OT: THINK SMART

OT: THINK SMART

Postby Dirty Vasooka » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Guys need help po..Anybody here who can help me the assignments of my nephew in elementary..I believe there's a lot of math kids in the forum..anybody knows the answer of the following problems? any formula po. or how you arrived in the answer? sorry po out of topic .sana may makatulong.

1. The minute hand of a clock is 10 cm long.How far does its tip travel in one hour?

2. A goat is tied to a post with a 5-m rope. If the post is an open space, how far can the goat walk around the post?

3. If the distance from the ferris wheel center to one of the seats is approximately 20 meters, what is the distance travelled by a seated person for each revolution?

4. The perimeter of a square paper is 48 cm. what is the circumference of the largest circle that can be cut out of the paper?

5.A circle is drawn around a square. If the circumference of the circle is 36r.,what is the length of the diagonal of the square in terms of r??

its awesome if you can help.. thank you po.

Dirty Vasooka
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Dec 2008
Profession: business
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, internet,

Re: OT: THINK SMART

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Kalokahhhh, akala ko eh think smart para sa strategy ng mga kandidata para magka korona... =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%))
CLICK AND SEE THIS VIDEO
Virginia Dalisay

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Gemstone Collection

Postby Dirty Vasooka » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Baka merun smart sa Math po....
Dirty Vasooka

Postby onlooker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Dirty Vasooka wrote:Guys need help po..Anybody here who can help me the assignments of my nephew in elementary..I believe there's a lot of math kids in the forum..anybody knows the answer of the following problems? any formula po. or how you arrived in the answer? sorry po out of topic .sana may makatulong.

1. The minute hand of a clock is 10 cm long.How far does its tip travel in one hour?

2. A goat is tied to a post with a 5-m rope. If the post is an open space, how far can the goat walk around the post?

3. If the distance from the ferris wheel center to one of the seats is approximately 20 meters, what is the distance travelled by a seated person for each revolution?

4. The perimeter of a square paper is 48 cm. what is the circumference of the largest circle that can be cut out of the paper?

5.A circle is drawn around a square. If the circumference of the circle is 36r.,what is the length of the diagonal of the square in terms of r??

Let me try to answer # 1

As the hand of a clock ticks, it creates a circular motion around the center point. Talking about the tip of the hand, it will form a circle's circumference. Here's how to get it:

STEP 1: c = pi * diameter

STEP2: A minute hand of a clock is 10cm long <<-- That's the radius of the circle (half of its diameter). To get the diameter, multiply it by 2. Therefore, the diameter is 20cm

STEP 3: c = 3.1416 * 20cm

ANSWER: c = 62.83cm
onlooker
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: Software Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, reading, watching game shows and docu.

Postby onlooker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:16 pm

onlooker wrote:
Dirty Vasooka wrote:Guys need help po..Anybody here who can help me the assignments of my nephew in elementary..I believe there's a lot of math kids in the forum..anybody knows the answer of the following problems? any formula po. or how you arrived in the answer? sorry po out of topic .sana may makatulong.

Let me try to answer # 1

As the hand of a clock ticks, it creates a circular motion around the center point. Talking about the tip of the hand, it will form a circle's circumference. Here's how to get it:

STEP2: A minute hand of a clock is 10cm long <<-- That's the radius of the circle (half of its diameter). To get the diameter, multiply it by 2. Therefore, the diameter is 20cm

I think the same formula above would work for questions 1 to 3.
onlooker

Postby onlooker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm

onlooker wrote:

Let me try to answer # 1

For # 5, the requirement is to get the length of the diagonal line in the square inside of a circle. Here's the solution (assuming that the corners of the square touch the circle):

Diameter = Circumference / pi

d = 36r / 3.1416

d = 11.46r
onlooker

Postby mrgary » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Really, dude?! You made a thread about your nephew's Math assignment and turned this forum into a tutorial session for your kid? You are clearly not asking for help but a free ride at the expense of the forumers here. That's the kind of attitude that really bothers me because it actually stems from the mindset of entitlement in the guise of helplessness. Why wouldn't you ask a Math tutor to assist your kid? Why here???!!! And how come your nephew doesn't know the answers when assignments are supposed to be an extension of the topics discussed in school??? If he didn't know the formulae, then he could have asked his teacher about them during lunch break or just right after the final class period had concluded. This is a pageant forum, for Pete's sake!
mrgary

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby Dirty Vasooka » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 pm

There is nothing wrong in asking for help..thank you for helpful people around here..it'seems a small thing but counts for me..love you guys...sorry po if I'm out of place..but there'should no other way to ask but this group.

Thank you genius onlooker.
Dirty Vasooka

Postby baguhan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 pm

#4. Given: Perimeter of Square = 48
To get the Side lets call it S
S = P /4 = 12

The Side of the square is equal to the diameter of the square. (Since the circle is inside the square)
D = S = 12

Formula of Circumference:
C = pi x D (Substitute S)
C = 12*pi == 12 X 3.1416 (don't forget the unit of measure)

Yung 5 teka, kakain pa ako, sigaw ng sigaw ang punyetang asawa ko.
baguhan
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: newguy
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1987
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: parlorista
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: manggugupit

Postby esperasave » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:08 am

Answer all these questions for NCLEX correctly then I will answer yours.

1. The main goal of treatment for acute glomerulonephritis is to:

a. encourage activity.
b. encourage high protein intake.
c. maintain fluid balance.
d. teach intermittent urinary catheterization.

2. Nursing diagnoses mostly differ from medical diagnoses in that they are:

a. dependent upon medical diagnoses for the direction of appropriate interventions.
b. primarily concerned with caring, while medical diagnoses are primarily concerned with curing.
c. primarily concerned with human response, while medical diagnoses are primarily concerned with pathology.
d. primarily concerned with psychosocial parameters, while medical diagnoses are primarily concerned with physiologic parameters.

3. A patient who received spinal anesthesia four hours ago during surgery is transferred to the surgical unit and, after one and a half hours, now reports severe incisional pain. The patient's blood pressure is 170/90 mm Hg, pulse is 108 beats/min, temperature is 99oF (37.2oC), and respirations are 30 breaths/min. The patient's skin is pale, and the surgical dressing is dry and intact. The most appropriate nursing intervention is to:

a. medicate the patient for pain.
b. place the patient in a high Fowler position and administer oxygen.
c. place the patient in a reverse Trendelenburg position and open the IV line.
d. report the findings to the provider.

4. To prevent a common, adverse effect of prolonged use of phenytoin sodium (Dilantin), patients taking the drug are instructed to:

a. avoid crowds and obtain an annual influenza vaccination.
b. drink at least 2 L of fluids daily, including 8 to 10 glasses of water.
c. eat a potassium-rich, low sodium diet.
d. practice good dental hygiene and report gum swelling or bleeding.

5. The most common, preventable complication of abdominal surgery is:
a. atelectasis.
b. fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
c. thrombophlebitis.
d. urinary retention.

6. A 78-year-old patient is scheduled for transition to home after treatment for heart disease. The patient's spouse, who has chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, plans to care for the patient at home. The spouse says that their grown children, who live nearby, will help. The best approach to discharge planning is to:

a. arrange nursing home placement for the couple.
b. consult the spouse's healthcare provider about the spouse's ability to care for the patient.
c. contact the children to ascertain their commitment to help.
d. discuss community resources with the spouse and offer to make referrals.

7. During an assessment of a patient who sustained a head injury 24 hours ago, the medical-surgical nurse notes the development of slurred speech and disorientation to time and place. The nurse's initial action is to:

a. continue the hourly neurologic assessments.
b. inform the neurosurgeon of the patient's status.
c. prepare the patient for emergency surgery.
d. recheck the patient's neurologic status in 15 minutes.

8. For the evaluation feedback process to be effective, a manager:

a. conducts weekly meetings with staff members.
b. considers staff members' interests and abilities when delegating tasks.
c. informs staff members regularly of how well they are performing their jobs.
d. provides goals for staff members to meet.

9. An 80-year-old patient is placed in isolation when infected with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. The patient was alert and oriented on admission, but is now having visual hallucinations and can follow only simple directions. The medical-surgical nurse recognizes that the changes in the patient's mental status are related to:

a. a fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
b. a stimulating environment.
c. sensory deprivation.
d. sundowning.
10. To prepare a patient on the unit for a bronchoscopic procedure, a medical-surgical nurse administers the IV sedative. The medical-surgical nurse then instructs the licensed practical nurse to:

a. educate the patient about the pending procedure.
b. give the patient small sips of water only.
c. measure the patient's blood pressure and pulse readings.
d. take the patient to the bathroom one more time.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby zanderblue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:27 am

1. 2πr(60)=2*3.14*10cm*60=3,768 cm
2. The goat can only walk around as far as 5m from the post because he is tied to it.
3. 2πr = 2*3.14*20m = 1256 m
4. 48cm/4= 12cm = measurement of one side of the square= diameter of the largest circle so radiuse is 6cm C=2πr = 2*3.14*6=37.68cm
5. The diagonal of the square is simply the diameter of the circle so D=C/π=36r/π=11.465r
zanderblue

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: engineer
Hobbies/Interests: painting

Postby iamkenmotion » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:51 am

mrgary wrote:Really, dude?! You made a thread about your nephew's Math assignment and turned this forum into a tutorial session for your kid? You are clearly not asking for help but a free ride at the expense of the forumers here. That's the kind of attitude that really bothers me because it actually stems from the mindset of entitlement in the guise of helplessness. Why wouldn't you ask a Math tutor to assist your kid? Why here???!!! And how come your nephew doesn't know the answers when assignments are supposed to be an extension of the topics discussed in school??? If he didn't know the formulae, then he could have asked his teacher about them during lunch break or just right after the final class period had concluded. This is a pageant forum, for Pete's sake!

OVER REACTION L-)

iamkenmotion
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby mrgary » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 am

iamkenmotion wrote:
mrgary wrote:Really, dude?! You made a thread about your nephew's Math assignment and turned this forum into a tutorial session for your kid? You are clearly not asking for help but a free ride at the expense of the forumers here. That's the kind of attitude that really bothers me because it actually stems from the mindset of entitlement in the guise of helplessness. Why wouldn't you ask a Math tutor to assist your kid? Why here???!!! And how come your nephew doesn't know the answers when assignments are supposed to be an extension of the topics discussed in school??? If he didn't know the formulae, then he could have asked his teacher about them during lunch break or just right after the final class period had concluded. This is a pageant forum, for Pete's sake!

OVER REACTION L-)

Really?! Then why don't you teach the TS's nephew? DUMBASS!
mrgary

Postby puke.mo.vaho » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:56 am

Virginia Dalisay wrote:Kalokahhhh, akala ko eh think smart para sa strategy ng mga kandidata para magka korona... =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%))

Kala ko NGA think smart b4 u click =;))
puke.mo.vaho
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: presstitude
Hobbies/Interests: mowdeling

Postby iamkenmotion » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:58 am

mrgary wrote:
iamkenmotion wrote:

OVER REACTION L-)

CLASSLESS. EW

iamkenmotion

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby mrgary » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 pm

iamkenmotion wrote:
mrgary wrote:
iamkenmotion wrote:

OVER REACTION L-)

CLASSLESS. EW

And look who's talking?!

You still didn't get it, did you? My point of argument here is that if the TS really needed help so badly, then he could have used his own Facebook account, or better yet, from his nephew's Math teacher. This is not the time and place to ask help for his nephew's homework ever. We preached about Aya's "entitlement" vibe or impression at the local pageant and yet here we are trying to throw our weight around for our own personal gain. Do what you preach. Yes, there is nothing wrong in asking help from others but please have the delicadeza or the decency where to seek for it. If it's something to do with pageants or the pageant industry, itself, then this is the place to seek information but absolutely not for somebody else's Math homework.
mrgary

Postby Prince Antoine » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm

1. unknown is length of arc
s = (angle/360) *2*pi*radius
s = (30/360) * 2 * 3.1416 * 10
s = 5.24 cm (the tip of the hour hand travelled 5.24 cm)

2. unknown is circumference
C = 2 x pi x radius
C = 2 x 3.1416 x 5
C = 31.42 m (The goat can walk 31.42m around the post)

3. unknown is circumference
C = 2 x pi x radius
C = 2 x 3.1416 x 20
C = 124.664 meters (The seated person travelled approximately 124.664 meters in one revolution)

4. unknown is circumference
* If the perimeter of the square is 48 cm, that means each side of the square is 12cm. Making the diameter of the circle equal to 12 cm.

C = pi x diameter (circumference formula can be (2 x pi x radius) / (pi x d)
C = 3.1416 x 12
C = 37.7 cm (The largest circle that can be cut out measures 37.7 cm.)

5. unknown is the diagonal of the square
Key notes: The diagonal of the square is the diameter of the circle.
So, if the circumference measures 36r, then using the circumference formula, C = pi x diameter:

36r = pi x diameter

36r/pi = diameter

Hence, the diagonal of the square is 36r/pi
Prince Antoine

Real Life Name/Nick: Antoine
Date of Birth: 28 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: FASHION MERCHANDISING
Hobbies/Interests: Sketching

Postby Florence Quincy Desiree » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 am

Florence Quincy Desiree

Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1991
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Horror Movies

Postby Dirty Vasooka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 pm

thank you guys..andami pala ninyu genius sa math..di lang sa pageant..galing2x po....thank you sa lahat na nag reply..
Dirty Vasooka

Return to Education