UNOLOGY Season 2: UPDATED- Complete TEAM ASIA Universe 2012

UNOLOGY Season 2: UPDATED- Complete TEAM ASIA Universe 2012

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 am

<:-P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

After being busy from summer break here in Europe and after being way too busy after the break with loads of work, UNOLOGY is here back in good shape and ready to give you a weekly issue about the colorful world of pageantry.

Firstly, I am pleased to welcome Miss Universe 10000 B.C. Now that she's back, expect fireworks here in Missosology.

Now, let's go back to business.

This is the 18th Issue of Unology on my 2nd Season and my mind tells me to write something about this year's Miss Universe 2012 TEAM ASIA.

As the God of ASIA, it is within my jurisdiction to present to the whole wide universe this year's Asian Miss Universe candidates prior to their arrival in Vegas.

I have this BIG QUESTION in mind, WILL IT BE AN ASIAN THIS YEAR?

Well, it is interesting this year as Miss World crowned their winner earlier than Miss Universe.

Looking back at the history, in 1994, Miss Universe crowned India (Sushmita Sen), and Miss World crowned another Indian (Aishwarya Rai). After 6 years, it happened again when Lara Dutta again from India won the Miss Universe 2000 title in Cyprus and months after, Miss World crowned Priyanka Chopra also from India.

It was never an issue for Miss World to crown a country that had recently won a Miss Universe title.

Just a month ago, Miss World crowned an Asian in the person of Miss China- Wen Xia Yu.

Will Miss Universe allowed what had happen from the past to happen again, its just that this time, it is Miss Universe's call to make?

Or Miss Universe will never allow following Miss World's trend and instead chose another country to be crowned? Hmmmmm... :hx :hx :hx

Well, speculations may run through our heads but who knows, both Miss World and Miss Universe crowned Asian in 2007- Miss Universe (Japan- Riyo Mori) & MW (China - Zhang Zilin).

China won again this year at Miss World (also in their home turf just like 2007).
Who knows maybe Japan will be crowned again this year as Miss Universe just like in 2007.
(Riyo Mori was crowned in a North American/Central American country of Mexico, now Miss Universe will be in another North/Central American country United States).

Well, looking at the statistics,
*Africa just won last year from Angola - Leila Lopes.

*Central America/Caribbean last won in 2010 which is 2 years ago via Miss Mexico, Ximena Navarrete.

*North America had it in 2005 via Natalie Glebova, Canada.

*South America on the other hand had it last in 2009 via a back to back victory from Venezuela, Stafania Fernandez and Dayana Mendoza (2008).

*Europe is in complete drought as it was in 2002 when they last got the crown via Oxana Federova from Russia but lost it after few months as she was dethroned. And to trail back the history, it is legit to say that Norway had it last via Mona Grudt in 1990. That was a back to back European win as in 1989, Miss Holland (Netherlands) Angela Visser won Miss Universe.

*And of course ASIA, as mentioned above, was crowned 5 years back via Riyo Mori from Japan in 2007.

So who is next then for this year?
Keeping my fingers crossed for ASIA! :hx :hx :hx

So who's who is expected to rise above the rest in this year's Miss Universe.
Here is my take to Team Asia 2012 two months before the finals.

CHINA - Diana Xu

Diana Xu was crowned Miss Universe China 2012 at the Shanghai Grand Theatre, Shanghai on September 1, 2012. She is 22 years old and stands 1.80 m.

Diana is not a first timer as she was the second runner-up of Miss China 2010 whose winner competed in Miss World 2010. Her win caused some bad reactions to pageant fanatics saying that this girl is nowhere near from last year's winner.

Some says that they are generally not in favor of choosing a girl just because she's tall as there were several other more beautiful girls in the competition.

Even when I saw her during the finals, I felt like what had happen. I was expecting much with Miss Universe China this year as Miss World 2012 is from China and after last year's placement of Roseline Luo Zilin, I thought they will be crowning a real headturner.

Definitely, Diana will need all the smoke and mirrors that she can get... but she will surely have the best preparation team that money can buy so, let's wait until December to see how that went.

Those who believe that height is might, indeed China is taking it seriously.
And if Miss Universe will play "politics", I guess Trump can play his card very well as he knows how boom China's economy today and penetrating inside China will help Donald Trump to expand his empire.

Imagine, Donald hired Yue-Sai Kan, a household name in China, an Emmy-winning television producer, entrepreneur, fashion icon, bestselling author and humanitarian to be the National Director of Miss Universe China.

If Donald is thinking of a long term plan for his business, it is very wise for Donald to align himself with someone that is already powerful and capable of making wonders in Mainland China.

Mark my word, CHINA is very close in having it's very first Miss Universe crown and it is not impossible because China is C.H.I.N.A. and sooner or later everything in this world as they say will all be Made in China and so as Miss Universe. (just kidding) :hx :hx :hx

Dell, Iphone and all those big companies are all moving to China and US hasn't recovered yet from crisis brought by recession.

And just like what I mentioned above, Miss China Organization will do their best as they have the resources to bring out the best in Diana. Maybe it is part of their strategy to stay off the radar for the meantime unlike last year when Roseline won, it was like a tidal wave and created so much buzz and fuss. Let's see the firecrackers China will bring this year at Miss Universe stage.

INDIA - Urvashi Rautela NO MORE, Shilpa Singh REPLACING her.

Urvashi Rautela was crowned Miss Universe India 2012 at the final I AM She 2012 beauty pageant at the Leonia Holistic Destination, Hyderabad, India on Friday night, September, 21st 2012. She is 18 years old and stands 1,75m.

Finally, Sushmita crowned a worthy candidate to wear the Indian Sash come Miss Universe this December.

From 2010 until 2011, people were already losing hope from I AM SHE which is being manage by no less than miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen, as they crowned a back to back clapper at Miss Universe.

I was already asking if Sushmita's parameter in choosing her winner is "backdated/outdated/passe'/obsolete" or maybe she is thinking that Miss Universe is just like from her era that all they need is to send an intelligent representative and the rest will follow.

The current winner reminds me of Miss India Universe 2007, Puja Gupta who in fact is the last Indian representative to place at Miss Universe. I also see Yukta Mooley (Miss World 1999) in her beacuse of her cheek bones.

Will she end the drought for India this year by sending someone with similar beauty?

Well, the fact that she is beautiful speaks for it self I guess.

She is very young which is an edge, and an upgrade from last year's winner.

I think she has to focus on her projections, her walk, styling and the way she smiles. Otherwise, I think Sushmita is sending someone that can really bring back the glory to India.

...But as what had happen yesterday, Shilpa Singh, an Indian model, beauty queen and the 1st runner-up of I Am She - Miss Universe India 2012 is now India's new representative.

Urvashi Rautela was replaced by Shilpa Singh, the 1st runner-up of I Am She 2012 and originally scheduled to compete at Miss Globe International 2013 pageant due to Urvashi further acknowledges and agrees that she did not confirm the minimum age criteria as required under the I am She pageant as well as the Miss Universe pageant.

Is India on the right track this time with this action?

If Urvashi did not confirm the minimum age criteria, why did they let her join I am She 2012 in the first place?

Is this a strategy to make fuss about Miss India just like of Jenna Talackova and Venus Raj?

What will happen to Urvashi? Will she be guaranteed to represent India next year or will she be just wasted?

Will Shilpa bring back the glory of India?
A lot of questions popped up but only time can tell what will be the fate of India this year.

PHILIPPINES - Janine Mari Tugonon

Philippines is now tagged as the new powerhouse in Asia and had been successful in the last 2 years after having a back to back Top5 finish at Miss Universe (Venus Raj, 2010 4th RU & Shamcey Supsup, 2011 3rd RU).

Indeed, a huge responsibility and expectations are all pointing to Miss Universe Philippines 2012 bet, Miss Janine Mari Tugonon.

Janine is no stranger to the Binibining Pilipinas pageant as she placed first runner-up in last year’s competition, which was won by Shamcey Supsup, her roommate. I myself was one of her critic during the Binibining Pilipinas season and had been vocal that I don't see her as a good successor of Shamcey.

But as days passed, Janine is slowly growing to each and everyone's heart. We all see that glitter of hope and indeed she is improving day by day.

Few months back, Queenierich Rehman represented the Philippines from Miss World 2012 and managed to place in the finals at ranked 8 overall beating the goddess Miss Mexico and other beautiful Latinas and Europeans.

Just 2 weeks ago, Elaine Moll bagged 3rd Runner Up placement at the Miss Supranational held in Poland.
Philippines is on for a good start and will Janine continue Philippine's luck this year?

I am hoping that the 8 months preparation will work on her benifit and hopefully give a stellar performance so that Philippines can continue it's winning streak at Miss Universe. High Hopes for the Philippines indeed.

JAPAN - Ayako Hara

A stunning model in the person of Ayako Hara was crowned Miss Universe Japan 2012 and is considered as one of the best from Asia to date. Well, I love every single inch and iota about her. Beautywise, she is prettier than Riyo Mori and watching her Miss Universe Japan performance, I can clearly say that there is something special about this girl. Truthfully I can see a Kurara-vibe in her but let's see if she will also bring a samurai to spice up the competition.

Looking back at the recent performances of Japan for the last 10 years, I must say that Japan was never afraid of experimenting and discovering what something NEW can they contribute in the plate until they finally hit the mark and earned them their 2nd Miss Universe crown after 38 long years.

Think of Miyako's bra-top gown in 2003 and Yukari Kuzuya's 'streetwear' styled gown in 2005 that was speculated by her fans that her exclusion in the top 15 was attributed with that.

Japan also managed to represent a Japanese woman as modern, edgy and fierce. They changed the old impression of people about Japanese women to be timid and shy to fiesty, rich looking and competitive. Kurara Ichibana's warrior costume is one of the best representation on how a woman can evolve.

Then of course, here comes Riyo Mori who was unstoppable during her stint.

What are my expectations for Ayako?

Maybe yes, Japan lost its momentum after 2008, but I know they will manage to bring back that sassy Japanese charm on stage via Ayako Hara.

Just like what I've said earlier, will it be a repeat from 2007, China and Japan both winning Miss World and Miss Universe crown respectively?

THAILAND - Farida Waller

Thailand's bet for this year's Miss Universe is a half Thai-Austrian was born beauty who was raised in Krabi, Thailand named Farida Waller.

For a change, Thailand is now venturing in sending someone that dont look like very Asian. At first when I saw Miss Thailand and Miss Malaysia, I thought they were sisters as they have the same aura and vibe. But I like Farida's beauty than of Kimberly (Miss Universe Malaysia). I can also see Marian Rivera in her (famous half Filipina/half Spanish actress in the Philippines).

Is Thailand sending a strong candidate thin year? I can say YES!

I already saw her most recent photos and I like her styling and she is working on her angles now. I am happy to see that she is very prepared and ready for December. :hx :hx :hx

Remember that the last placement Thailand had was in 2007 via Farung Yuthithum who made it in the Top 15.Other than that, Thailand is consistently bagging special awards like Best National Costume in 2008 (Gavintra Photijak), Miss Photogenic in 2009 (Chutima Durongdej) and bagging both Miss Photogenic & Best National Costume in 2010 (Fonthip Watcharatrakul).

Last year was a total black out, will this be another fruitful year for Thailand?

MALAYSIA - Kimberly Leggett

Kimberley Ann Estrop-Leggett, of British-Serani was crowned as the successor of Deborah Henry as Miss Malaysia Universe 2012.

I commend their National Director Andrea Fonseka for being very supportive and trying to elevate Miss Universe Malaysia in the international arena. Well, being Miss Malaysia Universe 2004, it is an advantage for Andrea to know what the demand is, and without sacrificing the authenticityof a true Malaysian beauty, since she came in 2010 to take over the organization, a huge change was made and the world saw that.

With Kimberly now as their flag bearer, I will bluntly say that I am not really a fan of her beauty as compared to Deborah Henry but who knows, maybe come December we will be able to see her transformation. Facially she is beautiful beacuse she is of British descent. She looks like an ordinary Eurasian to me but let's see if her features will work on their advantage.

Looking back at the history, it was only in 1970 via Josephine Lena Wong Jaw Leng that Malaysia got its highest placement ever at Miss Universe.

KAZAKHSTAN - Aynur Toleuova

A young Central Asian beauty from Taldykorgan was crowned Miss Kazakhstan 2011 by Zhanna Zhumaliyeva (Miss Kazakhstan 2010 and Miss World Top Model 2011) during the national beauty contest Miss Kazakhstan at the InterContinental Almaty Hotel in Almaty, on December 6, 2011. She is Aynur Toleuova.

I know my friend Shaymin is an avid fan of her beauty, but as for me, she is a miss from Kazakhstan. Even last year's representative, I felt like the caliber just like of Zhanna Zhumaliyeva should be sent to Miss Universe and not to Miss World. Maybe yes, Miss World is much popular in her country and perhaps thats the reason behind it.

But when I checked Miss Kazakhstan, it was mentioned that they chooses women to represent the Central Asia in Miss Universe for (Winner) Miss Kazakhstan and in Miss World for (Winner or 1st runner-up). Founded in in 1997 by Agency San Bell, this pageant has now become a major annual event in the cultural life of the country. The competition is traditionally held with the support of the Ministry of Culture of Kazakhstan.

So what do I think is her chances at Miss Universe this year?
I must say it is still blurry though I wish to see more from her as I looked at her just like of an ordinary Chinese looking girl.

But who knows, the ball is round and I would love to see some surprises this year from Asia.

SINGAPORE - Lynn Tan

What the Philippines can't, Singapore can. This year an Ex-FHM model named Lynn Tan bagged the Miss Universe Singapore title. This 24 year old merger and acquisition associate walked away the winner after beating out 13 other contestants.

One thing I like about her is the way she expresses herself. After her win, she was interviewed and said, "Well I'm elated and relieved because it's a really long journey and everybody has been wonderful, but for me, I think this is only the beginning.

"I hope to make Singapore proud in the Miss Universe contest. I also want to use this as a platform to help the disabled people in Singapore whom I feel very strongly for."

So what can I say about Lynn?

I love her body. It is to die for. I love the way she carries herself. She knows her best angle and she reminds me of 2002 Miss Universe Philippines Karen Loren Agustin and a liitle from Lia Andrea Ramos (Miss Universe Philippines 2006). She looks very Asian but very appealing and her self-confidence is boosting that appeal.

But why is Singapore always a miss in Miss Universe? Hmmmmm...

In 2002 and 2003, I was fortunate to have my college training in Esplanade, in Singapore and I must say that Miss Universe Singapore since that time was a big deal and there were lot's of gorgeous women joining the competition.

Are they crowning the undeserving? Well, Singapore is very diverse. They have the Malay looking, the Indian looking, the Eurasian Singaporeans and those typical Chinese looking Singaporeans.

I believe that it's about time for Miss Universe Singapore to step up their game and try to bring something new in the plate. Look at Malaysia, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Thailand. The time they went out of the box, that's the time that they got noticed.

Regarding Lynn, I am pretty sure that she can represent Singapore very well as she is very eloquent and poised. She is a model and she can project at her best.

Remember that the country had its first semi finalist when Kathie Lee Lee Beng secured the 8th position, the highest ever placement Singapore attained in 1983. In 1987 when Singapore played host to the Miss Universe pageant, home favourite Marion Nicole Teo came in at the 9th place. I just hope Singapore can be able to produce someone from this generation to at least penetrate in the Semi Finals.

ISRAEL - Lina Machola

Israel's last known placement was in 2005 when Elena Ralph, a Ukranian beauty placed in the Top 10.
This year, Lina Machola is representing Israel.She was born in Russia to Russian mother and Arab Christian father from Israel and when she was five she immigrated to Israel.

Lina is an alternative service, in which helps children with cancer in hospital Rambam.

Am I a fan of her beauty?
Hmmmm... Just like last year, what I like about Miss Israel is that they are sending fresh looking representatives.
I am hoping she focus on her walk and styling because she is already beautiful and I must say all she needs is some polishing.

I wish to see more spice from her and if she can pull of the look that Elena Ralph did, I am certain she can noticed and certainly will make waves.

KOREA - Sung-hye Lee

A 22-year-old student of the Parsons School of Design in New York, won the honor of Miss South Korea named Lee Seong-hye. Beautywise, I am also not going gaga on her BUT, just like last year's representative Jung Sora, I was surprised with her transformation.

I am keeping my finger's crossed to see another Honey Lee caliber from Korea. 2007 was their last placement as 3rd Runner Up and the closest was in 1988 via Jang Yoon-Jeong who placed 1st Runner Up.

But what are my expectations about Lee Seong-hye?

Based from her photos. i can sense that she is still a little timid and shy. I am happy to see that she is improving with her styling which is expected as she is a student of Parson's and I am hoping to more from her.

I am certain that Korea will not send a half-baked representative that's why i am eager to see her in Miss Universe.

SRI LANKA - Sabrina Herft

Truthfully, Sabrina is an upgrade from the ever bubbly Stefanie from last year. I love her face. She is beautiful and she reminded me of Jacqueline Fernandez back in 2006.

In the history of Sri Lanka, they only placed when they debut in the competition via Maureen Neliya Hingert who placed 2nd Runner Up in 1955. And it had been a long drought for this country.

Some beauty fanatics mentioned that she perfect combination of beauty and brains. They added that within minutes of speaking to her, it’s easy to see why the judging panel picked her to represent the country.

Possessing a strong character and an admiral determination to bring Sri Lanka to the forefront, Sabrina is a perfect example of the Sri Lankan woman.

Educated at the Asian International School and then British School in Colombo before she moved to Melbourne in 2007 to follow a degree in Media and Communications; a career in media has always been a strong draw for Sabrina, which is one of the reasons she never thought she’d ever end up taking part in a pageant, let alone winning one.

She describes the overall experience as life changing for her as it taught her much about her self and showed her the hard work that goes on behind the pageant. She said. “I think it’s important to change the way pageants are perceive by the public. It’s not just about pretty faces, there’s so much more to it. You have to be knowledgeable about currents affairs, social causes, public speaking etc. I believe taking part in the pageant can even help you later on in life because of all the skills we learn during. I certainly grew from the experience and would encourage other girls to take part as well.”

In my belief, she is someone from Asia that really can express well about herself and let's hope if it will help her shine come Miss Universe.

Her advantage is her communication skills and the more you get to know her, the more she gets beautiful.

INDONESIA - Maria Selena

Will she be the second from Indonesia after Artika Sari Devi - the first and only Miss Indonesia to make the cut in Miss Universe in 2005?

A student majoring in Business in Bandung Institute of Technology and standing at 1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in), I must say that indonesia is again sending a worthy representative and I am hoping and praying fr her to make waves come December and hopefully win their first crown.

I like her a lot.

And since the time she was crowned, I saw a big improvement from her.
If it's Asia this year, I think Indonesia is sending a candidate worthy of the crown.

Puteri Indonesia (literally translates into "Princess of Indonesia") was established in 1992 and considered the oldest pageant in Indonesia.

Puteri Indonesia pageant began delegating its winner to Miss Universe in 1995, but by 1996, the winner was forced to withdraw from competing in the Miss Universe pageant by Mrs. Tien Suharto, who was the wife of the late second president of the Republic of Indonesia, Suharto.

With Suharto overthrown, in 2005, Puteri Indonesia resumed to send the winner of this pageant to Miss Universe 2005. Well, that perhaps explain why Indonesia placed that year via Artika Sari Devi. Gaining freedom from political oppression is something we have to celebrate about. Artika on the other hand represented Indonesia very well as despite of having the competition in Thailand, Thailand missed the cut and the only two Asian to penetrate that year were Elena Ralph (Israel) and Artika (Indonesia).

Going back to Maria, I am expecting a big preparation from indonesia as last year, we saw a huge effort of support from their representative. It pleases me to see that even their country is dominated by Muslim, Indonesia is pushing their boundaries in showcasing the beauty of Indonesia to the rest of the world.

LEBANON - Rina Chibany

Rina Chibany is the newly crowned Miss Lebanon 2012 and it is interesting to know that her first runner up is actually her twin sister. Her win made pageant fans happy as they felt Lebanon this year crowned a very strong candidate for Miss Universe.

Truthfully, I like her beauty. She reminds me Priscilla Meirelles, Miss Mexico Universe 2006 and Miss International winner 2007. I am just glad to see Lebanon back on track and hopefully they will manage to place. Miss Lebanon is currently organised with the Ministry of Tourism.

In 1971, Georgina Rizk won Miss Universe. She is the only Lebanese to win the title. The last time they ever placed was in 1973, via Marcelle Herro who placed in the Top 12.

In the 1972 Miss Universe pageant in Dorado, Puerto Rico, the 1971 winner, Georgina Rizk, was not allowed to attend due to government restrictions because of fears of a terrorist attack. These fears were triggered when, two months prior to the pageant, bombings occurred outside the hotel in which Miss USA, Tanya Wilson, was then staying. Lebanon did not send a delegate to the pageant that year either.

Will Rina placed this year after 39 long years of drough?

VIETNAM - Luu Thi Diem Huong

Lưu Thị Diễm Hương is a beauty pageant winner and student. Diễm Hương was born 1990 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. She is the reigning Miss Vietnam World 2010.

Diễm Hương competed in the 10th edition of Miss Earth beauty pageant where she placed in the Top 14 of the final night.

Prior to the final night, she made the Top 5 of the Miss Talent competition and she won "Best in Swimsuit".

Luu Thi Diem Huong has smooth white skin fairly standard 3 laps. Before the finale took place, Ms Huong has been rated as one of the candidates likely to behave well. Her answers in the semifinal round for one of the most impressive answers.

Diễm Hương will compete at Miss Universe 2012. Does she has what it takes?

In 2008, Vietnam hosted Miss Universe in Nha Trang and the last known placement they've got from miss Universe was via Nguyễn Thùy Lâm who penetrated the Top 15.
Due to new regulations for national beauty pageants in Vietnam beginning in 2009, Miss Universe Vietnam could not be legally held (the rules state that only one pageant can be held per year, and Mrs. Vietnam received the license for 2009.) Thus, first runner-up to Miss Universe Vietnam 2008, Võ Hoàng Yến, competed for Vietnam at Miss Universe 2009. First runner-up to Miss Vietnam 2010, Vũ Thị Hoàng My, competed at Miss Universe 2011.

I think now that they are sending a former representative of Miss Vietnam to Miss Earth, I hope Vietnam can again make a big splash and be noticed.
I find this girl very charming and I am excited to see her strut the stage as she once hailed as Best in Swimsuit in an international pageant.

Is she an additional power to the Asians? I guess so yes. In fact I like her and if this year is really the year of the Asians after MW and MI, I am hoping that Luu can also give honor to her country.

I love the look in her eyes. I love the fact she is driven, that she is not shy. I can see a little Zhang Zilin in her. And I just cant wait on how she make this years Miss Universe extra hot.

I mean look at her... she has the queenly aura of I saw from Lara Quigaman and I know that in days to come, she will be back in her fighting form just like in 2010 and rock Vegas.

I have high hopes in her and I am excited that Vietnam just like lasy year, they are sending a girl that can really best represent their country and culture!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

My Take

With the completion of Lebanon and Vietnam, I must say that Asia this year is coming pretty strong just like of what we sent to Miss World earlier. Though YES, we lost Urvashi and was replaced by Shilpa, I still think that Asians are all in their fighting form and ready to compete head to head with the Latinas and those European Goddesses.

We are still aiming for that Eleventh Miss UNIVERSE Crown and I can't wait to see it ahppen again anytime soon.

Last year, Philippines via Shamcey Supsup fought her hardest. And to date, I consider her as the best Filipina to ever represented the Philippines at Miss Universe. A huge ALMOST!

It was also last year when China came like a tidal wave but fell short in the Top 5.

As we all gear up for this year's Miss Universe, I am hoping that we Asians can be able to unite as one and prove to the world that we are really in it to win it.

Since Lebanon and Vietnam are sendingwonderful representatives, along with Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines, I am praying that pageant fanatics here in Missosology would value RESPECT and CAMARADERIE, and hopefully will NOT bash each other.

Miss Universe is indeed the most celebrated beauty pageant in the world as it is considered as the Oscar's of all pageants.

May our quest for the next ASIAN Miss Universe be successful this year.

Again, TOGETHER we STAND, DIVIDED we FALL.

UNOLOGY previous posts:

SEASON 1 - UNOLOGY

UNOLOGY Season 1 previous posts:
1st Issue:
UNOLOGY: CAMPFIRE'S BURNING -Philippine's Beauty Queenmakers
http://host.missosology.info/~missyorg/ ... 1&t=133638
2nd Issue:
UNOLOGY: Pageant CROWNING's INTERESTING FACTS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134213
3rd Issue:
UNOLOGY: The MOST UNFORGETTABLE "ALMOST" Winners
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 9#p2682079
4th Issue:
UNOLOGY: There is SOMETHING about the EVENING GOWN
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135122
5th Issue:
UNOLOGY: In Search of a GREENER PASTURE...
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=136211
6th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The SEVENTEEN ONE HIT WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136622
7th Issue:
UNOLOGY: MY TAKE ON MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2012 FINALS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136739
8th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The LUSTER of the CROWN & the PRICE of FAME
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136764
9th Issue:
UNOLOGY: IMPERFECTION GUARANTEED (Beauties Under the KNIFE)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137269
10th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The RISE and FALL of ASIA
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=137994
11th Issue:
UNOLOGY: ISN'T IT IRONIC?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138422
12th issue:
UNOLOGY: One Word - EPIC!
http://ns1.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=138825
13th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The QUEENLY and RICH (Miss World Philippines 2012)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139151

UNOLOGY Season 2 previous posts:
14th Issue:
UNOLOGY Season 2: TEAM Philippines 2012
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139987

15th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: OASIS of the Desert
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140333

16th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: Miss World 2012 - The GOOD, The BAD and The UGLY
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143685

17th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: CHINA - Sleeping Giant NO MORE
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144077

18th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: Gearing Up... TEAM ASIA Universe 2012
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146671

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 21 times in total.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY Season 2: Gearing Up... TEAM ASIA Universe 2012

Postby Dionysus » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:48 am

hmm thanks, Uno!

been waitin 4 this year's Asia resume by u :=p

it's nice 2 know u liked Indonesia but I think she has no better preparations than Nadine Alexandra. if she makes the cut, I think it has to be our lucky day, just like Ines Putri got in MW 2012. but unlike Ines, Maria can't speak well.

if 2012 belongs to Asia, I will give it to either India or Japan. Philippines should be the next and maybe, Singapore.

only them!
Dionysus
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: DIONYSUS
Date of Birth: 03 Dec 2010
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: XXXXX
Hobbies/Interests: XXXXX
Message: ♥ Karisma Kapoor, Renée Zellweger, Christina Aguilera ♥

Postby Adonia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 am

I must say that asian team this year has a huge chance to make the cut atleast 4 of them (how i wish) [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< its either INDIA, SRI LANKA, MALAYSIA AND PHILIPPINES ( WITH PROPER STYLING AND PREPARATION ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE ONE OF THEM WILL WIN THE CROWN) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
THEY HATE US BECAUSE OF THIS .. WE ARE SUPREME!!!

Adonia
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: lady gaga before but im now ADONIA
Date of Birth: 23 Aug 1990
Profession: student,part time model
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: hhmp many to mention
Message: i really love myself you know why?? just look at me lols .......

Postby Rhamie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 am

i love dear uno for this team asia :hx :hx :hx :hx
as my saying goes by open your eyes close your mouth
Rhamie

Real Life Name/Nick: rai
Date of Birth: 25 Nov 1988
Profession: KNOWLEDGE ENGINEER
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: surfing
Message: Life is never about proving people that you are a good person. Sometimes, the bad things matter.

Postby fa4u » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 am

I think India would either Win or place in the Top 3 and China can take it all
fa4u

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1930
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sex Traveling, Music, Horror!

Postby Gryffindor_prince » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:59 am

india is the strongest asian counrty this year

followed by thailand :=p
A chef by heart.
Gryffindor_prince
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Aug 1995
Profession: Artist
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: nonenone

Postby Ayulani » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 am

Adonia wrote:I must say that asian team this year has a huge chance to make the cut atleast 4 of them (how i wish) [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< its either INDIA, SRI LANKA, MALAYSIA AND PHILIPPINES ( WITH PROPER STYLING AND PREPARATION ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE ONE OF THEM WILL WIN THE CROWN) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I love the way you think :=p
b'cause most of us if the girl isn't latin, euro and north america it's automatically "FAR" from winning the crown.
Ayulani

Real Life Name/Nick: Ayulani
Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1979
Profession: unemployed
Hobbies/Interests: internet

Postby Jedi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 am

Nice UNO. :=p :=p :=p

Woohoo... >=p >=p >=p Go Team Asia... >=p >=p >=p
Jedi

Real Life Name/Nick: Jedi
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Profession: Working student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: ~~~~~
Message: Beauty outside is GOOD, beauty inside is BETTER... but to have them both is for the BEST...

Postby Vera_Couture » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 am

Go Team Asia :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx
Vera_Couture
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Vera
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1989
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: Modelling

Postby ate deedee » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:16 am

Seems like ASIAN reps are very strong contenders for Miss Universe crown this year...
Nice analysis Uno >=p
Last edited by ate deedee on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Séductrice du Château de Soucalembongerie
~ate deedee hearts souca & misso people~
ate deedee
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 16 Jan 1990
Profession: community
Hobbies/Interests: beauty & boys

Postby albertus0612 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 am

i would love to see philippines japan and s.korea to place in top 5
[-O<

GO TEAM ASIA!!!! :!!
albertus0612
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: seaman
Hobbies/Interests: kahit ano lang

Postby kwanloong » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:55 am

TEAM ASIA UNIIIIIIITTTTEEEEE!!!!!

OT
Just an opinion. For me Margie MOran is the most beautiful asian who have won the Miss Universe crown.
kwanloong

Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1986
Profession: wanderer..LOL
Hobbies/Interests: cooking, eating
Message: Though I'm no longer a virgin...there's still innocence in me! :-)

Postby phil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 am

NICE ONE UNO..

sri lanka is really an upgrade..

wish them all the best
phil
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.

Real Life Name/Nick: ------
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1912
Profession: ---------
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: ---------

Postby oliv2068 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 am

"UNO" ... You're Simply ... AMAZING ! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

I am placing My BET to ... Miss THAILAND ! :7 :7 :7 ... I really find Her a "MISS UNIVERSE" Material.

Miss INDIA is ... Another STRONG Contender from ASIA. >=p >=p >=p ... Hope She Maintain Her WINNING AURA !

BEST of Luck to ... TEAM ASIA ! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!!
oliv2068

Real Life Name/Nick: Frennie
Date of Birth: 20 Jul 1975
Profession: Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Cooking, Fitness, Fashion and Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks Dionysus.

Though Im sadden by your news about Miss Indonesia not getting the same support from last year, I still hope and wish the for her. She has the beaty and the height. All she needs is to deliver an impeccable performance and make the mist of what she have. :hx

Dionysus wrote:hmm thanks, Uno!

been waitin 4 this year's Asia resume by u :=p

it's nice 2 know u liked Indonesia but I think she has no better preparations than Nadine Alexandra. if she makes the cut, I think it has to be our lucky day, just like Ines Putri got in MW 2012. but unlike Ines, Maria can't speak well.

if 2012 belongs to Asia, I will give it to either India or Japan. Philippines should be the next and maybe, Singapore.

only them!

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:46 am

Im actually eyeing on this girl. The last time I went crazy with SriLanka was 6 years ago with Jacquiline Fernandes.

Hoping Sri Lanka can soar high this year.
:hx

phil wrote:NICE ONE UNO..

sri lanka is really an upgrade..

wish them all the best

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Cheers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

Remember doing a thread similar to this couple of years back, got lazy and so many talented writers we have today so...

My honest take, I am seeing Asia's feat of last year.

China and Philippines. Watch out for China. They're gonna win Miss Universe crown sooner than we think. Had Shamcey's answer 'favoured' some HUGE people behind Miss Universe Org, she could have won it!

These two imo are sure placers from Asia, I can't say the same thing for the rest. We'll see.
In life, there are things we can not control and we can control. For the things I can not control, I leave them to my Creator, and for the things I can control, I let my attitude take over.
Cheers
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Books, foods.
Message: http://dakilafamilybeachresort.weebly.com/index.html

Postby quelab22 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 am

India is the clear winner
Misso sistah.... please add me again in FB... quelab22@gmail.com thanks mwah mwah mwah
quelab22

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby kurtij » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am

THE MOST OVERRATED CONTINENT...ASIA....

INDIA AND THAILAND ARE THE PRETTIEST
4 UNIVERSE
1 WORLD
6 INTERNATIONAL
1 SUPRANATIONAL
4 EARTH
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby deo08nitiburcio » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 am

same here Uno..I think Asia is pretty strong compared to last year.. :=p

I think China, Philippines and India will make the cut with or without politics included.
deo08nitiburcio

Real Life Name/Nick: Deonil
Date of Birth: 08 May 1988
Profession: Hospitality Industry Inclined
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Internet Browsing, watching
Message: An Org. that is excellent in classifying physical attributes and inner beauty. Kudos to all.

Postby rikki844 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 am

no one for me now
but nice n interesting thread dear ..
rikki844

Date of Birth: 12 Nov 1979
Profession: traveller
Hobbies/Interests: backpack travel

Postby abby_saatchi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 am

India is the overall Asian favorite now.

I find Malaysia really beautiful too.

abby_saatchi

Profession: i'm an exec. asst. and part-time p*** star
Hobbies/Interests: clubbin', crusin', shoppin' and bitchin'
Message: i just wanna say that life is indeed a journey worth cruisin' and livin'... i love it !!!

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am

4 years of drought for India is no joke. 2 years from Sushmita's regime and still unplaced is a big slap in the face.
I think Sushmita is finally listening to the demand of the new generation.

High Hopes for India... :hx

abby_saatchi wrote:India is the overall Asian favorite now.

I find Malaysia really beautiful too.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Qarlo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 pm

=c3 >=p =c3 >=p I looove! Asians for Miss Universe please... India, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea and Singapore!
(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Profession: pet groomer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Im pretty sure that is part of Donald Trump's plan...
He has to align himself with China the same way MW did.
For 10 years now, MW and China have a tight relationship.
First time they hosted MW was in 2003.
After hosting it for 6 years, they were rewarded with 2 MW crowns.

Though yeah, if China will soon host Miss Universe, China would be a wonderful host country. :hx :hx :hx

I can already smell what's brewing...lol :hx

Cheers wrote:Remember doing a thread similar to this couple of years back, got lazy and so many talented writers we have today so...

My honest take, I am seeing Asia's feat of last year.

China and Philippines. Watch out for China. They're gonna win Miss Universe crown sooner than we think. Had Shamcey's answer 'favoured' some HUGE people behind Miss Universe Org, she could have won it!

These two imo are sure placers from Asia, I can't say the same thing for the rest. We'll see.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Roopesh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 pm

India , The Philippines & Thailand are the most deserving girls & should get a place in Semi finals .Sri Lanka has huge potential to surprise us & maybe snatch the crown :hx :hx :hx
Roopesh
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Roopesh dsousa
Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: WATCHING,READING & SLEEPING
Message: "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Postby John Kevin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Excellent read & amazing topic UNO =D>
IMO Asia is coming strong this year...!!!
My personal favorites are:
(base on my personal taste & not pageant wise)

Kazakhstan
Sri Lanka
India
Singapore
Japan
China
Malaysia
Philippines
Israel
Thailand
Indonesia
Korea

But highest chances of placing & pageant wise is:
India
Japan
Philippines
China
John Kevin

Real Life Name/Nick: Johnsito
Date of Birth: 26 Jun 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Volley Ball, Chatting, Beauty
Message: You laugh because Im different, I laugh because you bitches are all the same LOL'Z

Postby Susie Minaj » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am

Big upgrade for Sri-lanks, Singaps and Thailand, Huge downgrade for China.

Neither upgrade nor downgrade for Japan or Indonesia.

I want the 2 or 3 designated Asian spots to go to Philippines, India, Malaysia.

But I would love to see that Russian girl win it.
Susie Minaj

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, Sports, Law and other things

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 am

I wish Sri Lanka can launch their pad this year...

Susie Minaj wrote:Big upgrade for Sri-lanks, Singaps and Thailand, Huge downgrade for China.

Neither upgrade nor downgrade for Japan or Indonesia.

I want the 2 or 3 designated Asian spots to go to Philippines, India, Malaysia.

But I would love to see that Russian girl win it.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks my friend...
Im writing about the Latinas next... Puerto Rico is a huge force this year! :hx

John Kevin wrote:
Excellent read & amazing topic UNO =D>
IMO Asia is coming strong this year...!!!
My personal favorites are:
(base on my personal taste & not pageant wise)

Kazakhstan
Sri Lanka
India
Singapore
Japan
China
Malaysia
Philippines
Israel
Thailand
Indonesia
Korea

But highest chances of placing & pageant wise is:
India
Japan
Philippines
China

UNO - God of Beauty

Next

Return to Miss Universe