| THE DUCHESS MISS UNIVERSE '18 REVIEWS | COSTA RICA |

| THE DUCHESS MISS UNIVERSE '18 REVIEWS | COSTA RICA |

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:41 am

Well Hello, my dears. After months of college and a full month of FIFA, Centeramerican Games ect... I can finally come back to observing and following pageants again. It’s been eventful months to be honest but we are right back on the horse of pageantry and enjoy the other month and a half of summer I have. Now my goals this year in terms of the forum is to put out the following things by the end of the year, yet my priority is quality not quantity ergo not all of this list will be promised.

But what is going to start today is my series of reviews of the girls that I have caught my attention one way or the other and who I think should be part of the final call. This group of girls are the ones who have for me something interesting to add to the competition and have joined the Duchess’ watchlist. Now I was going to start with Venezuela to give her a little bit of traction thanks to the scandals and the whole Pocahontas look she has going on. But what happened? We have way too many Pocahontas this year and honestly I want girls that look different from each other in the first couple episodes. I thought of Catriona but doing her first is perhaps a little too expected, also I think she could actually benefit from less hype. She will be done later on. I will try to give you guys a very varied series in terms of location so we will try not to do two girls from the same area back to back. Or at least I’ll try as much as possible but that depends entirely on the girls performance and how they impressed me during the months. Okay so for the mechanics of this series.

At the beginning I will be choosing a girl from each region to talk about and discuss. Regions are: Americas,Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and/or Wildcards.

Each girl will be given an element or item that I believe it’s the element they should model themselves after or try to emulate ex. Gold, Water, Flowers ect.

The girls will be evaluated in Facial Beauty, Body, Styling, Comm Skills, Backstory (to an extent) and how they are doing as of now.

After my evaluation, I will try to go in depth to talk about each area mentioned above and mention pros and cons. Most importantly, how I would fix it.

DISCLAIMERS:
This series of observations are not meant to be a read or an insult against a country and/or contestants, many of you know this about my person.
I will not, I repeat, I WILL NOT be answering to disrespectful comments against a country and/or candidate. If you cannot respect women and/or have a personal vendetta against a queen or country take it to a threat meant for that. This is a serious thread.
I encourage discussions of contestants in the comments and will partake in them if we follow the above disclaimer.

Everything clear? Okay, Let’s Go.

Natalia Carvajal Sanchez is the representative for the beautiful Costa Rica in this edition of Miss Universe. Now, she has been gaining some traction the past few weeks but honestly not as much and fast as she actually should. This is a girl who is actually in my Top 5 and I fear I am the one of the few ones that sees her full potential to actually take it all. So I’m actually going to make this whole thread for her so not only you understand the potential on this girl but also so she understands it. Even though she is the limit of age for this competition yet she looks fresher than many girls in the other spectrum of the age rule. This is not her first crown as she won the Miss Eco Universe 2016 pageant and her participation in her local pageant left many impressed. And from that her growth just keeps on making her a strong contender and a possible threat to all those favorites in your lists.

Now Natalia is not only a beauty queen as she is also a TV Host, Publicist and a student of Literature as well as a contestant in Dancing with the Stars. She is also an aspiring writer and one of her goals in the future is to become a producer for television. She also would love to study film amongst other projects. She is a professional well rounded woman outside the pageant circuit which is something organizations like IMG/MUO are very into right now.

Her main advocacy seems to be the fight against cancer in children working with the Asociacion Lucha contra el Cancer Infantil (Fight Against Children Cancer Association or ALCI) in her home country. In which she also constantly visits these children and spends time with them as well as raising awareness for this horrible epidemic. This is a very current and important advocacy that speaks volumes on the type of work she enjoy but also gives me a certain amount of ideas about her. Mainly because it takes a specific type of person to work with children and dedicate themselves to children’s causes.

From her instagram we can gather that another part of her advocacy is working with poor and/or homeless population. This as many of you know is a big problem in many parts of the globe including Latin America, and the reality is there is a high level of stigma with poor and/or homeless people. So seeing her take on this cause is very refreshing and to me in send a very important message to people to simplify the role of Miss Universe as just a pretty face. In this clip we can see that her project is called The Street Store in which she takes donations and help set up pop-up shops to give clothing to the poor and/or homeless. Personally I appreciate this platform just like appreciated it with Nevada in the latest Miss USA pageant, it’s one of my personal advocacies in a way. I think it will resonate very well with the judges as well as put that platform forward so it gets some exposure.

As a Miss Eco International I expect her to have some type of advocacy with the protection of the environment which is a very recent platform. Also an important one. She received an appreciation certificate from UNESCO during her reign as an Eco Queen, another great part of her resume.

Now the next part I would like to talk about briefly is what I believe, and how to fix, her Strengths & Weaknesses are. Now I will name them along with the areas to watch because sometimes in this review they will intertwine as they go together. Now as you can see the only things I feel could keep her from actually getting that Top 15 spot is Weak Sash and her Facial Features. That last one is where the areas of Overproduction and Styling will come to play, hence will intertwined in this review. For her strengths there’s actually a lot but the ones that I will talk about will be her Communication Skills, Projection, Body & Facial Value . Facial Value will also intertwined with her weakness/areas to watch ergo it will go last.

What many people don’t know is that Natalia is actually a tv host and not a new one as she has been at it since at least 2011. She worked in TV shows like Ondivedu and Combate as well as Destino.tv so she has already a very good background in the communications department. This has made her an excellent host as well as guess and has prepared her extremely well to talk in front of the camera. This is so important in pageantry, because like I have always said confidence through the spoken word is HIGHLY important in this competition. They not only have to give interviews in the pre-pageant activities but also with the judges in the official interview. She has a small window to make an impression on the judges, Dayanara Torres has mentioned this plenty of times. As a contestant she needs to be able to not only look confident but also needs to present herself as a person, that is achieved by the right ways AND the right skills. Natalia is a pro at this, in the interview posted below (portion and full interview) you can see (even while speaking Spanish) clearly how well she is at projecting her ideas. She possesses a great tone of voice as well as a harmony in the way she constructs sentences, she is also expressive which doesn’t make her look rehearsed. How do you think many contestants have won the pageant without answering in English? Because they know how to speak, ergo I would not touch this area for she is ready. Now, I don’t know how fluent she is in English but if she can work on that it would great more because she does have to live in an English speaking country for at least a year. Plus bilingualism is always a plus.

Another great thing this woman has is an amazing ability to project on stage and in front of both video and photographic cameras. Her tv and modeling background have done and will do wonders for her in this pageant. During her national pageant, we saw a woman confident on stage who knows how to work her angles. She knew when to be serious and when to do a sultry look as well as answering questions in a proper way. In her pre-recorded snippets of her in the water she looks sexy yet elegant at the same time, honestly she looks stunning. For me with a little improvement in the styling area (see later) and the catwalk (see below), the last in which she already is working on. She has time to further train in that projection area because Miss Universe, especially under IMG. What I like about her is that to me she doesn’t project over sexyness, she doesn’t exude too much like other candidates. That works for queens in Miss Universe now, as it should honestly. So this area is one in which she just needs to maintain it and keep those smiles and knowledge of how to work the stage.

I dare call this girl the body of Miss Universe 2018, she has this very beautiful and feminine body. To me her body is a beautiful middle ground between the early 2000’s less fitted yet delicate bodies and the early 2010’s super fitted bodies. It is obviously fitted sure but it doesn’t cross into abs territory which I love because it looks very delicate. Her body reminds me a little bit of Iris, specially that tiny waist she has, which is a great thing. Now I will be mentioning parts of this woman’s body RESPECTFULLY as one should and I would like for anyone else who has a comment about it to treat her with the same respect. Now, just like Iris what I like about is how very nicely proportioned their bodies are but also the femininity they exude. Now in the internet there’s some measurements for both that should be of course taken with a grain of salt but by my estimation and pictures they are very close to the same body. Michael Cinco did confirm Iris 24” waist and I would say Natalia is at much a inch or two bigger which is actually great considering she has a slightly bigger breast and hips. In the case of Natalia I don’t know if she had a breast augmentation but if she did or not is not relevant because they actually look very nice. They go very well with the rest of her body and have a good shape and look to them, in the picture below we can even in candids how it looks.

I do notice that she tend to push she butt out to create what I call the pageantry S, a la Paulina Vega. Now this is very common in latin american pageant but if I wear her coach I wouldn’t do it in pictures, or at least not too much. Why? Because while on the stage it may look better, in frontal pictures it does affect the bust to hip proportion. While the first one looks amazing her hips looks a bit smaller that her breast, in the second picture there’s more proportion. The very great thing about Natalia is that she knows how to pose in pictures, and most importantly for different types of pictures. One of the best things Tyra Banks taught her girls is that there’s a difference on how we photograph bodies for different magazines and different audiences. Some magazines want more sexy, in your face photography while other want elegant ¾ pictures. And Natalia understands that. Her swimsuit portfolio portrays an array of poses and shapes which reads great to a modeling agency (IMG).

Now for her facial value, and this is the part in which we are going to be touching the styling/areas to watch department slightly. Natalia for me has a very fresh which translates amazingly into her candid pictures, I actually cannot get over the fact of how good the candids are. Natalia Carvajal has a very beautiful yet natural face that to me IMG could really respond too. If you look at the IMG Miss Universe winners is that, at least to me, they are amazing beautiful women but also relatable. They are imperfect women, stunning nonetheless but still, and that resonates with people more now. Also these 3 queens actually a great approachable attitudes which to me Natalia fits in very nicely. I compare her a lot with Iris actually, and perhaps some of you won’t see that, because she is not only beautiful but she the personality and fresh factor is there too. Like I said in my prediction about a year and half ago to me Iris was fresh and she performed ergo earning her position in my Top 5. Now a year and a half later my opinion on Iris has changed a lot, I see why I should have seen that crown on her. And I can actually see Natalia with the crown if she plays her cards right. Also she doesn’t need much to achieve this fresh and natural look it just requires a good and careful styling. The key to her achieving a look like the one in the picture below is softening those features. Which are not themselves strong but with an overproduced styling makes them strong and even weaker. This is what elevates her facial value and that is what she needs to take advantage of and her organization needs to help her with that. How can she do that? Well that’s what the next part is for.

Natalia can achieve the qualities of her element actually so easily it’s almost crazy how easy it is to achieve her potential. Keywords: Soft and Elegance. Sometimes people tend to think that soft styling is that styling in which its suppose to be too soft and borderline Miss World. Not necessarily. It’s about letting your beauty be complemented by a soft yet elegant styling instead of being fabricated with overproduction. Ukraine 2016 was a stunning woman and her styling was always on point because it had to complement her and not overpower her. My least favorite moments of Natalia are actually when she was participating for Miss Costa Rica, which worries me slightly. Let me elaborate. The charts below are for visual help in case my train of thought proves to be a bit difficult to understand me.

Let’s talk Haircolors and this one is quite easy to understand because if we look at her social media we will see it fast. The best colors for her are blond and brown yet not the extreme of either color. Too light of a blood actually doesn’t soften her enough in my opinion, and a darker brown kinda takes that spark from her. The lighter brown and soft blond she is sporting lately do wonders for her, I would personally would pick the soft blond though. I think it brings enough light to her face yet does it in a very natural way, and it blends beautifully with her eyes. Now if you can look back at the horrible photoshop work you will see that I picked Red and Black to be the worst possible idea for her. Red doesn’t provide absolutely anything to her, unlike candidates like Campanella and Maeva, it really is unnecessary and won’t give her an edge. Now Black will literally not only take all the light from her face but it just looks so off on her.

As for hairstyles I am actually very happy as a missosology that this girl showcases so many different looks in her social media. That helps me see what looks better on her and what doesn’t really doesn’t do her many favors. Soft buns and updos fit her frame and softens her look much better than tight braids or buns that will barely look good on anyone. If her final look is planned to be an updo I would honestly ask for a soft updo hairstyle or a low semi loose bun. Those are personally my favorites of her styles. Straight hair looks extremely well on her, much better than the voluminous extra long hair they gave her in the local pageant. That hair to me is a little too pageant patty and over processed which unfortunately many people tend to associate with Latinas. The straighter hair does far more for her features that those extensions she sometimes had on in the past. On that same line we shouldn’t over ornate her hair for the pageant, no over complicated buns or too many unbrushed curls. Ornate should not be a word that is ever used in the meetings to talk about her styling for the pageant. Soft waves do far more for her and provide her with a more natural look for the pageant.

Makeup is another point I wanted to talk about for not just this candidates but to all because many people don’t see the importance of her. Natalia is usually sporting very soft looks on her candids and a bit more color on her face for events, and I actually commend her on that. But I know that for the preliminary and final night sometimes we try to give it an extra mile which is what worries me. For me her final look should be of a natural or coral lip and eye makeups like the ones shown here; maybe with some thin liquid eyeliner on the lid. Now I added darker lip colors and reds because they actually look very good on her as long as she keeps her eyes soft and or barely made up. Makeup is about balance, you got to choose a focus point and the rest has to complemented. So a vibrant red or dark purple goes extremely well and looks stunning with minimal eye makeup. Much better than a smokey eye and red lipstick… no… just no. That same way I think that heavy eye makeup and pastel or neon lip colors should be something to avoid at all cost. To be fair no one should wear those but that’s another thing entirely.

Before we wrap up the most important parts of her training I wanna talk a little bit about fashion on her. When I see her in the final night, I see her in a dress like the one on Bella Hadid (the one at the closest front) but with some adaptations. Since her look should be about harmony and balance, I would design a dress that has the same top yet with a smaller slit and a much less transparent fabric and/or beadwork. It would be a dress that would be covered in the right places yet showing a bit of sensuality. I would actually try to make it look close to the color of her element, to look a bit liquid; that color looks great on her. I wished there was another Carlos Alberto moment, Zuleyka’s dress looked liquid and like a second skin; that kinda what I see with the design I have in mind. Now for the rest of her activities I want her to try different styles that would look great on her body. Off or Cold Shoulder dresses will give her that delicate look while High Necklines will give her a regal look. Asymmetrical styles done properly are another that she can use to her advantages, again all about balances. Find her delicate and elegant fashion that will complement her body without making it over sexy. That is to me the best way to describe it.

Before I go to the sash (I’m almost done I swear) I wanna clarify that what I mean about putting the organization in an area to watch. What I mean by this is that is no secret that this is a rather private organization in terms of revealing the preparations of their queen. Which I don’t mind but it will automatically make me worried because I don’t know much about what’s going on. I just wish the organization is taking the right path and right steps to get this woman to the crown. I also wish that somehow they could see this but that is wishful thinking hahaha regardless I wish the organization has the same idea as me with softening Natalia. I am hopeful everytime I see a new picture of her.

Now for the sash I think it’s pretty self explanatory but what keeps me hopeful is that IMG doesn’t seem that concern with who has what sash. That to me speaks volumes as to how their organization works and that is something I have always been able to applaud for them. Now I think it’s very obvious that Costa Rica has zero sash factor now or ever in Miss Universe. They actually have one of the least effective records only placing 4 times (1954, 2004, 2011, 2013; having a 95% participation rate with 64 reps in 67 years) and none of them going pass Top 10. But as we can see with IMG they are very into ending placement and win draughts. At the same time I feel like the big names in pageantry don’t get in just because their carry a certain sash. The last three winners have ended huge crowning droughts (43 years, 63 years and 39 years respectively) and we saw the first placement of Kenya. We also saw placements for countries who have less than five placements (Haiti, Curacao, Sri Lanka, Ghana, China and Croatia) as well as other countries with few placements like Panama and Jamaica. That makes me hopeful not because I think weaker sashes will just get in automatically but I do get some hope that each year we will have varied results.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Of course, there’s still a long time to the pageant as of today is about 4 months before the pageant. I hope that in these months Natalia only improves and gets better so she can bring a crown to not only the Americas but also Latinas. But most importantly I want her to prepare so in case she wins that crown is because she served the house down. And with that I finish this very long post and I hope that those who stayed until the end enjoyed it. And follow this girl’s social media so you can keep in touch with the latest from her and thank you to everyone responsible for the videos and the IG pictures I used.

Lastly a special shoutout to SGA and Clorentine for answering my questions.

XX, The Duchess

http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1528982

THE DUCHESS REVIEWS MISS SOUTH AFRICA
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music

Re: | THE DUCHESS MISS UNIVERSE '18 REVIEWS | COSTA RICA |

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 am

The Duchess

Postby chellomellow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 am

Such a brilliant thread. I hope you get a tag upgrade to Pageant Expert! Haven't seen a thread like this in a while. I know a lot went into it. BTW why is the Centeramerican Games so important? I saw a lot of pageant pages promoting it. I am surprised my country is ranked so high in the current standings despite not knowing what event it was... Anyway, welcome back. You were missed!
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Nov 2008
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I am a Angel sent from heaven ❤
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano
Message: It's funny how the people you'd take a bullet for, are the ones behind the trigger.

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:15 am

chellomellow wrote:Such a brilliant thread. I hope you get a tag upgrade to Pageant Expert! Haven't seen a thread like this in a while. I know a lot went into it. BTW why is the Centeramerican Games so important? I saw a lot of pageant pages promoting it. I am surprised my country is ranked so high in the current standings despite not knowing what event it was... Anyway, welcome back. You were missed!
First of all thank you so much :hx

So now the Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe (Spanish names) is a regional multisport event that happens every 4 years in Latin American/Carribean countries since 1926 and it is the oldest. It's organized by the OBECABE. Basically it's like the Olympics but for the Caribbean and Latin America only. This year is in Barranquilla, Colombia
making Colombia tie for most hosted. 37 countries participate in 36 sports and around 5850 athletes.

The Duchess

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Agreed, you deserve a pageant expert tag! You put so much effort into this and it shows!!!!!! As for Natalia, I don't know if she'll place because the Latinas/North and South America are really competitive but she's a frontrunner we can't deny that, she needs to stick with darker hair as well!
Juan Sebastian
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacy Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: poker,music,astrology,pageants,horror movies etc..
Message: "EVERYONE is beautiful, just some people are more beautiful than others."

Postby SGA » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:27 pm

This is so well done, so professional, I've learned so much LOL, amazing :7 :7 :7 !
Not only content, but how you separate and mix small paragraphs with photos to make your point, so easy to read.

I'm pretty sure she will be reading this, and I hope CR Facebook pages like Reinas dela Belleza Costarricense and Bellezas Costarricenses (among others) link this thread in their FB wall. I would like to read some comments on your recommendations.

I agree with you on communication skills, confidence level/projection and body those areas are pretty much covered.

Hair Styling, Im no expert, probably Clorentine will have much more to say, but I do like her with soft waves, her hair to the side but easy on the curls or slicked back hairstyle for EG. She pretty much looks good in many hairstyles but I would avoid the excessive hair and curls.

I do like how she looks here in this EG photo shoot:

Hair color like we discussed a while back it has to be around the soft blonde.

and yes, this is problaby what she should aim for :=p :

SGA
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 22 May 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: :)
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: :)(:):

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
Agreed, you deserve a pageant expert tag! You put so much effort into this and it shows!!!!!! As for Natalia, I don't know if she'll place because the Latinas/North and South America are really competitive but she's a frontrunner we can't deny that, she needs to stick with darker hair as well!
I should have waited for the announcement of Thailand =;)) =;)) =;)) imma be drown by all those threads now

The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:14 pm

SGA wrote:
This is so well done, so professional, I've learned so much LOL, amazing :7 :7 :7 !
Not only content, but how you separate and mix small paragraphs with photos to make your point, so easy to read.

I'm pretty sure she will be reading this, and I hope CR Facebook pages like Reinas dela Belleza Costarricense and Bellezas Costarricenses (among others) link this thread in their FB wall. I would like to read some comments on your recommendations.

I agree with you on communication skills, confidence level/projection and body those areas are pretty much covered.

Hair Styling, Im no expert, probably Clorentine will have much more to say, but I do like her with soft waves, her hair to the side but easy on the curls or slicked back hairstyle for EG. She pretty much looks good in many hairstyles but I would avoid the excessive hair and curls.

I do like how she looks here in this EG photo shoot:

Hair color like we discussed a while back it has to be around the soft blonde.

and yes, this is problaby what she should aim for :=p :

I know this will probably get drowned with all the Thailand announcement but atleast I wanted you and Clorentine to read it before =;)) and yes I need tons of visual aids to keep interested in subjects I'm reading about. Let's see, hopefully some moderator can see it and put it in the announcements for a couple days

The Duchess

Postby SGA » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:28 pm

MISSO might share the link on FB
SGA

Postby Tsatsabi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 pm

This is an excellent and very thorough review. Natalia is a very strong contestant, and reminds me a bit of our very own Aleyda! It is nice that you are putting her in the spotlight like this because she really is one to watch out for, specially due to her experience as a communicator and host. It is precisely because of that experience that I know she will not need more than these couple of months to prepare; and I totally get what you mean about her soft beauty being an advantage as we are seeing more relatable beauties being crowned than before. Costa Rica has been sending good delegates in the past few years, hopefully this girl will be able to give them a placement.

I'm loving how you organized this thread taking into account the new criteria. Keep it up! You indeed deserve a tag upgrade!
Tsatsabi

Real Life Name/Nick: Carolina
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1987
Profession: Freelancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Art & Photography

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 pm

chellomellow wrote:Such a brilliant thread. I hope you get a tag upgrade to Pageant Expert! Haven't seen a thread like this in a while. I know a lot went into it. BTW why is the Centeramerican Games so important? I saw a lot of pageant pages promoting it. I am surprised my country is ranked so high in the current standings despite not knowing what event it was... Anyway, welcome back. You were missed!

I agree. The Duchess deserves the pageant expert tag.
Jonathan Nguyen
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Hai Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Professional poker player wannabe
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby firerprince » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 pm

Good read buddy! Up for a tag upgrade! :!!
firerprince
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: JCA
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Profession: TVC model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, billiards, arts

Postby valleriam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 pm

I feel like she might be underrated just because of her sash. However, I see her as a solid Top 10 placer!
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2016:

http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... &t=1342646
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby Busyboy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 am

This is gold! Can't wait for your reviews with the other ladies especially Thailand, Albania, Vietnam, South Africa!

I'm a bit sad you are still unsure if you will follow ME this year but I understand... :)
MY BIG FOUR QUEENS!

PHILIPPINES (Miss Universe)-PHILIPPINES (MW)-PUERTO RICO (ME)-JAPAN (MI)
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 am

Busyboy wrote:This is gold! Can't wait for your reviews with the other ladies especially Thailand, Albania, Vietnam, South Africa!

I'm a bit sad you are still unsure if you will follow ME this year but I understand... :)

Mainly it's because I think last year proved that I don't really get Miss Earth enough to follow it constantly. I thought I did but its appears I don't and I just don't wanna waste anyone's time with a messed up prediction that will be super innacurate =;))

The Duchess

Postby chellomellow » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:58 am

The Duchess wrote:
Busyboy wrote:This is gold! Can't wait for your reviews with the other ladies especially Thailand, Albania, Vietnam, South Africa!

Mainly it's because I think last year proved that I don't really get Miss Earth enough to follow it constantly. I thought I did but its appears I don't and I just don't wanna waste anyone's time with a messed up prediction that will be super innacurate =;))

Say 'No' to Depression and Anxiety =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

chellomellow

Date of Birth: 21 Nov 2008
Profession: I am a Angel sent from heaven ❤
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano
Message: It's funny how the people you'd take a bullet for, are the ones behind the trigger.

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 am

chellomellow wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Say 'No' to Depression and Anxiety =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

I already have enough of that to add more =;))

The Duchess

Postby Smile » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:17 am

Just keep bumping this thread so it stays on top, at least until the Thailand hoopla ends.

Good job, by the way. Love threads like this.
Smile
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.

Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1982
Profession: Fashion Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Stuff

Postby ne0n » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:10 pm

I think this girl is amazing however one thing that would hurt her is that the Americas is too strong this year.

I hope MUO would indeed forego of the regional selection of semifinalist or else it would be quite an uphill battle for her.
ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:10 pm

ne0n wrote:I think this girl is amazing however one thing that would hurt her is that the Americas is too strong this year.

I hope MUO would indeed forego of the regional selection of semifinalist or else it would be quite an uphill battle for her.

I actually think im the only one that sees her as a better contestant than Ecuador and Nicaragua bur yeah MUO has to realize this year we are so good. For me

USA (shell be up there)
Costa Rica
Nicaragua
Ecuador

And in the wildcard i would put El Salvador and perhaps Mexico.

The Duchess

Postby Clorentine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Thank you, this review is amazing, i´m pretty sure this information and recommendations will give her great ideas, somebody has to upgrade your tag, and with natalia yes i think a bronde would look perfect on her, she needs to have the perfect balance of brown and blonde to maximize her features, with soft waves, and sometimes straight Hair, she just has to look effortless, if were her i would kinda go for Giselle bundchen or Iris mittineare most blonde moments hair color

Your suggestions about makeup are on point, she doesn´t need huge amounts of makeup, her key word for me is Effortless, gold tones and shades suites her perfectly and with her wardrobe, the simpler the better, the problem is that Miss Costa Rica Org they have never provided a really good gown, their taste is terrible, is the Major Miss Costa Rica weakness, the damn evening gown, i hope she goes for something like The Duchess said, or gold, gold is her color, looks so great on her, the main problem of it is that the past two winners wore gold too so, can be a little bit repetitive.

Her catwalk, is good, but can be better, has to be stronger to me, with more attitude but elegant, very much like [b]Yasmeen Ghauri
in the 90´s, (They have a very similar body shape, which is Hourglass) even though are two different worlds, but i think that even if she can´t reproduce the same catwalk, she can imitate the elegance that the supermodel exuded when she walked on the runway, again Effortless, elegant, sexy, expensive, like Iman said, "is not about the catwalk, is about the presence"

By the way, she is bilingual, her English skills are great but like she said, she has to improve it to express her ideas in the best way possible

[/b]

And last but not least, what people don´t know is specially about her personality, is so positive, attractive, honest, interesting, is really hard to find people with that characteristics, that is her main asset, and one of the main reasons why she won Miss eco Universe 2 years ago, when she had no experience in Beauty Pageants and no preparation at all, by the way she is extremely competitive

Last edited by Clorentine on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clorentine

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: My hobbies
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Boss people around
Message: Im here to criticize haha, thats what you all do right!!??

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Clorentine wrote:Thank you, this review is amazing, i´m pretty sure this information and recommendations will give her great ideas, somebody has to upgrade your tag, and with natalia yes i think a bronde would look perfect on her, she needs to have the perfect balance of brown and blonde to maximize her features, with soft waves, and sometimes straight Hair, she just has to look effortless, if were her i would kinda go for Giselle bundchen or Iris mittineare most blonde moments hair color

Your suggestions about makeup are on point, she doesn´t need huge amounts of makeup, her key word for me is Effortless, gold tones and shades suites her perfectly and with her wardrobe, the simpler the better, the problem is that Miss Costa Rica Org they have never provided a really good gown, their taste is terrible, is the Major Miss Costa Rica weakness, the damn evening gown, i hope she goes for something like The Duchess said, or gold, gold is her color, looks so great on her, the main problem of it is that the past two winners wore gold too so, can be a little bit repetitive.

Her catwalk, is good, but can be better, has to be stronger to me, with more attitude but elegant, very much like [b]Yasmeen Ghauri
in the 90´s, (They have a very similar body shape, which is Hourglass) even though are two different worlds, but i think that even if she can´t reproduce the same catwalk, she can imitate the elegance that the supermodel exuded when she walked on the runway, again Effortless, elegant, sexy, expensive, like Iman said, "is not about the catwalk, is about the presence"

By the way, she is bilingual, her English skills are great but like she said, she has to improve it to express her ideas in the best way possible

[/b]

And last but not least, what people don´t know is specially about her personality, is so positive, attractive, honest, interesting, is really hard to find people with that characteristics, that is her main asset, and one of the main reasons why she won Miss eco Universe 2 years ago, when she had no experience in Beauty Pageants and no preparation at all

On the gown thing, I think costarricenses need to put preassure because yes you guys have sent some crazy stuff and the least this girl needs is to be ruined by a gown. NOW, I would agree on the repetitive thing but literally 3 of the Puertorrican Miss Universes won with white hahaha also if you guys wanna make a diferrent slight twist try to go more of a rose gold finish or a color that looks a bit like that. Personally is my favorite metal and I use more than gold and silver.

The Duchess

Postby MariaAndreina » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Very nice and well thought out thread! Great work!
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Clorentine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:24 pm

The Duchess wrote:

On the gown thing, I think costarricenses need to put preassure because yes you guys have sent some crazy stuff and the least this girl needs is to be ruined by a gown. NOW, I would agree on the repetitive thing but literally 3 of the Puertorrican Miss Universes won with white hahaha also if you guys wanna make a diferrent slight twist try to go more of a rose gold finish or a color that looks a bit like that. Personally is my favorite metal and I use more than gold and silver.[/b][/size][/color][/font]

Yes Rose gold is amazing, it is a great color and option
Clorentine

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: My hobbies
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Boss people around
Message: Im here to criticize haha, thats what you all do right!!??

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Clorentine wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

On the gown thing, I think costarricenses need to put preassure because yes you guys have sent some crazy stuff and the least this girl needs is to be ruined by a gown. NOW, I would agree on the repetitive thing but literally 3 of the Puertorrican Miss Universes won with white hahaha also if you guys wanna make a diferrent slight twist try to go more of a rose gold finish or a color that looks a bit like that. Personally is my favorite metal and I use more than gold and silver.[/b][/size][/color][/font]

Yes Rose gold is amazing, it is a great color and option

For me it should be a dress like bella Hadid's but not as transparent that looks like a second skin; I want her to wear the gown not viceversa. At this point, they should just open a design competition =O/ =;))

The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 pm

MariaAndreina wrote:Very nice and well thought out thread! Great work!

Thanks beautiful, Ecuador will have to be later because I already did a girl from Americas but hopefully when I get there I'll contact you :%))

The Duchess

Postby Tsatsabi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 am

The Duchess wrote:

Thanks beautiful, Ecuador will have to be later because I already did a girl from Americas but hopefully when I get there I'll contact you :%))

I'd like to see you review Miss Bolivia though. Out of the Pocahontas group, that girl is very underrated. :)>-
Tsatsabi

Real Life Name/Nick: Carolina
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1987
Profession: Freelancer
Hobbies/Interests: Art & Photography

Postby The Duchess » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:27 am

Tsatsabi wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I'd like to see you review Miss Bolivia though. Out of the Pocahontas group, that girl is very underrated. :)>-

But man now theres too many pocahontas, like it started with Venezuela and suddenly even Kosovo was her own type of blancahontas =;)) im still deciding which Pocahontas to do, itll probably be Bolivia as I see her better looking than Panama and fresher than VNZL.

The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:31 am

The Duchess wrote:
Tsatsabi wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

But man now theres too many pocahontas, like it started with Venezuela and suddenly even Kosovo was her own type of blancahontas =;)) im still deciding which Pocahontas to do, itll probably be Bolivia as I see her better looking than Panama and fresher than VNZL.[

Edit: dammit im confusing her with another one, see? Ill get back to you wait =;)) /b]
[b]

The Duchess

Postby SGA » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:08 am

The Duchess wrote:
Clorentine wrote:

On the gown thing, I think costarricenses need to put preassure because yes you guys have sent some crazy stuff and the least this girl needs is to be ruined by a gown. NOW, I would agree on the repetitive thing but literally 3 of the Puertorrican Miss Universes won with white hahaha also if you guys wanna make a diferrent slight twist try to go more of a rose gold finish or a color that looks a bit like that. Personally is my favorite metal and I use more than gold and silver.

"wanna make a diferrent slight twist try to go more of a rose gold finish "

SGA

Next

Return to Miss Universe