Name Calling ... The Best Way To Score Points in Socmed?

Name Calling ... The Best Way To Score Points in Socmed?

Postby Prozac » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:57 am

Somebody made a comment in socmed and this is what he had to say:

Give 600 dollars to the poor person, and it's gone in a week. Give 600 dollars to the rich person and it is multiplied
10 times in a few years or less.

In a heartbeat, somebody replied: Here lemme fix that for you.
Give 600 dollars to someone with no money and they have no choice but to use it to survive. Give 600 dollars to
someone whose needs are fully met and they can sit on it all they want. FFS are we really this DENSE?

I looked for the meaning of dense and it said When woods are dense, the trees grow close together. When fog is
dense, you can't see through it. And if someone calls you dense, they think nothing can get into your thick skull.

Our group discussed the situation immensely. One friend commented there was nothing wrong with what the first
person said. It is just a reality that when somebody needs money badly whether he is poor or rich the money will
be gone in a day ( not weeks). He did not say anything below the belt against the poor person.

The second friend commented the second person did not also say anything bad except for the last word where he
sounds too judgmental that the first guy was dense. Or did he know the first guy all along?

The third friend commented what the first guy and second guy had said means the same thing. ALMOST. Except
maybe for the last word DENSE ... or that he was correcting him.

Well, I have observed this in Misso and even here, we have a culture where we can't stand each other especially
when one gives his/her replies one can't wait to grab each other's throat. Why are we so quick in calling somebody
names, as if pinning the person down is the best you can do for today? I don't understand that.

I was told lately something is wrong with me when I open a "serious" thread about sleep paralysis, I thought I open the
thread with all the good intentions: That when it's your turn to experience it, you were warned ... you know what
to expect ... and you know what to do ... plus the accompanying knowledge you get from the discussion. I was called
weird after I start rattling symptoms like visual and auditory hallucination ... or panic, or acknowledging the presence
of monsters, and demons. And worse somebody commented ... I just need a good F...! What a colorful language. Was
that appropriate?

And to make matters worse ... I was given minus points for replying. Do we really have to become vindictive and
unleash the beast in us if we get offended by the replies? I am not trying to be sanctimonious or holier than thou,
here and it is just sad that socmed becomes a platform for bullying. I am no hypocrite either for preaching but isn't
this place cultivates healthy discussion and is not meant to be arena to score points and be called unprintables,

Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: Name Calling ... The Best Way To Score Points in Socmed?

Postby esperasave » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:18 am

Money should be spent to something that could be used towards a beneficial needs like food to eat, to pay for bills or for leisure such as cruise vacation after a long work that you needed a break. On the other hand, Spoken Words should be used to Encourage the person who is Depressed or suicidal to cope up and balance life challenges. In addition, Words need to be Spoken to disseminate important information to all concerned but not to be used for lying or making an alibi. These are just an example to live by on how to use and manage appropriately all your resources so it could come back to you TIME AND TIME AGAIN when you needed it the most.
Last edited by esperasave on Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Re: Name Calling ... The Best Way To Score Points in Socmed?

Postby Prozac » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:54 pm

This thread actually touches on two subjects: 1) how we spend our money and it segues to 2) bullying in socmed
by way of our replies and comments.

How do I spend the 600 dollars given to me? I will spend it wisely. And how do I do that?

1. Ask yourself ... what do I really want? To spend it wisely, I should be able to know what are the immediate
things that are important to me? If you don't clearly know your priorities, it would be hard for you to decide
with whatever money you have at hand.

2. Avoid comparing your priorities with other people's priorities. Don't make their priorities the most accepted
norm where you have to pattern how you spend your money. Example you should not buy an expensive shoe just
because your friends are buying it. If you don't need it ... perish the thought.

3. Learn how to budget. You can start by allocating a portion of the money for every need. If you feel there is
a need to set aside and earmark money for a financial safety net for unforeseen mishaps or unexpected expenses
then you can include it in your budget.
Prozac

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Return to Work, Career, Jobs & Professions