As much as I wanted Thailand to WIN

As much as I wanted Thailand to WIN

Postby latino104 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:15 am

As much as I wanted Thailand to win for this years edition, Amanda must be careful of choosing her words and constructing her thoughts. Canada is one of the best countries in the world and a country with a lot of opportunities. Many people dreaming of going to or living in Canada.

latino104
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Latino104
Date of Birth: 08 Jul 1990
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Re: As much as I wanted Thailand to WIN

Postby suswot » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:29 am

True, learn from Catriona. avoid using negative words like "can't, "didn't", "don't, or even self centered words ch as "Me" "Myself" and "I".. She could say Thailand feels more like a home without emphasizing the negative feelings toward Canada.
suswot
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: JR
Date of Birth: 19 Feb 1990
Profession: Registered Nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the Net
Message: Thanks Missosology for providing a great access and information on beauties around the world :-)

Postby latino104 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:38 am

suswot wrote:True, learn from Catriona. avoid using negative words like "can't, "didn't", "don't, or even self centered words ch as "Me" "Myself" and "I".. She could say Thailand feels more like a home without emphasizing the negative feelings toward Canada.

I agree with this, Canada has always been part for her, even if she is representing Thailand she need to be proud of being a half Canadian. She should know the essence of promoting diversity. For now, USA or Australia for the win. I also love Great Britain what a lovely speaker!
latino104

Real Life Name/Nick: Latino104
Date of Birth: 08 Jul 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby ambasing » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:03 pm

I don't see anything wrong with what she said--she meant, her heart belongs to Thailand!

and this is reality, some prefer to live in their countries instead of staying in Canada. maybe their family is in Thailand..

My Auntie migrated in Canada when she was 57 and decided to go back in the Philippines--her heart's desire is to stay in the Philippines
ambasing
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lester
Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading books

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 pm

What is wrong if Amanda decides to live the rest of her life in Thailand? Does she owe any apology to anyone if she speaks out her mind? Does she represent the rest of humankind who prefers to stay put and not be lured by the promises or traps of outbound migration? What about personal choice? Would you deprive anyone of that inherent right just to be politically correct? Is being an apologist of some other people's aspiration to seek opportunities elsewhere outside their homeland always correct? What if Amanda had reached (assume already!) a point in her life and realized that she's feels no longer happy living her life in Canada as a dual citizen? Can you deprive Amanda of her personal choice and drag her back? Canada may seem to be your land of milk and honey what about for Amanda? Do you have any clue what's really going on inside her heart?
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby jansenism » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
What is wrong if Amanda decides to live the rest of her life in Thailand? Does she owe any apology to anyone if she speaks out her mind? Does she represent the rest of humankind who prefers to stay put and not be lured by the promises or traps of outbound migration? What about personal choice? Would you deprive anyone of that inherent right just to be politically correct? Is being an apologist of some other people's aspiration to seek opportunities elsewhere outside their homeland always correct? What if Amanda had reached (assume already!) a point in her life and realized that she's feels no longer happy living her life in Canada as a dual citizen? Can you deprive Amanda of her personal choice and drag her back? Canada may seem to be your land of milk and honey what about for Amanda? Do you have any clue what's really going on inside her heart?

you talked too much =b =b =b =b =b =b =b
Sana, birthday candle ka na lang -- habang pinapatay kita, nagpapalakpakan sila.
jansenism
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: janjan
Date of Birth: 12 Jan 1990
Profession: Business Mogul
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: current events

Postby Beta » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:59 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:

I don't think the issue was that she wanted to go back home....

IMHO - it was the way she posed it: "I just didn't feel right in Canada" could've been conveyed better. I'm the last person to champion PC as it has been used and abused. However, this is probably one of the valid times to be politically correct because there's no reason to negate that part of her life.
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: BOSS
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby esperasave » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Beta wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

I don't think the issue was that she wanted to go back home....

IMHO - it was the way she posed it: "I just didn't feel right in Canada" could've been conveyed better. I'm the last person to champion PC as it has been used and abused. However, this is probably one of the valid times to be politically correct because there's no reason to negate that part of her life.

Canada is not what you think about. Canada just like the USA is full of immigrants, THIRD WORLD IMMIGRANTS. But there's nothing wrong with it. Their candidate right now is not even Canadian that they portray in the media. But that's OK, even the original settlers of Canada are Native Indians with lots of tribes. Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and some European countries except the Eastern blocks like Russia and its former states, Poland, Georgia, Romania to name a few, have gained alot of THIRD WORLD REFUGEE immigrants over the years. But Third World Countries would never change. That's hard fact to accept because its already their destiny since immemorial times. Kumbaga ang kasabihan na yung tanso, bihisan mo ng ginto ay tanso pa rin. Train like a Beauty Queen so you'll know your world history, geography, current event etc etc.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby alihabibi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:29 pm

I am a Filipino-Canadian. I felt off when I heard her say that. Though my heart still desire to be in the Philippines, still I am still grateful for Canada. This is where I chose to live. It gave me the life that I have now. I WILL NEVER FEEL "NOT RIGHT" TO BE HERE. Though she has all the rights to express her feelings. It's just that she could have expressed it in a better way. I feel like she made those statements just to LOOK A WORTHY THAI REPRESENTATIVE. You know what I mean? remember a lot questioned her being a Canadian more than a Thai. during MUT remember it's one of her battle proving that she is a worthy Thai Representative. I think she made those statements just to prove something. But, I feel she is un-sincere. Sorry. Authenticity is important in Miss Universe. You can not fake it. however hard you try faking it. It will show your true colours.
alihabibi
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: ali
Profession: MD
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: work work work and chat

Postby esperasave » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:35 pm

alihabibi wrote:
I am a Filipino-Canadian. I felt off when I heard her say that. Though my heart still desire to be in the Philippines, still I am still grateful for Canada. This is where I chose to live. It gave me the life that I have now. I WILL NEVER FEEL "NOT RIGHT" TO BE HERE. Though she has all the rights to express her feelings. It's just that she could have expressed it in a better way. I feel like she made those statements just to LOOK A WORTHY THAI REPRESENTATIVE. You know what I mean? remember a lot questioned her being a Canadian more than a Thai. during MUT remember it's one of her battle proving that she is a worthy Thai Representative. I think she made those statements just to prove something. But, I feel she is un-sincere. Sorry. Authenticity is important in Miss Universe. You can not fake it. however hard you try faking it. It will show your true colours.

But they have the same journey with Catriona. She's one of the judges, not you. Your own opinion is yours but Amanda's opinion is hers. Only the judges can truly tell what she deserves. Public opinion doesn't matter but ours is just to voice out. What Pia have adviced to the Binibining Pilipinas candidate, you look at the judges, smile and charm them. But don't listen to the audience or be distracted. That was also happened to Margarita Moran when she came face to face with the Spanish Matador judge, she spoke to him in Spanish. That's where she got an extra points to boost more than the final roster but the win. Also, Sushmita charmed the judges with her own self confidence and wit at age 18 years old. But when she was coming for her casual interview with the host Bob Goen at the telecast final night, she quietly but quickly whispered to the judges while looking at them on stage the magic word, THANK YOU. Thank you for giving her a spot in the Top 10. You can see from the video how her mouth moved and looking down.Then, the judges remembered her all way to the final three when they have to decide the winner. Also, until now, Sushmita still charming the Filipino people if she sees one of us by saying Mabuhay, Salamat, Mahal kita if you cross path with her.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby nycla2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm

suswot wrote:True, learn from Catriona. avoid using negative words like "can't, "didn't", "don't, or even self centered words ch as "Me" "Myself" and "I".. She could say Thailand feels more like a home without emphasizing the negative feelings toward Canada.

this! amanda seems fake and overhyped like fahsai thinking she will really win boasting expensive wardrobes etc. good luck to her tho. thais have been throwing shade to rabiya and the sponsors thing tho we will see how rabiya
performs watch and see! mas maganda pa si rabiya and rabiya is beautiful, relatable, genuine humble and not self centered. indonesia is also copying catriona watch her poses, gown structure hair etc on her presentation lol we ded it wkwkwk anyway Philippines for the 5th Crown :)>-
nycla2

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:35 pm

jansenism wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

you talked too much =b =b =b =b =b =b =b

Problem is yours, not mine!
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby Darna na Dyesebel pa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 pm

I’ve never been to Canada but I felt violated by her statement.

I get it that she’s addressing the Thais and she wants to show patriotism but at the expense of Canada ? She’s essentially bad mouthing Canada saying it’s not welcoming enough and it didn’t make her feel at home .. which is BTW hard to believe because of her Canadian accent . Gosh , it would take years for anyone to develop a foreign accent .

She’s officially off my list .
She’d be better off competing at MGI .
She’s the kind of girl Nawat is looking for ... tactless , bitchy , a scene stealer who loves making controversial statements.
She’s confidently Grand International.
Darna na Dyesebel pa

Real Life Name/Nick: Darna Dyesebel
Date of Birth: 27 Oct 2010
Profession: ==========
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: ==========

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:57 am

Reverse migration! I think some people are still clueless about that 'til now?

Beauty competition vs outbound migration. For all its faults, there's no such thing as a perfect place to find work and live. Like it or not, something is always missing -- notwithstanding the bounty and the comfort and convenience of the new place. I'm sorry for Amanda. She unwittingly said what she felt was "right" at the wrong time, at the wrong place and in the wrong forum?

BTW, a returning balikbayan who decided to stay in the country of his birth for good while revisiting the overseas country(ies!) of destination every once in a while, I don't see any thing morally wrong with that.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc

Postby taleyblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 am

Too many drama for Thailand right now so i think we gonna win this year on a lucky day 17 morning May of Thailand!!R u ready! And u guys need to be prepared for the 17 December morning because my daughter Miriam gave some signal that she will be joining MTW 2021!!big potential to win MW 2021 too!! R u ready for the 17 magic days! >=p

Last edited by taleyblue on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
taleyblue

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:43 am

NALALANGHAP KO NA ANG EL TOCUYO SA BILAT NA ITES! =;)) >:)
Elyerno Zabagguri

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby hauteegirl » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:06 am

ambasing wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what she said--she meant, her heart belongs to Thailand!

and this is reality, some prefer to live in their countries instead of staying in Canada. maybe their family is in Thailand..

My Auntie migrated in Canada when she was 57 and decided to go back in the Philippines--her heart's desire is to stay in the Philippines

true but not when youre competing tho, u have to be politically correct
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 am

hauteegirl wrote:
ambasing wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what she said--she meant, her heart belongs to Thailand!

Does it always have to be the norm? How do we know it's what the judges wanted to hear in the context of the question being asked of her to answer? Historically, the pattern seems to appear like that. What if there's a couple or more in the judging panel who'd give higher points to out-of-the box straight answers if the reply happens to be spoken from the heart with sincerity and conviction? Why would a judge penalize a candidate for speaking out her mind in the context of what was replied upon as such being the case?
beautywatchnyc

Postby Lebsheke0211 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 am

LOL! you are all too critical when it comes to Amanda. Like you are all dissecting every word she's saying. There's nothing wrong with what she said. "There's no place like Home" plain and simple.

You're just looking for loopholes to bring her down.

"She's Offending Canada." Seriously????? Canadians won't bother so you all better need to take some chill pill.

Trying to stir issues.
Lebsheke0211
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Markuz
Date of Birth: 14 Sep 1980
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: designer
Hobbies/Interests: watching tv

Postby beauberly » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 am

latino104 wrote:
As much as I wanted Thailand to win for this years edition, Amanda must be careful of choosing her words and constructing her thoughts. Canada is one of the best countries in the world and a country with a lot of opportunities. Many people dreaming of going to or living in Canada.

HAHA Omg I smell Mareeya 2.0, Fahsai 2.0! :%)) :%)) I understood what she meant, but her delivery is very very bad and awkward =b =b =b I smell a trouble for her placement if she reached the Q&A round lol.
beauberly
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1991
Profession: I'm a bitch with class
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Loves to bitch around and have fun!

Postby Roman Reigns » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:22 pm

She must be reminded that IF she wins Miss Universe, she needs to stay in New York and not in Thailand. :-D
Roman Reigns
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Leati Joseph
Date of Birth: 25 May 1985
Profession: Photographer
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby suswot » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:27 pm

Darna na Dyesebel pa wrote:I’ve never been to Canada but I felt violated by her statement.

I get it that she’s addressing the Thais and she wants to show patriotism but at the expense of Canada ? She’s essentially bad mouthing Canada saying it’s not welcoming enough and it didn’t make her feel at home .. which is BTW hard to believe because of her Canadian accent . Gosh , it would take years for anyone to develop a foreign accent .

She’s the kind of girl Nawat is looking for ... tactless , bitchy , a scene stealer who loves making controversial statements.

She was dumped by Nawat way before she joined MUT. She's not even in the top 15. Pokraw girls were way better than her.
suswot

Real Life Name/Nick: JR
Date of Birth: 19 Feb 1990
Profession: Registered Nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the Net
Message: Thanks Missosology for providing a great access and information on beauties around the world :-)

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:33 pm

hauteegirl wrote:

But we want an empowered Queen who is not afraid to speak out her mind. Now, she is speaking her mind out, it may not be to everyone's liking, and she is bashed. I find nothing wrong with what she said. If a Queen wants to be politically correct all the time, then she will have a second thought on what to say in public coz she might offend other people. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Poor Queens. Anyhow, just follow Queen Gloria Diaz, fearless.. she speaks her mind and does not care about other people's reactions. =O/ =O/
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Roman Reigns wrote:She must be reminded that IF she wins Miss Universe, she needs to stay in New York and not in Thailand. :-D

But that is temporary, my friend. :%)) :%))
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Lebsheke0211 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:54 am

suswot wrote:
Darna na Dyesebel pa wrote:I’ve never been to Canada but I felt violated by her statement.

She was dumped by Nawat way before she joined MUT. She's not even in the top 15. Pokraw girls were way better than her.

Because Amanda belongs in the Universe.. Just like CAT - the World is not enough so she conquered the Universe.
Lebsheke0211

Real Life Name/Nick: Markuz
Date of Birth: 14 Sep 1980
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: designer
Hobbies/Interests: watching tv

Postby nycla2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:04 am

I dont see her winning like overhyped paweensuda
nycla2

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:36 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:

Does it always have to be the norm? How do we know it's what the judges wanted to hear in the context of the question being asked of her to answer? Historically, the pattern seems to appear like that. What if there's a couple or more in the judging panel who'd give higher points to out-of-the box straight answers if the reply happens to be spoken from the heart with sincerity and conviction? Why would a judge penalize a candidate for speaking out her mind in the context of what was replied upon as such being the case?

recently, i haven't heard anyone who's so vocal and won. I know queens usually try to hold their horses and release it after they win shall we say Pia and Catriona. Im trying to think of someone that won. I remember Ximena showed the other side of her when she visited India and made MUO staffs raised their brows.
Last edited by hauteegirl on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
hauteegirl

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:40 am

manoypoe wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:

But we want an empowered Queen who is not afraid to speak out her mind. Now, she is speaking her mind out, it may not be to everyone's liking, and she is bashed. I find nothing wrong with what she said. If a Queen wants to be politically correct all the time, then she will have a second thought on what to say in public coz she might offend other people. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Poor Queens. Anyhow, just follow Queen Gloria Diaz, fearless.. she speaks her mind and does not care about other people's reactions. =O/ =O/

I dont know much about Gloria in her heydays but she was only vocal after she became Miss Universe before that I dont know. Winners most of the time became vocal after they win not before they win.
hauteegirl

Postby althea marie » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:26 am

so ungratefull..nakakalungkot naman.
althea marie
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick baldo
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1972
Profession: tambay
Hobbies/Interests: reading,travelling.sight seeing

Postby poker_man » Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 am

I agree with that person who mentioned Gloria Diaz, she is very outspoken as well. Even Cebuanos misconstrued her comment about Q&As and petitioned to have her declared as persona-non-grata several year ago.

If Amanda is honest and blunt about how she feels, why would she choose her words? No one complained when Catriona memorized all the trivia and facts about Philippines and used it in her quest to win (despite not being born and raised in the Philippines).

Australians never even called her ungrateful, they even celebrated her win but the pageant-crazy and jealous Pinoys tried to discredit the fact that she is basically an Australian who represented the Philippines.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Return to Miss Universe