ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // NORTH CAROLINA IS MISS USA 2022

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // ALABAMA & OREGON TOMORROW

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:15 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS OREGON USA 2022 IS ARIELLE FREYTAG

This was Arielle's sixth time competing in Miss Oregon USA. She previously placed as the 3RU in 2021, and as a semifinalist in 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016. Arielle is a native of Harrisburg, Oregon, and is both an entertainment host and a community volunteer for her hometown. She is currently in the midst of obtaining her pilot license.

Full results:
Miss Oregon USA 2022: Arielle Freytag
1RU: Alison Bowles
2RU: Viktoria Fox
3RU: Rachel Sheldon
4RU: Brooklyn Lowery

Top 8:
Elaina Gabriel
Emily Curtis
Irene Zielinski

I literally cannot stop laughing, Alison lost AGAIN. If this was a year ago I'd say oh well she'll surely pop up in Missouri and Florida and maybe even statehop to Washington too until she finally wins, but with the one-state-per-year rule this year, can we finally say that Alison will be married and retired by the 2023 cycle and we will finally be done with her?! I know we celebrated that last year and it clearly didn't end up happening, but how long is she going to push off this engagement? Lol. But anyways, Arielle is fine and a good enough titleholder for Oregon standards. She will probably end up near the bottom of the pack and will surely not place, but I'm happy she beat Alison. She also has a unique look and I like when we get girls who represent profiles that aren't often seen, although I guess you can kind of claim she has Elle's profile, being a mixed girl with blonde curls and greenish eyes.

Hopefully Alison doesn't keep pushing back her wedding until she gets a title. I'm going to hope that this was the last of her, but she had no mention of retiring in her post-competition IG post which I see from a lot of long-time competitors after their final pageant.

I def see a lot more Malta 2021 in Arielle than I see Elle, but I agree she probably won't place. But I like her a lot anyway, Oregon girls usually clap either way and I do think she's going to be a great titleholder and I'm thrilled that she finally got her crown, I think she's super deserving.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // ALABAMA & OREGON TOMORROW

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:One question for all 5: "If you were Governor for the day, what is the one thing you would change about Alabama and why?"

Dothan - Talked about accepting diversity, was a little bit patty and that's not really a policy a Governor can enact but a confident speaker
Northport - Talked about inclusion for adults with special needs and how too many programs focus on kids and forget adults. GREAT answer
Camelia - Anti-bullying and dating violence. Talked about meeting with education secretary, and her experience she already did in real life. Threw in something about bilingualism and teaching these programs in Spanish as well at the end as a segue into talking about her Latina heritage. Wasn't super confident, and a little shakily constructed, but good content
Auburn - My internet cut out during her answer unfortunately
Hoover - No more stop signs, more stop lights (or did she want to get rid of stop lights and put in only stop signs? I was so taken aback by this response I don't even remember which traffic safety device she took offense to). Failed to elaborate on this and tell us why. LMAO

Wtf was Hoover's answer @-) @-)

I decided to watch the Top 5 answers because I am so baffled by Hoover, and here are my thoughts

Dothan: She had a nice answer but it was very generic and simple in my opinion. I also don't think she really answered the question because "we need to appreciate diversity" is not a policy implemented by a governor.
Northport: I think she did very well. She had a clear answer that she is evidently passionate about, which could likely be a very strong platform that is not often talked about. She also is a natural speaker.
Camelia: I really did not like this answer. It's as if she had a list of bullet points and she tried to hit every single one even though they aren't necessarily connected (bullying, dating violence, bilingual education, I am Latina, representation matters, first Latina Miss Alabama USA) and I think she lost her footing by trying to cover so much ground. She has a good speaking voice but sounded all over the place, so I think she would have done better if she just stuck to one thing and gave a strong answer about that sole topic. Talking about implementing more bilingual education programs in Alabama schools could have been a great segue into her points about representation and diversity, and the bullying and dating violence didn't need to be mentioned. It was just too much information and too many points all at once.
Auburn: Side note, but I don't know why she admitted she could still hear the host when they put the headphones on her lol. I would have said nothing and just been preparing a perfect answer the whole time, but I guess she's more noble than I am lol. She said that she would require an outdoor mask mandate because of Omicron and being a college student seeing classmates maskless and so close together is scaring her. Being that this is Alabama, her answer may have sealed her fate but I liked her. She seemed very down to Earth and natural, she was less prepared than some of the others but I'd prefer a natural girl with less preparation than an overly prepared patty.
Hoover: This was a comically bad answer, she was laughing the entire time too as if she knew how ridiculous it was. "No more stop signs, I'll replace them with stop lights," like what?? And how can you give NO explanation as to why that was your answer? I noticed she was the girl who seemingly brought a bus load of family and friends to the pageant because a section of the audience were losing their minds for her, and I wonder if that was throwing her off? I don't think loved ones realize all the time that being really loud in the audience doesn't always help the people you're cheering on, especially if you're being disproportionately loud to how other contestants are being cheered.

Based on these answers, I would have done:
Miss Alabama USA 2022: Northport
1RU: Auburn
2RU: Dothan
3RU: Camelia
4RU: Hoover

I may watch swimsuit and evening gown later when I have time.

Not gonna lie, Hoover's answer is so funny to me because it was so so so bad.

This was an excellent question, maybe one of my favorites I've seen. It's an opportunity to speak about a social cause that is important to you, and propose a policy that would have a real world positive effect on people's lives. It was open ended enough that it allowed you to personalize it and speak about what's important to you personally, but challenging enough that you had to make sure you fit it within the realm of what a Governor could do.

Hoover gave an absolutely ridiculous response, suggesting a policy that most people don't even think about, never mind share her opinion, and didn't even explain why. Even though "...and why" was part of the question, and such a response warranted an explanation.

I agree that Northport was the best. She spoke clearly and suggested a policy that would both help people and be within the realm of a governor's powers.
itsrowdy801

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // KATELYN FOR AL + ARIELLE FOR OR

Postby Opening Ceremony » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Hi all! I've lurked this board for quite a while but made an account because I love the discussions you have on the US/French pageant systems. It's a really great vibe compared to the nationalistic bickering/general toxicity found in the other areas on this forum. :%))

The two girls who got crowned so far are nice, but not particularly captivating choices. But compared to a walking OANN mouthpiece, it could have been much worse! Hoover's answer is so bizarre that it probably would have gone viral if it was a nationally televised event. I...have never heard of anyone having a problem with STOP SIGNS as a concept? What?
Opening Ceremony
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Viewer
Hobbies/Interests: Entertainment

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Just a quick thing I noticed, Heather Lee O'Keefe took out "Future Esq." from her IG bio but didn't replace it with just "Esq.," so I'm assuming she failed the bar exam and isn't actually going to practice as a lawyer. I don't know why else she would have done that. Maybe I'm wrong but it's weird regardless, she only makes reference to holding a Juris Doctor (ie, a law degree) not being a lawyer.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:53 pm

Alabama

There aren't any good pictures of Oregon post-crowning yet.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Alabama

There aren't any good pictures of Oregon post-crowning yet.

I'm excited to see her after RPM's styling team gets a chance to work their magic on her
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:58 am

I think Alabama has potential, not a bad winner. Last year's winner was a hopeless case, but this one has actually potential. Sad that Noelia didn't win though.

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby missfinlandia » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:30 am

Christell Foote announced she'll be competing in Tennessee this year, not in Georgia. She's originally from there and was runner -up in Tennessee teen few years back. Could be a better state for her than Georgia hopefully. I think Georgia has been way more competitive in recent years.
missfinlandia

Postby pippo93 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:59 am

ALABAMA IS ONLY RAW, BUT SHE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PLACE WITH THE TOUCH OF RPM
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:28 am

missfinlandia wrote:Christell Foote announced she'll be competing in Tennessee this year, not in Georgia. She's originally from there and was runner -up in Tennessee teen few years back. Could be a better state for her than Georgia hopefully. I think Georgia has been way more competitive in recent years.

Oh damn. So every single Georgia 2021 runner-up won't be returning..... 1RU married, 2RU engaged with a date set for June, 3RU won a title elsewhere, and 4RU going to Tennessee this year.

I honestly think it's a bad move for Christell. As the only eligible returning runner-up, she'd be the major frontrunner in Georgia, but I wish her the best of luck in Tennessee.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:02 pm

Oregon

Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm

missfinlandia wrote:I think Alabama has potential, not a bad winner. Last year's winner was a hopeless case, but this one has actually potential. Sad that Noelia didn't win though.

The more I look at her the more I agree. She does have potential and she has the best directorship there is to capitalize on that potential. I look forward to seeing her once we get to Miss USA, she could do some damage.

I wanted Noelia to win at first too but after final question she deserved to lose.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:13 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
missfinlandia wrote:Christell Foote announced she'll be competing in Tennessee this year, not in Georgia. She's originally from there and was runner -up in Tennessee teen few years back. Could be a better state for her than Georgia hopefully. I think Georgia has been way more competitive in recent years.

Oh damn. So every single Georgia 2021 runner-up won't be returning..... 1RU married, 2RU engaged with a date set for June, 3RU won a title elsewhere, and 4RU going to Tennessee this year.

I honestly think it's a bad move for Christell. As the only eligible returning runner-up, she'd be the major frontrunner in Georgia, but I wish her the best of luck in Tennessee.

Oh wow Georgia is really going to be wide open this year. Gutted for Erin, whom I really wanted to see at Miss USA, but of course being married is something to celebrate so I can't not be happy for her. Considering none of the other runners-up will be coming back, I definitely agree that Christell should have stayed in Georgia. Georgia is competitive yes, but Tennessee is too and there are other girls waiting in the wings in Tennessee to win, although if given a choice I do prefer girls to compete in the state where they grew up.

This really leaves Georgia wide open though. I've been a fan of Olivia Wamack so I'm hoping she can slide in? She's been Top 5 in the past so this looks like a good opportunity for her.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:08 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Oh wow Georgia is really going to be wide open this year. Gutted for Erin, whom I really wanted to see at Miss USA, but of course being married is something to celebrate so I can't not be happy for her. Considering none of the other runners-up will be coming back, I definitely agree that Christell should have stayed in Georgia. Georgia is competitive yes, but Tennessee is too and there are other girls waiting in the wings in Tennessee to win, although if given a choice I do prefer girls to compete in the state where they grew up.

This really leaves Georgia wide open though. I've been a fan of Olivia Wamack so I'm hoping she can slide in? She's been Top 5 in the past so this looks like a good opportunity for her.

Agreed on Olivia. Usually, falling out of the Top 5 is a bad sign, but with a wide-open contest like this one, I expect her to do well if she competes. If a former MAO or Miss Teen USA contestant decides to compete, she could also be a frontrunner too.
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:16 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Okay I had no idea that the other runner-ups would not be returning in Georgia. Then it's shame that Christell is competing in Tennessee.

But I'm positive about Georgia, they usually have loads of black beauties and newcomers competing. It's usually a strong state so anyone in top 15/20 could win next year, even a non-placer. Or then a new face.

Secretly hoping McKenzie Blair-Griffith would compete in Georgia again, she was spectacular in NY last year.
missfinlandia

Postby missfinlandia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 pm

I noticed that Pageants NW instagram says that Miss Oregon USA 2023 is planned to be held in October 2022. Are we finally slowly returning to the old schedule of state pageants being held mainly on fall and Miss USA on spring. [-O< =D>
missfinlandia

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:38 pm

missfinlandia wrote:I noticed that Pageants NW instagram says that Miss Oregon USA 2023 is planned to be held in October 2022. Are we finally slowly returning to the old schedule of state pageants being held mainly on fall and Miss USA on spring. [-O< =D>

I thought the same, but Pageants NW schedule is just weird. For the last two years, a new Idaho and Montana were crowned before the outgoing titleholder even went to Miss USA. I do think they'll be shifting the dates back, but I'd need to see it from a directorship with more "normal" scheduling before I read too far into it.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:29 am

missfinlandia wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Okay I had no idea that the other runner-ups would not be returning in Georgia. Then it's shame that Christell is competing in Tennessee.

But I'm positive about Georgia, they usually have loads of black beauties and newcomers competing. It's usually a strong state so anyone in top 15/20 could win next year, even a non-placer. Or then a new face.

Secretly hoping McKenzie Blair-Griffith would compete in Georgia again, she was spectacular in NY last year.

I follow McKenzie on Insta now and I just have strong doubts she would ever compete again in Georgia. She comes across to me as the kind of artsy and eccentric girl who ran away to New York to escape the social conservatism of the south, so my personal guess is she'd only want to compete in New York if she does compete again. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I'm picking up on from her, and there are many people who live in big northern and western cities who are there to escape their conservative home states and don't really want to go back to them.

Briana Siaca was on the top of my NY wishlist and really the only girl I had wanted to see win a crown here, but now that she won I think McKenzie may be very close to the top of my new list. I just loved her last year, she was such a fresh profile and not at all the typical pageant girl. If she has strong technical skills I could see her going far. She's a fashion designer too and I'm kind of obsessed with some of the dresses she's made.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
missfinlandia wrote:I noticed that Pageants NW instagram says that Miss Oregon USA 2023 is planned to be held in October 2022. Are we finally slowly returning to the old schedule of state pageants being held mainly on fall and Miss USA on spring. [-O< =D>

I thought the same, but Pageants NW schedule is just weird. For the last two years, a new Idaho and Montana were crowned before the outgoing titleholder even went to Miss USA. I do think they'll be shifting the dates back, but I'd need to see it from a directorship with more "normal" scheduling before I read too far into it.

I think the states that had pageants August-September shifting to May-July is the closest sign we have to a shift back to normalcy, but that also could just be because Crystle obviously doesn't want another November Miss USA nightmare and not that we are returning to the fall/winter state pageant cycle. RPM hasn't really changed their dates, and Vanbros only moved things up by a month I think, and they're the two hallmark directorships that I think set the standard.

And let's not forget Oregon and Washington 2021 were initially supposed to be held around the time of Montana and Idaho 2021 before Miss USA 2020 even happened, but lockdowns in Oregon forced a postponement (because of the pandemic, Oregon and Washington were set to be held together in Oregon). I think Pageants NW moving Oregon 2023 to October 2022 is more about Pageants NW wanting all of their pageants around the same time than moving everything back to the normal period.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Opening Ceremony » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:05 am

Hi all! I made my first post on this forum a few days ago, but I think it took quite a while to it to actually get approved. To keep things short - I'm excited to follow both the Miss USA and Miss France pageants with you all. I usually don't like following pageants due to the levels of toxicity/nationalism that come with them, but the quality of discussion here is on a different level.
Opening Ceremony

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // ALABAMA CONTESTANTS

Postby Thomas876 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:33 am

Here are my thoughts about the upcoming Miss North Carolina USA pageant:

Good batch. :=p I love Kylee Russell, Olivia Fonville, Ana Acela Perez Ochoa (so cute) and Courtney Smith (she looks like a barbie on her headshot).

I also like Morgan Romano, Imani Cooper (she looks like a Photoshop queen though), Emily Miner, Caroline Credle, Grace Hendry (une belle rousse!!! pas la plus belle cependant), Emily Mitchell, Zakiya Brown, Emma Self (why is her headshot in black and white though?), Lauren Walsh, Sharniece Springs and Katherine Finch.
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:10 am

Opening Ceremony wrote:Hi all! I made my first post on this forum a few days ago, but I think it took quite a while to it to actually get approved. To keep things short - I'm excited to follow both the Miss USA and Miss France pageants with you all. I usually don't like following pageants due to the levels of toxicity/nationalism that come with them, but the quality of discussion here is on a different level.

Welcome! There's a lot of good people here with incredibly insightful takes, and it's great to have a place to chat with people who love pageantry too because like, none of my irl friends do. There are a few bad apples, but the majority of the regulars on here are awesome. The USA and France threads especially are fantastic, the international pageant threads do get a little toxic so brace yourself for that lol
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:14 am

The more I think about it, the more I really love Arielle. Her directorship will honestly probably do her in at the end of the day, but she's already cemented her place as one of my sentimental favorites of the competition

itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:42 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:The more I think about it, the more I really love Arielle. Her directorship will honestly probably do her in at the end of the day, but she's already cemented her place as one of my sentimental favorites of the competition

She actually looks really good in this picture. I still don't think she's worthy enough to place but if this is the look she's going to continue with she won't be anywhere near bottom of the group. Of course Pageants NW will do everything they can so that she doesn't place, but if this is what we're working with she could actually be transformed really well with a Vanbros or RPM title.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:43 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Opening Ceremony wrote:Hi all! I made my first post on this forum a few days ago, but I think it took quite a while to it to actually get approved. To keep things short - I'm excited to follow both the Miss USA and Miss France pageants with you all. I usually don't like following pageants due to the levels of toxicity/nationalism that come with them, but the quality of discussion here is on a different level.

Welcome! There's a lot of good people here with incredibly insightful takes, and it's great to have a place to chat with people who love pageantry too because like, none of my irl friends do. There are a few bad apples, but the majority of the regulars on here are awesome. The USA and France threads especially are fantastic, the international pageant threads do get a little toxic so brace yourself for that lol

Yes, welcome!
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:23 pm

The apartment complex that the new Miss USA will live in in Los Angeles during her reign, it already looks better than the NYC apartment (even though as a New Yorker it pains me to admit that).

https://kurveonwilshire.com/
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Arielle actually looks really good in many candids. I think her styling was harsh and off when she was crowned. She actually looks really good in right make up! >=p
missfinlandia

Postby missfinlandia » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:43 pm

Some girls that will compete in upcoming pageants.

Georgia:

Kiki Nicole

Rachel Marie

Holly Haynes

Vanessa Van Dyke

Logan Mayo

Nya Syndab

Sarah Weeks

EmmaKate Few

Britain Bennett (who was runner up in Ohio Teen many times in mid-2010's)

Arshi Lalani (Miss India USA first runner up)

Sianey Paige

Louisiana

Sylvia Masters

Ali Williams

Josie Stephens (1st ru)

South Carolina

Sydney Ford

Iliriana Lekani

Maritsa Platis

Mattie Sloan

Alexandra Gabrielle Stewart

Meera Bhonsle

Davia Esther Bunch

Tennessee

Christell Foote

Last edited by missfinlandia on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
missfinlandia

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 pm

I don't want to quote your post MissFinlandia because all those IG posts will crash my laptop lol, but this is reinvigorating my hope that we'll have a good year.

I'm liking Vanessa Van Dyke, Logan Mayo (redhead!), Nya Syndab, EmmaKate Few (she was Top 10 in Louisiana last year), and Britain Bennett (I've been dying to see her with the Ohio crown, she was 3RU at Miss Ohio USA 2019) in Georgia; Josie Stephens is the only winner I will accept in Louisiana, she deserved it last year and could win Miss USA; I'm liking Sydney Ford, Mattie Sloan, Alexandra Gabrielle Stewart, Meera Bhonsle, and of course Davia Bunch in SC. I've never been a huge fan of Christell Foote and have been hoping to see Emily Suttle win in Tennessee, but Christell wouldn't be a bad winner and I apparently have mutual friends with her too lol.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby Opening Ceremony » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 am

Josie Stephens could win it all if she wins Miss Louisiana (with a whopping 4 girls crowned so far, so maybe too premature of a statement. :P)

From Georgia, I like Vanessa Van Dyke a lot - she has the presence and an intriguing look. South Carolina looks pretty competitive, with Mattie Sloan and Davia Bunch being my top 2 from that bunch. It's a shame Marisa Platis didn't get to compete at Miss International, because her profile fits that pageant much more than Miss USA/Miss Universe.
Opening Ceremony

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe