UNOLOGY:Top Picks for Bb. Pilipinas 2019 Traditional Costume

UNOLOGY:Top Picks for Bb. Pilipinas 2019 Traditional Costume

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Two years ago, I have said that though we are using the term National Costume, in my opinion there's only one Philippine National Costume, and it has to be the Baro't Saya for women (for men, it is the Barong Tagalog.) I guess the proper term for this kind of competition is perhaps The Philippine Traditional Costume as it varies from different concepts, materials used, and of course, their regional traditions. Well, we all know that the Philippines is a very diverse country, and it has different influences be it from the tribes in Mindanao or the tribes in the mountains of the Cordillera Region, the Muslims in the South, and of course the strong Spanish colonial influences as they colonized the country for 333 years.

This edition, I am proud to see the creations of these talented and world class Filipino designers. And I must say that it is truly a celebration of beauty, and a fiesta of real Filipino ingenuity. Hats off. Catriona has set the bar high. From her Bb. Pilipinas Costume, to her Miss Universe costume, we were all left gasping and in awe.

From these 40 entries, I have chosen the 15 whom I considered the creme de la creme.

And this is UNOLOGY's CHOICE for the Philippine Traditional Costume of the Binibining Pilipinas 2019.

15th Place
#Binibini14 Leren Mae Bautista, Laguna in Chico Estiva & Renee Salud

Well, as a true blue Batangueno, we share almost the same culture and traditions with our neighboring provinces like Laguna, Quezon and Cavite. And when we were young, since May is summer vacation, we would watch Santacruzan and see these beautiful Reynas.

Lehren wrote:
"A fusion of Muslim culture and Christian tradition. This is a Reyna Elena inspired gown in a traditional weaves of Maguindanao, Inaul.
This national costume is a collaboration of the two important persons in my life; Kuya Chico Estiva and Mama Renee Magtibay Salud. It shows how two different people can work together and create a beautiful piece. It is a celebration of culture, unity and camaraderie."

And indeed, this costume of Lehren really one of the stand outs in my eyes as it reminded me of those Queens in the Sagala/ Flores de Mayo such as Reyna Emperatriz, Reyna de las Flores, Reyna Elena, and Sta. Elena.

In addition, I love the fact that Lehren is really in her majestic form and command.

14th Place
#Binibini17 Maria Patricia Magtanong, Bataan in Pablo Mendez

When I saw Kurara Chibana in 2006 at Miss Universe sporting that iconic Samurai costume, I was then wishing to see our Philippine version of a warrior princess. I was wowed in 2013 with Angelie de los Reyes'es costume at Miss Earth. And this year, I am still such a fan of this warrior Filipino look that reminded me of Amaya. The designer called this gown as URDUJA, The Warrior Princess. Patch indeed is exuding power and fierceness. Bravo!

13th Place
#Binibini30 Resham Ramirez Saeed, Maguindanao in Ryan June Mariano Castillo

I think this year, most of my selections are based on the authenticity of the costumes and the impact the look is giving me. And, it is a breath of fresh air to see a costume that is staying true to its true form. The designer said that just last year Mindanao had their first pride march and the vision was to incorporate equality, diversity and acceptance with the materials and colors that was used. The dress silhoutte was inspired by Maguindanaon princess and they also use Inaul which is the main fabric of Maguindanao. Gold symbolizes royalty and the way they incorporate the rainbow colors to represent LGBTQ community in the sari manor is genius. Bravo.

12th Place
#Binibini24 Jean Nicole Guerero, Ilocos Sur in Michael Barassi

Well commanding strength and power, this costume reminds me indeed of the Katipuneros during the Himagsikan. But that was first interpretation. The designer of this costume added that the national costume pays tribute to the hardworking filipino farmers. He said, "The folksong "Magtanim ay 'di Biro" is a clear evident of how hardworking and dedicated our humble farmer is, and what could be a better representation of those characteristics than that of our very own national animal- the CARABAO. The costume also boast of its Cordilleran details as a celebration for the most hardworking farmers in the world who built the grandeur of Banaue Rice Terraces, perhaps the most famous rice farm across the globe. Also, the skirt was made of "Buri" (weaved anahaw leaves-also the country's national leaf), a material used to create "Bayong" used to carry farm produce by the Filipinos. The whole ensemble is a fusion of both old and new, a representation of a true filipina- guided by the values and principles of the past, empowered to battle the challenges of the present, and ambitious enough to look forward for a better future.

11th Place
#Binibini10 Sherry Ann Tormes, Polangui Albay in Frederick Berches

Inspired the Waling Waling Orchid, this terno indeed has a wow factor. Waling waling is considered to be the "Queen of Philippine flowers" and is worshiped as a diwata by the indigenous Bagobo people. Looking like a true queen, I love the elegance Shane is exuding and the dress itself is expensive looking in its totality. Less is indeed more, and this look is just enough to shine.

10th Place
#Binibini25 Samantha Ashley Lo, Cebu in Edwin Uy

In it's simplicity, we actually see the intricacy of the many little details of this Muslim princess costume that is truly authentic to its essence and approach. Edwin Uy is truly a champ as he perfected the art impeccably. How many times this designer pulled off a win at Binibining Pilipinas? I can see a major contender again this year.

9th Place
#Binibini38 Vickie Marie Rushton, Negros Occidental in Jomar Peralta

As a symbolism of feminine power, the designer of this costume draws his inspiration to the Philippine mythical being called the Diwatas. Is she the Maria Makiling, or a representation of the beautiful creatures from the Philippine folklores such as the engkantadas. Vim indeed is selling this costume with that beautiful face.

The designer wrote: In Philippine Mythology, Diwatas are the guardian spirit of nature. They have a close affinity for forests, mountains, and seas. They also hold a protective force against anyone who wishes to endanger the lands that surround them. They're known to be compassionate, gentle and beautiful. During the pre-colonial times, Filipinos would call upon these fairies to provide them with better fortune such as an excellent crop growth, and better health. “Diwata" is a symbolism of feminine power with a beautiful heart that gives back to the community.

8th Place
#Binibini35 Kimberle Mae Penchon, La Union in Erjohn dela Serna

Well, I think this costume is a more believable of the Northern Luzon tribal costume. La Union is an amalgamation of many cultures up north and this is indeed a representation of the union of the Ilocanos and Igorots. The beautiful woven textiles in its simplicity makes this costume a stand out in my eyes.

7th Place
#Binibini16 Louisielle Denise Omorog, Catanduanes in Francis Hermogeno

Sometimes, there is indeed beauty in restraint, and that is what shown here. This Peñafrancia inspired costume indeed has this classy vibe. Unlike the other Virgin Mary inspired costume in 2017 wherein they were not really showing the figure of the muse, this costume is fortunately tastefully done and not really the "in your face" copycat of the inspiration. It is just right. Queenly, clean-looking, and Denise here is nothing but Divine. This gown is MET Gala worthy and perfect from last year’s Met Gala theme which is Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination. Kudos.

6th Place
#Binibini11 Maria Andrea Abesamis, Pasig in Amir Sali

After giving a beautiful Muslim costume last year, Aya is giving us another exquisite costume but now they are drawing inspiration from the Yakans (dreamweavers) who are known for their intricate designs. Such a wonderful take from this tribal region.

5th Place
#Binibini37 Samantha Mae Poblete, Cavite in Emar Vida

On point right? At first glance, I was already smiling. I am already seeing the proclamation of the Philippine Independence through the eyes of an empowered woman in Samantha. Well, it is giving me the vibe from one of the famous paintings in the Louvre, Liberty Leading the People - (a woman of the people with a phrygian cap personifying the concept of Liberty leads the people forward over a barricade and the bodies of the fallen, holding the flag of the French Revolution – the tricolour, which again became France's national flag after these events – in one hand and brandishing a bayonetted musket with the other. The figure of Liberty is also viewed as a symbol of France and the French Republic known as Marianne.)

But in this case, she is giving Emilio Aguinaldo a run for the money.

4th Place
#Binibini12 Gazini Christiana Ganados, Talisay Cebu in Richardson Apayla

Talking about details and worldclass masterpieces, I guess designers from Cebu has truly mastered their crafts with high standard finish. Gazini is wearing a costume that is truly couture from head to her long elaborate train. At first glance, I am already convinced that this is really a Cebuana inspired costume.

I spoke to the designer and he said:
Philippine history has always amazed me.It is because it creates the world of what we are today ,when how our country was discovered. And with that idea, Queen Juana was the very first person to come in my mind., that serves as my inspiration of making the costume. Queen Juana was simple yet elegant, beautiful and a humble empress. As I conceptualize the idea of the costume , I then look back to the place where the Queen belong, the province of Cebu. I realize ,it is best to showcase the local products of the province as Ive seen many masterpiece in a place so called The Carbon Market. This grandeur of a masterpiece represents the camaraderie of all cebuanos since the ensemble is a combination of the products found in the province. And since Cebuanos are known of their religious tradition I inculcated the the idea of putting on the image of the Sr. Sto. Niño as a thanksgiving of all the blessings and guidance we acquire from the Child Jesus. And this creation as a whole is a representation of the Sinulog festival where we celebrate festivity, beauty and diversity. The costume is the combination of the products in cebu province. The multicolored embellishment which is made up of wood is a product of the province that has grown and vastly distributed all over the country. The pandan weaving of some part of the province has took its part to be a decorative detail of the costume. And the crown that makes the lady looks like a queen , with the flower on it that represents her feminity despite of being a brave empress. And lastly the image of the Sr. Sto. Niño, a replica of the original image which is beautified by the cape and the ornamentation makes the image holy and sacred.

3rd Place
#Binibini27 Samantha Mae Bernardo, Palawan in Patrick Isoerna

An homage to the nomadic tribes of Palawan, this costume is indeed giving me that glamazonian feels. It features different feathers, 10,000 wooden beads, and materials that are truly native in Palawan. Gorgeous indeed.

The designer wrote: The costume is inspired by the mythical bird - ADARNA and the PALAW’AN Tribe culture. Ibong Adarna is a 16th Century Filipino Epic Poem about an eponymous magical bird. The Palaw’an, also known as Palaweno, is an indigenous ethnic group found in the province of Palawan.The earrings were designed by ôr'nāt. inspired by GONGS, an instrument use to clear the way for high ranking officials. It is also known for very intense and spiritual drummings during rituals and tribal meetings. The costume is mostly Gold which signifies strength and power.

Perfect for a modern Filipina that shows courage, passion and wisdom.

2nd Place
#Binibini26 Emma Mary Tiglao, Pampanga in Rich Sabinian

Classic, clean looking, very regal, and expensive. These are the words that came to mind. Emma is indeed wearing a gorgeous traditional terno in white and gold that is truly world class and ethereal. Another fascinating fact about this terno is the fact that it was hand woven by Persons-Deprived-of-Liberty (PDL) basket weavers in Angeles Pampanga.

From Emma's post, she said:
It's creator, the brilliant Kapampangan designer Rich Sabinian, named the masterpiece "FE ESPERANZA CARIDAD" (Faith Hope and Charity).
Intricate and classic, this modern Filipiniana gown represents the rich culture and heritage of Pampanga. It features a traditional furniture weaving pattern called silohiya and is accented with metal work carvings hailing from Apalit locally termed as "pinukpok". All these elements come together in balance, radiating the immaculate beauty of the Virgin who is the patron of the province of Pampanga and is a symbol of light and hope.

My Top Pick

#Binibini19 Ilene Astrid De Vera, Mandaue City in Malayka Yamas

And this year's winning costume is entitled : "SISTA" a bisaya term for guitar.

Talking about an elaborate tribal costume that is very true to it's pre-Spanish culture and tradition, Ilene indeed is wearing a masterpiece that is worthy for the Miss Universe stage. It even have that Catriona Miss Universe Lantern costume vibe. What I love about this laborious costume is the fact that it celebrates Cebu's famous guitars, and the Cebuanos innate appreciation for music. A fan even reacted and wrote that the costume tells a story, which I agree. It is very Sugboanon and it is really well represented here especially from the body suit. I spoke to the designer of this costume and she said:

"This costume proves Cebuano's huge passion about music and arts. To our people and rich culture, music has been and will always be an important part of our way of life. Guitars as pride of the Cebuanos made us known to the world plus our well celebrated singers and performers to brag on inspired this intricate costume to voice out how we integrate MUSIC to our endeavors as a progressive and successful City of Cebu."

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Joana Saad (Dumaguete), Larah Grace Lacap (Quezon City), April Short (Zamboanga) in their gorgeous ternos.
Joanna Tolledo (Caloocan City), Alanis Binoya (Batangas) in their Muslim-tribal ensembles.

MISSED OPPORTUNITY

I truly admire the work of Benj Leguiab as he has given has so many gorgeous gowns (remember the iconic blue gown Alyssa Muhlach wore) and costumes. Last year, Samantha Bernardo's terno is one of the best costumes. But this year, I felt he missed the mark. In his post, he explained that the costume was drawn from the culture of the Cordillera and its oldest mababatok, Apo Whang Od.

To be exact, he wrote:
"Hannah Arnold's national costume was inspired by the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) official tourism slogan #FindYourselfIntheCordilleras
It is in the highlands of Cordillera that inspired me to inculcate their rich culture by just using weaved fabric -- mostly used to cover their bodies. The highlights of which was the traditional banga as a powerful tool in their daily lives. Bangga is used to fetch water and commonly used as water storage in Luzon. It also became a national symbol in the entire archipelago. When we hiked into the village of Buscalan a small yet so fascinating place in Tinglayan, Kalinga I knew that the fabrics of this place should be included in the said costume. I drew inspiration from Apo Whang Od, the oldest mambabatok of her tribe. She is considered as Cordillera's and even the country's pride because of her worth emulating tattoo designs that embody her work of art. Her designs include prayers symbol, skin snake and mountains. Lastly, the chicken feathers as a costume accessory, chicken in the highlands is a symbol for them as a rich delicacy of the Cordilleras. This national costume hopes to inspire everyone to appreciate our heritage. Remember that even the smallest of places can make a mesmerizing impact to every Filipino.
"

While Hannah indeed really looks very regal and beautiful (look at her face alone), but this ensemble is truly giving me the Indonesian Kebaya vibe. Well, the only Cordillera that is evident here are the pots. Maybe there were really some fabrics used from Cordillera but the approach, treatment and interpretation went a bit far from the authentic silhouette of Cordillera. The ring on the head, yes, that is very Cordillera. Again, the designer might have used the fabrics, but the silhouette is definitely a "Kebaya".

It really reminded me to what Edymar and Paulina wore at the Miss Indonesia finals and a bit of what Megan wore in 2013. Though yes, Indonesians and Malaysians do have some similarities in their fabrics, cultures and costumes, but I will stick with the brief - and the category is Philippine Traditional Costume and not kebaya.

Will she be dragging her train with those pots at the back similar as this National Costume of Miss Indonesia from Miss Gwand International?

In the end, opposing to the inspiration #FindYourselfInTheCordilleras , I ended up NOT finding it at all.

Well, just like from the previous editions of Binibining Pilipinas, the winner of the Best in National Costume will come from the candidates with the most likes. They will have a presentation soon, so designers can still add, edit, or change some details to improve the totality of the whole presentation. My suggestion would be, at least do a proper judging, and not solely on the Facebook likes. It is sad to see other fans using autolikes, and you’ll end up seeing Punjabis, Arabs, and other people liking it, which in the first place, it is a way of rigging the whole competition.

I hope Binibining Pilipinas will be wiser this year and award the deserving queen and designer.
MAY THE BEST DESIGN and PRESENTATION WIN.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY:Top Picks for Bb. Pilipinas 2019 Traditional Cos

Postby Beta » Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm

love it, exactly the info i was looking for!
This is the first time ever that I find ALL of them beautiful - can't wait to see them in motion!

Thanks for sharing, Uno!
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Beta wrote:love it, exactly the info i was looking for!
This is the first time ever that I find ALL of them beautiful - can't wait to see them in motion!

Thanks for sharing, Uno!

Thank you Beta. I really tried having a conversation to some of the designers to know the inspirations and their process. Truly most of these costumes are ready to be seen in the international stage be it at Miss Universe, Miss International and other international pageants. Proud of these talented designers. :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby goddessoxana27 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Kudos!!!

Another breathtaking... A milestone...

BPCI really stepping up this year, even, they encountered... You know...

Everybody knows...

Anyway, may I include the peacock costume from Puerto Prinsesa City?

Her traditional costume... Uplift her beauty... An upgrade Sophida of Thailand.

She looks exotic, a beautiful native look Filipina and an enchanting Venus Raj aura.

For me, she's the Sushmita Sen of Bb. Pilipinas 2019.

Merci!
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby lingintexas » Wed May 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Stunning costumes can`t stop staring at them, it's nice to see some variety in Pinay costumes at Miss Universe
lingintexas
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby Pageant Fanatic Jeff » Thu May 09, 2019 2:19 am

I agree with your Top 2 choices. I love Emma and Ilene's national costumes. They are worthy to be worn in the international stage.
DREAM TEAM PH 2020

Universe|ALAIZA
Earth|ROXANNE
International|VICKIE
Supranational|SAMANTHA
Grand International|MAUREEN
Intercontinental|CINDERELLA
Globe|HAZEL
Pageant Fanatic Jeff

Date of Birth: 13 Sep 1990
Profession: Employee
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the Internet, journalism, the arts
Message: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Max Planck

Postby arkenken » Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 am

The photo does not really give justice to Ilene’s costume. The background is too busy It’s really hard to see all those gorgeous details.
Everything is so finite. But don't you think that that's what makes our time, at specific moments, so important?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
arkenken
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1990
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: watching movies.

Postby taleyblue » Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 am

Emma tigalao&Samantha Bernado will get a crown!
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby abid » Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Breathtakingly beautiful costumes. We actually have the same top 5 but Mandaue and Talisay Cebu as my top 2.
abid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: bartender
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: playing billiards, swimming

Postby Yna Magenta » Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 pm

i'm missing Bazzara.. 8->

charice jake zyrus :%))
Yna Magenta

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1991
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Reyna
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Umaura

Postby melania » Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 pm

BACKGROUND USED WAS SO MESSY AND DISTRACTING ! CANT HARDLY SEE THE COSTUMES
melania
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: melanie
Date of Birth: 28 May 1984
Profession: stylist
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: blogging,travelling,counting money

Postby Flordeliza Luningning » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 pm

GREAT CHOICES UNO :=p

SEE THIS VIDEO
[youtube]MaHvxhQrRKM[/youtube]

SEE THIS VIDEO
[youtube]CiHPAtX16KI[/youtube]
Flordeliza Luningning
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Movie Starlet
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants
Message: From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

Postby Stoichio » Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 pm

I love the warrior costumes of BATAAN & ILOCOS SUR.
I think Ilocos Sur’s costume would have been better if the gold train (bottom part is removed).

In terms of intricacy and design, I love PALAWAN. Those materials were pieced together in a painstaking labour.

MANDAUE, CEBU’s costume is so GRAND and FESTIVE! :=p

Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Fri May 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Stoichio wrote:
I love the warrior costumes of BATAAN & ILOCOS SUR.
I think Ilocos Sur’s costume would have been better if the gold train (bottom part is removed).

In terms of intricacy and design, I love PALAWAN. Those materials were pieced together in a painstaking labour.

MANDAUE, CEBU’s costume is so GRAND and FESTIVE! :=p

It’s actually beautiful. The edit wasnt really showing everything

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Fri May 10, 2019 10:05 pm

tadhana wrote:My Best National Costume! Pang-Miss Universe levels! And even made better by Nicole Guerrero's awrahan in the pic.

If I may, better than Catriona's Luzviminda :hx :hx :hx :hx Without explanation, it's already a winner. The concept behind it just elevates it further.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Ligaya Magdalena » Sat May 11, 2019 5:36 am

[youtube]4-QrVoyqA0Q[/youtube]
Madeleine, bago mo sabihing naiinis ka sakin,
tanong mo muna kung natutuwa ako sayo. Okay?
Ligaya Magdalena
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1992
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Stage Actress
Hobbies/Interests: Glitters and Gold
Message: Masama akong tao, tulad mo, sa parehong paraan na mabuti kang tao, tulad ko.

Postby bootsguy » Sun May 12, 2019 4:35 am

I just want to know why in Miss Universe they call it National Costume when it is not their official National Costume?
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby happywheelspace » Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 am

So beautiful national and traditional costume. Each and every looks are so elegant and touch of the country tradition and beauty happy wheels for all.
happywheelspace
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Profession: Mananger
Hobbies/Interests: Dance

Postby FutaKaNina » Sat May 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Appreciate all the work that went into this post. Good job! :=p
FutaKaNina

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Postby markarnold2010 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

The costumes are exceptionally detailed, no doubt. The modern touch of a traditionally-inspired outfit can be clearly gleaned from each piece. Just a suggestion, the photographer should have used plain background or just a few framed paintings that are aligned with the costumes inspirations. In the pictures, the dried plants and grasses did not do justice to the costumes. It distracted my attention away from the costume's details and in some pictures, the dried plants and grasses looked like unsightly extensions of the costumes. Too sad. :=p
markarnold2010

Real Life Name/Nick: ray
Date of Birth: 24 Jun 1985
Profession: artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: singing

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Like what I said before, people will compare Hannah’s costume to Miss Indonesia. Now it’s happening.

Exactly what I wrote May 8, 2019

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Akosi Junior » Thu May 30, 2019 2:23 pm

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:Like what I said before, people will compare Hannah’s costume to Miss Indonesia. Now it’s happening.

Exactly what I wrote May 8, 2019

I love that caption of Qrown Philippines. 8->
Akosi Junior

Real Life Name/Nick: jenna
Date of Birth: 09 Aug 1969
Profession: callgirl
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Skank Land » Fri May 31, 2019 5:06 pm

bootsguy wrote:I just want to know why in Miss Universe they call it National Costume when it is not their official National Costume?

The term as used in Miss Universe is more historical and focused on the essence of the idea rather than being technical(ly accurate).
Skank Land

Real Life Name/Nick: JJ
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby Skank Land » Fri May 31, 2019 5:08 pm

This was a well-researched and -written piece. :=p
Skank Land

Real Life Name/Nick: JJ
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby heenacruzl » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:20 am

Each outfit has its own beauty, really impressive
heenacruzl
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: heenacruzl
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1924
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: doctor
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: i like sing

Postby jodha65 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:51 am

really all of the beauty in one place its amazing to see :"> :"> .
jodha65
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Return to Miss Universe