HALFWAY MARK: Post your CURRENT top 10!

HALFWAY MARK: Post your CURRENT top 10!

Postby MOCHA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am

We’re already halfway done and there’s been a lot of disappointments so far. At this time, post your current top 10 so I can see a consensus on who are the main front-runners, dark horses and silent underdogs.

Current Top 10

1. Philippines
2. South Africa
3. USA
4. El Salvador
5. Panama

6. France
7. Venezuela
8. Brazil
9. Vietnam
10. Cambodia

The top 2 is interchangeable and way out front in this year’s edition based on what I’ve seen so far. Facially speaking, I find Gray/Greene tandem to be superior and more universally appealing than Pia and Demi and I’ve seen those winners up close and personal. If both of them make the top 5/3 or win, they would make history in pageantry in record-setting. The only downfall I’m seeing is that the winners are very current and I think they want to spread the wealth. My instinct tells me that they’re looking for a country that hasn’t won in a long time or willing to crown a first timer. I’m seeing 3 countries that could spoil both of them. USA reps in Miss Universe have not been well-received internationally because they tend to ONLY do well when the pageant is held at home. But when it is outside the US, they’re very inconsistent. And the last time I was impressed with a Miss USA based on beauty and performance alone was Shandi and that was outside US soil. I only like USA on her name alone as it sounds fun and sunny. Her greatest asset when she’s on stage is her naturalness and fun attitude. El Salvador is very underrated. There’s something special about her and I hope she’s prepared extensively by her team. Panama is so striking. She’s an exotic version of THE Supermodel Cindy Crawford mixed with Asian and Latin flavors rolled into one. France has a lot of facial beauty in her. It’s just not found yet. The org should polish her into a 40’s movie star bombshell Rita Hayworth. I’ve been wrong with past MV queens like Mariana Jimenez and Keysi Sayago even though they aren’t my cup of tea. They are over-produced but when you actually see them up close or perform on stage, it works for them. I see that in the current Miss Venezuela. Brazil has tons of stage presence but lacks facial beauty. Vietnam is edgy but the org might fail her to give all the tools necessary to make the top 15. Mongolia has pretty porcelain Asian features and has all the potential in the world.

Other Impressions:

Albania- I find her so vulgar. Every time I stare at her, she looks like she wants a ton of dicks in every hole of her body. It’s disgusting! Please somebody inject her with some class.

Australia- Very social media type of beauty and millenial cuteness. God help us!

Costa Rica- Not sold on her yet. Her body is amazing but she needs a better hair color to maximize her vixen look without looking milfy and worn out.

Ecuador- I’m iffy about her. I don’t know where I stand as of yet. Very confusing.

Mexico/Russia- In the ORANGE era, they were so consistent at placing every time the pageant was held in Las Vegas. I feel like they’re losing their mojos and need to revamp a different approach in their packaging.

Peru- Watching her very closely as she reminds me of myself as the Persian Goddess Claudia Lynx.

Spain- The most polarizing contestant this year will probably be etched in our minds forever. No matter what you feel and think about whether she has a place on the Miss Universe stage is completely on you. Like any individual, she is to be respected and be shown human decency. So, don’t take that away from her!

Thailand- Twin version of Miss International 2012 winner from Japan. It hurts my eyes looking at her. She could potentially end the streak.

Children of the world… now you know what’s on my mind. Share your current top 10. Do share my sweet punani cakes.
:-D

MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Re: HALFWAY MARK: Post your CURRENT top 10!

Postby chorr » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:45 am

Hello Mother B*tch. I am not sure if people have forgotten the havoc you have caused a couple of years ago but I miss your feistyness!

South Africa - the only winner material of the moment, and the only, ONLY obstruction to her victory is Demi. A waste.
Philippines - I would be very ecstatic if she wins. That will garner a strong buzz in the entirety of the pageant scene but if Olivia Jordan had to settle with a 2nd RU placement (which, IMO is slightly undeserved.. poor QA performance) then I think, as a MW alumna, she'll more or less will have the same fate. As always, the fans and the buzz and the engagement they bring with MUO all over internets will be her one of her strongest suit. So, I am not closing any doors of her victory. Plus, the recent trends are pointing to this top 2, no other girl will bring it come the season as this 2 girls would.
Spain - Love her or hate her, she will be up there. I thought she's a diamond in a rough, SHE NEEDS INTENSIVE TRAINING and a little tweak on her face. Reminds me so much of Miss Italy 2008.
Ecuador - the strongest miss Ecuador since 2013. I love her beauty although she tends to look mature at times.
USA - REFRESHING BEAUTY. After 2 years of WOC, a blonde beauty is something new plus her personality is very delightful. I would soften her body though, and GET HER A STYLIST. She needs a good dress please!

The rest of my top 10
Vietnam - now that Thailand screwed it up so bad, there is NO WAY for her to get robbed of a placement!
Japan - I want to give Hiroko a benefit of doubt. I think she and the trainers of Cat are gonna collab on her training.
Peru - a refreshing, soft, Peruvian beauty. One of the superbeauties who belong in the top tier in terms of facial beauty.
France - Not entirely sold on her, I think she suits MW more. But this is France, I think they'll make it.
Australia - Very Aussie , girl next door look. I heard she's also a good speaker.

Bubbles:
Costa Rica - SAME SENTIMENTS
Venezuela - She needs variety and something to make her stand out. Mariem Velasco could've been a more interesting MV.
El Salvador - Not sold on her face. Too harsh and unappealing.

Thailand might still make it. A new market prospect and rumors of interest in hosting might entice Paula to let her in and not break the streak.
Angola needs to have her teeth fixed, probably the best black girl yet.
Mexico - Lupita needs to stop. Seriously.
Brazil - not counting her out but IT PAINS ME TO THINK THAT WITH THE STRENGTH OF HER BATCH, AND SHE IS ALL THE ORG CAN MAKE DO.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby martin27 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Philippines
South Africa
Georgia
Nicaragua
Vietnam
Usa
El salvador
Czech republic
Panama
France

Spain....eeew no
martin27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: reading books,watching movies,petlover

Postby bootsguy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:24 pm

France
Georgia
Mauritius
Mexico
Nicaragua
Philippines
Russia
South Africa
Spain
USA

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby AUSTIN III » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Panama is very underrated, she'll go even further than Keity and Sheldry. Brazil and Thailand both have girls during national pageant that could have been runaway frontrunners but they rather send the darkhorses.

1. South Africa
2. Philippines

3. Ecuador
4. Panama
5. USA

6. Venezuela
7. Japan
8. France
9. Peru
10. Kyrgystan
AUSTIN III
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby Prissila » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:41 pm

1..Thailand!
Prissila
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Running Gym Beauty pageant

Postby Missus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Miss Universe 2018 - USA

The rest -

Peru
Australia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Philippines
South Africa
France
Vietnam
Spain
Missus

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1986
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: University lecturer
Hobbies/Interests: Politics and urban planning

Postby RodzMarco » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:14 pm

My Top 10 (These are based on how I think IMG would roll this year's competition, not how I want it to be, otherwise Japan and Australia would be in top 5 while Philippines would be the Winner and South Africa being 1st runner-up)

-=+=-

Miss Universe / Brazil - Mayra Dias
1st Runner-Up / Philippines - Catriona Gray
2nd Runner-Up / South Africa - Tamaryn Green
4th / USA - Sarah Rose Summers
5th / Vietnam - H'hen Nie

6th / Panama - Rosa Montezuma
7th / France - Maeva Coucke
8th / El Salvador - Marisela de Montecristo
9th / Australia - Francesca Hung
10th / Japan - Yuumi Kato

I don't see Mayra as fit to be the next Miss Universe as of current based on appearance and performance compared to Catriona, Tamaryn and Sarah, but between now and late 2018, there's quite a lot of time to make major improvements. So far, IMG has crowned countries that haven't won in many years, Philippines before winning in 2015 last winning in 1973, France before winning in 2016 last winning in 1953 and South Africa before winning last year winning in 1978. Brazil could be the next in that list because they last won a crown in 1968 (PH and FR years both end in 3, SA and BR both end in 8?) Also, IMG has been crowning girls from different continents starting in Asia in 2015, Europe in 2016 and Africa in 2018 so I'd say this year the win is going back to the Americas. Catriona as first runner up is what I can see happening (even though I want her to win), I can see a 2012 repeat where she gives the better answer but will end up too rehearsed which will overall give her the 1st Runner-Up spot. As far Tamaryn, I don't think IMG will give South Africa a back to back even if their representative was heaven in human form but at the most I could see her getting a 1st Runner-Up but I feel like she'll do well in the first Q&A and then falter in the next. Sarah I believe will perform better than Deshauna and Kara but will falter at the Q&A, but her personality could possibly save her. H'hen, I believe could make it to the Top 5, but due to language barriers will cause her to miss the Q&A. So she, Rosa and Maeva are easily interchangeable for each other's spots in the top 10.

Alternates:

Peru - A soft beauty. I could see her making the Top 16, and possibly the Top 10.
Spain - She will without a doubt make it into the Top 16 so IMG can stir some attention, but I believe with more training she'll make it to the Top 16 on fair terms and maybe further. IMG could still pull what they did to Miss Iraq last year though.
Thailand - If IMG decides to have another Popular/Internet Vote, I could see Thailand making it to the first round, and then possibly onto the Top 10 but that's a small chance for me.
Indonesia - For the same reasons as Thailand.
Venezuela - For the same reason as OP stated, even though she's over-produced, I see it working for her and possibly making the Top 10. Don't see her making anywhere further though.
Angola - I'm really loving her, and if there's the continental format this year I again, I can very much see her being chosen for Africa, and if she performs really well in swimsuit, Top 10.

So far, out of all the countries still waiting for a coronation, I believe only Haiti, Colombia, Jamaica, Greece, Argentina and the Dominican Republic can produce the contestants that can change my Top 10. I'm still hoping for Korea to crown someone with the same caliber as Honey Lee who could possibly win. That's my only dream... ^-^

Anyways, yeah, that's my opinion on the top 10, and if you don't agree with it please don't hate me. ;-;
RodzMarco
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Marco
Date of Birth: 03 Sep 2004
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dancing, Singing, Writing
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: As Stated Above
Message: Hello! As an avid beauty pageant enthusiast, I hope to become a member of this community!

Postby meow-meow » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:22 pm

My top 5 (in alphabetical order) :
1. Costa Rica
2. Ecuador
3. Mexico
4. Philippines
5. South Africa

The rest:
6. Brazil
7. Czech Republic
8. Kyrgyzstan
9. USA
10. Vietnam

* Don't get the hype with Peru. Similar to Claudia Lynx?! Where?!
meow-meow

Real Life Name/Nick: Μαριέλα
Date of Birth: 15 Dec 1985
Profession: ♚~Princess~♚
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, Animals, Food...anything cute and girly!

Postby Clorentine » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:26 pm

Well, I´m going to give my top with no specific order, so im gonna start with most popular

Philippines: Facially, awesome, speaking skills on point, she is the celebrity in the beauty pageant world, she is known by everybody and for good reasons, and bitch is fierce when she has to be, but sometimes i think that she is a little too beauty pageant, and her body is not that flattering
El Salvador: Marisela de Montecristo, great body, nice face, she is known in USA and some countries of Central America and she is known by some latino celebrities and she was prepared by Osmel Souza himself, she has a lot of facebook fans, but i think that she is not at the level of Catriona Gray in speaking skills (Spanish and English) and for me she doesn´t bring anything new, is like things that you expect from a Latina Girl
France: elegant, nice body, natural, amazing red hair, but if we talk about beauty, she is not at the level of previous winners in Miss France past editions, sometimes she can look a little bit too mature, and she looks better with more copper tone than the strawberrish blonde that she has now
South Africa: wow, stunning, she can overshine demi with a blink, Gorgeous face, great hair, nice body, good speaking skills, but i don´t anything else o f her, this the problem for me, apart of it, she physically to my opinion is the closest one to take the crown
USA: Nice face, ok body, height doesn´t matter, different type of queen if we talk about attitude in the scenario, she is very bubbly and a breath of fresh air, but, i´m afraid she is not miss universe material, she is in my top only because she is from USA, if she were from other country, like Iceland, people wouldn´t pay that attention to her
Vietnam: striking body, different look, she is very edgy, nice catwalk, i think that she definitely brings new things to miss universe, facially she is not that strong , but i can see she is not the typical Vietnamese girl with bleached skin, thing that i love, but aside of that, i don´t know anything more of her, or speaking skills
Russia: Violetta Tyurkina, if we talk about this girl, her most notorious flaw is that in motion she is not that great, but in photos she is fantastic because she has a lot potential, she speaks several languages including Spanish, which can be an advantage for her, she is rich, well educated and with nice face and nice body, i hope she can put more attitude to her preparation
Peru: Inca beauty, tall, nice body, great hair, beautiful skin color, nice speaking skills, i think that she can be a contender for the crown, but, is she better than Priscilla Howard or Valeria Piazza?, i don´t think so or i don´t know, i think that she is like Miss el Salvador, the classic good contestant of latin America who can be competitive but not enough to impress the judges
Ecuador: again, tall, great body, nice hair, nice face, beautiful skin, her mishap or weakness are speaking skills, she might improve that but not in million years you can be competition for the master in that area, Miss Catriona Gray, and she had failed to even classify or take the crown in other major or minor competitions because of it
Costa Rica: my girl, incredible body, nice face, great speaking skills, great personality, intelligent, charismatic, vast experience in live tv, handles the cameras perfectly, she is the best winner since Johanna Solano, she is not the typical contestant of Costa Rica (her coronation was fair and square, that rarely happens in Miss Costa Rica), she is the been there, done that, in her first beauty pageant experience which was Miss Eco International, she won and she was not even close to the woman that she is now, she knows were to improve herself and she knows the key aspects in the middle of a competition and she is extremely competitive, so she preparing herself even more, but her weakness is her sash, and her styling sometimes, i think she has to find the perfect balance for her hair and makeup (good she took away that blonde shade) and she has to be more striking consistent, and the biggest fail of every miss Costa Rica, the mothefucker EVENING GOWN, i don´t why the organization always have a terrible taste in that, or sometimes the girls, that damaged the opportunity of Johana Solano to be part of the top 5

Close to it
Panama: my second favorite girl from central america, she represents a minority who suffers discrimination in Panama, a lot of people were happy for her coronation, others were not and tried to bash her only cuz she is ngabe bugle, she is beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, her weakness is her lack of stage presence (she was overshadowed by Solaris Barba every single time) and she has to tone her body with a lot of exercise, and i don´t know anything about her english speaking skills
Georgia; So beautiful
Nicaragua: great face, nice body, she is working with Venezuelans in Miami for her preparation, she has been working in several social causes in her country, ok ish speaking skills, i don´t know but she gives me Marina Jacoby vibes, they looked great but they don´t what it takes to snatch the competition
Czech Republic: Great face, wow, is so beautiful and commercial, she can be the face of any cosmetic publicity, nice body, but, Does she has the attitude and the full package? i don´t know, i think that most of european girls relay on their gorgeous faces only, and she could be the example of it
Venezuela and Brasil: Power House and big house of Latin America, from far, similar beauties, but closer, different, Venezuela is very young, body is perfect, but her face looks botched, and Brazil has not that great body (a little to masculine) but her face is naturally beautiful
Mexico: Denisse Franco 2.0
Thailand; i don´t give a f**k if she is that great in the bank industry in Thailand, that crown should have been of Vena, not her, i´m sorry, she is here because she is from Thailand, and she is smart, but nothing else
SPAIN: Only because she is the first transgender at Miss Universe, but i don´t find her that great, Andrea de las Heras should had been the winner

Other Girls
Kirghistan and Kazakhstan, they are gorgeous, but they look like twins for me, i can give any opinion on them because i don´t anything about them
Albania: great for Playboy
Bolivia: Nice Body
Clorentine
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: My hobbies
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Boss people around
Message: Im here to criticize haha, thats what you all do right!!??

Postby Southern Lad » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:43 am

my top ten so far...

1. Philippines
2. South Africa
3. Nicaragua
4. USA
5. France
6. Australia
7. Ecuador
8. Mexico
9. Peru
10. Vietnam
MISS PHILIPPINES WISHLIST

Samantha Lo | Diana Mackey | Alaiza Malinao | Kim Jones | Gazini Ganados

Southern Lad

Date of Birth: 22 Dec 1985
Profession: Beauty Banker
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Postby Pancanew » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 am

1. South Africa
2. Philippines
3. Spain
4. Costa Rica
5. USA

6. Peru
7. Vietnam
8. Brazil
9. France
10. Mexico

In my opinion, it is one of the weakest batches so far in recent years :|

I hope it changes with the upcoming contestants
Pancanew
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Panca New
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: .
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby alex sivixay » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 am

Honestly My hotpicks can change everyday because now I base the ranking on the photos from Instagram feeds because it is very up to date and I will say this MISS UNIVERSE HAS NOT YET CROWNED so I am eyeing on Jamaica,DR,PT,India,Ukraine
1.Vietnam
2.Costa Rica
3.Spain
4.Czech Republic
5.South Africa

6.Ecuador
7.USA
8.France
9.Peru
10.Philippines
alex sivixay
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby ccccc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 am

1. Philippines [-O< [-O< [-O< 2. Nicaragua 3. Peru 4. South Africa 5. Brazil 6. Venezuela 7. Ecuador 8. USA 9.Costa Rica 10. Reserved
ccccc
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 30 Sep 2018
Profession: Quality Management
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: xxxxx

Postby JaninaCruz-Vega » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Prissila wrote:1..Thailand!

JaninaCruz-Vega

Real Life Name/Nick: Janina Vega
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1985
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: strutting the catwalk

Postby BeautyBeach » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Miss Universe 2018: THAILAND
1st runner-up: USA
2nd runner-up: SOUTH AFRICA

Top 5:
VENEZUELA
RUSSIA

Top 10:
SPAIN
JAPAN
INDONESIA
PERU
BRAZIL
Can't wait for Miss Universe 2020 in Hollywood, Florida on 16 May 2021!
BeautyBeach

Location: Forbes Park, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Most beautiful & kindest person on Missosology
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, sunbathing and being gorgeous!
Message: I LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU, I REALLY DO! PROUD TO BE FILIPINO!!

Postby missofan705 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Philippines, USA, South Africa, Ecuador, El Salvador, Venezuela, Vietnam, Panama, Costa Rica and France.

A 2012 or 2015 scenario might happen. But I'll go with 2015.
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby missofan705 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Pancanew wrote:
1. South Africa
2. Philippines
3. Spain
4. Costa Rica
5. USA

6. Peru
7. Vietnam
8. Brazil
9. France
10. Mexico

In my opinion, it is one of the weakest batches so far in recent years :|

I hope it changes with the upcoming contestants

I beg to disagree. Only Asia is getting weaker that's why the impression that this batch is the weakest. The Latin group is one of the strongest in years, but I personally think an Asian leads the pack :)>-
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Hmmmmmm, still waiting for a lot of countries but I was very disappointed after the results from last weekend because many girls who didn't win could've made my major favorites but that's clearly not the case. I'm still waiting for other countries and I'm hoping they can surprise me by coming out of nowhere with great representative but from the current contestants here are my Top 10 in alphabetical order:

Angola I need more strong WOCs in this edition! I'm looking towards caribbean countries and other african countries to provide this but Angola is in the lead of WOCs for me for now, she's underrated and has a beautiful smile and complexion. A quintessential African beauty who I can see being the next Mary Esther Were/Ruth Quashie.
Brazil She's growing on me more and more, she may not be facially the best but she's competitive. Her body is amazing and her stage presence is out of this world. And its not like she's ugly, she's beautiful but her body and presence are more beautiful than her face. She also has a lot of personality and warmth which the selection committee will love and she will be a force to be reckoned with. Her styling could be improved a tad but still a contender for sure.
Ecuador I have been a fan of Virginia since her Miss World days and she looks even more beautiful now. Her walk, her presence, her face are all gorgeous. She doesn't need much training she just needs to find the perfect styling, especially with her hair; like I said in her OT I'd love to see her with Desiré Cordero like styling in Miss Universe 2014 because they kinda look alike but with Virginia's effortless beauty, the slight highlights and curly hair will make her beauty and presentation look very easy and effortless. Maybe the most facially beautiful Miss Ecuador ever and I can see her winning the crown.
El Salvador She is exotic, stunning, intelligent, great on stage, just the complete package. She has come such a long way since NBL and looks better than ever before, the strongest Miss El Salvador ever and I think we will see them in a place we have never seen them before.
France The only reason she's in here is because I needed to put a European in. Maeva has faded a lot and comes across as quite cold and frail to me. Europe for the most part has been terrible at understanding what IMGs criteria is and even though Iris won the crown in 2016, she will probably be the last European Miss Universe for a while if things continue this way and France just didn't get it this year. I doubt there will be any sort of blackout under IMGs but I will not be surprised if there's not a single European in the Top 10. Hopefully the other European countries will send someone a bit stronger.
Panama Panama hit the nail on the head this year, Rosa may be my favorite Latina this year, her beauty is so different but stunning and her Pocahontas styling will surely standout. She also has a great story and is the complete package. Panama's new team is excellent at training their girls and I am excited to see how she evolves and I expect her to be in the Top 10 at least.
Philippines I really think Philippines is going to win again this year, I had the same feeling with Pia, Iris and Demi long before the contest and I am now having this feeling with Catriona. The reason I think this is not only is she stunning and has an extremely strong sash; Philippines also has a huge fan base in Miss Universe every year. I also think Catriona herself is very well known in the pageant world and the selection committee if all "pageant experts/former contestants" like they were at Miss USA will probably know who she is and know how she was heavily favored to win Miss World and lost and that Miss Universe will be her redemption. She has also improved tremendously since then and her styling at her national pageant was perfect. Although she could use some small improvements with her body, the question is; I don't know how she's going to Top her national pageant performance; especially in evening gown.
South Africa The other major favorite and I really think Catriona and Tamaryn are going to be the next Pia/Ariadna where Philippines wins and the country that won the year before is the first runner up. She's the complete package, is so smart, kind, stunning, the epitome of what IMG is looking for. Although I will be honest and say I prefer Demi (that's also sentimental to me because I knew she'd go far when I first saw her Miss SA headshot), Tamaryn is just impeccable and has no major flaw. Definitely the major frontrunner as of now and I have very high expectations for her. I just don't know if she'll be able to do a back to back win but if DC did it in Miss USA under IMG, I don't see why South Africa can't do it as well.
USA My favorite Miss USA in a while, Sarah is not only gorgeous but she's so much fun to follow and has so much personality. For me, she's the best Miss USA since Olivia Culpo. While I don't see her as a Miss Universe, her beauty is very warm and her personality is even warmer. Her performance at Miss USA was incredible and she knows how to compete. I even think she has already been improving since she won Miss USA, she is so confident I can see her either stopping at Top 10 or having a Shandi Finnessey type finish at Miss Universe.
Vietnam She may not be the most natural beauty or the prettiest but she is unforgettable and one of the best Asians this year. Her look is so different and she stands out, her presence is amazing and her oratory is apparently amazing. She also has a great story...needless to say I think Vietnam will be having their second placement this year at Miss Universe exactly ten years after their first one. H'Hen is very impressive and her wardrobe is always incredible. I'm excited to see how she brings it at Miss Universe!

The remainder of the Top 15:

Australia She needs to work on her styling but she's very pretty without makeup and is very charismatic, she's just not there yet but I see her placing.
Costa Rica Competitive and great body and a great speaker but her styling is incredibly inconsistent.
Mexico She needs a lot of training if she wants to make the semifinals, especially in oratory/personality. The beauty is there and her look is there but she lacks impact and as of now, I can easily see her getting lost in a sea of beauties at Miss Universe.
Peru Pretty, competitive, and very warm and friendly and I think Jessica Newton understands what IMG is looking for, BUT she needs to be more versatile, she only stands out when she's smiling which makes her seem approachable, but she needs to work on that. I almost put her in my Top 10.
Venezuela She's improving but her beauty is still very manufactured and plastic but I think under the new leadership of Miss Venezuela, they're trying to make her a little more natural and I see improvements. I still see her clapping though!

Other Possibilities:

Japan The potential is there she just needs some polishing, she's one of the better Asians this year.
Nicaragua She's pretty and has a lot of potential but in this group of girls she gets lost so far.
Russia Now Violetta could be another finalist from Europe and her interview will obviously be way better than the typical Miss Russia but her stage presence isn't the best and her teeth need some fixing too.
Spain ONLY because she's transgender and the judges may put her in because of that, I find her beauty and styling tacky and her personality is dull.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby SGA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm

I think, so far; these girls have the strongest chance to enter the top 15 (no particular order):

Vietnam, Ecuador, Costa Rica, France, Mexico, Phillipines, USA and Czech Rep (Czechia)
SGA

Date of Birth: 22 May 1993
Profession: :)
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: :)(:):

Postby Pageanaticz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:44 am

Albania- I find her so vulgar. Every time I stare at her, she looks like she wants a ton of dicks in every hole of her body. It’s disgusting! Please somebody inject her with some class. This =;)) =;)) =;))

Here's mine;

1. Philippines
2. South Africa
3. Venezuela
4. Australia
5. Panama
6. USA
7. France
8. Brazil
9. Malaysia
10. Vietnam
Pageanaticz
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jay
Date of Birth: 15 Feb 1984
Profession: Consumer Relations Officer
Hobbies/Interests: Everything

Postby Prissila » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:04 am

JaninaCruz-Vega wrote:

[mg]
Prissila

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty
Hobbies/Interests: Running Gym Beauty pageant

Postby soledad » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:04 am

El Salvador
Philippines
Australia
Costa Rica
Georgia
South Africa
Mexico
Peru
USA
Spain
Last edited by soledad on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby Neonic » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:14 am

I haven´t seen too much about the girls, but i'll take a sneak peek of the current candidates to know more about them and to see what they have to present us this year

My current top 10 is

Angola
Brazil
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Nicaragua
Panama
Philippines
South Africa
Usa
Vietnam
Neonic

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2017
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Space Tourism, Traveling, Saxo.

Postby poker_man » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:37 am

I haven't followed national pageants for quite some time now but I think this batch is very interesting. As much as fans bashed IMG for including girls who aren't the usual Miss Universe package, they really made it more thrilling with the chosen delegates and the playing field seems to be equal for all. So many surprises each year and it makes the semifinals reveal even more exciting. I only have seven girls so far, who I think are in the running to become the next Miss Universe.

South Africa - She is the strongest candidate this year. There's no doubt that she delivered the best package so far. I am not a fan of back-to-back wins but this one might happen. I still see IMG exploring more options but the thing with Demi and Tamaryn is that they do not look alike, unlike how it was for Dayana and Stefania, as well as the almost back-to-back, Paulina and Ariadna, where they are almost clones when it comes to the packaging. The only thing that she has to work on is her personality. It has to shine in the final round. With the three years of IMG, they made Colombia place in the Top 3 all the time. Having a South African titleholder will not hold back Tamaryn in clinching the crown.

Philippines - Catriona is the pageant contestant who wants to win so bad that she is ready to destroy all competition. In her interviews, you can sense it in her how she has played her cards right so far and that she is not going to surrender. I think she has prepared so much for this pageant and she will not disappoint come finals night. The only obstacle she is facing is if she can sustain all the hype, everyone has their eyes on her since she applied in her national pageant. Her biggest challenge is to really keep everyone wanting more.

USA - Sarah's personality reminds me so much of Miss USA Brook Lee, who eventually won Miss Universe 1997. When it comes to the package, Sarah is above average, she tends to look amateurish in presentation, but she is really very lovable. This is the kind of contestant who can win just by personality alone, she does not even need to give a smart or intelligent answer to win the judges' hearts. She really needs to polish her evening gown presentation to be able to make it to Top 5.

Mexico - Andrea has the makings of a telenovela star. Her facial features are so soft and endearing. The only problem is that she tends to be packaged the same way Lupita Jones has packaged the dozens of Mexican titleholders in the past. She has to put her A game this time especially since the girls who are so good at presentation skills do not always get in. Comparing her to previous titleholders, she is an upgrade from Kristal Silva and is the closest to the level of Ximena if we are to rank every Mexican girl after Miss Universe 2010.

Czech Republic - Believe me, Czech girls have been out of my radar for a decade now. They have been the same, exuding the fiercest presence on photos, but falling flat during the prelims. It seems like Lea is trying to reverse the curse this time around, she has one of the most beautifu faces this year and she seems to have so much ferocity in her, she reminds me of Ukrainian girls during the Trump era. What she needs to do is to stand out in the interviews, IMG seems to have chosen girls who will have so much stage presence once the Top 15 is called, remember the brief interview spots when Steve calls the girls one by one? That is a big factor.

Ecuador - This country rarely shines in the Miss Universe pageant. However, Virginia is ahead of the pack when it comes to presentation. Her eyebrows tend to be very distracting at times, but she knows how to project and she is a pro in this game. She looks so fresh this time around, she just blossomed and continues to surprise with every new look. Her biggest weakness is her sash, IMG or Trump era, it still is a huge factor, especially for Latin American countries. Last year, the Americas who placed were Canada, USA, Colombia, Brazil and Venezuela. If all these countries bring their A game this year, no matter how Virginia prepares, she will have a hard time entering the semifinals. I hope she really puts a good fight and sneak in the semis with her performance.

Russia - With the demise of the so-called Trump picks, the likes of Ukraine, Russia, Czech Republic have faltered in recent years. Yulia has a big challenge to overcome. However, she is very prepared, and she does not come across as the ice cold Russian goddess that we are used to, she has this very sweet and innocent look to her that may spice up the competition. Last year, it wasn't all about fierceness. Girls like Great Britain and Thailand both made the cut and they weren't overly fierce, they had that very 'sweet' image that IMG seems to be fond of as well.
Last edited by poker_man on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby niagaraboy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:39 am

MOCHA wrote:Jeoseph Pazion Diego
1 hr ·
What are the rules to participate in the Miss UNIVERSE pageant previously owned by Donald Trump now by the modelling agency based in Newy York IMG ?
Answer
Follow · 8
Request

1 Answer
Neha Kumari
Neha Kumari, lived in London
Answered Dec 21, 2016
I’m aware of the following rules ! If you are planning to be a next Miss Universe 2018, All the best!

1 Girl should be inhabitant/resident at least of their country.

2 Between 18 years – 27 years– Height 5.5″ & above. Have to present proof of age, sex original document when they were born for that there are different options, like a valid passport, birth certificate, school leaving certificate or driver’s license.

3 She should not be married been married, pregnant or a parent.

4 She or her immediate family should not be related to any person employed by the Organisers or Sponsors (a detailed list is given below the form, under Terms and Conditions).

5 She should be a natural-born female and not had a sex change.

6 She should not be under any commercial contract with any modeling agency at the time of appearing for the auditions.

7 Once she is shortlisted, she cannot be a part of any other commercial contract or pageant.

8 She should not have participated before in miss universe and won a title in this pageant in any year.

8.7k Views · View Upvoters
Upvote · 5

RecommendedAll
Sabrina Atadi

1 Answer Collapsed (Why?)
Related Questions

Participating countries should strictly adhere, 2 things a Transgender person will cause dysqualification if you are born natural man, your born sex and age and born name. Like if you are born Angelo Ponce with age of 29 and male chromosome xy , now you can fraud it to Angela Ponce with age 27 , fraud and sex is TRANSGENDERED. She frauded 3 things her name sex and age. Yes they can wim their national pageant but they have to send any of the runners up or anyone who was in the netional to represent Miss Spain 2018 to Miss Universe 2018 to be held to any Islands, commonwealth or properties of the Richest country " The Republic Of The Philippines " . IMG Paula Shugart / BBPilipinas Charities Stella Araneta the venue holder and owner.We’re already halfway done and there’s been a lot of disappointments so far. At this time, post your current top 10 so I can see a consensus on who are the main front-runners, dark horses and silent underdogs.

Current Top 10

1. Philippines
2. South Africa
3. USA
4. El Salvador
5. Panama

6. France
7. Venezuela
8. Brazil
9. Vietnam
10. Cambodia

The top 2 is interchangeable and way out front in this year’s edition based on what I’ve seen so far. Facially speaking, I find Gray/Greene tandem to be superior and more universally appealing than Pia and Demi and I’ve seen those winners up close and personal. If both of them make the top 5/3 or win, they would make history in pageantry in record-setting. The only downfall I’m seeing is that the winners are very current and I think they want to spread the wealth. My instinct tells me that they’re looking for a country that hasn’t won in a long time or willing to crown a first timer. I’m seeing 3 countries that could spoil both of them. USA reps in Miss Universe have not been well-received internationally because they tend to ONLY do well when the pageant is held at home. But when it is outside the US, they’re very inconsistent. And the last time I was impressed with a Miss USA based on beauty and performance alone was Shandi and that was outside US soil. I only like USA on her name alone as it sounds fun and sunny. Her greatest asset when she’s on stage is her naturalness and fun attitude. El Salvador is very underrated. There’s something special about her and I hope she’s prepared extensively by her team. Panama is so striking. She’s an exotic version of THE Supermodel Cindy Crawford mixed with Asian and Latin flavors rolled into one. France has a lot of facial beauty in her. It’s just not found yet. The org should polish her into a 40’s movie star bombshell Rita Hayworth. I’ve been wrong with past MV queens like Mariana Jimenez and Keysi Sayago even though they aren’t my cup of tea. They are over-produced but when you actually see them up close or perform on stage, it works for them. I see that in the current Miss Venezuela. Brazil has tons of stage presence but lacks facial beauty. Vietnam is edgy but the org might fail her to give all the tools necessary to make the top 15. Mongolia has pretty porcelain Asian features and has all the potential in the world.

Other Impressions:

Albania- I find her so vulgar. Every time I stare at her, she looks like she wants a ton of dicks in every hole of her body. It’s disgusting! Please somebody inject her with some class.

Australia- Very social media type of beauty and millenial cuteness. God help us!

Costa Rica- Not sold on her yet. Her body is amazing but she needs a better hair color to maximize her vixen look without looking milfy and worn out.

Ecuador- I’m iffy about her. I don’t know where I stand as of yet. Very confusing.

Mexico/Russia- In the ORANGE era, they were so consistent at placing every time the pageant was held in Las Vegas. I feel like they’re losing their mojos and need to revamp a different approach in their packaging.

Peru- Watching her very closely as she reminds me of myself as the Persian Goddess Claudia Lynx.

Spain- The most polarizing contestant this year will probably be etched in our minds forever. No matter what you feel and think about whether she has a place on the Miss Universe stage is completely on you. Like any individual, she is to be respected and be shown human decency. So, don’t take that away from her!

Thailand- Twin version of Miss International 2012 winner from Japan. It hurts my eyes looking at her. She could potentially end the streak.

Children of the world… now you know what’s on my mind. Share your current top 10. Do share my sweet punani cakes.
niagaraboy

Real Life Name/Nick: Jose Passione
Profession: Beauty Expert
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant

Postby JaninaCruz-Vega » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Prissila wrote:
JaninaCruz-Vega wrote:

[mg]

JaninaCruz-Vega

Real Life Name/Nick: Janina Vega
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1985
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: strutting the catwalk

Postby torything » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Philippines
USA
South Africa
Australia
Panama
El Salvador
Vietnam
Nicaragua
Brazil
Costa Rica

“Beauty is the purest feeling of the soul. Beauty arises when soul is satisfied.”
torything

Real Life Name/Nick: Tory
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Music, Literature & Beauty Pageants

Postby sleuth08 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm

1. PHILIPPINES - THE FAVORITE TO WIN THE TITLE
2. SOUTH AFRICA - POSSIBLE BACK TO BACK WIN
3. USA - HOME TOWN FAVORITE
4. BRAZIL - CONSISTENT SINCE 2011 AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO
5. VENEZUELA - ANOTHER HOT FAVORITE
6. THAILAND - IF MISS UNIVERSE INCLUDES A FAN VOTE, FOR SURE SHE WILL PLACE
7. SPAIN - ONLY BECAUSE HER STORY ABOUT BEING A TRANSGENDER
8. MEXICO - FOR POSSIBLE POLITICAL REASONS
9. COSTA RICA - HER MISS ECO MIGHT HELP HER PLACE
10. CHINA - AGAIN FOR POLITICAL REASONS
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby meow-meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Bump! Let us know your current top 10!
meow-meow

Real Life Name/Nick: Μαριέλα
Date of Birth: 15 Dec 1985
Profession: ♚~Princess~♚
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, Animals, Food...anything cute and girly!

Next

Return to Miss Universe