A Unique Girl Auditions For Ms Malaysia Universe 2018

A Unique Girl Auditions For Ms Malaysia Universe 2018

Postby sophie j » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:10 am

In a world in which we're constantly judged based on our looks, it's hard to not feel insecure about our appearances sometimes. But Sabahan Evita Delmundo, born with moles all over her body, learned a long time ago to not give a damn.

The 20-year-old beauty just auditioned for Miss Universe Malaysia 2018 and now wants to prove to everyone that appearances aren't everything. Even if she doesn't get selected, Evita told ELLE that she is determined to participate in other beauty pageants – in other words, nothing can stop her.

Who are you?
I'm Evita Patcey Edgar Delmundo but I just go by Evita. I'm 20 years old and am a Rungus-Filipino mix. I was born and raised in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and am the second of five children. Right now, I'm currently working part-time at a cat cafe (I love cats!) and am an aspiring beauty queen. During my free time, I love singing, drawing and playing the guitar.

Did you face any challenges because of how you look, growing up?
It definitely wasn't easy for me. I got bullied in primary school and the other kids would call me names like 'Monster' or 'Chipsmore', which was really tough to swallow as a young girl. I was really timid and I shied away as I didn't know how to deal with it all. In fact, I've even asked my dad to come to the school to scold the mean kids!

Luckily, the bullying lessened later on. My mother taught at my high school, so I was lucky to have support from her and the other teachers. It was when I attended a church camp at the age of 16 that I really learned how to love myself and communicate with others. This was probably the first time I truly started accepting who I was, how I look.

Have you ever thought of removing your moles?
At first, I really wanted to. But after seeking advice from doctors, I learned that it could be a risk to my health. So I just had to accept that this is the body I've been given. But now I'm grateful I didn't change anything.

How do you deal with negative comments about how you look?
I just be myself and try to ignore people who stare or make rude comments. I don't think it's necessary to fight back with more negativity. Haters really don't deserve my attention.

On the other hand, what's the best thing anyone's ever said to you?
Some of my Instagram followers [editor's note: Evita has over 34,000 followers and counting] have told me that I'm their idol or that they look up to me and see me as an inspiration. Knowing that I have such a positive effect on others really keeps me going.

Why did you audition for Miss Universe Malaysia?
It's always been a dream for me to try out for Miss Universe Malaysia. I feel like it's a good way for me to showcase my uniqueness and newfound confidence, and hopefully I can also inspire others. I think my audition went well, so I'm just hoping to get a callback from the organisation soon!

You also met Miss Universe Malaysia 2017 Samantha Katie James. Did she give you any advice?
She reminded me to stay true to myself and to never forget where I came from, if I do make it as Miss Universe Malaysia. She said to never lose sight of why I joined the competition in the first place and that as long as I can remember that, I'll go far.

What are your favourite makeup products?
For lips, like many girls, I'm obsessed with the Kylie Lip Kit, specifically the nude shade. For eyes, I love the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette.

What's your definition of beauty?
Beauty is not just what's on the outside; it's not someone with the perfect face or the perfect body. Beauty is who you are as a person and how you love yourself. It's never about perfection.

Who is your role model and why?
I really look up to Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach because she's so much more than a pretty face, she's also got a beautiful heart. I also admire her confidence and how she carries herself.

What advice would you give to others who might be insecure about their appearances?
None of us are born perfect and all of us have our own strengths and weaknesses. So don't see any of your flaws as a barrier to achieving what you want. At the end of the day, everyone has something special about them, so be proud of whatever makes you 'you.'

sophie j
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Sophie
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: travelling

Re: A Unique Girl Auditions For Ms Malaysia Universe 2018

Postby tmc_1979 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:13 pm

You go, Girl! :=p :=p :=p

The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams because beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.
tmc_1979
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Carl
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Media Practitioner
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Optimistic Pessimist

Postby IanC062 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:54 pm

God, I hate bullies.
I am not gonna pretend that I am the nicest person ever, but looking at it all now, who do we think we are to judge?

She's a strong person. I hope she keeps her head held high !
IanC062
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Postby GoBrazil » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

I hope she finds what she's looking for! If her country and the MUO gives her a chance to show her story it would be a nice life lesson! Because last edition Canada's case I did not buy that. It was too fake! She was already a 1st RU at 2015 Miss Supranational, and she was skinny. In Miss Universe 1 year later she was non-standard ?! I don't think so. People do nota change like this out of the blue . What was Sieras excuse? Hypothyroidism? But Evita alreay has this uniqueness by birthday, she is a non-standard by birth! I want to see her making it! I wish you success Evita!!!
GoBrazil

Real Life Name/Nick: Vai Brasil
Date of Birth: 11 Mar 1975
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Tourism Bachelor
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Too many to fit in here.

Postby DORABIAN » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 pm

VERY STRONG BACKSTORY!
IMAGINE THIS GIRL WALKING IN SWIMSUIT WITH EXPOSING MOLES ALL OVER HER BODY! ITS MEAN PUBLICITY FOR IMG!
MALAYSIA THIS IS IT! IF YOU WANT TO PLACE SEND THIS GIRL TO MISS UNIVERSE!
THE UGLIEST WINNER IN BIG FOUR PAGEANTS (BIG 3 RATHER).
DORABIAN
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby pitbull » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 pm

With or without the moles Sabahan is already a strong contender! She is gorgeous and has a very strong backstory. To win Miss Universe, I don't know but definitely a strong contender for Top 13 IF her communication skills are great :)>- :)>- :)>-
Poll Season
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1552179

[youtube]hHNCfl0yOQ4[/youtube][youtube]yfJY0Qg56yw[/youtube][youtube]hwvwn2V03rs[/youtube]
pitbull
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Robbie!!!!!
Date of Birth: 24 Aug 1996
Profession: Nothing
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe
Message: Hello!!! If You want to get to know me better, don't be afraid to PM me

Return to Miss Universe