part of the judging panel in the prelims. I love her energy, it's sad that she has a small chance of getting attention due to sash factor. European girls have definitely stepped their game up this year and Finland is part of that strong group of girls.

25. ARUBA
(Danna García)
Another one of those dark horses in my opinion is Danna. I wasn't really expecting so much from her until she showed up during the prelims. She was very energetic and she had a lot of sex appeal. It's been way too long since Aruba placed and Danna making it would mean a lot for her countrymen.

24. BOLIVIA
(Fabiana Hurtado)
Another girl who is barely getting some love is Fabiana. She is a deadringer of former Miss Bolivia Desiree Duran (who placed in the Top 10 in 2006). Though she delivered a great performance during the prelims, I think she tried a bit to make herself look similar to last year's Sthefany Gutiérrez from Venezuela (especially during the evening gown competition).

23. PERU
(Kelin Rivera)
Peru may not be as talked about as the other Latinas but she may pull a surprise come finals night. Her best features stood out in her prelim performance as she looked radiant and tall. Had she worn a stronger sash, she would have surely been more noticed by fans in social media.

22. US VIRGIN ISLANDS
(Andrea Piecuch)
If Andrea represented the United States, she would have won Miss Universe. She has a very marketable face, and she has so much personality. Not to mention, she speaks a lot of languages, she can definitely command the attention internationally. Sadly, her sash is so weak, it's so hard to predict if IMG will be generous enough to include her in the semis. I wish her all the best during the finals.

21. INDIA
(Vartika Singh)
It's been way too long since India made a huge splash in Miss Universe. Prior to the Philippines winning twice during this decade, they used to be the Asian country to have won twice in a short time period (1994 and 2000) and they have garnered impressive placements for decades. Despite being the underdog this time around, Vartika seems poised to change things for her country. I think she has ticked all the boxes for a placement this year.

TOP 20

20. USA
(Cheslie Kryst)
For a hometown girl, I think Cheslie isn't really as competitive as compared to the other hometown girls who hosted the pageant. I don't think that it has to do with race but usually, African-American Miss USA delegates are also not heavy favorites. I think the rare ones that have really set the bar high were Crystle Stewart (Miss USA 2008), Rachel Smith (Miss USA 2007), Kenya Moore (Miss USA 1993) and the late Chelsi Smith (Miss Universe 1995) who were all standouts in their respective years. Seeing Cheslie perform in the prelims reminded me of Shauntay Hilton (Miss USA 2002) who also had that same bodybuilder physique. Obviously, Shauntay was unplaced, but I doubt that Cheslie will suffer the same fate.

19. NETHERLANDS
(Sharon Pieksma)
Last year, I placed Rahima Dirkse from the Netherlands in my Top 20 but she was unplaced. I think I will bet again on Netherlands to place this year because Sharon reminds me of Laurianne Gillieron of Switzerland (who placed 2nd runner-up in Miss Universe 2006). Her modeling experience has definitely made her a strong contender. I love how fluid her movement is, she knows how to work the runway in the most natural sense. I can definitely see her going very far in the competition.

18. BELGIUM
(Angeline Flor Pua)
Interestingly, Angelina is Filipina by blood, both her parents are Filipinos who emigrated to Belgium. She has proven with her performance that she is a contender for the crown, I adored her swimsuit performance, but I was heavily disappointed with her evening gown presentation. Her presentation points (in evening gown) may pull her down but her experience as a beauty queen (having competed in Miss World) may give her an advantage during the finals.

17. IRELAND
(Fionnghuala O'Reilly)
I'm not so sure if Fionnghuala is strong enough to penetrate the semis. I get that she has an impressive profile, but IMG snubs these things come finals night. Last year, we had a lot of smart girls who didn't crack the Top 20 in favor of model prototypes. I think she has interesting look and she performed well in the prelims so maybe they might give her a spot in the Top 20.

16. SLOVAK REPUBLIC
(Laura Longauerová)
I did not expect Laura to deliver such a strong performance during the prelims. She was giving off a Latina vibe when she came out, she had that energy and she was smiling. Usually, Europeans exude a more subdued presentation in the prelims but Laura seems to have stepped out from that stereotype.

15. NORWAY
(Helene Abildsnes)
Helene was very consistent in both her swimsuit and evening gown presentation and it was very evident in her performance. She had a lot of energy and she knew how to work her best angles. Not to mention, she had amazing styling as well. I think she may pull a surprise during the finals.

14. INDONESIA
(Frederika Alexis Cull)
Frederika is well-spoken and I think that gives her a strong edge in cracking the finals. It also helps that she knows how to work the runway. Last year, I thought Indonesia was going to fizzle out after the non-placement in 2017 but seeing how they strongly fight for placements, Indonesia might be up for a good fight this year.

13. MEXICO
(Sofia Aragon)
Mexico has struggled to produce strong competitors after Ximena Navarrette won at the start of this decade. Now that the 2010s is officially ending, they have yet to produce another top notch calibre. Though Sofia has a very beautiful face, her styling seems to be a bit dated. Also, her whole packaging is still very much like that of previous Mexican delegates. As much as there is so much room for doubt if she can place, I think she is the perfect candidate to end their drought. Watching her videos, her biggest strength is her communication skills, she is very articulate and she answers the questions directly whether it be in Spanish or English.

12. SOUTH AFRICA
(Zozibini Tunzi)
It's impossible to follow the likes of Demi Leigh Nel-Peters and Tamaryn Green but Zozibini stands as her own. As much as people don't see her as a huge threat, she has proven to deliver based on her capabilities. I am impressed with her preliminary performance, and I think she may have a chance to enter the semis and continue South Africa's placement.

11. GREAT BRITAIN
(Emma Jenkins)
Emma reminds me so much of the beauties from the golden years of pageantry. She has a voluptuous figure, and her styling is very reminiscent of classic Hollywood movies. I think it's working towards her favor, I initially didn't pay attention to her, but she has grown on me so much. Great Britain is definitely ready to compete this year.

TOP 10

10. KENYA
(Stacy Michuki)
Stacy stood out for me at the very last minute. She looks prepared and she was so relaxed during her presentation. Her warm and positive aura is very endearing. I am not going to be surprised if she becomes the torch bearer for the African continent in the Top 10.

09. THAILAND
(Paweensuda Drouin)
Paweensuda is already a strong contender the moment she won. I must admit, she may not be everyone's cup of tea but she knows her strengths. However, the problem with her presentation is that she looks too confident or maybe she is overdoing some poses that it comes off as forced. I'm sure she'll definitely be up there again in the semifinals.

08. CHILE
(Geraldine González)
One of the girls who caught my eye immediately is Geraldine. She really exudes the right amount of confidence. Considering how she is one of the youngest girls in the pageant, I don't know how she effortlessly carries herself so well. Her beauty is very refreshing, she has that ex-factor the moment she steps on stage. I am sure that this girl is one of the candidates to watch out for during the finals.

07. VIETNAM
(Hoàng Thùy)
Succeeding H'Hen Niê as a titleholder for Vietnam is definitely a huge challenge but Hoàng proves to continue the streak for their country. She has so much experience in the modeling industry and she knows what to expect and bring to the table. Back in the day, no one paid attention to Vietnamese delegates but now, times have changed and they are slowly getting used to what it's like to be up in the running of becoming Miss Universe. Hoàng delivered a solid presentation that will surely pay off during the finals.

06. ALBANIA
(Cindy Marina)
If Cindy plays her cards right, she can definitely win it all. Facially, she is the most stunning of all the candidates. If this was during Donald Trump's era, she could have easily been Miss Universe. Even with the shots she did with Fadil, she looks like a Miss Universe. However, it will not be easy for her since they are a lot of girls who are hungry for the crown. Despite having the complete package, she has to nail everything to seal the deal.

TOP 5

05. BRAZIL
(Julia Horta)
For many years, Brazil has been denied entry in the Top 10. They have sent a lot of top calibre girls who all fell short of landing the Top 10 despite having stellar swimsuit performances. Julia will surely shake things up come finals night, it will be shocking if she fails to at least reach the Top 5. I think she is really the strongest Brazilian delegate since Gabriela Markus, Miss Brazil 2012 (who eventually placed 4th runner-up in Miss Universe 2012).

04. PUERTO RICO
(Madison Anderson)
I am not so sure with how many crossover candidates have been successful in winning Miss Universe but Madison seems to have an interesting back story. She was raised in the United States and almost represented Florida in Miss USA 2019, which means that she could have been the reigning Miss USA this year had she won the state and national pageant. Obviously, she was meant to represent Puerto Rico and it certainly looks that she is very much prepared to fight.

TOP 3

03. PHILIPPINES
(Gazini Ganados)
As the country who has prevented two back-to-back wins, it is the Philippines' turn to once again attempt the biggest challenge of a pageant powerhouse, which is to earn that back-to-back win that Venezuela has managed to do. Gazini is definitely prepared, she has shown so much improvement after critics compared her communication skills to the reigning Miss Universe Catriona Gray. Though I am not too much of a fan of the tan she sported in the prelims, she still gave a solid performance. Obviously, her downfall is that it would be too soon for three Filipinas to win in the first five years of IMG, but if it's written in the stars that she is destined to win, she'd certainly be a deserving fifth Filipina Miss Universe winner.

02. COLOMBIA
(Gabriela Tafur)
As the strongest Latin American country this decade, Gabriela will surely make up for Colombia's non-placement last year. She is definitely hyped to win their third crown, and it seems that all eyes are on this beauty from the moment she was crowned in her national pageant. I think the only criticism I have on Gabriela is that she is packaged the same way most of their reps have been groomed. With all the judges on board, it is now known that she is currently judged by Miss Universe 2014 Paulina Vega who she resembles in some of her looks. As controversial as it may seem (since fans are very critical of the selection of judges and how their nationalities can affect their scoring of candidates), we'll see if this will play towards her advantage on finals night.

MISS UNIVERSE 2019
01. FRANCE
(Maëva Coucke)
For some weird reason, Maëva is giving off Veruska Ramirez (Miss Venezuela 1998) meets Stefania Fernandez (Miss Universe 2009) vibes, and it's definitely a good thing! She is very articulate, she exudes such a warm attitude, and is by far the fiercest contestant this year. The funny thing is she had the most embarrassing fall in the prelims, but that blunder doesn't matter. She still remains the one to beat in my list. If the Philippines can have two wins under the IMG era, so can France. Maëva is definitely bringing the goods and she might win it all on finals night.

poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby MOCHA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:52 am

Netherlands is one of the most natural looking girls in the competition. I like her.
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Return to Miss Universe