MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - TOP 3 FINAL ANSWER

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - TOP 3 FINAL ANSWER

Postby JamesCedricLim » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 am

Question:
What is the most important lesson you've learned in your life, and how would you apply it to your time as Miss Universe??

PHILIPPINES:
I worked a lot in the slums of Tondo Manila and the life there is very... Its poor and its very sad and I've always taught myself to look for the beauty in it, to look in the beauty in the faces of the children and to be grateful and I would bring this aspect as a Miss Universe to see situations with a silver lining. And to assess where I could give something, where I could provide something as a spokesperson and this, I think If I could teach also people to be grateful we could have an amazing world where negativity could not grow and foster and children would have a smile on their faces. Thank you..

SOUTH AFRICA:
Through out my life, i've been exposed to both those who are privilege and under privilege, and what ive learned is that we are all HUMAN. We all want to be love, we all want to belong, and we all want to be seen, so we should treat each other that way. Thank you!

VENEZUELA:
I grew up in a family filled with women, and each one of them taught me something very important, but what ive always remembered is that by working hard and chasing for our dreams. and by having courage and strength and willingness to achieve these dreams, we can achieved anything we want in this lifetime, and tonight i am proving this, i am here at Miss Universe.

============================================================================================================================

Now, can we all analyze deeply their respective answer to the final question. If you can change their ranking, based on their final word only, who would it be and why.

I would chose this ranking: Miss Universe - Philippines, 1RU - Venezuela, 2RU - South Africa

How about your thoughts???

Last edited by JamesCedricLim on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesCedricLim
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: JamesLIM
Date of Birth: 27 Nov 1982
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Baseball

Re: MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - TOP 3 FINAL ANSWER

Postby nycla2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 am

All answers are genuine and from the heart. tamaryn's answer was short but concise and inspirational, Stephany's answer was full of humility and family oriented.and Catriona's winning answer was impactful, very relatable and optimistic and stayed true to her roots and advocacy.
nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 am

Both South Africa and Venezuela’s answers came off to me as very generic and pageant-patty (SA’s answer was a repeat of her Top 5 response, while Venezuela could have focused instead on the women part of her response which she had already started), so I won’t really nitpick.

I’d pick SA instead of Venezuela for 1RU, however, for the only reason that I don’t think the very “manufactured” Venezuela should have entered the Top 20 to begin with.
Lafeadamadelaindia

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Postby wayne_garanchon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 am

JamesCedricLim wrote:Question:
What is the most important lesson you've learned in your life, and how would you apply it to your time as Miss Universe??

PHILIPPINES:
I worked a lot in the slums of Tondo Manila and the life there is very... Its poor and its very sad and I've always taught myself to look for the beauty in it, to look in the beauty in the faces of the children and to be grateful and I would bring this aspect as a Miss Universe to see situations with a silver lining. And to assess where I could give something, where I could provide something as a spokesperson and this, I think If I could teach also people to be grateful we could have an amazing world where negativity could not grow and foster and children would have a smile on their faces. Thank you..

SOUTH AFRICA:
Through out my life, i've been exposed to both those who are privilege and under privilege, and what ive learned is that we are all HUMAN. We all want to be love, we all want to belong, and we all want to be seen, so we should treat each other that way. Thank you!

VENEZUELA:
I grew up in a family filled with women, and each one of them taught me something very important, but what ive always remembered is that by working hard and chasing for our dreams. and by having courage and strength and willingness to achieve these dreams, we can achieved anything we want in this lifetime, and tonight i am proving this, i am here at Miss Universe.

============================================================================================================================

Now, can we all analyze deeply their respective answer to the final question. If you can change their ranking, based on their final word only, who would it be and why.

I would chose this ranking: Miss Universe - Philippines, 1RU - Venezuela, 2RU - South Africa

How about your thoughts???

ONLY CATRIONA ANSWERED THE SECOND PART OF THE QUESTION- "and how would you apply it to your time as Miss Universe?"
wayne_garanchon
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Dec 1980
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Hobbies/Interests: dance

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 am

CAT NAILED IT. THE QUESTION IS A LITTLE BIT SIMILAR TO HER MISS WORLD Q AND A.
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby bcdf1930 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:36 am

I GUESS ONLY CATRIONA ANSWERED THE SECOND PART OF THE QUESTION...SO, BASED ON FINAL ANSWERS ALONE, BELOW WOULD BE MY TOP 3 IN ORDER :)>- :-*

Miss Universe : PHILIPPINES
1ST RUNNERUP : VENEZUELA
2ND RUNNERUP : SOUTH AFRICA
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 23 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby AaronICK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 am

Exactly. It is a prerequisite that the contestant answered the question as it was asked. And Catriona was the only one who answered both parts of the question.

This proved that Catriona has no competition. The crown is hers alone and naysayers will try to discredit her win with this or with that but they just couldn't. So they have no other choice but to resort to other things, such as accusing her of being half-Filipino, of MUO leaving other strong candidates (i.e. Canada) out of the top 5 to secure her win, etc etc.

The two remaining contestants, on the other hand, are left settling for the first and second runner up finish only. I also thought Venezuela gave a better answer. However, considering all the previous performances, South Africa was strong during the preliminaries, thus ending up as the runner up to Catriona.
AaronICK

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1977
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Self-employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Just ask

Postby JamesCedricLim » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:38 am

To begin with Ms. Canada was not Cat's competitor. it was indeed SA. So if anyone claiming that MUO intentionally did not include her in the top 5 just to justify her win is not acceptable. It was SA and PH was head to head in each round of the competition.
JamesCedricLim

Real Life Name/Nick: JamesLIM
Date of Birth: 27 Nov 1982
Hobbies/Interests: Baseball

Postby BeautyBeach » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 am

what a waste of timed, it's all dust settled and we can't change the results, so who cares? however we all know who deserves to win the crown, it's kiki, her beauty shines throughout the night, we all love her! she's our real Miss Universe 2018!
I'm Beach Beauty, don't confuse me with some alternick, I'm too high class for that!
BeautyBeach

Location: Dasmarinas Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Most beautiful & kindest person on Missosology
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, sunbathing and being gorgeous!
Message: I LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU, I REALLY DO! PROUD TO BE FILIPINO!!

Postby FutaKaNina » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:57 pm

BeautyBeach wrote:what a waste of timed, it's all dust settled and we can't change the results, so who cares? however we all know who deserves to win the crown, it's kiki, her beauty shines throughout the night, we all love her! she's our real Miss Universe 2018!

Poor Kiki. Even spreading her legs wide open to show some Kiki for the world, the universe rather, to see, didn’t work. :-(
FutaKaNina
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Return to Miss Universe