MISS UNIVERSE JAMAICA 2022 is Toshami Calvin

Re: MISS UNIVERSE JAMAICA 2022 is Toshami Calvin

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:13 pm

obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:When are the miss universe finals ?

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay
They were trying to lock down the "perfect venue" as Paula put it. So New Orleans, LA is the best venue according to them

So it’s not even overseas ? Kmt she could have held the pageant At Atlantic City Kmt . Miss universe 22 is being crowned in 23 that’s means another short reign for the 22 queen

yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby obrigado » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:24 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay
They were trying to lock down the "perfect venue" as Paula put it. So New Orleans, LA is the best venue according to them

So it’s not even overseas ? Kmt she could have held the pageant At Atlantic City Kmt . Miss universe 22 is being crowned in 23 that’s means another short reign for the 22 queen

i must admit that i usually enjoy the overseas productions much better than the local ones.
obrigado
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: obrigado
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: fashion merchandiser
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: fashion, tennis, travel

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:07 pm

obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay

i must admit that i usually enjoy the overseas productions much better than the local ones.

Yea local pageants are usually dull and boring
yellowyam1

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:17 pm

So saw a video of the queen in another ill fitted uzri creation. I don’t understand why these people don’t realize that they’re not good at designing Kmt. The suit that she had on looks 80s, made her hips looked wide. Her legs are stunning and so is her smile. I am so worried about her fashions at miss universe . Why don’t her team just use other designers? These people are limited and recycle the same tacky recreations. I know people on her are going to defend them but we need to call a spade a spade . I’ve seen so many younger and fresher designers killing it in Jamaica there is no reason for our queen to looked as if she is shopping out of her mother’s closet.
Annoyed
yellowyam1

Postby tedjay » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:29 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay

Paula Ceo of Miss U org mentioned a few months back that they didn't want Miss U to conflict with the World Cup. However, since she made that comment several things have developed .... 1) Miss Universe was sold and 2) it was announced that the 71st competition would be in New Orleans and 72nd will be in Thailand in December 2023. Additionally Fox is no longer a broadcast partner with Miss Universe so I'm going to assume that's the main reason why it's being held in 2023 as opposed to 2022 as contracts with current broadcasting partner which is ROKU TV was not finalized in time to have it in 2022.....
Having been to New Orleans several times.... I can see why as a host city it makes sense. It's a city filled with excursions, culture, food, diversity, activities etc and the new owner Ann of MUO mentioned she wanted places that attracts a lot of tourist and NOLA sure does that.
tedjay
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: INTL Pageant Consultant/ Life Coach
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby obrigado » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:32 pm

tedjay wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay

Paula Ceo of Miss U org mentioned a few months back that they didn't want Miss U to conflict with the World Cup. However, since she made that comment several things have developed .... 1) Miss Universe was sold and 2) it was announced that the 71st competition would be in New Orleans and 72nd will be in Thailand in December 2023. Additionally Fox is no longer a broadcast partner with Miss Universe so I'm going to assume that's the main reason why it's being held in 2023 as opposed to 2022 as contracts with current broadcasting partner which is ROKU TV was not finalized in time to have it in 2022.....
Having been to New Orleans several times.... I can see why as a host city it makes sense. It's a city filled with excursions, culture, food, diversity, activities etc and the new owner Ann of MUO mentioned she wanted places that attracts a lot of tourist and NOLA sure does that.

i am not concerned about the host city. I am concerned about the staging and entertainment.
obrigado

Postby tedjay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:19 am

obrigado wrote:
tedjay wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
obrigado wrote:

Jan 14th, 2023.

Thanks but why the delay

i am not concerned about the host city. I am concerned about the staging and entertainment.

I feel the production this year will be top touch. MUO is now owned by Thai holding and conglomerate JKN Global Group based in Thailand and when its comes on to pageants and their productions.. they get it right almost always.....the Miss Universe Thailand show this year was one of the better produced pageants in years. Additionally it's the first year under new ownership, I would imagine the owner would want to make a good first impression.
tedjay

Postby A what the rasswasthat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:58 am

yellowyam1 wrote:So saw a video of the queen in another ill fitted uzri creation. I don’t understand why these people don’t realize that they’re not good at designing Kmt. The suit that she had on looks 80s, made her hips looked wide. Her legs are stunning and so is her smile. I am so worried about her fashions at miss universe . Why don’t her team just use other designers? These people are limited and recycle the same tacky recreations. I know people on her are going to defend them but we need to call a spade a spade . I’ve seen so many younger and fresher designers killing it in Jamaica there is no reason for our queen to looked as if she is shopping out of her mother’s closet.
Annoyed

Yellow I recently reached out to a few fashion design MVP's who showed their collection during Sep. NY and outside the US fashion week and the designs were of the chain....Their response through their reps; they loved Tosh pics/height and stats but was very tentative with them wanting to know if they do donate a few pieces will their designs be recognized/announced as theirs. I could not guarantee them that and few years back I had a bad response from a certain "big wig" in the MUJ org and all I did was hook him up with a crown designer from VEN who did deliver. Yellow MI sey di man fiesty nu rass and all mi did a du was try fi help out and never sey mi have anything fi do wid dem org and was begging the crown designer a bly. ....Mi shame wen the crown designer forwarded what the "big wig" responded to him about me but feisty still tek the deal and crown..and the damn "big wig" don't know mi but still RENK nu RASS and I don't give a damn if him read this and vex.....Yellow all we can do is hope and pray Tosh gets a break but as I was told in a post "when Uzuri have a sure thing they go all out with the gown...." so I will leave it at that...
A what the rasswasthat
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: A
Date of Birth: 27 Sep 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: my damn business
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: my damn business

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:20 am

A what the rasswasthat wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:So saw a video of the queen in another ill fitted uzri creation. I don’t understand why these people don’t realize that they’re not good at designing Kmt. The suit that she had on looks 80s, made her hips looked wide. Her legs are stunning and so is her smile. I am so worried about her fashions at miss universe . Why don’t her team just use other designers? These people are limited and recycle the same tacky recreations. I know people on her are going to defend them but we need to call a spade a spade . I’ve seen so many younger and fresher designers killing it in Jamaica there is no reason for our queen to looked as if she is shopping out of her mother’s closet.
Annoyed

Yellow I recently reached out to a few fashion design MVP's who showed their collection during Sep. NY and outside the US fashion week and the designs were of the chain....Their response through their reps; they loved Tosh pics/height and stats but was very tentative with them wanting to know if they do donate a few pieces will their designs be recognized/announced as theirs. I could not guarantee them that and few years back I had a bad response from a certain "big wig" in the MUJ org and all I did was hook him up with a crown designer from VEN who did deliver. Yellow MI sey di man fiesty nu rass and all mi did a du was try fi help out and never sey mi have anything fi do wid dem org and was begging the crown designer a bly. ....Mi shame wen the crown designer forwarded what the "big wig" responded to him about me but feisty still tek the deal and crown..and the damn "big wig" don't know mi but still RENK nu RASS and I don't give a damn if him read this and vex.....Yellow all we can do is hope and pray Tosh gets a break but as I was told in a post "when Uzuri have a sure thing they go all out with the gown...." so I will leave it at that...

The people at mju are nasty and rude. If you’re not kissing their asses they block you. Ig and Facebook they stay on block button. If you say how I don’t like the queen’s hair they block you so fast. Instead of getting feed back and make corrections
Miss universe starts the minute you stepped on the scene. They watch how you carry yourself throughout the pageant. Uzuri is outdated and stale with bad designs. All the other queens that went to the other pageants this year they might not have placed most of them but they looked current and their outfits were on point.
Here we have a stunning woman with bad fashions. The suit was ill fitted made her hips looked bigger, she doesn’t need anything that make her hips look bigger. The cape thing is two years ago, the fabrics looked like fake silk .
I am sure they will come up with a great gown but will that be enough to save her ?
The gown that she wore at the national pageant is nice they can rework it and send her to miss universe in it .
Anyways and this is not bashing the queen, none of this is her fault. So sweetie if you’re reading this please don’t take it to heart . It’s your team and not you .
yellowyam1

Postby A what the rasswasthat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:17 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Annoyed

The people at mju are nasty and rude. If you’re not kissing their asses they block you. Ig and Facebook they stay on block button. If you say how I don’t like the queen’s hair they block you so fast. Instead of getting feed back and make corrections
Miss universe starts the minute you stepped on the scene. They watch how you carry yourself throughout the pageant. Uzuri is outdated and stale with bad designs. All the other queens that went to the other pageants this year they might not have placed most of them but they looked current and their outfits were on point.
Here we have a stunning woman with bad fashions. The suit was ill fitted made her hips looked bigger, she doesn’t need anything that make her hips look bigger. The cape thing is two years ago, the fabrics looked like fake silk .
I am sure they will come up with a great gown but will that be enough to save her ?
The gown that she wore at the national pageant is nice they can rework it and send her to miss universe in it .
Anyways and this is not bashing the queen, none of this is her fault. So sweetie if you’re reading this please don’t take it to heart . It’s your team and not you .

Tosh, if you are reading this WE ARE NOT BASHING YOU. Please bring home that crown...but Yellow....mi rass. And the thing is all I was doing was hooking him up with my contact in VEN and asking for him to push down on the price of the crown yet my man in Jamaica went off on my ass and made it clear "I do not represent or have any association with their org.!!!" Yellow I swear to GOD when I call my contact all I said to him was if he could send a few crown designs and gave him the address and phone number I found on the net. I told him I am in no way associated with the org but need his help because the man create ALL the Miss VEN crowns and talk about a WOW but them expensive so being Jamaican the "BLY" came in and my friend laughed and said he would help out...Y mi backside when my contact send me a copy of what Mr Feisty Bigshot sey bout me and the thing is I have never met the man or want to but di rass WRENK!....NEVER again and all I wanted to do when I reached out few weeks back was help Tosh but that is it.....Mr Big Shot WRENK did not ask for my help and I am going to leave them alone....TOSH stand firm and win please....YOU can do it.
A what the rasswasthat

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:52 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Annoyed

Tosh, if you are reading this WE ARE NOT BASHING YOU. Please bring home that crown...but Yellow....mi rass. And the thing is all I was doing was hooking him up with my contact in VEN and asking for him to push down on the price of the crown yet my man in Jamaica went off on my ass and made it clear "I do not represent or have any association with their org.!!!" Yellow I swear to GOD when I call my contact all I said to him was if he could send a few crown designs and gave him the address and phone number I found on the net. I told him I am in no way associated with the org but need his help because the man create ALL the Miss VEN crowns and talk about a WOW but them expensive so being Jamaican the "BLY" came in and my friend laughed and said he would help out...Y mi backside when my contact send me a copy of what Mr Feisty Bigshot sey bout me and the thing is I have never met the man or want to but di rass WRENK!....NEVER again and all I wanted to do when I reached out few weeks back was help Tosh but that is it.....Mr Big Shot WRENK did not ask for my help and I am going to leave them alone....TOSH stand firm and win please....YOU can do it.
yellowyam1

Postby red*bird35 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:18 am

Come on guys. I am not a fan of Uzuri’s fashion, but what do you expect? They are fashion designers and the holders of the franchise. Of course they are going to make sure that the gowns worn at prelim and finals are their own designs. We would do exactly the same if we were in their position. It’s like asking Channel to allow an unaffiliated designer to share in a Channel runway show. Absolutely NOT! If you have a problem with it then just buy the franchise from them.
It's not Personal, It's Pageantry (TM).

[youtube]aUtRN6J3Nwo[/youtube]
red*bird35

Real Life Name/Nick: redbird35
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: fashion
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby A what the rasswasthat » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:03 am

red*bird35 wrote:Come on guys. I am not a fan of Uzuri’s fashion, but what do you expect? They are fashion designers and the holders of the franchise. Of course they are going to make sure that the gowns worn at prelim and finals are their own designs. We would do exactly the same if we were in their position. It’s like asking Channel to allow an unaffiliated designer to share in a Channel runway show. Absolutely NOT! If you have a problem with it then just buy the franchise from them.

Red bird true but question. How many reps train in other pageant extreme countries and are not afraid to state it? Last year Miss USA's gown was commissioned and made in the Philippines and look at the designers here in the US. The same designer Cinco also dressed two of the competition’s judges – Bollywood star and former Miss India Urvashi Rautela and Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere – in both the preliminaries and final competition.The man even designed for Mittenaere during her final walk, and has created evening gowns for Miss Canada, Miss Romania, Miss Argentina, Miss Uruguay and Miss Czech Republic in past competitions.Not saying the MUJ Bigshotwrenk cannot give it a try but if you do not have the resources or the talent....you know what I mean and they should give the same attention to every contestant who they send to represent not just a few. Red bird they are just out of step and the hit and miss they give the contestants is not right....Did they really think that tin foil crap they gave Miqueal Symone to wear was going to be a hit? Did they have her fit the dress and take a good look to see if it would complement the girl? Red bird again it is none of my damn businesss but I hope Tosh get's something decent and use her beauty, intelligence and growing outgoing personality to wow the judges and win.
A what the rasswasthat

Postby yellowyam1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:12 am

red*bird35 wrote:Come on guys. I am not a fan of Uzuri’s fashion, but what do you expect? They are fashion designers and the holders of the franchise. Of course they are going to make sure that the gowns worn at prelim and finals are their own designs. We would do exactly the same if we were in their position. It’s like asking Channel to allow an unaffiliated designer to share in a Channel runway show. Absolutely NOT! If you have a problem with it then just buy the franchise from them.

The gowns are usually a hit or miss. But they’re very dated and not up date like other designers that have the funds. I’ve seems alot of younger designers in Jamaica killing the game right now. None of that lace, mesh cut out crap but actual pageants pageants.
Anyways I was more speaking of the queens wardrobe during the pageant. Some of the outfits have the girls looking they’re going to church or to a disco ball. Even if they use their own gown fine but at lease get some pieces from current on trend designers.
Hell if they don’t have the money put the girls in heels and jeans and few nice blazers and call it the day you can’t go wrong with that
yellowyam1

Postby yellowyam1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:18 am

Red bird true but question. How many reps train in other pageant extreme countries and are not afraid to state it? Last year Miss USA's gown was commissioned and made in the Philippines and look at the designers here in the US. The same designer Cinco also dressed two of the competition’s judges – Bollywood star and former Miss India Urvashi Rautela and Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere – in both the preliminaries and final competition.The man even designed for Mittenaere during her final walk, and has created evening gowns for Miss Canada, Miss Romania, Miss Argentina, Miss Uruguay and Miss Czech Republic in past competitions.Not saying the MUJ Bigshotwrenk cannot give it a try but if you do not have the resources or the talent....you know what I mean and they should give the same attention to every contestant who they send to represent not just a few. Red bird they are just out of step and the hit and miss they give the contestants is not right....Did they really think that tin foil crap they gave Miqueal Symone to wear was going to be a hit? Did they have her fit the dress and take a good look to see if it would complement the girl? Red bird again it is none of my damn businesss but I hope Tosh get's something decent and use her beauty, intelligence and growing outgoing personality to wow the judges and win.

Yes I was mad as hell at that tin foil frock. They did a great job with that prelims gown I was mad they changed it like wtf ? Now had they asked the general public which one should she have worn it would have been the prelims gown. To be fair miqueal herself was in love with that gown so maybe that’s why they did the change which was a bad idea. And to top it off the execution of the gown was bad and did not fit properly.
Anyways let’s see what they do next month. They had all this time to get it together.
yellowyam1

Postby Criss_Vaughn » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:04 am

Agreed. I would do the exact same too. They have a business to promote and Im sure this is the main reason they bought the franchise - to use it as a platform to show off their designs on a world stage. Whether we like it or not, its a business move for them. And I wont tell them to get other designers cause I sure wouldn't. But I will just hope that they get more innovative.

And if you noticed, this year, I havent complained about the fashion choices at all on here, because whats the point? We literally complain about the same thing year after after after year, and after over a decade, nothing has changed. And once Uzuri is still the franchise holder, nothing will change. So it makes no sense to complain.

And I may sound like a broken record but Im gonna say it again. Toshami is not being judge on her outfit choices, etc. now, or even when she gets to New Orleans and she's attending diff activities during the week prior to the pageant. I just want her to have a good interview outfit (Deana's outfit last year was horrendous). And I want her to have a good gown. The ladies will also be designing their own capes for the swimsuit competition this year too and I hope Uzuri does something nice there as well. Everything else, it is what it is and what its going to be is what it will be. I remember the year Miqueal competed when everyone was raving about Miss Thailand carrying like over 100 pieces of designer clothing to Miss Universe and Miqueal Symone's wardrobe that entire time were a hit or miss. But guess what, they both ended up in the Top 10. Their evening gowns killed their chances of excelling further and partially Miqueal's late entry to the stage. So if Uzuri can recreate the magic of Kaci's gown which sealed the deal for her in Top 5, and recreate the magic of Davina Bennett's gown which stood out from the rest and gave her one of the highest EG scores, and if they can recreate the stunning EG Miqueal wore during the preliminaries, then they have done their job. Everything else is gonna be a hit or miss, some of which will be tacky and we just need to accept that lol.
Criss_Vaughn

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: IT Tech
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Art and Movies

Postby yellowyam1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:47 am

Criss_Vaughn wrote:

Agreed. I would do the exact same too. They have a business to promote and Im sure this is the main reason they bought the franchise - to use it as a platform to show off their designs on a world stage. Whether we like it or not, its a business move for them. And I wont tell them to get other designers cause I sure wouldn't. But I will just hope that they get more innovative.

And if you noticed, this year, I havent complained about the fashion choices at all on here, because whats the point? We literally complain about the same thing year after after after year, and after over a decade, nothing has changed. And once Uzuri is still the franchise holder, nothing will change. So it makes no sense to complain.

And I may sound like a broken record but Im gonna say it again. Toshami is not being judge on her outfit choices, etc. now, or even when she gets to New Orleans and she's attending diff activities during the week prior to the pageant. I just want her to have a good interview outfit (Deana's outfit last year was horrendous). And I want her to have a good gown. The ladies will also be designing their own capes for the swimsuit competition this year too and I hope Uzuri does something nice there as well. Everything else, it is what it is and what its going to be is what it will be. I remember the year Miqueal competed when everyone was raving about Miss Thailand carrying like over 100 pieces of designer clothing to Miss Universe and Miqueal Symone's wardrobe that entire time were a hit or miss. But guess what, they both ended up in the Top 10. Their evening gowns killed their chances of excelling further and partially Miqueal's late entry to the stage. So if Uzuri can recreate the magic of Kaci's gown which sealed the deal for her in Top 5, and recreate the magic of Davina Bennett's gown which stood out from the rest and gave her one of the highest EG scores, and if they can recreate the stunning EG Miqueal wore during the preliminaries, then they have done their job. Everything else is gonna be a hit or miss, some of which will be tacky and we just need to accept that lol.

Very well said, but are people still wearing Uzuri creations these days ? from what I am seeing on IG celebrities are wearing the newer designers that’s are so fresh and current none of that 90s prom mess .
Kaci’s gown as stunning as it is would be considered dated today, Davina’s stunning as it is would be considered dated, and to be fair the gown that Tomi wore at mju is nice if they could rework it and make it more up to date it would be great. Well maybe Uzuri should hire new designers and use them for business. It’s only a matter of time before they go out of business. Jamaica is advanced now, people know what good quality is . And like you said we complained year after year and nothing is being done lol what a pity.?
yellowyam1

Postby tedjay » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:15 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:

Very well said, but are people still wearing Uzuri creations these days ? from what I am seeing on IG celebrities are wearing the newer designers that’s are so fresh and current none of that 90s prom mess .
Kaci’s gown as stunning as it is would be considered dated today, Davina’s stunning as it is would be considered dated, and to be fair the gown that Tomi wore at mju is nice if they could rework it and make it more up to date it would be great. Well maybe Uzuri should hire new designers and use them for business. It’s only a matter of time before they go out of business. Jamaica is advanced now, people know what good quality is . And like you said we complained year after year and nothing is being done lol what a pity.?

Just a little FYI.....Miquael's gown wasn't as bad as it appeared on camera. Some of these gowns don't translate well on camera due to the lighting. It looked way better in person on stage. Quite frankly, it looked like 2 very different dresses. Couldn't belive that was the same gown.

Uzuri's main problem is that they need to work on EDITING. Even their most well designed creations, there's always something on the dress that can be removed or executed better.

The thing is designers are sensitive about their creations and when they feel it's complete.....then who's going to tell them otherwise.

As far as Toshami is concerned, all she really needs to do is perform when it matters and that is at the preliminary interview, swimsuit and even gown competition; that's it stay engaged in NoLA and be respectful to the MUO staff, sponsors and her competitors. That will secure her a semi finalist spot. At that point, its for her to shine and set the bar so high with her performance that there's no denying her a top placement.

I think the problem with prior Miss Jamaica is with the exception on Yendi, they're performance is right on par with their main competition.
tedjay

Postby A what the rasswasthat » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:16 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:

Yes I was mad as hell at that tin foil frock. They did a great job with that prelims gown I was mad they changed it like wtf ? Now had they asked the general public which one should she have worn it would have been the prelims gown. To be fair miqueal herself was in love with that gown so maybe that’s why they did the change which was a bad idea. And to top it off the execution of the gown was bad and did not fit properly.
Anyways let’s see what they do next month. They had all this time to get it together.

Yellow all we want is our rep to win..that is it. But if the designer/org had a sense of current trends they would realize as with any fashion house; you fit the model and if the design does not work with the model you change it using pictures, video and general consensus. Not because the model/contestant like the design if it does not work for her it does not work for her.... Anyway if they need any help (watch mi a get miself involved in dem business again, but I want TOSH to win and she can..) They can always visit this site: https://www.firstview.net
They have all the major design houses pic of their collections for every season, that can give them ideas and see the trends i.e color, fabric and overall style..AGAIN I am sorry for even suggesting and no one asked but you have to be seen; catch the eye of the org and preliminary judges on stage then give a damn good Q & A during the close door interview for top 10 or what new number.. On final night you have to stand out because we still do not know what separates the top 10 or whatever number they are going for so we can assume it is their showing on stage during SS and evening gown to put them in the top 5. Then we have the top 5 or is it now 7 with the next round of Q & A but factor in presence and beauty..Good luck TOSH....YOU can do it lady..
A what the rasswasthat

Postby obrigado » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:16 am

Time is running out. I agree that they can be hit or miss. Sometimes they draw inspiration from the past instead of looking at future trends.
obrigado

Postby red*bird35 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:18 am

yellowyam1 wrote:

Yellow all we want is our rep to win..that is it. But if the designer/org had a sense of current trends they would realize as with any fashion house; you fit the model and if the design does not work with the model you change it using pictures, video and general consensus. Not because the model/contestant like the design if it does not work for her it does not work for her.... Anyway if they need any help (watch mi a get miself involved in dem business again, but I want TOSH to win and she can..) They can always visit this site: https://www.firstview.net
They have all the major design houses pic of their collections for every season, that can give them ideas and see the trends i.e color, fabric and overall style..AGAIN I am sorry for even suggesting and no one asked but you have to be seen; catch the eye of the org and preliminary judges on stage then give a damn good Q & A during the close door interview for top 10 or what new number.. On final night you have to stand out because we still do not know what separates the top 10 or whatever number they are going for so we can assume it is their showing on stage during SS and evening gown to put them in the top 5. Then we have the top 5 or is it now 7 with the next round of Q & A but factor in presence and beauty..Good luck TOSH....YOU can do it lady..

Yendi’s gown was HORRIBLE and it was Uzuri. But she was holding hands at the end. What does that tell you? Demi-Leigh Nell Peters had a horrible gown and styling in Miss Universe 2017 prelims but she still made the cut and eventually won. So YES, the gown and more importantly the styling is VERY important, but it is not dispositive. Ximena and Demi-Leigh were simply just more beautiful than Yendi and Davina. However, that’s not the end of the story — Yendi’s answer was polarizing. Davina’s answer was not grammatically correct. What does that mean — if you are not the most beautiful objectively, then you gotta knock it out of the park on everything else to overcome that.

So yeah — Toshami’s styling and gown are gonna matter. But it won’t make a difference if she is not bringing the rest of the full package. So let’s keep our fingers crossed that Uzuri gets it right. But Miss Universe is not a best gown competition. Nor is it a best face competition. Nor is it a best personality competition. Nor is it a best styling competition. Nor is it a best cause competition.

It is a pageant. Get into it!
It's not Personal, It's Pageantry (TM).

red*bird35

Real Life Name/Nick: redbird35
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby Criss_Vaughn » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:01 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:

Very well said, but are people still wearing Uzuri creations these days ? from what I am seeing on IG celebrities are wearing the newer designers that’s are so fresh and current none of that 90s prom mess.

Caribbean people do. Maybe some Jamaicans at diff events and I do see their gowns being worn at pageants within the Caribbean. I'm not counting their coins, but maybe they make enough based on the orders they receive, and are happy and content with where they are at.

I just want to know if they see a winner in Toshami. Because u really can tell the difference with the effort they put in when they know they have a sure shot at the crown. 2010 with Yendi, I'll give them a pass on the gown cause they were just getting started. And despite the gown not being the best, she still had the highest 2nd score and no matter what dress they prob put her in, Mexico's evening gown performance that night was breathtaking. Im surprised Mexico didnt get an even higher score. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, the gowns were horrible and rightfully so. None of those ladies stood a chance. In 2014, they know Kaci had a shot and gave her a gown to match. 2015 was Sharlene Radlein and she was iffy. 2016 was Isabel Dalley and she was a sure clapper. And her Muslim gown was one of the worst I've ever seen. 2017 when they had Davina, sure placer. They turned up. Emily had a pretty good dress too. Iana was a clapper all the way and her gown looked like it was designed in 2013 and they just pulled it out from the back of the closet and tossed it on her and Daena's dress last yr was a 'lets just put her in something' kinda dress. Miqueal, they knew they had a GOOD chance. Never have I ever seen them put as much effort as they did in someone like they did Miqueal. Miqueal was the first one to get TWO gowns. They tossed Daena in the same gown the following yr, cause why make 2 dresses.

So with that being said, Im not seeing the same effort they put in Miqueal shown in Toshami. Which makes me think they dont see as much potential in her. So it makes me a little more nervous about how they are gonna fully prepare her. If Bahamas and Aruba could've placed last yr, there's no reason Toshami cant just show up, impress the judges during interviews and prelims and get her placement. Those r the moments they need to get right. And Im gonna stand on that. Until prelims, her hair, makeup, styling, etc. is gonna look a damn mess half the time and I'll just settle with that.
Last edited by Criss_Vaughn on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Criss_Vaughn

Postby Criss_Vaughn » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:03 am

And one quick thing, I really didnt wanna say this and wanted to give Toshami her flowers after she won, but I still wish Rachel Silvera had won. And I really hope she re-enters at some time. She is a star. And I think she would've been a sure placer at Miss Universe just based on her beauty and stage presence alone.
Criss_Vaughn

Postby yellowyam1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:36 am

Criss_Vaughn wrote:And one quick thing, I really didnt wanna say this and wanted to give Toshami her flowers after she won, but I still wish Rachel Silvera had won. And I really hope she re-enters at some time. She is a star. And I think she would've been a sure placer at Miss Universe just based on her beauty and stage presence alone.

She is a gorgeous girl but she annoyed me with the extra ness. Way too pageant patty. I’m sure she would place easily though. But to be fair Tomi earned her crown fair and square. Tomi is going to be a knock at miss universe. The girl have one of the most stunning faces going to miss universe. I hope she comes out of her bubble and get Jamaica a placement. Anything after top 10 is a blessing
yellowyam1

Postby A what the rasswasthat » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:43 am

red*bird35 wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:

Yendi’s gown was HORRIBLE and it was Uzuri. But she was holding hands at the end. What does that tell you? Demi-Leigh Nell Peters had a horrible gown and styling in Miss Universe 2017 prelims but she still made the cut and eventually won. So YES, the gown and more importantly the styling is VERY important, but it is not dispositive. Ximena and Demi-Leigh were simply just more beautiful than Yendi and Davina. However, that’s not the end of the story — Yendi’s answer was polarizing. Davina’s answer was not grammatically correct. What does that mean — if you are not the most beautiful objectively, then you gotta knock it out of the park on everything else to overcome that.

So yeah — Toshami’s styling and gown are gonna matter. But it won’t make a difference if she is not bringing the rest of the full package. So let’s keep our fingers crossed that Uzuri gets it right. But Miss Universe is not a best gown competition. Nor is it a best face competition. Nor is it a best personality competition. Nor is it a best styling competition. Nor is it a best cause competition.

It is a pageant. Get into it!

Red bird I am not going to let the fowl out of the bag but apart from Yendi's MW stint she had a lot of help going directly to her....I KNOW THAT AS FACT. She knew she had to stand out and that SS presentation was hrs worth of watching past Miss Universe SS swimsuit and evening gown presentation with focus on the winner and strong runner up's...AGAIN I am going to SHET UP...LOL but she was also warned to not take sides in questions about: politics, religion, the death penalty and sexual orientation and if asked try to keep a middle of the road response and if possible answer with a question of her own...Don't know what happened but she went a bit too far with her response and ended up in the 1st runner up place.Most of those who ask for an interpretor can speak English but use the time to formulate a response, so it is safe to say projection is one thing. Another one of my all time fav, Ms Kaci who is a darling and was damn good at listening and taking advice..BUT the final Q&A with that man who could barely speak English is what screwed her and she should have asked or repeated the question to make sure she heard what was being asked....ALL water under the bridge but as you mentioned " Toshami’s styling and gown are gonna matter. But it won’t make a difference if she is not bringing the rest of the full package. So let’s keep our fingers crossed that Uzuri gets it right. But Miss Universe is not a best gown competition. Nor is it a best face competition. Nor is it a best personality competition. Nor is it a best styling competition. Nor is it a best cause competition."
The winner is usually the stand out in evening wear and SS along with the best answer. And even if you falter on the answer and have a damn good presentation you could be thee winner....
A what the rasswasthat

Postby Criss_Vaughn » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:17 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:And one quick thing, I really didnt wanna say this and wanted to give Toshami her flowers after she won, but I still wish Rachel Silvera had won. And I really hope she re-enters at some time. She is a star. And I think she would've been a sure placer at Miss Universe just based on her beauty and stage presence alone.

She is a gorgeous girl but she annoyed me with the extra ness. Way too pageant patty. I’m sure she would place easily though. But to be fair Tomi earned her crown fair and square. Tomi is going to be a knock at miss universe. The girl have one of the most stunning faces going to miss universe. I hope she comes out of her bubble and get Jamaica a placement. Anything after top 10 is a blessing

Toshami def earned her crown so even though I wanted Rachel to win, she didnt deserve to after both the Q&A rounds. Toshami understood the assignment perfectly and aced every section of the competition. Rachel overdid it a bit but thats something that can be toned down after the pageant. I do think she could re-enter though and be a great rep for Jamaica. Just not this year cause Tosh deserved it.

Personally, Im still iffy about Toshami making the 1st cut. I think with her, Id have to wait until prelims and that concerns me. If she had the speaking skills of a Miqueal or Yendi, I would've def given her that spot off bat.
Criss_Vaughn

Postby obrigado » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:25 pm

Criss_Vaughn wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:

Toshami def earned her crown so even though I wanted Rachel to win, she didnt deserve to after both the Q&A rounds. Toshami understood the assignment perfectly and aced every section of the competition. Rachel overdid it a bit but thats something that can be toned down after the pageant. I do think she could re-enter though and be a great rep for Jamaica. Just not this year cause Tosh deserved it.

Personally, Im still iffy about Toshami making the 1st cut. I think with her, Id have to wait until prelims and that concerns me. If she had the speaking skills of a Miqueal or Yendi, I would've def given her that spot off bat.

For me, my main concern is her public speaking and interview skills. She has the look, the walk, very likable. Let's just continue to show her love and build her up.
obrigado

Postby redbird35 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:14 am

obrigado wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:

For me, my main concern is her public speaking and interview skills. She has the look, the walk, very likable. Let's just continue to show her love and build her up.

Yeah -- let's keep it positive for our queen. She has her chances, and confidence will be a huge part of that. One thing about Yendi was that her gown sucked but she still owned on that stage. In fact, i rember that they got a quote from her about how much she liked the gown. LOL. The shade of it all . . .
IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S PAGEANTRY (TM)
redbird35

Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1964
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: music

Postby obrigado » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:07 am

redbird35 wrote:
obrigado wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:

Yeah -- let's keep it positive for our queen. She has her chances, and confidence will be a huge part of that. One thing about Yendi was that her gown sucked but she still owned on that stage. In fact, i rember that they got a quote from her about how much she liked the gown. LOL. The shade of it all . . .

Yendi wore that gown like it was a high fashion couture, lol! So Uzuri's high fashioned label is called Dermoth Williams Couture. They dressed Lesa Milan from the Real Housewives of Dubai for BravoCon. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lif ... lideshow-1
obrigado

Postby MrBeau » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Criss_Vaughn wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
Criss_Vaughn wrote:

Very well said, but are people still wearing Uzuri creations these days ? from what I am seeing on IG celebrities are wearing the newer designers that’s are so fresh and current none of that 90s prom mess.

Caribbean people do. Maybe some Jamaicans at diff events and I do see their gowns being worn at pageants within the Caribbean. I'm not counting their coins, but maybe they make enough based on the orders they receive, and are happy and content with where they are at.

I just want to know if they see a winner in Toshami. Because u really can tell the difference with the effort they put in when they know they have a sure shot at the crown. 2010 with Yendi, I'll give them a pass on the gown cause they were just getting started. And despite the gown not being the best, she still had the highest 2nd score and no matter what dress they prob put her in, Mexico's evening gown performance that night was breathtaking. Im surprised Mexico didnt get an even higher score. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, the gowns were horrible and rightfully so. None of those ladies stood a chance. In 2014, they know Kaci had a shot and gave her a gown to match. 2015 was Sharlene Radlein and she was iffy. 2016 was Isabel Dalley and she was a sure clapper. And her Muslim gown was one of the worst I've ever seen. 2017 when they had Davina, sure placer. They turned up. Emily had a pretty good dress too. Iana was a clapper all the way and her gown looked like it was designed in 2013 and they just pulled it out from the back of the closet and tossed it on her and Daena's dress last yr was a 'lets just put her in something' kinda dress. Miqueal, they knew they had a GOOD chance. Never have I ever seen them put as much effort as they did in someone like they did Miqueal. Miqueal was the first one to get TWO gowns. They tossed Daena in the same gown the following yr, cause why make 2 dresses.

So with that being said, Im not seeing the same effort they put in Miqueal shown in Toshami. Which makes me think they dont see as much potential in her. So it makes me a little more nervous about how they are gonna fully prepare her. If Bahamas and Aruba could've placed last yr, there's no reason Toshami cant just show up, impress the judges during interviews and prelims and get her placement. Those r the moments they need to get right. And Im gonna stand on that. Until prelims, her hair, makeup, styling, etc. is gonna look a damn mess half the time and I'll just settle with that.

Uzuri acquired the franchise in 2013, in 2010 & 2011 it was Invyte who had it then the midget in 2012. It was also Yendi's idea to wear that gown, she said it in the evening gown competition on final night.
MrBeau
MrBeau
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 Jun 1978
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants/Sports

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe