Valleriam's FINAL CHOICES for MISS USA 2016

Valleriam's FINAL CHOICES for MISS USA 2016

Postby valleriam » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:10 am

I know I've been so absent but I just had to share my thoughts on this very boring edition of the Miss USA pageant. The batch is okay-ISH in terms of competitiveness, although there are some very beautiful girls, there's really only a handful of girls who are ready to go head to head in an international competition. This year the blondes are WEAK!!!! A lot of the girls have horrible pasarela, no skills whatsoever, but there are around 20 - 25 contestants that stood out for me, so here they are:

Honorable Mentions:

Arkansas
Nobody likes her, but I am rooting for her to spoil the results! I actually liked her performance, I just think she needed more oomph. But she looked so pretty!!!

Iowa
Very beautiful. Unfortunately that's all. She is too shy on stage and lacked impact.

Minnesota
She is so gorgeous, but lacks energy and didn't really stand out. I still hope she gets called though.

New Hampshire
Her frame is short, but for me she really stood out as a great performer. I like her charisma and vibe on stage, very sultry and effortless. I think she has X-factor and could definitely place as a wild card entry.

North Carolina
She is pageant ready, but gets lost in the group and her frame is short. Cute at best.

Alternates:

Arizona
Something tells me she's going to make it. However, I find her PLAIN to death. Her forte is the evening gown, which is beautiful and she looked amazing. Potential semifinalist, but I don't think her beauty is universal or outstanding.

Idaho
She is a very typical american girl, great frame and all, but her performance isn't that strong. Could be a good alternate. Reminds me of Miss USA 2009 which makes her boring to look at.

Mississippi
I am pleasantly surprised. I find her so pretty and very girl next door type of beauty but her downfall is her height.

Missouri
So beautiful and refreshing! Very classic, charismatic and overall good performer. She might not be as popular, but I definitely think she is one to watch out for.

My Top 16 choices:

16. New Jersey
Strong presence and very dynamic on stage, but I don't think she is an outstanding beauty as she doesn't look as appealing in motion. Nonetheless, she is definitely ready for the competition.

15. Rhode Island
She is very telegenic! Her features are harsh, but she is charismatic, memorable and the overall look is appealing.

14. South Dakota
She definitely made her mark. Very feminine and appealing figure, although facially she is kind of average looking and forgettable, I think her performance was good enough to get in the Top 16.

13. Wisconsin
She is so beautiful, elegant and simple; has star quality and an effortless charm, but her body proportions are weird and has bad posture + weak pasarela. I want her to succeed, but I think this is as far as she'll go as she isn't polished enough.

12. Maryland
Although I don't find her to be appealing (facially), I can't deny her solid performances. I do think her dress could've looked 10 times better without that train, but she looked and performed great overall. Definitely very polished, yet plain.

11. West Virginia
I did notice her while I don't see others talking about her, I actually think she is a great delegate. Very pleasant to watch and she gave great performances.

10. South Carolina
She has beautiful eyes and very memorable face. The girl has undeniable presence, star power and her smile can light up the whole room. Plus, she comes from a successful state... I can see her up there based on her charisma and authenticity, but the gown choice is questionable and unfortunately she is 5'6''.

9. Ohio
I like her because she is clearly a professional. However, she looks tired and washed up with that hair, plus that horrible dress disgusts me so much! Who in their right mind would wear a shit brown dress to compete in Miss USA???? Enough with the dress because I can't deny her performance was great and showed us that she is clearly a pageant veteran with great competitive attitude, presence and fierce stance.

8. Michigan
Very fun and lively. I don't care for her dress, but she looked gorgeous in that swimsuit! She exuded confidence, star quality and great energy. I could see her becoming Miss USA with a different dress, she is one to watch out for.

7. Nevada
There's something about her that makes her relatable and so likable. Her smile is so warm and genuine, and she is very charismatic. The dress is too busy and pageant patty-ish, but she carried it so well and looked like a star on stage. Overall, I think she has great chances and is very complete in all aspects.

6. Colorado
Wowww. At times I think she is too polished and perfect. I'm not gonna lie, I did notice that she was a little stiff and calculated at times, kind of rehearsed. At the same time, she gave solid performances and remained consistent throughout the competition. Out of all the girls, I think she is the one that truly has universal appeal. Her facial features do remind me of Jackie Bruno, very memorable and stylish, but a little too hard to handle.

5. Texas
Hailing from the lone star state, the most successful and popular state in Miss USA, is yet another Rodriguez. She is very polished, well trained, charismatic and truly gorgeous. I expected more energy from her, but at the same time I liked her elegance as I find her serene & graceful.

4. Georgia
You can't take your eyes off this girl when she is on stage. She looks so elegant and has poise with impeccable performances and imposing presence. She might not be the most beautiful, but I find her so fresh and effortless.

3. Hawaii
Her overall look is so impressive! I wasn't breathing when she came out in swimsuit, what a body!!! Facially she is average looking but her look is polished and very complete. I can see her winning as she is very queenly, but I didn't really like her dress though.

2. Miss 52 USA
Very professional on stage, she looks like a Miss Universe contestant already. Beauty wise she is a little average looking, but for me she is a very complete contestant. She is elegant and very focused, which I appreciate. Being that she won a popularity contest in the internet, I think she is actually a very solid delegate. What bothers me is that at times her look can get a little boring and too expected.

1. Virginia (My top choice for Miss USA 2016)
ImageImage
Where do I start? That body is to die for. She looked so amazing I had to re-watch her performance cause I was in awe the whole time! Hands down the best performer, very complete delegate, and she is in a league of her own, no ifs or buts. Negatives? I have none. I think she is a perfect 10. I like her sass, confidence and imposing presence on stage, and although her dress is plain, she still stood out from the entire group and mopped the floor with the rest of the contestants!

MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Re: Valleriam's FINAL CHOICES for MISS USA 2016

Postby Rauma » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:43 am

I like Arkansas too she looked so hot and elegant at the same time in her eg during the prelims :-*
Earthquakes don't recognize borders. Diseases, famine, drought don't recognize borders. Why the f* should we?
Rauma
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:03 pm

I am glad that you noticed West Virginia. I have her in my top ten. She is very under the radar. I think overall we share a similar list but my top five is different from yours.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby soledad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Like West Virginia from the start but i think I did not see her upper lip throughout the prelims.

Wisconsin. Danielle Hooper in the making??
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Return to USA