● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Image



  • 12

● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby The Duchess » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 am

    

THE DUCHESS PRE-ARRIVAL REVIEW
MISS UNIVERSE 2017



DISCLAIMER: Day 51 post Maria therefore no pictures and probably not as good of a writing piece as usual but if some of you want to post some of your lists and graphics, Why not?




Well, Well Well. It seems like yesterday we were losing our heads trying to figure out which girl would be crowned the 65th Miss Universe and put her name in the skies. I must confess I did not get the fuzz about Miss Mittenaere but I also must confess that when I watched the Pageant I could see she embodied that aura IMG is looking for. It’s this weird queenly aura that comes out of her and that she shares with Pia, who both made me like them a lot more after crowning. And now we have come together again to start to build the set of over eighty candidates who will compete for the 66th crown of Miss Universe, and Diamond Nexus crown it seems. Which works out great because DIC does not belong in the head of a Miss Universe, not even the head of a commoner

.
Now, I am going to implement a new system which will help me keep track of these girls during the passing of the months. The same report card system that I used for the Miss Grand and the Miss Earth pageant weeks ago, to help me decide who is the worthiest to win. Then again this is a system that still needs to work out their kinks, it is obviously not fool proof but it is getting there. It correctly predicted the winner and half the runner ups (along with some placers) of the Miss Grand International and Miss Venezuela yet it didn’t do as good in fellow Big 5 Miss Earth. So, it is still a work in progress but I think I can get fairly good results with them even if I cannot be as present in social media thanks to miss Maria. Hopefully I will get some good results with this damn pageant because after all I am a Universal, this is the pageant I study religiously to the point that I watch old pageants all the time etc. Last year I didn’t do as well as expected but then again years after my last full covered pageant I was expected to be a bit rusty. And since this is one of the few Puertorrican representations we have this year then I owe it to Danna and my country to keep an eye and review my girl. So how about we get started with this whole system? So the scores go easily from 5 through 10 and in 6 categories that I think are important for the Miss Universe Organization and the IMG firm.




10- EXCELENT
9- GREAT
8- GOOD
7- OKAY/AVERAGE
6- BAD
5- UNACCEPTABLE


FACE: A beautiful face is a pretty self-explanatory category in which we sometimes it’s the only one we use to choose our winners. And that’s a mistake, and a huge one at that. The reality is that the majority of winners in beauty pageants, specially Miss Universe, don’t really possess the best face of the competition. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they are not the most beautiful, true beauty is more than just a pretty face for it involves far more than that.


BODY: Now this one is a category which may not be as important to some but for me it actually is, although It does not equate to my final result as much as in past years. IMG is going on a new direction which may or may not be more body oriented, if we take into consideration Miss Canada last year. My ranking on the body section is not so much about size but about harmony and proportion, I don’t need an extremely fit queen with abs on top of abs to find her body beautiful.


CATWALK: Look I am a Latina, I like some spice on a pageant queen when she steps in the runway and last year Mariam Habach gave it to me. Mayra Matos, Zuleyka Rivera, Bodine Koehler and my everlasting queen (will never get over it) gave it to me in their respective years. Pia Wurtzback, Amelia Vega and Taliana Vargas gave it to me ages ago to. Now for me there are three types of walk: MODEL, SWIMSUIT and EVENING catwalk; if you think one catwalk works for everything then you are part of the problem.


COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Now communications skills is a must in the making of actual queens, and many girls come so unprepared to the international stage constantly. You can be saying the smartest thing in the world, but if you do not sound confident in your words and you don’t know how to project the message then it’s not going to work.


CANDIDS: Now this is what I consider the make or break of a candidate in many occasions in these pageants, and it’s where I can appreciate true beauty. Now before one of you asks me “If she has a 7 face, why is her candid score higher?”, let me explain to you. The score in candid comes along with the face score yet it’s not the same thing, as some of you may think. For me, a bad candid score can come from a beautiful girl if she is failing to style herself properly in the day to day basis. Just like a great candid score can come from an average looking girl because she has managed to work with what she has got. A pretty face can only take you so far if you don’t know how to style it and it has killed so many girls’ chances in the past years.


BACKSTORY (Unfortunally it seems necessary): Now this part will not be included until very much later in the game because I don’t know that information of every single candidate. This will be determined by how good a story from their past and upbringing can determine can sell on the international stage. I personally think the backstory works a lot better in Miss USA than in Miss Universe, but it is still necessary to some extent it seems. Regardless it appears like IMG will head into that territory which is very unfortunate but we can work on that.




PRE-ARRIVAL SCORE & PRE-PRELIMINARY SCORE
PRELIMINARY SWIMSUIT & PRELIMINARY EVENING GOWN



I make this report card system because I want to choose a Top 13 that I can stand next to and know that it’s one I am completely comfortable with. A big part of qualifying for this Top 13 is of course the interview but we are not there to see it therefore I will go with everything else. Now something important is that this is going to be a changing scale, therefore your girls will either improve or worsen.





Disclaimer: This is a personal ranking, not a dictator list of who is better or who is worse. Feel free to open a debate on your favorite girls and who are you excited to see crowned, you can even argue respectfully on one of my grades and even provide material for me to consider. Also, the fact that this is a personal ranking means that this is MY list therefore I don’t have to apologize for whatever placement you disagree with. So, let’s not whine to much if we don’t like something shall we?



Now let’s begin.



~ | THE DUCHESS WATCHLIST | ~

This are the girls who I don’t have a place for in my list as of right now but that I am watching extremely closing because I feel there could be some potential in them. I feel like at least one of these girls in going to place and if they perform accordingly I cannot say that I mind if they do. Also, you guys know I am a fan of the underdogs and performers so if they prove to me that they are worthy of a space I will be the first one to say yes.



BRAZIL | GUYANA | HAITI
BRAZIL’s weapon is simply her performance as she showed in her national pageant months ago when she basically blew all the favorites out of the water. She took out the two of the best Brazilian candidates I’ve seen in a while and walked in there like “ya’ll thought I was going to clap?”. So, I am not necessarily a fan of Monalisa but I do not count her out yet because that is exactly what this girl did and neither should you. I don’t want people whining because she took a spot. Another girl that I am not exactly a fan of is GUYANA but I do recognize that she could easily out perform certain girls on my list with an amazing performance. She does have an interesting face but for me is a little too Trump era and lacks the softness IMG tends to favor in this pageant. OH HAITI, I have to say she is a worthy successor of the beautiful Rachel who last year gave an amazing and stunning performance completely shutting me up. She is a beautiful black Barbie who seems styled and prepared properly to perhaps catch a spot in this final list and I find it to be a possible back to back placement.




PANAMA | PUERTO RICO | DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
As many of you know nobody will be able to replace the spot in which Erika Parker resides in my heart but regardless I have to say that PANAMA is actually a beautiful girl. She can take both professional and candid pictures but most importantly she presents with a fresh look and minimal styling which works for her. Eso si, watch that nose and we shall see if it will become a problem in the coming weeks but for now it doesn’t bother me. I could dedicate a whole thread to PUERTO RICO (and I will after Intercontinental) but I have to say that Danna has improved a lot since she won, and everyone knows that takes a lot from me. The good thing she has is that she can look all nice and non-dangerous in person but that girl can turn it up in a photoshoot and that is just a fact. Her body is insane and her styling has improved, I am hoping that regardless of my usual fears with the national ORG she can perform and come on top. I am actually very impressed with how natural the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is looking this year, and how nice and fresh this girl actually looks. There hasn’t been a girl who has impressed me like Mariangel de la Cruz (not even Clarissa) so I am very excited to see how our beautiful Dominican sister will do in the pageant.







~ | THE TOP THIRTEEN | ~
13th PLACE: ISRAEL (Adar Galdesman)
Now before Mr. Unbreakable says anything he has to know that the only reason this young lady is not higher in my list is because I can’t find her catwalk anywhere. Adar has everything to do well in this pageant besides that because she has the face and body to go higher. But I need to see her personality mostly because her catwalk and interview skills can tell me that so I am basically putting my blind faith on her as of now. Now that I mind it but I would like to know more about this seemingly shy gorgeous woman who could potentially take the crown. SCORE IS IMCOMPLETE







12th PLACE: MALAYSIA (Samantha Kelly James)
Oh I like this girl so much, this is pure fire on a woman. She is the prime example of a silent killer this year with that sex appeal and elegant photography. How dare she be so fierce. She has this stunning look that is both sexy and elegant, a styling to die for and performance marks across the board. What I need her to do is simply go there and absolutely perform so she can shine and hopefully outshine the rest of the girls because there is potential in this lady to make waves. I want her to avenge Deborah Priya Henry and knock a couple favorites on the way because this multilingual beauty is ready to make her country and myself proud. SCORE: 8.750





11th PLACE: VENEZUELA (Keysi Mairin Sayago Arrechedera)
Oh my beautiful Keysi what has Osmel done to you since you won last year? I am not a brain in the field of cosmetic enhancement but it is obvious he did something to her below the nose area. She can’t smile as natural, brightly and beautiful as she did those first months after crowning and that makes me so mad because it’s one of the things that made her win. It’s not that she looks super bad or that I am against plastic surgery but it was completely unnecessary and she kind of looks uncomfortable when she smiles. She has an amazing catwalk and communication skills accompanied by a great body and fashion sense, but what a girl from being a front runner when she won to a Top 13 positions? The bottom half of her face. It saddens me that could have potentially ruined her with that unnatural smile, Brenda last year had a veneerish smile but she could still move. I want Venezuela to place and do well because Keysi is an amazing candidate but I worry about that smile because sometimes it doesn’t make her look comfortable. SCORE: 8.885






10th PLACE: AUSTRALIA (Olivia Molly Rogers)
Now this is a girl that I don’t necessarily adore but that I am 90% will place given her personality and quite honestly the training Aussies give their queens. Australia has been a silent yet strong sash along the years in Miss Universe and this year is no exception, Olivia is a fine representative. I want her to keep her soft look, minimal makeup and very chic style of dressing; along with the great communication skills she actually does have. I do want to see how she how she looks and performs next to the rest of the 80+ candidates, it is important for her to shine even if they are favorites. SCORE: 8.904







~ | THE TOP NINE | ~
9th PLACE: ECUADOR (Maria Daniela Cepeda Matamoros)
I present to you a sentimental favorite of mine and this Daniela Cepeda, one of the most beautiful women I’ve seen from Ecuador since Constanza. Team Ecuador this year is strong and amazing but Daniela has proved to me that she is the best from all of them. She took out favorites in her national pageant and I have no doubt she will do the same in this pageant too. She has this silent, elegant and passive beauty that puts her above many of the girls but what sets her apart is her eloquence. I have seen everything this girl has put out because for me she is an extraordinary candidate and I actually wish she goes way higher than this. She may not be the most beautiful or with the best body but I see an aura in her that might actually take her to that final Top. She has to be careful not to fade in the sea of favorite and to perform in such a way that she will surprise everybody like she did before. SCORE: 8.911







8th PLACE: MEXICO (Denise Iridane Franco Pina)
I am probably the only person who does not find Mexico to be a very pretty woman and at this point I wonder if I am crazy. Now what this girl lacks in face in my opinion is how confident she is with herself that it shows when she presents herself. Either in the stage or in the media, Denise showcases herself as a confident elegant woman that knows exactly what she is doing and doesn’t get caught in things like nerves or mistakes. Her look has softened a lot and I do have to commend her team for doing that because it helps her facial features a lot. And she has been trained very well on how to speak to others and how to look approachable, and maybe that’s all she needs to do. Maybe that is all she needs to do to succeed a place better than the stunning woman who graced us with her beauty last year. This is one I must confess I am most intrigued about and perhaps she will see this and say: “Okay Duchess, I will slay you and the rest of the competition”. It’s a hard perhaps but whatever haha. SCORE: 8.928







7th PLACE: PHILIPPINES (Rachel Louise Peters)
Now this is a girl who I see a lot of improvement in but I still don’t think it’s enough for her to win and I am aware this will make people want to block me. But here goes. Rachel has improved a lot since her crowing both in her presentation, her face and she has even gained a little bit of a queen aura. NOW, the reality is that Rachel is still a bit average in every department except for catwalk and it could potentially cost her a crown. I do not think she is ugly, stupid or incapable of taking a high placement but for me there is something missing in her to take that final walk. And this is a girl belonging in the half of team PHIL 2017 that I actually like so I would like her to step it up a bit so she can get a better placement. I want her to have good instincts most of all because last year Maxine could have gotten farther if it wasn’t for that god forsaken gown that didn’t let her shine. Rachel needs to do exactly what she did in BB. and be confident so she can pull up an amazing performance and perhaps take Top 6 placement. SCORE: 8.934






~ | THE TOP SIX | ~
5th RUNNER UP: USA (Kara Deidra McCullough)
Sigh, I have to say that the worst thing that happened to Kara was to actually win the Miss USA pageant because since then her styling has been all over the damn place. Sometimes she looks fantantic and fashionable and sometimes she even looks tired and older, I don’t know what happened. But the reason she is so high is the same reason she won her national pageant and that is that this girl is pure performance skills. And as much as many of you hate her the reality is that she steps into that runway and makes it her, plus she has a backstory that unless someone survived something they can’t top hers. Miss Kara and the MUSA organization will probably milk her story again which is not bad it’s just unnecessary for me to know her back story. But I know she will ace the preliminary competition and probably do extremely well in the final night. She just has to be careful with her styling and with making sure she seems like a queen and I am not sure I see that yet. Maybe she just needs this two weeks in which she will have to style herself and do thing herself to prove to us she knows what she is doing because before she won she looked fantastic. I am a little on the fence about this one but like the next lady I am sure she will be in that final 6, if Deshauna could she can too. SCORE: 9.040






4th RUNNER UP: COLOMBIA (Laura Gonzalez Ospina)
I have this odd feeling that Laura will place high and I am not really happy about it because she is just not my type, but I can recognize she has done very well. For me Laura should focus on catwalk and communication skills because she may be pretty but never in the level of the 4 ladies above. Non the less Colombians are known for her performance and their amazing catwalk skills so I just know she will perform the hell of that runway. I do think that she has to be careful with her styling and what they will put on her in these coming weeks because that could potentially make or break her. I was actually not a fan of her departure look because that color just does not suit her plus that is not a color you wear alone, and it may not seem like a big deal to you but those little details can make a different. Regardless if she wants to prove me wrong she simply needs to perform well, style herself and just bring the house down; I am a woman that appreciates performance. SCORE: 9.080







3RD RUNNER UP: RUSSIA (Ksenia Alexandrova)
I have never been happier for a girl to be announced for a Miss Universe like with this girl because the PG master knows how much I suffered when she went home empty after her nationals. And I had her as Miss Russia Universe too so I am more than happy that this one gets to present her beautiful self in this competition. Her face is to die for, her candids and professionals showcase that she knows what she is doing and how much she is in synch with her body and face. She knows what works for her and her body, everything from poses to wardrobe this girl for me has not failed yet and I am very pumped to see what she will bring on the following weeks. Her communications skills are good enough along with her catwalk and her amazing face, even her body is pretty proportioned and pleasing to look at. She also has a lot of personality which is so needed in beauty pageants, the girls need to be approachable instead of intimidating and many do not understand that. SCORE: 9.200






~ | THE TOP THREE | ~



2ND RUNNER UP: INDONESIA (Bunga Jelitha Ibrani)

This is actually one of the girls I crowned in her national pageant that I knew where meant for Miss Universe and could compete amazingly in this pageant. I didn’t see her with a full potential of winning until a couple of months ago and ever since then I have grown worrisome because for me she would look great in that crown to be real. She is a woman that can not only be a beauty queen but also a model and for me she has a different look that could help her achieve greatness in this pageant. I cannot wait to see what she will bring to this competition because I feel like she will bring a lot and it’s ready to take out a couple favorites in Vegas. She for me is one that will turn up such elegancy in her performance with her posture and the amazing couture Indonesians bring to pageants. There’s not much you can say when a girl’s performance speaks for herself so we shall see how this girl does it this following two weeks. As of now she is a Top 3 placers. SCORE: 9.203







1ST RUNNER UP: THAILAND (Maria Lynn Ehren/ Poonlertlarp)
Maria for me is a little bit of a complicated array of feelings when it comes to where am I going to place her, it goes up and down. For me this girl is pure dynamite on stage and she proved it in her national pageant as well as everything she has ever done since. She has a stunning face and a great confident aura that will prove helpful in the coming weeks. Now for me her only weakness would be her body a bit and a little thing called age, and before you jump at me hear me out. I am not saying she is old but in some of her pictures for some reason she looks a bit old, I am not sure if it’s a matter of makeup or a matter of her face per se. For me she has to take care of that because IMG is looking for freshness more than the best face of the pageant, we have seen this the last two years. Neither Iris or Pia were the best faces of the pageant yet their freshness, personality and overall performance set them apart from the rest in those final moments. I actually think this is the big favorite that could eventually lose that crown or get cut fast. And that worries me because she is a great competitor who is full of potential to win that crown in the end if she allows herself to look fresher. Just a bit makes a big difference. SCORE: 9.340





MISS UNIVERSE 2017: SOUTH AFRICA (Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters)
Uf okay, you people are probably a little surprised that I have this girl here because from what I can tell everyone is jumping in the Thailand train. This girl for me is actually so beautiful and it takes me by surprised considering that for me her face was too weird for this pageant. YET, with the right training and right styling for me Demi has flourish into an amazing candidate worthy of a mention and has completely shut me up. Unexpectable I find myself loving everything from her styling to her lightened hair which softens her whole look, and her communications skills are dangerous. This girl is a confident woman who is comfortable in her skin and what her brand is yet her personality makes her so approachable to people. And let me tell you this woman is elegant, very elegant and I cannot wait to see what she has to bring into this competition because I am officially team SA. Miss Demi, you are my winner as of now please do not disappoint me because my heart can’t take much heartbreak. SCORE: 9.480


Image


THE DUCHESS WILL BE BACK SHORTLY- RECOVERING FROM MODERATE DEHYDRATION
User avatar
The Duchess
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2080
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby starphil » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 am

THANKS FOR PLACING SAMKAT OVERTHERE..MY MISS BANANA LEAVES WILL SURPRISE US.. HER PERSONAL GIFT TO THE GIRLS IS EVEN THE SAME FOOD SHE WEARS.. THEY ARE LIKE EATING TOGETHER >=p I HAVE A FEELING THAT A SOUTHEAST ASIAN WILL BAG HOME THE CROWN THIS YEAR!!
CONFIDENTLY BEAUTIFUL WITH BACK STORIES

VS

BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE
User avatar
starphil
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:10 am
Country: Malaysia (my)
Reputation: -319
Real Life Name/Nick: Steve
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1994
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Philantrophy
Message: Love for all

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby unbreakable » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:13 am

The Duchess wrote:
~ | THE TOP THIRTEEN | ~
13th PLACE: ISRAEL (Adar Galdesman)
Now before Mr. Unbreakable says anything ..


it's okay I get your point .. haven't seen my girl's walk either .. so dunno what to expect
Image
Image
User avatar
unbreakable
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 12050
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:26 am
Location: Israel
Country: Palestine (ps)
Reputation: 13244
Real Life Name/Nick: (-_-)
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1993
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: SDSDAD
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Piano
Message: Never say Never

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby rockondude » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:39 am

Miss Thailand has Winner vibes just like France did last year. I think she is the one to beat. I like your list is very realistic. I would add Canada to the top 5 that girl is stunning
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
User avatar
rockondude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 am
Location: hatillo
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 3437
Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby irkedyarn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:19 am

Totally agree with South Africa

IDK but I see your girl Puerto Rico going far this year. There is something in her that is really classy, regal and she seems wiser beyond her years
User avatar
irkedyarn
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: Manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 400
Date of Birth: 15 Nov 1983
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Advertising
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby ldamiss » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 am

Months of heavily photoshopped pictures and professionally produced videos by a dedicated team of photographers, photoshop artists and Instagram posters influence even the most experienced predictionists.
Hope the judges do not fall for (political-like) election campaign propaganda.
User avatar
ldamiss
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am
Country: South Africa (za)
Reputation: 246
Real Life Name/Nick: Dan
Date of Birth: 03 Aug 1960
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: IT
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby fermnedoza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

The Duchess wrote:
1ST RUNNER UP: THAILAND (Maria Lynn Ehren/ Poonlertlarp)
Maria for me is a little bit of a complicated array of feelings when it comes to where am I going to place her, it goes up and down. For me this girl is pure dynamite on stage and she proved it in her national pageant as well as everything she has ever done since. She has a stunning face and a great confident aura that will prove helpful in the coming weeks. Now for me her only weakness would be her body a bit and a little thing called age, and before you jump at me hear me out. I am not saying she is old but in some of her pictures for some reason she looks a bit old, I am not sure if it’s a matter of makeup or a matter of her face per se. For me she has to take care of that because IMG is looking for freshness more than the best face of the pageant, we have seen this the last two years. Neither Iris or Pia were the best faces of the pageant yet their freshness, personality and overall performance set them apart from the rest in those final moments. I actually think this is the big favorite that could eventually lose that crown or get cut fast. And that worries me because she is a great competitor who is full of potential to win that crown in the end if she allows herself to look fresher. Just a bit makes a big difference. SCORE: 9.340



MISS UNIVERSE 2017: SOUTH AFRICA (Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters)
Uf okay, you people are probably a little surprised that I have this girl here because from what I can tell everyone is jumping in the Thailand train. This girl for me is actually so beautiful and it takes me by surprised considering that for me her face was too weird for this pageant. YET, with the right training and right styling for me Demi has flourish into an amazing candidate worthy of a mention and has completely shut me up. Unexpectable I find myself loving everything from her styling to her lightened hair which softens her whole look, and her communications skills are dangerous. This girl is a confident woman who is comfortable in her skin and what her brand is yet her personality makes her so approachable to people. And let me tell you this woman is elegant, very elegant and I cannot wait to see what she has to bring into this competition because I am officially team SA. Miss Demi, you are my winner as of now please do not disappoint me because my heart can’t take much heartbreak. SCORE: 9.480


I am with you with Miss South Africa as WINNER of this year's pageant. I love the imperfections that you also saw in her.

On the other hand, I can't see Miss Thailand making it to the top three. The excitement that I felt for her when she was crowned as her country's representative is now placed with boredom over her bland personality. Misses Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines can easily eclipsed her presence-wise.
fermnedoza
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Bohol
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2335
Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Gender: Male
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby The Duchess » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 am

ldamiss wrote:Months of heavily photoshopped pictures and professionally produced videos by a dedicated team of photographers, photoshop artists and Instagram posters influence even the most experienced predictionists.
Hope the judges do not fall for (political-like) election campaign propaganda.


Mind elaborating a bit more on that?
Image


THE DUCHESS WILL BE BACK SHORTLY- RECOVERING FROM MODERATE DEHYDRATION
User avatar
The Duchess
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2080
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby The Duchess » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

irkedyarn wrote:Totally agree with South Africa

IDK but I see your girl Puerto Rico going far this year. There is something in her that is really classy, regal and she seems wiser beyond her years


I'm a little on the fence about my girl because I am waiting to see that performance pre pageant but I think she could easily penetrate my list if all this months of preparations have done her good. I agree she has the potential to be very regal with the right styling but i dont want to get to excited and then have another clap this year. Karla's non placement almost killed me haha
Image


THE DUCHESS WILL BE BACK SHORTLY- RECOVERING FROM MODERATE DEHYDRATION
User avatar
The Duchess
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2080
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby ldamiss » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 pm

The Duchess wrote:
ldamiss wrote:Months of heavily photoshopped pictures and professionally produced videos by a dedicated team of photographers, photoshop artists and Instagram posters influence even the most experienced predictionists.
Hope the judges do not fall for (political-like) election campaign propaganda.


Mind elaborating a bit more on that?


I see carefully planned Instagram strategies reflected in most prediction lists.
User avatar
ldamiss
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am
Country: South Africa (za)
Reputation: 246
Real Life Name/Nick: Dan
Date of Birth: 03 Aug 1960
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: IT
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby The Duchess » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 pm

ldamiss wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
ldamiss wrote:Months of heavily photoshopped pictures and professionally produced videos by a dedicated team of photographers, photoshop artists and Instagram posters influence even the most experienced predictionists.
Hope the judges do not fall for (political-like) election campaign propaganda.


Mind elaborating a bit more on that?


I see carefully planned Instagram strategies reflected in most prediction lists.


Um okay...
Image


THE DUCHESS WILL BE BACK SHORTLY- RECOVERING FROM MODERATE DEHYDRATION
User avatar
The Duchess
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2080
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby babycakes55 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:51 pm

You have a very interesting criteria here. I might try it out myself to see if it I'm able to predict the winner :">

I would like to add though that the backstory criteria and factors that stand out (skin color, body size, occupation, etc.) to IMG may significantly outweigh other components for certain girls. Some girls I think IMG will favor even more are Brazil, Croatia, Curacao, Iraq, and USA. Last year's Miss Kenya, Peru, Canada, and Haiti were all favored by IMG.

I don't think you need a backstory as remarkable as Miss Kenya or Haiti from last year, but it's definitely enough to place.
"There is no need to imitate any man in order to be at their level. We are all created equal."

-Keysi Sayago, Miss Universe Venezuela 2016
User avatar
babycakes55
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 458
Real Life Name/Nick: Michael
Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1996
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, Drawing, Reading

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby ldamiss » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm

babycakes55 wrote:You have a very interesting criteria here. I might try it out myself to see if it I'm able to predict the winner :">

I would like to add though that the backstory criteria and factors that stand out (skin color, body size, occupation, etc.) to IMG may significantly outweigh other components for certain girls. Some girls I think IMG will favor even more are Brazil, Croatia, Curacao, Iraq, and USA. Last year's Miss Kenya, Peru, Canada, and Haiti were all favored by IMG.

I don't think you need a backstory as remarkable as Miss Kenya or Haiti from last year, but it's definitely enough to place.


IMG did not favor anybody. When they took over they exercised their right to establish the rules and criteria, and judged accordingly. They actually stopped the favoring.
User avatar
ldamiss
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am
Country: South Africa (za)
Reputation: 246
Real Life Name/Nick: Dan
Date of Birth: 03 Aug 1960
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: IT
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby biancapamela » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you for posting. Great review! I love Maria as well and I currently have her as the girl to beat in this edition of Miss Universe. South Africa is my 1st runner up and Venezuela as my 2nd. I love Rachel, and I hope that she wakes up that sleeping dragon inside and unleash her fighting side soon. Her recent interviews are still very luck laster, I find her reserved and a bit timid. She really needs to show that she can go head to head with the other delegates to win Miss Universe.
User avatar
biancapamela
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: New York
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 120
Real Life Name/Nick: Clarence Ilanan
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Musical Theater

  • 1

Re: ● |Duchess Pre Arrival Review | ●

Postby The Duchess » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm

ldamiss wrote:
babycakes55 wrote:You have a very interesting criteria here. I might try it out myself to see if it I'm able to predict the winner :">

I would like to add though that the backstory criteria and factors that stand out (skin color, body size, occupation, etc.) to IMG may significantly outweigh other components for certain girls. Some girls I think IMG will favor even more are Brazil, Croatia, Curacao, Iraq, and USA. Last year's Miss Kenya, Peru, Canada, and Haiti were all favored by IMG.

I don't think you need a backstory as remarkable as Miss Kenya or Haiti from last year, but it's definitely enough to place.


IMG did not favor anybody. When they took over they exercised their right to establish the rules and criteria, and judged accordingly. They actually stopped the favoring.


Every ORG favours someone hahaha even we fprumers do, human nature and all
Image


THE DUCHESS WILL BE BACK SHORTLY- RECOVERING FROM MODERATE DEHYDRATION
User avatar
The Duchess
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2080
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music
Message: Write a message here


Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcde, arinitotle, arkenken, Bako, BeautyEnthusiast, boboro, cica-maca, gemsparks, Google Adsense [Bot], hawk, JamesCedricLim, khamuzzz, kylemontelibano, Majestic-12 [Bot], manilavibe, MaroneSergio, MiguJozy, Mildred Styles, minimalist, MissLaura, n_i_a_m, poke_her_face, suswot, Tatyanakemi, The.Apprentice, Thomas876, tzemtzem, UL123 and 10372 guests

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Supermodel International
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Supermodel International
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe


contact us to advertise with missosology
Reputation System ©'