⋆❁⋆ USA WINS MISS EARTH 2020 ⋆❁⋆

Re: ⋆❁⋆ MISS EARTH 2020 | VIRTUAL EDITION ⋆❁⋆

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:54 pm

NIGERIA

My belief is that, the easiest and cheapest way to mitigate the climate crisis is by growing and propagating plants and trees. Plants and trees have this intrinsic role, and at the same time, necessity of gasping the heat-trapping carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Human activities such as deforestation and fossil fuel burning have exacerbated the level of carbon dioxide now.

Based from the Climate Change: Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide research, as of last year, 2019, the average carbon dioxide presence in our Earth's atmosphere was 409.8 parts per million. The said amount was last recorded more than 3 million years wayback. Since this is dubbed to be a greenhouse gas, absorbing heat and releasing it eventually, it's continuous increase on our atmosphere amplifies our Earth's temperature to an off balance magnitude.

To be able to reverse this alarming situation, my gut says that we don't have to wait and rely for technological breakthroughs. We don't have to depend on our government when it will enforce further green legislations and measures. We don't have to wait for the disbelievers to embrace the truth.

We could make concrete steps on our own personal level:
- Tree Planting
- Propagate the idea to others
- Donate and Volunteer on Reforestation Projects

The solution is in our hands... In our desire to change... and It's available now.

manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm

NETHERLANDS

Eco Phot Day 17
I organized a beach cleanup together with a few finalists of Miss Earth Netherlands 2019! We put our best foot forward for a better environment. The reason people don’t live in a way that is harmonious with the earth is because we do not appreciate the relationship we have with the actual owner. Remember we are the caretakers so keep our oceans, beaches and forests clean and healthy!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:57 pm

INDIA

Eco Photo Day 1
Having understood the root cause of the problem of people being unable to have safe movement through the only approach way at late night in Kendur, Kanhoji Nagar village which is located approximately 45 km from Pune city, we at @samarthasolar solar decided to help this village in fulfilling their basic need of having well-lit road at night. My team and I discussed with the Village panchayat and decided on the places where they needed the illumination for their daily chores. We have installed Solar panel and lightings which will be equivalent to saving 90 kWh of fossil resources per pole. We have also undertaken free maintenance for these poles so that the village people can have relief as they travel through this road. A well lit road will lead to well lit Future.

Eco Photo Day 2
It's Scary!!!
Yes, it's absolutely scary to walk in dark, even if it's your own house. Isn't it? Now imagine the condition of those people who have to walk through dark streets for earning their bread daily. Unfortunately, they don't have a choice, and financial backup of their own to address this problem. Even today, most of the rural streets in India don't have access to the well-lit roads. Labour going back to their home after work face the challenge of passing through dark spots, the fear of the unknown is quite stressful as we all can relate through our personal experience. And for women, it's not even an option to consider passing through such roads alone.

If only we utilize the abundance of nature available to us, this can be solved once and forever!!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:59 pm

PORTUGAL

Eco Photo Day 2
Biodiversity is one of the greatest riches of the planet. It is essential for the functioning and balance of all ecosystems. We must preserve biodiversity by taking the right decisions and actions, since all species have an inherent right to life and this should be the main reason to protect and preserve it.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:01 pm

MYANMAR

Eco Photo Day 4
Plants absorb carbon dioxide from the air and releases oxygen from their leaves. Chlorophyll, the green pigment in plants, is necessary for plants to convert carbon dioxide and water using sunlight, into oyxgen, which we use to breathe. They also say that the greenery in our living environment affects our physical and mental health positively. As your Miss Earth Myanmar, I call on you all to plant and go green, because the benefits have a positive impact on us and our biodiversity.

Eco Photo Day 5
The Ayeyarwady river or Irrawaddy river, in English translates to as "river that brings blessings to the people”. It is the longest and the most prominent river in our country, Myanmar. And as its name suggests, it is where we drink, travel and it is where our nation is replenished with water, fish and fertile soil. Hence, this river sustains us. But recently, according to Jeske, F. (2019), on a survey regarding Plastic Waste in the Ayeyarwady, as of February 17, 2020, the Ayeyarwady river is ranked as the 9th most polluted river globally with a plastic discharge of roughly 100 tons per day. So how do we protect the river which is vital to over 60% of residents living along the bank? We start with ourselves by rethinking our actions and managing our communities. I call on you to be educated first to protect it, take part in a video learning series that we will showcase on our social media platforms. Take action by getting informed.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:02 pm

FRANCE

Eco Photo Day 3
Eco Angel of France, Léa Llorens walking in a meadow serving as pasture for
ewes fed solely on fodder without any pesticide to conserve biodiversity.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 pm

BOLIVIA

Eco Photo Day 1
Yesterday I had the opportunity with Te Apoyo organization to feed homeless animals in the street of La Paz city.
It’s very important to help less fortunate people and animals. All action counts.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:06 pm

SINGAPORE

Eco Photo Day 8
The effects of plastic on the environment are devastating. Many of them are not often recycled and without proper disposal, it pollutes our environment and harms the wildlife. Opt for a reusable bag because it makes shopping so much for fun when you go eco-friendly! It isn't just durable and multi-purposeful, but it helps save money and definitely a trendy alternative! Sustainable and fashionable, how great is that!

Eco Photo Day 10
Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay is the destination to experience the best of nature and architecture, where it is designed for sustainable cycles in energy and water throughout the garden. Right behind me is one of the features of the garden, the Supertrees! They collectively cultivate more than 200 species of plants and are equipped with environmentally sustainable functions. From generating solar powers, collecting rainwater to acting as air venting ducts for the conservatories!

I believe Gardens by the Bay is a great example of sustainable architecture. With sustainable architecture, we can reduce the negative impact of buildings and have a responsible & green future!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:07 pm

BELARUS

Eco Photo Day 3
Spending more time outside can benefit the environment in a great way. You re-establish your connection with nature and tend to care for it more. You share your experiences with your friends and family and share more photos on social media form beautiful places, which then more people visit, and as the attention grows, more people start thinking about the need for conservation and preservation of the land. Being outside also has a lot of health benefits and can help to unite people together.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:09 pm

BELGIUM

Eco Photo Day 11
Reusable make-up pads
Did you know that if you use 2 cotton make-up pads everyday, you will need 60 make-up pads per month. This is not good for our environment. Regular cotton pads don't biodegradable due to the bleaching. In my daily skincare routine I use reusable makeup pads. It is washable and you can use it multiple times. Using reusable make-up pads is way better for our environment!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:37 pm

BRAZIL

Eco Photo Day 3
On a visit to the indigenous village of the Tuyuka people, between the Rio Negro and the Solimões River, near Lake Janauary, I had a day of coexistence with those people who between rituals and singing showed the true essence of being a guardian echo of the forest and nature, I had a little experience of what it's like to live with the Example for the world of how to live in peace with the forest our greatest good.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 pm

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:40 pm

It's always hard to say goodbye
Thank You for your amazing reign as Miss Earth Poland 2019
Once a Queen always a Queen!

Once again - your Miss Earth Poland 2019
It was an honour!
Thank you for the opportunity, for your help and support! It was one of the best adventures of my life!
I’m handing over the crown but great memories will last forever
Ps. Don’t be sad, I’m not saying goodbye to beauty pageants. Everything can happen. Stay tuned!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:43 pm

SIERRA LEONE

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:21 pm

USA
LINDSEY COFFEY
Height: 176 cm
Measurements: 32 in - 24 in - 36 in

"Coming from an industry that is rooted on looks, a lot of girls have difficulty processing feedback in a healthy way. Therefore, I am a huge supporter and advocate for mental health. I connect with fellow models who are under mental stress and help them back into a mentally calm and safe space.

One day, I also hope to build an animal sanctuary to empty the kennels and to rescue the ill-treated. I always had a love for animals. This is another reason I love nature so much. It is a home to so many beautiful creatures. It is amazing to be able to share a space with so many different forms of life. Sometimes they tend to sneak up on you as well as once I was caught in the middle of thousands of jelly fish off the coast of South Africa!"
Miss Earth USA 2020

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS
I was an athlete and honor student involved in many extra-circulars. Despite my ex-tensive hobbies, I used to be incredibly shy; however, I always had the courage to perform for people on stage. As I grew I started to open up and my passions which I always held inside, started to come out. I was very passionate about everything I did. I developed a deep connection to animals and the outdoors. Not only did I want to partake in everything, I wanted to lead. During those years, I was a social butterfly. I was president of my student council, captain of my cheerleading squad, and I was al-so voted Miss BCMS (Miss Beth-Center Middle School) during our yearbook super-latives by my fellow classmates. Everyone thought I was very mature for my age. We also took part in the Foster Care Program when I was 11, and continue to this day. Growing up with other children, some with special needs, had impacted me for the better. I believe one gains maturity while opening your home to others from different backgrounds as well as new perspectives on life.

WHAT IS YOUR MEMORABLE MOMENT?
I’ve had many memorable moments, however, I would like to highlight the first time I left the country. In my early teens years, my family and I vacationed in the Bahamas. I instantly fell in love with the diversity, the different landscapes, as well as the people. It was at that moment I realized how big the world was, and my dream was to see all of it. Looking back, after all of the countries I have now visited, that holiday ignited the fire in me to become the well-traveled and well-rounded woman I am today.

ANY SPECIAL STORIES OR FACTS ABOUT YOUR FAMILY?
My great-grandmother came to the USA from Italy. My blood line is linked to Marie Antoinette, who was the Queen of France during the 1700s.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
One year, I spent Christmas by myself in Zimbabwe. I was leaving Sydney, Australia and my next destination was Cape Town, South Africa. To avoid excessive, long-haul flights, I opted to spend Christmas elsewhere. I decided to spend my holiday in Zimbabwe while country hopping to Zambia and Botswana.

Although, not many people celebrate Christmas the way I did, I had one of the best experi-ences in my life. I stayed in a beautiful hotel overlooking the jungle. You could see a variety of wild animals all from the comfort of your rooms’ balcony. The hotel was so immersed, there were signs cautioning you to keep your windows and doors closed as the monkeys would sneak in and wreak havoc! During my trip, I met with the locals and discovered Zimbabweans are some of the nicest humans on Earth. No matter your status, hotel manager or serviceman, everyone greeted you with a smile and a handshake.

In Zimbabwe, I viewed the famous Victoria Falls, then crossed over to Zambia and had a tru-ly immersive and unforgettable experience in what is known as the Devil’s Pool. I hiked up the side of the falls, swam through crocodile infested waters, and sat at the very edge of the 100 foot waterfall while fish nibbled at my legs. At one point, the fish made me so uncomfortable, I lifted my legs to the surface of the water where the current swept me away as it pushed my upper body over the falls. As quickly as I was swept, my guide caught me and stabilized me back into the water.

That day I experienced a feeling I never felt before. I cannot find the words, but invigorated, unstoppable, and euphoric will have to do. For my last tour, I took a solo safari to Botswana where my guide and I explored Chobe Na-tional Park. I had never seen such beautiful colors of green and brown. The sky was grey, and small rain droplets fell from above as I watched all types of animals drink from a watering hole. As we left, we drove our open vehicle on one of the most dangerous roads connecting Bot-swana to Zimbabwe. It was recommended to steer clear of that roadway during night as it was not uncommon to experience a wild animal attack. I left my trip an entirely new person with a new perspective. I was more cultured, more edu-cated, and more inspired to connect with nature on the most intimate level possible. What started as an odd and seemingly lonesome trip, gave me one of life’s most beautiful moments. I will remember that trip forever.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
We are facing many environmental issues today; however, the water crisis poses the most immediate risk as it affects humanity and regional stability. Our water on Earth is limited due to pollution, overuse and the increase of demand, lack of or outdated infrastructure, as well as changes in weather patterns due to global warming. Globally, we must turn to ecological res-toration, contour farming, rainwater harvesting, and desalination in order to combat this cri-sis.

WHAT TIPS CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE ECOTOURISM & CLIMATE CHANGE?
As a representative of the Miss Earth organization, my reach is monumentally more expansive. It is my primary duty to promote the mission and conduct hands on work as a beauty for a cause. My goal is to encourage conversation with others, to amplify my voice, influence others to use their voices, to share on social media, and to con-duct impactful media outreach. First, the job of a Miss Earth delegate requires extensive travel. During these travels, I promote ecotourism by partnering with green hotels and by “acting local” during each tour. By eating in local restaurants, shopping in local businesses, and walking around the city instead of driving, you are not just supporting their economy and providing a higher standard of living, you’re having an authentic and immersive experience in that city. Second, I am actively using social media and reaching out to media outlets to make climate change a personal and social issue. When we relate climate change to each community, the residents see the impacts climate change has on their specific area. Also, by appealing to communal values like health, community development, and having a clean and safe environment the people will be more likely to take action. Finally, I am encouraging others to get involved and be part of climate action. My hands on community work will focus on areas that are hit hard with the affects of climate change. Showing firsthand work in these communities will create momentum for change.

WHAT MAKES YOU PROUD OF YOUR COUNTRY?
I am proud of my country for many reasons. I am proud of my people. When we see or hear an injustice take place, we speak up and take action. Whether it be through social media awareness or in-person assemblies, we make our voices heard. We are the “united” in the United States of America. I am proud of living in a land that stands for freedom and opportunity. I am proud that we have the ability to easily influence others to go green and sustainable through social platforms. Today, it is much easier for one voice to be heard. It is very easy to stay connected to not only your community and nation, but to the world.

WHAT CAN YOU PROMOTE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY?
In the USA, we have passionate climate leaders who never stop fighting for climate action. Across America, states, cities, universities, and citizens are taking action to fight climate change, stimulate the economy, and protect public health to remain a global leader in reducing emissions. We have dedicated programs in protecting and preserving our national parks, an ex-tensive list of green, sustainable hotels across America, and citizens who encourage eco-friendly culture.

WHAT TRIVIA ABOUT YOURSELF WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE?
I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, a choice I made as a child because of my connec-tion with animals. I have exceptional hearing where I can hear sound waves the average person cannot hear. I lived in multiple countries for months at a time such as Italy, Mexico, South Africa, Germa-ny, Canada, and Australia. I traveled to six countries in two weeks. I toured each country learning of their social and po-litical history, as well as economic trends. I went on a solo safari for an intimate and personal experience in Chobe National Park of Botswana.
Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

Reading the profile of USA in missearth.tv which I posted above, the more I admire this Queen. I really think, no I firmly believe without a doubt, that she is the One! :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm

SWEDEN
GABRIELLA LOMM MANN
Height: 174 cm
Measurements: 33 in - 24 in - 35 in

"Everyday you are given a new chance to become who you really are. Never doubt your instincts and your feelings and always believe that you are strong enough, you are smart enough or good enough. As long as you believe in yourself and have your heart and ambition and independence with you, nothing is impossible. Never let anyone tell you who your are and never give up on your dreams."
Miss Earth Sweden 2020

I grew up in the citycenter of Stockholm as the only child with my mum who supported me with all of her heart. She showed me the world from all parts and made me understand in a young age the importance of respecting other people, self love and trust. I think I have always been a dreamer. A dreamer of something big. But I have always also been a creator. When I was 8-13 years old I was dreaming of becoming something big and I also dreamed about independence and to become more then what people expected of me. My mum drived me between my music school, to my gymnastic training and then a few years later to my modeling jobs. She said that she was never worried about me, and she never created big rules at home because she believed in me and trusted me. This trust and this belief has made me the loyal, caring and loving person I am today. Also she created ambition in me and a will to think very big during my hole life. Today I would say that I am not done, but I am on a good path. I will never stop dreaming and creating and I have the belief that nothing is impossible.

One of my memorable moments was when I sang at the royal wedding between princess Victoria and price Daniel in Sweden. This was a huge opportunity for me and wonderful in every way. But why this moment is so memorable for me is because that was the day I realized that whatever your title is, princess or prince, we are all humans with our need and insecurities. And we are all on the same planet with the same issues. I was talking with some royalty and I understood that there was so much behind their titles and their position in the society. They had also bad days, problems and issues as everyone. That is something I will bring with my title as Miss Earth Sweden, that whoever you are and whoever you want to be, you can always make dreams come true and nothing is impossible as long as you have your heart and ambition with you.

I thank my family for who I am today in many ways but I really thank them for my passion and ambition in becoming something big. In my family the women have always been the most ambitious and powerful, and that is something that for sure have created who I am today. My family have aways supported me with that whatever I want to become or whatever I want to be. It will never be impossible or too late as long as I have my heart and ambition and passion with me. For example my aunt decided at 66 years old that she, out of nowhere wanted to become an author, no-one believed that it was possible. Now one year later she has her own book published and you can buy her book in every bookstore in Sweden.

The most unusual thing I have ever done I think is that I have accomplished so many different things because I have always believed in myself. I went from a full time singer, to signing my first modeling contract in Sweden, to becoming an accountant at one of the biggest accounting companies in the world. And last year I got the huge opportunity to represent Norway in Top model of the world, and this year’s Miss Earth Sweden. I can never explain how grateful and honored I am and I think that’s why I have accomplished this is because I have always believed in myself, learned and listened to others who know more than me and never ever gave up.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
Today we are making huge differences with measures against environmental issues by reducing plastic use, reducing polluting emissions and choosing companies that are more environmental friendly then others. We still have huge problems with Biodiversity. Biodiversity is the most complex and vital feature of our planet. Water pollution is a huge concern for us and our environment. To address deforestation, we need plants and trees to survive. Pollution and climate change are problems as well. I will book a meeting with the government and discuss the measures we are doing to fight environmental degradation and spread the truth about what we are doing and not doing and what we can do to make a change.

We can also see that the fashion industry, one of the biggest industries doesn’t have an environmental mindset as other industries. We see today that recycled clothes are connected to low budget clothes and the none recycled clothes connected to high budget and exclusivity. I want to change this by challenging the big companies and ask them about their environmental mindset and measures. I also challenge these companies to move the production of clothes from the low budget countries as China to Sweden. If we created huge greenhouses we could grow our own cotton and create the fabrics in a environmental friendly way in our home country.

She can also see that the fashion industry, one of the biggest industries doesn’t have an environmental mindset as other industries. They see today that recycled clothes are connected to low budget clothes and the none recycled clothes connected to high budget and exclusive ones. She wants to change this by challenging the big companies and ask them about their environmental mindset and measures. She also challenges these companies to move the production of clothes from the low budget countries as China to Sweden. If they created huge greenhouses they could grow their own cotton and create fabrics in a environmental friendly way in their home country.

I think the biggest thing to promote is that everything starts from you. I often hear that, ” I can make a change”, but just do what you can do. When you start to change your behavior you will always get at least 10 people to think about their behavior and actions. I don’t believe one person can change the world, but I believe that one person can do what they can and also influence others to understand and make difference.

I have always been proud of my beautiful country since I was a very little girl. When my mum grew up in the north of Sweden I have seen the beautiful fir forests, I have seen northern lights and I have fetched energy at a Swedish alp top just next to mooses and reindeers. Because I grew up in Stockholm I have also seen the best of the city and all our canals and lakes. But what I am most proud of about my country is how open we are for different and new thinking. We have always been an advocate and promoted human rights, the right to love who you want, and the right to live your life in the way you want. We opened up to other cultures and welcomed it to our country with open armes and respect.

My beautiful country is one of diverse people and cultures with eleven official languages. It is surrounded by the Atlantic and Indian Ocean located at the Southern tip of Africa. South Africa is rich in natural heritage and is the third most bio diverse country in the world with a variety of eco systems, landscapes and ranging climates.

I would like to share to others that whatever you want to become and whatever you want to do nothing is possible. I am who I am today because I have always believed in myself, learned from people who know more then me and always been working on development and creating meaning for me and others. It is never to late to become who ore what you want to be, everything starts from today.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm

SOUTH AFRICA
LUNGO KATETE
Height: 165 cm
Measurements: 30 in - 22 in - 37 in

"I love learning about new cultures and different languages and so this year I am challenging myself to learn French."
Miss Earth South Africa 2020

From a very young age, I have always been very adventurous. I would swing on trees and climb to the top to get my favorite fruits. I have always loved the outdoors and often found myself drawing what I would see and that was the beginning of my love for art.

My family and I had moved to a new house and while packing away my clothes I found a pair of ballet shoes. I knew nothing about ballet, but I danced around the house every single day believing I was a ballerina.

I am the first of five children and although we are a lot alike we each express ourselves differently, ranging from music, dance and even farming.

The most unusual thing I have ever done was play with ants. When I was young the way they moved around in a single file fascinated me so much, it felt as though they were hunting for treasure and that made me want to be a part of the discovery.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
As Miss Earth South Africa, my advocacy is “Waste Stops With Me”. This campaign advocates through community clean ups, tree plantings and school visits to educate children on the importance of our environment and empowering them with the knowledge and tools needed to keep our country safe and clean not only for ourselves but for the generations to come.

As Miss Earth South Africa, my advocacy is “Waste Stops With Me”. This campaign advocates through community clean ups, tree plantings and school visits to educate children on the importance of our environment and empowering them with the knowledge and tools needed to keep our country safe and clean not only for ourselves but for the generations to come.

One thing I love about South Africa is the diversity. We are a rainbow nation that embraces all cultures and people with eleven official languages, eight terrestrial biomes and nineteen national parks.

My beautiful country is one of diverse people and cultures with eleven official languages. It is surrounded by the Atlantic and Indian Ocean located at the Southern tip of Africa. South Africa is rich in natural heritage and is the third most bio diverse country in the world with a variety of eco systems, landscapes and ranging climates.

With my passion for music, I taught myself how to play the guitar so I could sing to all the songs I love.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm

SINGAPORE
CHRISTINA CAI
Height: 163 cm
Measurements: 33 in - 25 in - 35 in

"Despite being a dancer as a profession, I’m still eager to serve the nation and I’m looking forward to volunteering and contributing to the national defense of my country!"
Miss Earth Singapore 2020

My childhood has been cheerful and filled with happiness as I was blessed with supportive parents who gave me full liberty to my own decisions and choices. I was a bubbly and cheerful kid who just loves talking so much that I can keep going for a long while. Growing up, I was passionate about the arts and traveling as I’m always seeking for new adventures to embark on. I’ve been dancing since the age of 4 and I’ve never stopped pursuing this passion of mine, for which I thank my parents for always supporting this dream of mine.

My memorable moment in my life would be being appointed as Miss Earth Singapore 2020 and the opportunity to participate in Miss Earth 2020. During these trying times as the world was fighting the virus outbreak and life was at a standstill, this opportunity was a beacon of light and hope. Never would I expect myself to be competing in the virtual pageant of Miss Earth, along with many inspiring Eco-Angels and this thought just makes me feel stronger and motivated.

My beautiful parents have been together for 39 years. My mother is from Penang, Malaysia and my father met her through his work when he’s down in Penang. It’s amazing to hear that even though they were dating for 3 years before their marriage, they actually were only able to meet for a total of 3 months out of the 3 years. Without the advancement of technology in the 1980s where there weren't smartphones and features like video-call, their love for each other was so strong that despite the distance they are able to keep their love alive.

The most unusual thing I’ve done is to embark on a leadership expedition to Manali, India to trek across the Manali pass that stretches through the lower Himalayan Alps. It was a 5-day hike where we climbed a mountain at a high altitude of above 4000 metres. After the journey, it made me reflect on my progress in life and I really stand by the quotes of "Take small steps every day and one day you will get there." and "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” Sometimes I wonder where is the top; where is the end? No matter how much I walked up, I couldn't see the place for our rest stops, our base camp or even the summit. There were many times I wanted to give up but I was supported by my companions who constantly cheered and encouraged me to keep going. That’s when I realised there is no rush in the process as each step I take is an achievement itself and I’m one step closer to the destination. With the right mindset, I can overcome every obstacle. In fact, this trip I’ve taken is still one of my most memorable trips.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My environmental advocacy is to fight climate change through environmental education to make environmentally conscious choices to improve the environment as we work towards a zero waste society. There are various pressing concerns such as single-use plastics, plastic pollution, food wastage and it is time to understand that the key to protecting the earth is through education and our love for Mother Earth. No matter where you come from, what language you speak or the colour of your skin, this is our home, our earth, our responsibility. We have to protect our home like how it has provided and embraced us with its resilience and resources. I want to inspire and educate people more on how to reduce, reuse, recycle and respect the environment as without respect, we will not be able to rethink what to do to save the environment. Let’s work together to make earth a better place because if not now, then when? If not us, then who?

Even though countries have different ecosystems, they all share a common problem: the effects of climate change. In a world plagued by climate change, the impact of this massive tourism industry on the environment is gargantuan. It is essential that we minimize the environmental impact of tourism around the world through ecotourism and awareness in people’s consciousness. Here are some tips to keep in mind when we travel as we adopt an ecotourism mindset.
Tip 1: Choose eco-certified tours, hotels as well as airlines! These eco-certified companies aim to use less electricity, water and natural resources while promoting environmental sustainability and reducing carbon emissions.
Tip 2: Travel Slow and consider green transportation! By taking the public transports, bicycles and walking are ‘greener’ modes of transportation as it greatly reduces carbon footprints as well as a great way to meet the locals.
Tip 3: Treat your destination as if it were your home. Go beyond by avoiding the usage of single-use plastics, bringing your own biodegradable toiletries and leave behind as little possible. Be responsible, take nothing but the memories.

We may be just a little red dot on the world map, but we have progressed immensely since our independence in 1965. Being known as a city in a garden, I’m proud as a Singaporean that Singapore is truly living up to our name of a Garden City. Despite the rapid and extensive urbanisation, our small nation has managed to rank top in sustainability amongst Asian cities and as well in the world as going green has never been just about the aesthetics for Singapore. We thrive to care for our environment as a way of life as we constantly advance our sustainability culture and enforce various environmental laws. Sustainable water systems, efficient public transport, eco-friendly architecture, and reduced energy usage are the few ways my country is being environmentally friendly. With an abundance of ecological sites such as Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Botanic Gardens, tropical nature reserve, parks and reservoirs for people to experience nature in different forms, there is no shortage of ecotourism experience in Singapore.

Other than our famous airport and airline, what’s beautiful about my country Singapore is that it is where cultures, religions and passions meet. We are a multiracial and multicultural country where you get to experience the many facets of Singapore’s multi-ethnic diversity from culture, food and art. With our rich cultural tapestry, it is not unusual to find temples, mosques and churches located within walking distance from each other. To be a multiracial country is a beautiful thing where regardless of race and religion, we all co-exist with equal rights and opportunities. I would also promote my country as a gourmet’s paradise where we have access to diverse cuisine, Michelin star restaurants to our humble hawkers in our neighbourhoods . You name it, we have it. Last but not least, our vibrant art scene with great art festivals where traditional and modern coexist and interlace. We have art murals along the heritage shophouses to the futuristic Art Science Museum that showcases creativity and innovation through works of art and science.

I’ve always had a dream to be a soldier and serve my nation as I’m interested and fascinated by the training, operations, equipment and vehicles. I look up to the women soldiers who are serving and I always take the opportunity to talk to them and learn from them during the open house.
Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 pm

PUERTO RICO
KRYSTAL BADILLO
Height: 172 cm
Measurements: 33 in - 23 in - 34 in

"I love to present myself as I am. Humble, hardworking, funny with a great heart and somebody who really wants to make a change and wants to inspire others to do so. Another trivia about me is that I love comedy. For me, it is a funny way to make people realize what is going on."

My childhood was full of adventures. My family is very united and since we (me and my brother) where little, we used to visit lots of beaches, caves, plant trees, see corals and go to the virgin islands to see more hidden beaches. That's why i'm so adventurous and love nature.

A memorable moment for me was when I was little, I went to the Virgin Island with my family and friends and visited different beaches and caves. We had so much fun because we all stayed on the boats to sleep, and seeing the stars at night was incredible.

Fact- my grandfather loves gardening and I think I got my skills from him. Special story about my family is that my family has been very supportive of me especially my mom. My grandmother gets very happy every time she sees me on the newspaper and she shows all her friends.

What’s unusual is that when I started with my kitchen gardening I couldn’t believe that I was eating from my own crop. Now, I love the idea.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?

My advocacy is to spread through my presence, voice and action, everything that serves as motivation to build awareness and set an example that we are all agents of change to build a better planet. The efforts of all united will make a change and the time is now.

Social media has a big impact on kids, young adults and adults nowadays. Since the coronavirus, there are more people at home and working through the computer. That’s why I know that is a big way to raise awareness about climate change and the importance of ecotourism.

There are so many things that make me proud. The people of my country are always happy and very friendly with everyone and we enjoy dancing and music. We have El Yunque ( 1 of the 10 wonderful places), Culebra with a very famous beach and lots of rivers, caves, beaches and places to visit like “Chinchorros” were you eat typical plates of Puerto Rico.

The ecotourism in Puerto Rico is great and the food is delicious. The island is only 100 x35 but full with lots of beauties and places you only see in dreams. It is a real blessing.

I do a lot of inner talk. When I’m passing through a bad or good time, I start talking to myself and look at the bright side of everything. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and if we look for the bright side, great things will come. Also, I love going on adventures and hidden places of my island to learn more about nature.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 pm

ARGENTINA
ESTRELLA DANIERI
Height: 175 cm
Measurements: 33 in - 24 in - 37 in

"I like adventure trips, I also really love feeling the water, taking showers in the rain and taking care of myself."

I would describe it as dificult by some events that happened but at the same time made me stronger as a person.

I always remember making mud dolls with my siblings, riding horses and playing in the country side.

Something that marked me was losing my brother Anibal. It was the saddest moment in my entire life.

When I was seventeen I went to Buenos Aires to a casting by my own, it was really fun.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
Prevention of forest fires

Visiting National Parks
Create environmental consciousness Maintain natural áreas untouched
Birdwatching
Photography
Tourism-oriented laws

I am very proud of people's hospitality and coolness.

I would promote our diverse landscapes and wildlife.

I am co-coordinator in “Brilla Mujer" which is a foundation to help people with cáncer.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Argentina must add more or expound on her answers coz they're lackluster. It is making me nervous on how she will perform in her QandA. =O/ =O/
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 pm

AUSTRALIA
BRITTANY DICKSON
Measurements: 32 in - 26 in - 36 in

"I’m very proud of my charity work over the past few years. Since 2017, I’ve raised over $15000 AUD for the Cure Brain Cancer Foundation. I’ve also enjoyed contributing and being part of the different environmental charities like Greening Australia and WWF’s Australian Wildlife and Nature Recovery Fund."

I will say that I had great childhood years; I was outside a lot and was fascinated by the natural world. It didn’t matter where I was – whether in my grandparents backyard playing with the worms in the compost, camping trips, chasing kangaroos (and occasionally being chased back) or being at the beach diving through waves bigger than I was to get as close as possible to dolphins. These are truly my fondest memories.

Aside from being a cancer-survivor, one of my special moments I will never forget is my University graduation – It always feels like yesterday that I am standing at my graduation ceremony surrounded by my friends and peers who I’d studied animal and veterinary bioscience alongside for four years.

Knowing soon that I will be taking that important step towards contributing to environmental protection professionally was an amazing feeling.

I’m certainly sure it’s the same feeling that will return when ‘surrounded’ virtually by my Miss Earth sisters during this competition.

My family raised me to respect life great and small. I think it’s special that every pet we’ve kept has been a rescue. May it be a lost dog and cat and even my own pet bird, Greeny. I love that they’ve given me the opportunity to develop my own sense of empathy and stewardship in this way.

Probably when I contributed to some field research on Port Jackson sharks – I had the opportunity to free-dive and work with these beautiful animals. Seeing the look on people’s faces when you walk out of the ocean carrying a live shark (to microchip, measure and collect DNA) always led to some funny reactions.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
Wildlife conservation – Not only do I have a deep love for land and marine animals but by protecting them we also tackle other big environmental issues. Protecting wildlife habitat means changing our way of life by;
• Reducing our carbon footprint to fight climate change
• Pushing towards zero-waste lifestyles
• Restoring habitat by planting trees and standing up against overdevelopment.

Some simple travel tips to be an environmentally conscious traveler (and reduce your contribution to climate change) includes;
• Saying NO to single use plastics (complimentary toothbrushes, bottles, straws, utensils)
• Avoiding flying or driving (where possible) – if you embrace public transport this will also often allow you to also experience the local culture.
• Do your research! Book accommodation or tours that offer eco-friendly options and provide education on the local environment.
• VOLUNTEER – if you want a real hands-on experience and something to remember for a lifetime, signup for a trip where you can participate in eco-initiatives.

I am proud of our people. We are strong, resilient and have a lot of heart. One example is Steve Irwin who will go down in history as one of the most iconic wildlife warriors – he’s a hero because he saved so many animals doing what he loved to do – educating, raising awareness and inspiring people like me.

We are lucky that our country is home to some of the most diverse and unique wildlife on the planet. And each experience can be so different - whether you’d like to swim with turtles through our brilliant coral reefs, hear the cackle of laughing kookaburras from tall gum trees or get up close and personal with our smiling quokkas – there is something for everyone.

Only my family and close friends knows that I am an aspiring singer. I like to put on a mini concert for my pet parrot, Greeny, every night – she loves listening to me sing Disney songs (even if no one else does).
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:09 pm

BELARUS
MARIIA REZNYUK
Measurements: 33.8 in - 23.6 in - 33.8 in

"I should be the next Miss Earth because I believe if I have a proper platform I can actually make some difference."

I moved to Russia from Belarus when I was little, and at that point I attended school. I had a great family and was going to multiple sections and classes. At the age of 8 I broke few bones in my spine and I stayed at the hospital for a while and didn’t attend school for a year or so. That is when my passion for reading reached a new level and I became obsessed with books. Few years later as I fully recovered. I went to the race track for the first time, and since then I started racing go karts. I was one of only two girls and competed with boys. Later, I became the only girl there and I competed ever since until I went to New Zealand.

My memorable moment is during New Years with all of my family before my great-grandmother died.

My grandfather watched Formula 1 and Top Gear so that is how I became a fan of cars myself. I am very close with my grandparents and we do a lot of stuff together. I love watching Star Track with them or going on a road trip. My great-grandmother taught me how to walk and talk. She was an amazing human, the kindest I know.

The most unusual thing I’ve ever done is live by myself since I was 16 and travelled multiple counties alone.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My advocacy is about standing up for the weaker ones, promoting anti-bullying and self-love. That includes awareness of the harm that other people do to our planet and educating people about the harm they doing. I am strongly against littering.

I would love for more people to travel to Belarus and see how beautiful this country is. I believe that if local people see how much tourists appreciate our nature, they will learn to love it more. I also believe that social media is a great platform to generate some interest, educate and show people how we are destroying, but also preserving, some of the most beautiful places on Earth. I want to educate more people about the importance of caring about our planet because I believe that it is responsibility of a humankind to preserve what is around us and I think the interest around Greta Thunberg is a great example of how, in a modern world with social media, it’s easier to raise awareness and make more people think about climate change.

Belarus is a beautiful, amazing country with the kindest people with a lot to know about world. It’s People are what makes me proud.

I would like to promote Braslav Lake Area, Minsk Sea and the Chalk Pits (our Maldives) in Belarus.

Some trivia about me is that I know quite a few pieces of poetry by heart. I am a dog person and I wanted to be a president when I grew up.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm

BOLIVIA
VALENTINA PEREZ MEDINA
Measurements: 34.6 in - 27 in - 35.5 in

"I want to share my charisma and my empathy. Because it is something that our world today has forgotten and put aside. A beauty queen must be an "influencer" of love and respect; we must motivate young people to get involved in social work."
Miss Earth Bolivia 2020

My childhood was amazing. I was raised by my grandfathers and mother. They thought me to be a fighter and a brave person. All I am today is because of them; they gave me life lessons, moral knowledge, sense of justice and over all love.

I had many memorable moments, but the most important and the one I will always remember is the moment when I heard my name as the Miss Bolivia winner. It was one of my childhood dreams. After all my effort and hard work I made my dream become a reality. I cannot explain all the pride and happiness I felt in that moment.

My mother is a fighter. She was a victim of domestic violence, even when she was sad or beaten she never stop fighting and giving love to me and my family. At that moment I had two options: cry or support my mother and help her to confront the problem and the abuser. I chose the second option… After this incident I realized how strong my mother and my family is and we became more united than ever.

When I was at Miss International Contest I had the opportunity to try their gastronomy, they have strange dishes I made the most of my time there and I ate the strangest foods I saw. One I remember in Natto.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My advocacy has always been helping other people and animals, since my teenage years I felt attracted to social work. I find joy in helping. There is nothing more gratifying than helping other people and animals.

Bolivia is one of the most bio diverse countries in the world. We have valleys, jungles, deserts, and the biggest salt flat in the world, the highest and deepest lake in the world providing incredible landscapes and diversity of flora and fauna. We should promote and show the world what Bolivia has. Also, we have to invest in highways and transport methods that don’t affect the vegetation, education and preservation of the earth to make a sustainable tourism chain.

I am proud to be Bolivian because my country is multi-ethnic and multicultural. We have on one side, the Amazon with jungles and tropical forests, and on the other, we have the Altiplano with lakes, deserts, mountains and our incredible Salar de Uyuni. We are hard-working people, fighters and of faith. We have demonstrated more than once our union as a country, that defines “unity and courage” for Bolivians.

My country has a lot of diversity of cultures and tourist places. We have the Bolivian Amazon with warm climate and tropical landscapes; we also have the plateau where we can find Lake Titicaca, huge hills such as Cerro Rico de Potosi, Illimani and our majestic Salar de Uyuni. The gastronomy of Bolivia is so diverse and delicious that all the people that tries them makes Bolivian food one of their top favorite foods. That is why I would like to promote our diversity and multiculturalism in my country.

I would like to show my passion for helping others, for creating and being part of campaigns that help others and our environment. It is something that is part of me, it would not be me without being part of a humanitarian and social aid, and I want to encourage more young people to be encouraged to contribute their grain of sand to the world through good actions.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:23 pm

COSTA RICA
KELLY AVILA
Height: 170 cm
Measurements: 35 in - 25 in - 38 in

"I love being in contact with nature and organizing food collection campaigns to help people with limited resources."

I had an amazing childhood because I grew up with a family that taught to me the importance of respect, in every way of life, to know that we’re connected with nature and that we’re not alone in this world. Since I was seven years old I started in the World Scouting Movement, so I learned to live in harmony with all that exists around me, for example people, animals, flora, fauna, also how to set up camp, to make fire, and others tips of survival stuff. During my growing years I performed as a Girl Scout, dividing my time between my school, my family time and the Scouts.

The memorable moment from my childhood is hard but that made me stronger and more conscious about life. When I was 10 years old I went to a family trip to celebrate new year. Everything was going fine until the next day (January 1st), we went to a river near to our house, I remember that I was playing on the shore and suddenly a very strong current start to drag me towards the center of the river. I could not swim to get out of it, I started to swallow a lot of water, I couldn't breathe… At that precise moment I saw that I was going to die, I began to despair. My father tried to get me out of the water but at the end he couldn't achieve it. A guy was in the pool of the river at that moment and he was the one who managed to save me. I almost lost my life in this accident but fortunately I had an angel nearby who rescued me. After 10 days from this accident my little sister came to the world, she is so adorable and then I understood that if I am still alive it’s because I had a purpose to accomplish. I began to live under the premise of life that the only thing for sure that we have is the present, yesterday is over and tomorrow doesn't exist. The present is the only time to live, to be grateful for the things that I have, to be happy and enjoy all the good times and learn from the hard moments, to see why it happened and grow from that, to help people to have a better life, to do good actions in favor of the environment because we can leave this world at any moment and the only thing that is going to be of worth is what we did to improve the world, even if they are grains of sand in an ocean. I dream of being part of the change.

A fact about my family is that we’re all part of the World Scouting movement. This taught us to lead a nature-friendly lifestyle. My father works as a lifeguard helping people, which also taught us to have solidarity and empathy with others.

Last year I learned how to be a bird mom. One afternoon my mother came from work as usual but she arrived with two baby birds, which are 3 days old. My mom observed their mommy and she realized that she never returned to them, so she decided to give them an opportunity of life. I started to search on the internet on how to feed them and I found a way to do it. It is about filling a syringe with bread diluted in water, and that this food must be very liquid so that I could open the beak of the bird and manage to feed it, simulating the way in which the mother bird would do it. Time passed and they grew up strong. They started to rise and fly and after five months, they left home and returned to our mother nature. I feel so grateful to have this unusual moment in my life because I never imagined being a bird mommy. It was amazing having the opportunity to help these animals with their life.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My advocacy is “Leave the place better than we found it”. I grew up with this premise of life and I love the idea of sharing this way of thinking because if we do this in every place that we visit, we can create a big change with small actions. Day by day, moment by moment.

More than sharing tips, I want to help people create a lifestyle improving environmental care, create discounts in establishments for people who use reusable water bottles so they can have more money to buy food, create souvenirs, banish single use plastic in the installations, make the idea of giving Eco-friendly gifts more common like manta bags and reusables, offer options and food without plastic packaging, practice waste separation, save water, take short showers, put banners with responsible use of resources to raise awareness, increase the use of wood that are renewed faster than others, for example; bamboo.

I would like to start by saying Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. My country is considered one of the pioneers of environment protection. Another interesting fact is that the name of Costa Rican was given by Francisco Fernandez de Cordoba. Regarding the beauty that my country has, Costa Rica is just 00.3 percent of the land surface in the world, but it is in the list of the 20 countries that has the most amazing biodiversity in all the world. I’m very proud in saying that Mr. Randall Arauz, a Costa Rican Biologist, has been nominated in France as Guardian Angel of the planet and also won this award by the Green Games organization.

There are a lot of NGOs working on environmental education, organizing beaches and river clean ups, volunteer work for preserving and protective turtles, corals, sharks, and so many more species in the brink of extinction. Also, it’s a country were you can find a lot of nature and happy, heathy people.

My motto is: Leave the place better than we found it.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:27 pm

FINLAND
EMILIA LEPOMÄKI
Measurements: 33 in - 26.7 in - 37.7 in

"Pageants are my biggest passion. I have been dreaming of participating on them since I was a little girl. I have also participated in a few national and local pageants before."

My childhood has been good and kind of “ordinary”. I have always had an opportunity to pursue my dreams, travel and have fun with friends. I have always been social and I have had many good friends. Only negative thing in my life is that I was bullied for a long time. These times were super hard for me, but it made me the person who I am now. I have got the will to show everyone that I really can do anything. Anyone can if you want it hard enough.

I have to say one of the most memorable moments in my life has been when I was chosen to be one of the Miss Finland semifinalists. It was my first pageant and I thought I would not be chosen. I have always dreamed about participating in beauty pageants and it felt like a dream come true. I cried, my mother cried and we were super happy. It was a big thing to me after I had lost weight about 14 kilograms and prepared myself for it.

Another memorable moment was when I got my workplace in a bank. I was working in a fast food restaurant and made an application to a bank. I just tried if I can make it to the new workplace in another city (I wasn’t that serious at all). Then after a few months they called me and asked if I want to start working there (I wasn’t expecting that at all). I was crying again (happy tears) and a kind of new chapter started in my life.

One happy moment was when we got our baby cat Luca. He is my first owned pet. Animals are so close to my heart. I am a huge animal lover. We bought our first apartment at the same time with adopting Luca.

My family is very supportive. My mom and aunt are both helping me with pageants and my dreams. Me and my brothers (twins) have all been playing Finnish baseball for a long time and our parents are/were watching all the games. All of us love sports. Me and my brothers are all very goal-directed and have big dreams.

I think I have ever done nothing unusual for me. I am often doing things on a whim. I have moved to another city with a short notice (I changed my workplace, school and moved to another city alone). I kind of started a new chapter in my life. Almost immediately after that I bought my first owned apartment. I like going out of my comfort zone. I am not scared to do things that are unusual for others, not for me. I would love to perform on TV shows (with good reputation) and live in another country someday.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
I have always wanted to help people to fight against bullying. I have also wanted to listen to children and be there for them. It is not something taken for granted that children have those reliable adults in their life. I also want to encourage everyone to chase their dreams and not to quit. For me it is also important to be a natural role model and press the idea that natural beauty is valuable. Be yourself, you are enough.

In environmental issues I am most worried about the seas and rubbishing. The seas are polluted and filled with plastic. We really should reduce our usage of plastic and unnecessary shopping. We need to take care of the nature. Our beautiful nature keeps us alive.

People should reduce unnecessary shopping and reuse/recycle clothes, goods etc. It is important to use public transport, not own vehicles all the time. Prefer walking or biking. We should reduce plastic usage and favor domestic products. Our home countries offer many kinds of foods, goods and services to use in daily life. In Finland we luckily have that deposit system for plastics also.

Saving energy and using renewable resources has a huge role in fighting against climate change. We really should take care of our environment and try not to use for example electricity as large amounts as we are using now.

We also should educate the youth to be more aware of climate change. We have to create a great platform for youth to fight against climate change so they can have a good future. We are the problem, so we also need to find the solution.

Most especially, Finnish nature and that we are one of the most equal country in the world. Equality is super important to Finns. We have also good recycling possibilities. For example; deposit systems for plastics. We have a good education system. Everyone has a possibility to go to school and educate him-/herself. Finland is the world’s happiest country in 2020 (it has been for three years in a row).

In Finland you can see the beautiful nature and for example northern lights. The snowy winter is one of the most interesting things to tourists. We are a country where Santa Claus comes from. There are big differences between our seasons which offer many different types of activities. You can go canoeing, skiing, snowshoeing, to reindeer safaris, hiking and camping. We have a reputation of being a clean and safe country. We also have good health care system. Everyone is entitled to health care.

I am kind of dreamer and a doer. If I have a dream, I am not afraid to pursue it. I want to be an example who fights for her dreams. Almost anything is possible if you just believe in yourself and work for it. As a person I am relentless, goal-directed, approachable and kind. For me it is always important to respect everything around me. People and nature. I am also super empathic as a person.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm

NETHERLANDS
TESSA LE CONGE
Height: 178 cm
Measurements: 33.5 in - 24 in - 35.5 in

"I not only work very hard in a team to help flatten the curve, I also care a lot about helping companies get greener. At the moment I’m busy with a project of replacing all coffee cups for eco bamboocups at the company I work for. Within a month I’ll be able to give almost 450 employees one cup each. A single step multiplied by many, CAN make a difference."

When I’m thinking of my childhood, a big smile shows up on my face. My parents taught us early to embrace different cultures and the environment. As a little girl, you could always find me outside. Playing hide and seek in the forests with my two sisters, climbing in trees or swimming in a lake nearby my house. We played outside until the sun went down and my mom called us back inside. I grew up happy, already eager to learn, travel and excited to see what’s out there. Being in nature you love most, with the people you love most.

One of my most memorable moment is graduating and receiving my Bachelor degree in Communications. Because of hard work, dedication and the willingness to help other people, I am fortunate to work as a communication advisor with the local government now. This led to working with a crisis team against COVID-19 this year to help flatten the curve, so I am extremely grateful for my journey since graduating and being able to help other people right now and guiding them to this transformation.

Family is such a special thing. Every family has it’s own unique characteristics. As the family from my dad’s side is from Indonesia and my mom is from the Netherlands, I grew up multicultural. I’m very thankful to have been raised with multiple cultures, habits and environments. In 2016, we travelled with my whole family to Indonesia for one month, to experience everything this beautiful place has to offer. Everyday, we’ve enjoyed and learned from it’s various landscapes, nature and animals. I learned so much about their values and simple but amazing ways of growing food. It was a major source of inspiration for our own home and kitchen garden in the Netherlands.

Taking the leap by stepping into the magical world of pageantry in 2016. I won the title for Miss Asia Pacific International. Taking this step has helped me grow into the woman I am today: approachable, kind and having the confidence and willingness to lead people to action. It opened so many doors for me and even though everything was new for me back then, I always embrace new adventures and give my all, to enjoy new experiences to the fullest, and see where it led me: standing on the virtual stage of Miss Earth 2020, together with other strong, intelligent and powerful angels from around the world.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My advocacy is about shifting our culture in a way that benefits climate action and nature with COVID-19’s influence. To build a green economy by sharing ideas that could help us build regenerative cultures once our economy starts up again. Like connecting more, traveling less and home gardening. In times like these with the ongoing pandemic I think it’s more relevant than ever to show we are able to transform from this crises, with new compassion and change of bad ecological habits. From our losses, there will be scars, but from our experience there may be new cultures that define a healthier greener earth. I believe I have the strength to guide people through that transformation, sharing knowledge and love for our mother earth.

Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment is globally needed, as we love to travel. When we travel to new place, we often just flit by, hardly taking in the faces and scenes we pass. Let’s take our time to research eco-friendly services and accommodations, who use natural, local products. And once found, go green at your accommodations. Ask them to not change your sheets and towels every day, turn off air conditioners, heaters and other electronic gadgets when you go out. Buy organic, local products from grocery stores and farmers markets to reduce your carbon footprint.

The various ways and technologies of the Netherlands to fight climate change and make our country ready for the effects which are partly unavoidable is what makes me extremely proud of our country. As well locally. The Dutch government for example plans to ban the sales of petrol and diesel-powered cars in 2025, to promote green energy. Besides that, a part of the asphalt roads must make way for plants and grass, and constructing shadow routes and cooling areas and giving trees more space are measurements which give me the amazing feeling of being Dutch and think of mother earth.

The variety of enormous landscapes in the Netherlands. Every 15 minutes you drive through the country, different landscapes and dialects will pass your way. From the enormous colored fields of tulips, to the many windmills to forests and sand fields. Besides that, the Netherlands ranked first in the world for having the most plentiful, nutritious and healthy food because of the rich agriculture.

Two fun facts about me are that at the age of 11, I was selected for the first to time to compete at the national championship in trampoline gymnastics. I became 5th placer? In the end, the national team I am in became National Champions in Netherlands in 2014/2015.

And one other fun fact is that I’m the biggest Disney fan you can imagine. There is always a life lesson to learn from it. At the moment, Moana is my favorite because of the message that the earth is colorful and needs to be taken care of. It reminds us that the earth is shared by many cultures and people, who must take back the heart to earth so she can bloom and flourish again.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 pm

NEW ZEALAND
CHARLISE HAMMOND
Height: 165 cm
Measurements: 31 in - 25 in - 34 in

"I travelled around the whole of New Zealand before ever leaving the country."

I grew up with 8 siblings so life was always entertaining. I got the pleasure of having much younger sisters on my dad's side and learnt a lot about younger kids and got to play and bond with them as the cool older sister. On my mum's side I was equally as lucky to have siblings all much closer to my age and so I got to enjoy things we all were the age for. We were regularly going camping, hiking, to the beach, to the gardens and mountain biking so I have always been very lucky to be surrounded by nature and my beautiful country.

I thoroughly enjoyed school. My favourite subjects were always writing and reading as I have always been very literacy based. My other favourite subject was also art as I am extremely creative. My parents were always extremely supportive in anything I was interested in or wanted to give a go. I was very lucky through my schooling to be involved in the environment so greatly from such a young age. This is what has made me base my advocacy around environmental activities in schools.

One of my favourite things when I was a kid was during the holidays I got to go and stay with my nan and koro’s (grandparents) house. They have always been my favourite people and taught me a lot whether it was people skills, how to write speeches, ride a bike or even about the 7 wonders of the world.

In New Zealand we have a special type of insect that resides in caves named glow worms. The rear end of glow worms light up. As an early teen I went black water rafting at Waitomo caves where there were thousands of glow worms along the cave walls and ceiling. Waitomo caves is one of New Zealand's biggest tourist attractions but we have to take precautions such as not touching anything outside of your tube and only going in a maximum of 6 people at a time to keep the caves ecosystem alive. This is my most memorable moment as you cant access it anywhere else in the world other than my beautiful country and it is a magical moment to experience.

I have 7 sisters and 1 brother!

In 2017 I was lucky enough to travel around Asia with my family. We visited Komodo Island which is home to the Komodo dragons. This was a surreal once in a lifetime experience for me. Komodo dragons can be up to 2.6 meters long and are found on very few Indonesian islands. This was definitely one of the most unusual things I have done in my life.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
My advocacy is encouraging educating children during school about the environment. From a young age I think it is important we start learning about environmental issues and how to care for our surroundings. Growing up I was fortunate enough to be involved in many environmental projects. This has shaped me into the person I have become and my love for the environment.

During my primary school years at Hukanui school, I was involved in building the “living room” an eco classroom, which was the first of its kind in New Zealand. We made bricks from mud and newspaper and insulated the walls and floors with 1500 wine bottles. The living room is solar powered and made of all natural resources. Attached to the living room we installed our own beehives and the school learnt of the important role bees play in our ecosystem. We also sold the honeycomb to raise money for other environmental projects such as tree planting through our gully. We also took reusable containers to school with our lunch in it due to our school removing bins to reduce littering and plastic waste. This also taught us how to recycle and we were taught about the pollution in our country and the part we can play to reduce it.

Whilst at Puketaha school for my middle school years, I learnt about community and farmlands as it was a small rural school. Our school was frequently involved in arbour days and tree planting projects. On school camps our school prioritised environmental learning alongside having fun. We did many beach cleanups and learnt about the damage rubbish was doing to the ocean. Worm farming uses composting worms such as tiger worms or red worms to eat through a mixture of food scraps, garden waste, waste paper and cardboard to produce worm castings and liquid fertilizer known as worm tea. Both the castings and the worm tea are excellent fertilizers and great for the garden. Our school farmed worms and sold the juice to our community.

During my high school years at Fairfield College I took an active role in the environment through the following; As our 2018 environmental project, the group I lead for ‘stars’ (an integration programme to make the transition from middle school to high school easier for year 9’s) we chose to build weta hotels. These are a safe place for weta to breed and hide from predators such as birds in the wild. This increases the weta population. We built these using bunnings sponsored wood and dispersed them throughout the wild. At Fairfield College we have a community garden which not only contributes to the environment but also feeds the community. We would weed and work in the garden weekly. We would often do this at lunch breaks or after school. Fairfield students also took part in a food bank owned by a parent and donated vegetables from the garden.

I was extremely lucky to have been able to learn a lot about the environment from such a young age and make my contribution to the community. I plan to continue to involve myself through visiting schools and using my platform and voice to promote the environment by running small activities such as lessons around recycling, tree planting sessions, running community projects and teaching children small things they can do at home and in their everyday lives once corona virus has reduced and we can safely be at school and in large numbers. My advocacy is enforcing children to grow up with environmental knowledge and practices.

Ecotourism is something New Zealand as a country needs to explore, as Tourism was New Zealand's most significant industry heavily before Covid-19. Ecotourism is defined as "tourism directed towards exotic, often threatened, natural environments, intended to support conservation efforts and observe wildlife." Simply ecotourism is tourism, which is done sustainably, which has the least effect on the environment. In New Zealand, numerous places and events have to do this. Otherwise, the tourist destination will soon either disappear or become damaged. A huge way that you're able to be a green traveler is to say no to straws. Straws contribute hugely to global waste; it's estimated that in the United States Of America alone, 500 million straws are used. When traveling, it's much better to carry a pack or two reusable straws and use them. Another way is never to purchase wildlife products. Every year, thousands of animals are killed horrifically for 'tourist souvenirs.' Things like chess sets are made out of ivory, depleting elephants of their magnificent tusks, or birds stripped of their feathers for 'fashionable' items. Instead of taking a plane to every destination, why don't you try taking an electric train or sustainably powered boat. Also, when walking around National parks, or when in a cave, don't stray from the track and don't touch anything the signs tell you not to. In New Zealand, we have Waitomo caves, amazing caves filled with glow worms (Worm's that light up in the dark). Due to natural oils in the average person's fingers and body, we can't touch things like stalactites in caves. This is because when they're touched by human skin, they instantly can't grow anymore, and become black rather than white. Waitomo caves have stopped people from handling them by introducing an invisible laser fence, which, when an object goes past it, a loud beeping sound activates. They've also introduced a fine for touching them of ten thousand dollars NZD. Things like this stop tourists from touching things they shouldn't and make them stay on the path, creating more ecotourist environments.

Global Warming, a considerable threat to our livelihoods and the way that the human race lives. There are numerous ways that the average person can do to help reduce the amount of carbon we release into the atmosphere. It is estimated that we as a race only have until 2030 to drastically reduce the amount of carbon dioxide we release into the air before global Warming becomes irreversible. A considerable way to impact the amount of carbon dioxide we release into the atmosphere is to cut down our global meat consumption. In 2018 it was estimated that 346.14 million tons of meat were consumed globally. In 2030 it is estimated that this number will be around 453 million tons, a 44% increase. This is horrifically terrifying, especially since the meat industry gives out 14.5% of the greenhouse gas emission globally. A way we can dramatically decrease this is by switching to a more plant-based diet globally. The same amount of water that it takes to make 24 hamburger patties could also make 75 loaves of wholegrain bread and thirty jars of peanut butter. If we were to all globally switch to a plant-based diet, we could also feed 3.5 billion more people.

Another way we can drastically put a dent in the greenhouse gas emission is by using public transport more efficiently. Instead of taking your car to work every day, why don’t you bike? Instead of taking a plane on your next vacation, take a boat that runs sustainably, make your trip more enjoyable. A flight from London to New York City puts 0.67 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere per passenger. Whereas a sailboat would use 0.00 tons of carbon dioxide for that trip. If we all do small alterations to our lives and diets, we can put a significant dent in our global emissions.

New Zealand is a beautiful country, and I am proud to be a citizen here. One of these reasons most indefinitely would have to be our handling of Covid-19. Many states haven't been able to contain this virus, resulting in thousands of deaths. With global case numbers exceeding 25 million the other day, it's quite horrific to think about. Eight hundred forty-six thousand people have died from this virus, and it is a horrible loss. Though in New Zealand, we as a country have eliminated the virus in pandemic dictionary terminology. New Zealand overall had 22 deaths from Covid-19. That's roughly four deaths per million people. As a result of this, our economy is more robust than in other countries, and job loss is minimal.

Another thing to be proud of is our zero carbon emissions bill; this bill ensures that New Zealand is at a net-zero (except biogenic methane) by 2050. Protecting our native animals, plants, and trees is another thing that makes me proud to be a kiwi. In New Zealand, it is illegal to cut down native trees unless permitted by the council to do so. We've also made sanctuaries for our fish, like herald island. This vast tropical environment is protected and looked after heavily. 29% percent of New Zealand's total land area is forest. The Whanganui river even has the same rights as a person, protecting it from being destroyed or destroyed by destructive tourism. The amount of sustainable tourism we have is also something to be proud of, Waitomo caves, as mentioned before, have taken many precautions to make sure that destructive tourism doesn't ruin the caves. Cascade fall, a trial walk of a beautiful forest, was completely closed off to the public because of destructive tourism and the destruction of the native Kauri trees. Overall there are many reasons to be proud of being a New Zealand citizen; our environment and how we take care of it is something I'm overly proud of.

New Zealand is a beautiful country; there are many things to promote it. Our developing eco-tourism is something that needs to be announced. However, all of our tourist destinations aren't entirely environmentally friendly. New Zealand is trying our best and slowly creating more ways to ensure that our tourist destinations are kept alive and green. As previously explained, Waitomo caves have taken significant steps to ensure that the caves are looked after and around for generations. Poor Knights Islands marine reserve is another marine reserve in New Zealand. The Islands themselves are off-limits because of the Tapu, although diving is allowed around the island. Rotorua is also an eco-tourism destination, a geothermal wonderland that is well looked after, and precautions are made for public health and safety and to keep out destructive tourism. Kaikoura is also another place in New Zealand known for its environmental protection.

Whale watching is the leading tourist destination; these immensely beautiful creatures may be watched daily; they're heavily protected, with precautions being made to make sure that the whales are looked after. Because that's what New Zealand is known for internationally. Our green mental state and the fact that we care and want to look after our environment can promote. We look after our native plants and wildlife immensely. New Zealand has numerous wildlife sanctuaries, looking after native animals, making sure they'll be around for countless generations. If our native animals were to go extinct, it would have an immensely horrible effect on the New Zealand wildlife's environment and food chain. Our farming sector is also something to be proud of; in New Zealand, cows, pigs, and sheep are all grass-fed, chickens are the only animal kept in cages. This makes our meat quality better and more humane for the animals. Who will hopefully have a decent life and eat what they're meant too. This also means that New Zealand has immensely useful meat exports globally.

I like to make my own pasta from scratch regularly
I am a qualified florist
I went to makeup school and achieved a make-up certificate
I read a novel a day
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:42 pm

NIGERIA
GWENIVERE CHIOMA IFEANYIEZE
Measurements: 35 in - 27 in - 38 in

"I love pets especially cats. Yes! It sounds weird in this part of the world but growing fond of this animal has taught me precision, beauty, overall body aura and carriage."

Growing up in a family that practices subsistence agriculture, I engaged in peasant farming, and watering little flower pots as part of my daily chores before going to school. Also, music was paramount because my siblings and I, including my parents are naturally blessed with beautiful voices.

My memorable moment is winning the Miss Earth Nigeria 2020 pageant, which was held virtual for the first time in the history of Nigerian pageants, being worthy to represent the brand globally.

The Ifeanyieze’s are known for using organic/naturally produced food seasonings in preparing daily meals. Most of our relatives find it absurd but growing our own food has taught us to eat and live healthy. These food seasonings are made from ginger, garlic, turmeric and honey.

When I was in my second year in high school, I had spent a summer with a friend’s family that practice animal husbandry and i got to help and witness the delivery of a calf. It was such an unusual experience that I would never forget.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVOCACY?
Supporting Life on Earth with the use of Putrescible Waste in Agricultural Development.

Plan your trip and choose an adventure that is carbon off-setting in nature. Pack light and don’t leave any trash behind. Try bringing home happy memories of the trip to be one with nature and the people.

I cannot be less proud of my country because we have from time memorial dealt on agricultural productions both for the economy and healthy lifestyle for the people, and most interestingly, our farmers are willing to become environmentally friendly also in our culture, our food and language diversity cannot be overlooked because it is our heritage and nobility make us unique.

Nigeria has a diverse cultural heritage and as a result of this diversity we have tourists sites in different places in which we build up to conserve nature and promote bio diversity. I will be glad to showcase all these, especially the Ogbonike cave, Ezeagu waterfalls, Obudu cattle ranch and Ikkogosi warm springs etc.

My favorite ice cream is vanilla; I can't stand the sound of mosquitos and as a child I once used wall dust as face powder.
manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth