UNOLOGY's Miss World 2016 Final Hotpicks

All TOP QUALITY threads of Missosology

UNOLOGY's Miss World 2016 Final Hotpicks

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:44 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Miss World is one of the most anticipated pageants all around the globe as it has established its followers especially in Europe and other countries and territories that had been colonized/still being ruled by different European countries. To some pageant enthusiasts, they just don't get the process of Miss World. They often find it as if they are watching a graduation ceremony. But, for many of us, we all know that we can't compare Miss World from Miss Universe especially in the finals night because both has established their own identities. In the 90's, perhaps there are similarities --- you'll see both having the National Costume in the opening, will compete in the swimsuit, evening gown and interview portion, then they will choose the top five, then eventually the winners.

But Miss World has truly evolved.
Since day 01, the girls are now being scored, along with the different fast track events wherein they are all invited to compete as they showcase their talents, their modeling prowess, the way they carry their designer gowns, and of course the sexiness of their bodies. In addition, Miss World has adapt in the evolution of technologies. Today, the candidates can earn points on how they utilize the social media and on how they interact with their fans and supporters.

One great thing about Miss World is that they never left behind their purpose --- and that is to help other people through their various causes and different charity works. Truly, we have witnessed the many lives that were transformed by this pageant. Yearly, the winner would visit and help a number of countries that needs assistance. Through these programs, Miss World has indeed live by their motto - "BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE" unlike other pageants to which you can only hear helping other people during the final Q and A, and after that, nothing else was done nor achieved.

Indeed, KUDOS to its Chairman Julia Morley, and KUDOS to the Miss World Organization for a job well done!

So let's begin my personal hotpicks for the 2016 Miss World finals.

People might say, I am being fearless on having this beauty on my list. But as for me, I can never ignore such beauty and I believe ISRAEL deserves to place. The last time this country won Miss World was in 1998 via Linor Abargil. It might be a long shot for another crown, but who knows?

Another beauty that I am so glued from this roster is Miss Czech Republic. Ten years ago, Miss World crowned a beautiful lass from this country via Taťána Kuchařová. And this year, I am pretty sure they won't ignore her presence in the competition. Come finals night, she might even climb her way up to the top 10.

I am a big sucker of this Danish girl. Unlike their neighboring Scandinavian country, Sweden, Denmark has yet to produce a Miss World title holder. They almost bagged their first crown twice. One was in 1957 via Lilian Juul Madsen and in 1986 via Pia Rosenberg Larsen as both placed as 1st Princesses.

Another favorite of mine in this very competitive batch is the maiden coming from Russia. Though, yes, the host country USA is having some political issues with this country, I just hope that the Miss World pageant will be used as a platform to celebrate beauty and unity among countries with misunderstandings and conflicts. I must say, this Russian doll truly deserves a spot in the finals night. The goddess Ksenia Sukhinova was the last Russian to be crowned Miss World in 2008.

I am not ignoring another beauty from Venezuela. Undeniably, one of the prettiest from this batch and hopefully she'll land a spot tonight. Is it a long shot for Diana Croce? Five years ago (2011), Iviana Sarcos gave Venezuela their sixth Miss World crown. I am pretty sure their seventh is not gonna happen this year, but Diana deserves a placement tonight.

I am considering her as the strongest from Africa this year. Kenya in my book is the Miss Ghana of 2013. There is star quality in her that will shine in the finals. And who knows, after placing at the top 11 in 2014, they might have a comeback this year.

Originally, she represented Martinique at the 2015/2016 Miss France pageant and placed as 1st runner up. Since the reigning Miss France, Iris Mittenaire has to do her duty as the reigning queen at the Miss France 2016/2017 finals, that had happened last night, Morgane was asked to represent France at Miss World, while Iris will be sent to Miss Universe in January to compete. I saw the transformation of Morgane, and I believe, she has the ability to shine her brightest tonight. I am even positive that she can penetrate higher than this. Marine Lorphelin almost bagged France's second Miss World in 2013. To date, Denise Perrier is the only French woman to ever have won this coveted title. Keeping my fingers crossed for FRANCE.

I think, this lass has one of the best faces in this competition, and undeniably, she has the charm worthy of the blue crown. Truthfully, if she plays her card right, I don't mind seeing her in the top 5. The only time Slovak Republic placed at Miss World was in 2013 (Top 20). It might be a lucky year Kristina.

India this year is enjoying a fruitful year. They won Mr. World, Miss Globe, Miss Supranational and Mr. United Continents. I am not counting Priyadarshini out in her race of the Miss World crown. In the course of the pageant, this beauty has grown in my heart and truly deserving of a placement. With five Miss World crowns under their belt, and an almost win in 2008 (Parvathy Omanakuttan), India to me still has a lot of promise. The best of luck.

In the years 1968 and 1972, the thunder from Down Under has produced two Miss World crowns through Penelope Plummer and Belinda Green respectively. This year, I am hoping for a placement for Australia. In fact, there were some write ups that Madeline Cowe is one of the favorites for the crown. In 2012, Jessica Kahawaty placed second princess, while Courtey Thorpe managed to penetrate the top 5 in 2014. Are we going to see a showdown with two Australians this year via Madeline and Catriona? Believe me, in some of the australian sites, they are already claiming Catriona. Well, I give that to them as she is half Australian. It will be exciting to see these two in the finals.

Definitely, sure placement for Miss China this year. I must say, great job for a wonderful run from Jing Kong - Top Model Winner. I am actually scared as in 2007, China's very first Miss World winner Zhang Zilin was also a Top Model winner at Miss World. Is this gonna be a deja vu? Well, in 2012, China's second Miss World winner, Yu Wenxia, also bagged the Miss World Talent award. China is giving me a lot of promise at this edition.

TOP TEN

Let's embrace the top 10 with a latin vibe through the exquisite beauty of Miss Puerto Rico. In my book, she deserves to place higher. I simply love her aura and who knows, her youthful vibe might carry her all the way to the top. Wilnelia Merced is the only winner from Puerto Rico and in recent years, Amanda Victoria Vilanova Perez came close in 2011 as she placed second princess.

I know, most of you are rooting for her in the top five. As of now, she has an impressive resume to back up her bid for Miss World. Truthfully, I am amazed with her introduction video the same way I was blown away with her Eco-video from Miss Earth in the previous year. Then tonight, she has a guaranteed placement as she is the Miss World Talent winner this year. Hat's off to you my dear. I know since her Miss International stint up to this day, she has improved a lot. I won't be surprised if I see her placing in the top 3, but as for me, I am putting her on my top 10 first. I felt when the scoreboard will be back to zero, I am not sure if her beauty is the cup of tea of the jurors as she is battling it out with queens with superior beauty than hers. Still, I wish her all the best and I will be cheering for her tonight. Go for the win Mongolia.

Indonesia is gaining momentum in the field of pageantry and as a fellow Asian, I am indeed happy for the many achievements they are receiving as of the moment. This country last year produced a second princess placement through Maria Harfanti. And year after year, I am truly affected by the Beauty with a Purpose entries from this country as I sincerely salute them with their efforts. From the bottom of my heart, I am wishing Natasha to bring another honor to her country INDONESIA.

My pre-arrival favorite and even up to now, I am still rooting for Anna. Mexico has yet to win a Miss World title and their closest bid was in 2009 through Perla Beltran. This year, all throughout the competition, Anna made herself visible and her presence was consistent. Truthfully, I am still picturing her in the top 5, and who knows, the judges might just love her bubbly personality.

Such a beautiful queen indeed. Brazil at Miss World has been a hit or miss at times, and since their win at 1971 (Lúcia Petterle), Brazil hasn't really perfected the right ingredients for their second blue crown. In 2012 and 2013, they ranked sixth and seventh, and their closest bid for the crown were in 1996 (Anuska Valeria Prado) and in 1983 (Catia Silveira Pedrosa) who both placed as second princesses. This year, I am considering Beatrice as a dark horse.

Making it to the top five is my other sentimental favorite with her beauty that is truly infectious --- UKRAINE. I think, Europe indeed sent a number of worthy queens deserving of the blue crown and this year, and Oleksandra is likely to bring home their first, if the stars will align on her path. Ukraine to date has yet to penetrate the top 5. Their highest placement was in the years 2000 and 2001 (top 10), 2009 and 2011 (top 15) and in 2013 (top 20). I am hoping that this year is a better year and perhaps even a top 3 finish.

Another European country that I truly adore is this lovely Hungarian lass named Timea. In 2014, Hungary almost made it as they bagged the first princess placement via Edina Kulcsar. This year, they sent a more engaging and natural beauty and in my opinion, her face screams Miss World. Will it be the year for Hungary? I'm pretty sure they are indeed hungry for the blue crown.

I am not making her my second princess because USA is the host country but because this beauty from Fargo indeed deserves a spot in the top three and perhaps the crown. America needs good news after Trump's victory I guess (kidding aside). Audra is one of the most consistent candidates from this batch as she is poised, relaxed and is embodying the brand of Miss World. In 2010, Alexandria Mills bagged the title of Miss World. Are we gonna see another American winning the title? Hmmmm.... we all know, I am not a fan of home turf win as it truly leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but with Audra, I woudnt mind.

Why do you think I am rooting for Yaritza in the top 3? Well, since 2001 (Nigeria-Agbani Darego), I guess Miss World is ready for another black barbie to win Miss World. For now, she is my first princess, but who knows? If she will deliver an impressive performance tonight, she might give my winner a run for the money. Domincan Republic's only win at Miss World was in 1982 via Mariasela Álvarez. Their closest bid for the crown was in 2004 via Claudia Julissa Cruz Rodriguez (first princess). If ever this year, Miss World will be a woman of color, I will be the happiest!

And the winner is....

The last time I felt like this was in 2013, when the PHILIPPINES finally bagged their very first Miss World crown. This year, Philippines is unstoppable as they send another worthy candidate who embodies the persona of a true Miss World winner. In my opinion, she has that superstar appeal that Julia Morley is looking for. She can sing, she is eloquent, she is tall, and most importantly, she has the heart to serve. If in 2013, I saw a Priyanka Chopra-win from Megan Young, this year, since the get go, I am seeing a Rolene Strauss-win in her.
I just feel, SHE IS THE ONE!

Disregard the fact that I am a Filipino, because I am not patronizing Catriona because I am being blind-nationalistic. No. I am choosing Catriona because as a pageant expert, I can see that she can best represent the brand of Miss World; she fits like a glove with the prototype Miss World is looking for. And lastly she has this engaging aura that when she starts talking, we will listen and will be convinced on what she is selling or telling to us.

For me, she has that winning CHARISMA... that "IT" factor!
And she should be Miss World 2016.

QUEEN of ASIA and OCENIA - PHILIPPINES
QUEEN of CARIBBEAN - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
QUEEN of NORTH AMERICA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
QUEEN of SOUTH AMERICA - BRAZIL
QUEEN of AFRICA - KENYA
QUEEN of EURORE - HUNGARY

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY's Miss World 2016 Final Hotpicks

Postby manoypoe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:50 am

AMENT TO THAT UNO. I HAVE THE SAME MEGAN-FEELING TO CATRIONA. :=p :=p
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby FunX3 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:52 am

Yay this is scary! Misso,geebee,p.e lahat.. [-O< [-O< [-O<

Image. . . Image
Image. . . Image
FunX3
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Fun Fun Fun
Date of Birth: 12 Jun 2014
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Alter... Alter.. Alternative Rocks! .V..
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: mag explore!
Message: forever Intermediate na lang ba ako? hello admin, mods? =)

Postby manoypoe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 am

I REALLY HAVE THE VERY POSITIVE FEELING ABOUT CATRIONA SINCE THE DAY SHE JOINED MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES. THE CROWN IS HERS TO LOSE AND MAY SHE PEFORMS EXCEPTIONALLY WELL TONIGHT. MAY THE GREAT FORCE BE WITH YOU CATRIONA.
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Harmonia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:33 am

I really like Catriona. :=p
Harmonia
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Aphrodite Castro
Date of Birth: 15 Jun 1990
Profession: Basher Buster
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing

Postby psyche of earth » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:45 am

I have the same feeling on Catriona with Megan. Actually I remember replying on a thread that another blue crown will come around 2015-2020 for PH. I think now is the time. She is the best delegate we sent after Megan. I am crossing my finger that the stars align for her... Go Catriona...

By the way... I miss your thread Sir UNO.
psyche of earth
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: niel
Date of Birth: 08 Apr 1990
Profession: educator
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Prediction Games

Postby goddessoxana27 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:50 am

from the expert!!! love the hotpicks!

:hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby Springfield » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:45 am

:=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

[-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.
I hate when my Ferrari runs out of fuel... & i have to use my Lamborghini
Springfield
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: dondon
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1975
Profession: CARDIOLOGIST, INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGIST
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, travel, beaches, Mac & Apple, Gadgets

Postby GUNS_&_BEAUTY » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 am

A lot of intl pageant aficionados have Catriona as their top bet to win the crown. :!!

Good luck Ms. Gray! :-*
MY ROAD TO 2018 TOP 3

Miss Universe | PHI - The Catriona Gray | SA | COL
Miss World | PHI | FRA |
Miss Earth | PR | COL | PRT
Miss International | FIN | PHI | MEX
GUNS_&_BEAUTY

Real Life Name/Nick: GUNS_&_BEAUTY
Date of Birth: 16 Nov 2013
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: GUNS_&_BEAUTY
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: GUNS_&_BEAUTY

Postby lutosfeet » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah.. Thanks for the wonderful thread UNO.. Will be praying for Cat.. Win or lose wag susuko.. Laban Pilipinas [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< :-* :-* :-* :-*
lutosfeet

Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Rocker
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing

Postby hahahahuhu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Although I agree with most of your picks, the way you state them is too political. you're too safe its like you want everybody to give you likes. --- just my opinion, and how it come across to me.
hahahahuhu

Real Life Name/Nick: Great
Date of Birth: 21 Feb 1999
Profession: Speaker
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing, pageant watching

Postby pineal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:14 pm

A treat as always =c3 =c3
pineal

Real Life Name/Nick: web
Date of Birth: 10 Mar 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Designer
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion Writing Music Design Astrophysics Nanotech

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 pm

I won't expect too much, but I wish all the girls especially my queen Catriona all the best :%(( :%(( :%(( :hx :hx :hx >:D< >:D<
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby ElsaHimala » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:30 pm

I'd been waiting for your prediction and truly a pageant expert . Have a Happy Holidays Uno !
ElsaHimala
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: La Au-nhor
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1920
Profession: Fortune Teller
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Tarot and Crystal Ball reading

Postby Sophia Scarlett » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:55 pm

WOW :hx :hx :hx <:-P
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find
all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

[youtube]LQougIu5X60[/youtube]
Sophia Scarlett

Date of Birth: 07 Mar 1993
Profession: Fashion Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Lollipops and Roses
Message: We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great Love.

Postby Rauma » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Great and bold review. Let's pray to The God of Beauty [-O< [-O< [-O< so we will not get any wtf winner this year.

I would't mind if this prediction would come true :)>- very close to my own
Earthquakes don't recognize borders. Diseases, famine, drought don't recognize borders. Why the f* should we?
Rauma

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby qwertyu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:04 pm

i'm getting scared [-O<

i also had this feeling in 2013! excited since the first MW crown is within reach. but nervous at the same time because that year was a real bloodbath with frontrunners like Spain, France and Brazil made a sweep in the FT events and eventually all made the top 6 :-O

this year i have the same feeling! excited since another MW crown is within reach c/o Catriona. but nervous at the same time because of politics #:-S

i already said it a lot of times, Catriona is the best that we've sent to MW after Megan.

not expecting, but really hoping for the best for Catriona :">
qwertyu

Real Life Name/Nick: kevin
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1989
Profession: something
Hobbies/Interests: something

Postby Rauma » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:14 pm

hahahahuhu wrote:Although I agree with most of your picks, the way you state them is too political. you're too safe its like you want everybody to give you likes. --- just my opinion, and how it come across to me.

It is not that play safe political prediction, if you read the texts. It is kind of based on the MW development placements in FT etc. I mean how much I like my girls Finland and Sweden, I don't expect them to place since they didn't do any cuts in FT and the interview itself doesn't do that much - remember Flora in 2014.

That's in my opinion thou
Earthquakes don't recognize borders. Diseases, famine, drought don't recognize borders. Why the f* should we?
Rauma

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Profession: Accountant
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby jhom » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Thank you Sir Uno. A nice thread indeed. Excellent choices and I believe that Catriona is THE ONE! :!! :!! :!!
Love for God, Love for Yourself, Love for Family and Love for Country.
jhom

Real Life Name/Nick: Jhom Garcia
Date of Birth: 08 Jan 1997
Profession: Accountant | Aspiring Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Singing and Pageants
Message: Spread Love and Positivity in the World. Fight for your country!

Postby ritchellopez » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Good Luck Catriona Gray.. representing the Philippines!!! :">
ritchellopez
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 10 Mar 1975
Profession: government employee
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: photography

Postby jhunz23 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Catriona deserves to win. Her beauty & her heart (passion) are extra ordinary. Star Quality! No doubt!
Ms. Gray's team did an amazing job! Aces & Queens---Thank you so much!

But we all know that MW is unpredictable! In previous editions they crown mediocre girls, who lost in the oblivion after being passing the crown to their successors. I hope not this year! I hope to heavens that they crown the most deserving girl!
jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Return to SEAL OF EXCELLENCE