TITAN'S TSUNAMI: MISS INDIA UNIVERSE AND SUPRANATIONAL 2017

TITAN'S TSUNAMI: MISS INDIA UNIVERSE AND SUPRANATIONAL 2017

Postby Titan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

TITAN'S TSUNAMI: MISS INDIA UNIVERSE AND MISS INDIA SUPRANATIONAL 2017

The 2017 edition of Miss Diva has been nothing but an upstream efforts from Lara and Times of India to re-vamp not only the selection process but also to be in line with the new requirements of the Miss Universe Organization (MUO). To improvise the efforts, Lara not only met the MUO this year in July but also invited the reining Miss Universe - Iris Mittenaere and the CEO - Paula Shugart.

Overall the batch is on par with previous year but the training is what has made the difference. Also, the profiles of girls are interesting and some of them have been previous Miss India contestants and ready to claim their throne.

In my review, I found 5 girls stronger in beauty, body and overall X-factor than the others. Of which, 2 of them are my absolute winners and surely guarantee a placement at Miss Universe and Miss Supranational.

Here is the in-depth review of these 2 ladies:

KINDLY NOTE: My rating and scores are based on International standards and potential that I can envision from contestants. For instance: An overall score of 9 would mean she is ready to be among Top 5 at Miss Universe and would be among favorites of the competition.

APEKSHA PORWAL
OVERALL RATING: 8.7
PREDICTION: TOP 10 at MISS UNIVERSE 2017

Apeksha is my overall choice for representing India at Miss Universe competition this year in Las Vegas. She has been training hard over the past few years and has moulded herself well in building an overall profile that looks prolific at the Miss Universe stage. She has been veteran in pageants and being associated with leading talent agencies, she has certain finesse in her angels.

Beauty and Body: SCORE - 8.5

One of the most photogenic faces in the competition, Apeksha has amazing grace and confidence in front of the camera. She also has one of the best bodies and ramp walk skills that is something India needs to work on with their delegates at Miss Universe. I think she needs very minor preparation and important tips in accordance with Miss Universe and she is ready to sizzle in front of the camera like a pro. She has that spunk that Roshmita lacked, subtlety that Urvashi missed out on and better body that Noyonita and Manasi.

Titan's Tip: She resembles Chhavi Verg (1st Runner-Up Miss USA 2017) and registers well with the international audience with her global appeal. She should channel her if she were to connect better with MUO. Her face could come across as harsh if not styled well that she needs to be considerate of. Accentuate your amazing facial beauty with minimalistic approach.

Profile: SCORE 8.9

This is what sets Apeksha Porwal apart from other girls. She carries her own personality and does not comes across as pageant patty at all. And this is not an easy thing to do. I am impressed with her work with the NGO and her aspirations to be an actor. I think, IMG would appreciate her profile given she has been working on it for quite some time now. She does represent modern Indian women like Manasi Moghe and Shilpa Singh who brought their own game and still got recognized by the judges. It is time we create a Apeksha and not just compare with the previous title holders. Something we can learn from the Asha and Srinidhi.

X-Factor: 8.6

I do believe she can be a stand out in the current pool of Miss Universe. She would surely not be a front-runner but a silent underdog who would be one of the best performers at the prelims. She needs to believe in herself and project her best version because she has all the elements that we like to see in a Miss Universe top girl. Her X-factor lies in her beauty, confidence to speak her mind and her projection as a modern Indian women.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

TEJASWINI MANOGNA

OVERALL RATING: 8.7

PREDICTION AT MISS UNIVERSE - TOP 10
PREDICTION AT MISS SUPRANATIONAL - MISS ASIA & OCEANIA

Tejaswini is another of my choice that is perfect to represent at both: Miss Universe and Miss Supranational. She has very refreshing beauty like Srinidhi Shetty and outstanding academic profile that Miss Universe tends to appreciate.

BEAUTY and BODY: 8.6

Gorgeous! She is the face of the pageant and I absolutely love her ability to transform from a simple girl next door to vivacious and sultry women on lens. She is just stunning and reminds me a lot of Asha Bhat who went on to win Miss Supranational. But she needs some training in the body department and that seems her Achilles heel since both Miss Universe and Miss Supranational do demand for fitter bodies, although Miss Universe has started to look beyond that lately. If chosen to represent at Miss Universe, her beauty alone will take her far in the competition.

PROFILE: 9.0

Now this is where, Tejaswini leads the pack. Being a Doctor and outstanding throughout her academics with awards and medals on National level, she can draw parallel to Kara MacCollough, Miss USA and stand strong. Her valedictorian speech is very inspirational and I am sure she will top the interview round at Miss Diva and be among the top 5 in Miss Universe and MS. Hers is a story that resembles to common Indian girl who aspire to not only excel in education but want to route out and carve their own journey.

X-FACTOR: 8.4

This where she needs to hold her ground. She can be a great contestant but considering it is her first time at pageants, she does need that training in ramp skills, fitter body and a bigger picture to understand how to work her profile and brand herself in the international arena. Nonetheless, she is very beautiful girl and I do feel her representation will open a door for a new lineage of women that bodes well with the requirements of Miss Universe and offers a newer and fresher versions of Lara, Sushmita and Celina at Miss Universe.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also like Shraddha Shashidhar - Shannon Gonsalves - Shelly Kataria - Spatika Surpaneni and feel all of them are strong finalists as well. They all are a bit more raw and needs grooming and training to develop into their full potential. Overall this is a promising batch and had there been more time to prepare for international pageant, I would have pitted Shraddha and Spatika as my firm alternates. Shelly is very beautiful but unfortunately does not fits the bill for either of the pageant in question. Shannon is very graceful and would do well at Miss United Continents. I highly recommend her to come back for Miss India 2018.

Whatever may be the outcome, I am very happy India is stepping up their game for Miss Universe. I only wish the momentum is not disrupted but it build further to get Top 5/3 placements to make Miss Universe more relevant pageant in India.

Good luck to all the girls!

Titan
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 26 Sep 2015
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ........
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: ........

Re: TITAN'S TSUNAMI: MISS INDIA UNIVERSE AND SUPRANATIONAL 2

Postby swasti1678 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 am

Nice review Titan. :=p

Agree with you on Apeksha. Given that Miss universe kicks off in less than three weeks, Apeksha can be india's bet. However, I did not find her consistently standing out throughout the competition. She looked the best sometimes and sometime, very average. That could be a serious issue. But again, we haven't seen the episodes yet; so shouldn't comment like that.

I am a big fan of Teju but I want her to take a year for preparation and then come back to claim the first prize. Girls like her should represent India in the biggest platforms. As you said, IMG is looking beyond the physical fitness and all, but I don't want Teju to be only considered as a 'Woman of substance' only; if trained well, she will be a force to reckon with and people will not assume that 'Oh she has a great resume; thats why'....

I am bit leaning toward Shannon for the supranational win tonight. She has improved by leaps.

All the best, Girls.
swasti1678
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Swasthika
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: IT Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Singing

Postby Prissila » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:23 am

I'm not follow your pageant!but I'm not a fan of these 2!!in my eyes they r a clapper in Miss Universe !!beauty wise-ur winner can sit in the same class with Rachel Peters !!old looking!Teeth!!she looks older than Rachel Peters!!i often see this kind of face for manly tranny in thailand ..I'm sorry I'm direct!!
My opinions here is the most important in beauty pageant world!!!
Prissila
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Prissila Paradise
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1917
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: beauty expert&pageant expert
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant!
Message: Mortals!!!Finally the Universe choose me!!!Learn to live with the Queen!!I'm a mother of Universe!!!

Postby patch adams,md » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:18 am

It's Apeksha for me, too all the way. How i wish Tejaswini was moulded first before Miss Diva, but this experience can also make her wiser for a comeback next year.
Monica and Shannon can also be good alternates for Universe and Supra, respectively.
patch adams,md
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Angelo
Date of Birth: 06 Sep 1976
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Health professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: reading , singing and dreaming

Return to Miss Universe