<3 The Duchess' MISS USA PRE ARRIVAL LIST <3

<3 The Duchess' MISS USA PRE ARRIVAL LIST <3

Postby The Duchess » Sun May 13, 2018 2:30 am

Yes people, I am alive… barely. For months I have literally been making lists to present in this forum for the big national pageants (Binibining, Russia ect.) but thank to college… I have been unable to finish them. I had lists of my favorite queens of 2017, a tribute to Colombia for doing amazing last year and a review on the pageants. And guess what… I never had time to finish anything. This damn hurricane has completely thrown my BFA out of whack and I am still trying to finish semesters and full of work so I barely had time to write much. BUT Miss USA is coming and it’s one of my favorite countries to follow in pageantry so I had to make time to write a small list. Now I know this may not be my most beautiful or eloquent work, nor am I going to be making all the lists I usually do for this pageant, but I’m trying here hahahaha. I have not seen the arrivals in detail yet because I wanted this review to be exclusively pre-arrival thoughts.

I will only be making a final list for this pageant for lack of time and I will try to make a Miss Teen USA and Miss Brasil one but I highly doubt I can. Eso si, I will be watching all these 3 pageants closely because I see some good potential in these batches. So for this one, I do not have a clear ranking yet because I wanna see this girls in action. So I have divided them into the groups of cuts there will be and then they will appear alphabetically, not by ranking in that group. And you will be hearing the word STYLING a lot and that is because I simply believe it is one of THE most important parts of a candidates training.

DISCLAIMER: This is a serious thread meant for serious purposes so I (and the people who are seriously following this pageant) will appreciate if we can be professional in the replies. This is not the place for racism, homophobia, xenophobia or any kind of petty fights that have nothing to do with this pageant. People have a problem with other people, take it outside or into a thread that caters to that type of missosologist. Thank You, carry on.

| Bubbling UP |
| ARIZONA- NICOLE SMITH | INDIANA- DARIAN ARCH | TEXAS- LOGAN LESTER

The ones that almost ALMOST made it…
| DELAWARE- SIERRA WRIGHT | NEBRASKA- SARAH ROSE SUMMERS | UTAH- NARINE ISHHANOV |

| THE TOP FIFTHEEN (ALPHABETICAL ORDER) |

| CALIFORNIA- KELLEY JOHNSON |
Now Mr. Juan Sebastian might hate me for this but I am afraid I do not like this girl at all, I was very apprehensive to put her. But I do have to give credit where credit is due and this girl could potentially be a problem for other candidates. I was going in my mind on and on about how she may not be my favorite facially… but then I remember where the hell I knew her from. That’s where it clicked… she is Miss Colorado 2015, the one who flooded my facebook for weeks a couple years ago. This girl has some bomb communication skills and a stage presence that could topple all the girls above her. She could open her mouth and bury half of them and I hate/love her for it. Now I hoped she worked on her body

| LOUISIANA- LAURA VIZZA |
OH I like Louisiana a lot and I cannot wait to see this girl in the pageant even though something tells me she won’t get as far as I wished. I find her to be very beautiful and with an obvious personality which is showcased through her work. The only thing for me is that I’m afraid that unless she is styled to perfection her candids could drown that potential. Those first couple of days will tell me a lot of what I need to make up my mind about this girl because that styling sometimes worries.

| MINNESOTA- KALIE WRIGHT |
I have to say this girl grows on you after a while, I see some strong potential in her specially in her performance… I actually like her more than her predecessor. Her face is a very nice one with good contrast in her features, and her backstory and journey through pageantry may not be as strong as the other girls but I do think it will hit with the judges. Like Juan Sebastian points out the word with her for me is “Midwest”, which for me is an angel she can use to her advantage. I do think if they can find her some great wardrobe for her stay in New Orleans and if she gets to show of her personality and pageant experience she will do very well. So this is one I keep my eye out while she is over there.

| NEW JERSEY- ALEXA NOONE |
For me what this girl lacks in facial beauty (she is not ugly but I can’t say she is super pretty either) she makes up in body, experience and backstory. That might be the reason why she will be in that Top 15 but I don’t think she stands anywhere close to her predecessor (who could have done so well in Miss Universe) in terms of overall package. Now I won’t mind this if this is a performer and her preliminary beats a lot of the pretty faces’ one; which I don’t know just how well she is. But I’m going to honestly be so mad if she gets in JUST by backstory which is sometimes a problem in the Miss USA. I’m not trying to be mean or offending but honestly that’s all I got to say about this particular girl for now… *shrugs*

| NEW YORK- GENESIS C. SUERO |
This is for me the most disappointing Latina and it frustrates me because I really saw her getting further, much further. Mainly because I think that whoever is in charge of her clothing and hair (sometimes) has to figure out what the hell he wants to do. Like sometimes she can look very beautiful and fresh yet sometimes she can look honestly either pedestrian or older. Many outfits of hers have just subtracted from her beauty and in events with other candidates she is kind of left behind in terms of look. And it kind of infuriates me because Genesis has so much potential and its being ruined by her style, it’s too hit and miss for my taste. She has a beautiful natural face that with just minimal makeup and her hair slightly volume just looks perfect, and she has a good body too. Her performances on stage are solid enough and she is very good at communicating her ideas too. But most importantly this girl is the American dream of this year and her backstory is very strong too. So, I hope that when I go to the official thread I see some beautiful looks and makeup/hairstyles because yes it can ruin a queen. Many queens have been robbed of their potential by an unfortunate styling, I think one of the few that survived is Demi and her prelim look.

| THE TOP TEN (ALPHABETICAL ORDER) |

| GEORGIA- MARIANNY EGURROLA DAZA|
Oh Georgia, Sweet Georgia… I feel a little conflicted with this girl to be completely honest with you people and it’s mostly because of her face. For me she looks incredible in some pictures but then in other her faces look a little strong on her features. So, I think that with a little bit more consistency in her portfolio could help the judges see her as a good idea for Miss Universe. Her backstory is quite good with the whole being the first Latina to win Georgia (yes I was shocked too) and her platform of helping people of all backgrounds. It’s a solid package. NOW the reason why this girl could get incredibly far in this competition is because this girl is absolute fire in the stage, specially in swimsuit. So… for me she will do great in that portion but what I worry is against the rest of these girls, I worry about how elegant she will look against them. Specially against the rest of the Latinas I feel her face is the most worrying to me, that is why I am apprehensive to put her in the next section.

| MARYLAND- BRITTINAY NICOLETTE |
Now this is the one many are sleeping one and it makes me so excited to see her around, because this is one of the like 3 girls I truly believe could do great in Miss Universe. This is the only one I will admit today that is part of that holy trinity. This girl is 26 AND ITS SO FRESH that she looks like maybe 24 at the most, specially that smile. And that body is so natural looking it almost reminds me of the Miss Universe 2001 swimwear competition where the “super fit” bodies were not in yet. I don’t need super toned bodies you guys know that, as long as it looks proportionate and feminine… to me she has one of the best bodies. Specially now that we are moving towards more natural looking bodies, look at these past 3 years of both pageants. BUT most importantly… the backstory and platform on this girl is honestly one of the smartest and best ones from the bunch. I’m actually laughing as I write this, the girl has a resume that even I am jealous of… she’s even an advocate for organ donation and domestic violence? Those who know about the organ donation crisis and the rampant cases of domestic violence still strangling the US you would see how smart she is. Of course, I am not saying these girls are doing all these advocacies only for the pageant… I’m sure the majority are legitimate. BUT it still doesn’t take away how smart and different her platform is.

| OKLAHOMA- CHEYENNE DARLING |
Now Cheyenne is a very interesting girl for me because her look is so stunning to me with that dark hair, with that beautiful skin and those eyes… it makes for such a beautiful combination. She looks very nice in motion and has been styled very nicely lately, she could be real trouble for the girls in these 2 weeks. I find her look to be a very nice and different from the usual Miss USA, the closest to her look would be Rima and still (at least to me) it’s very different. I see a lot of potential in her and I think she could get very far if she has the right walk and styling. This is one of the candidates I am waiting see how well she will do, she intrigues me. I think she has a fairly well platform and backstory focused on combating bullying which is a very relevant platform these years. She also has a good height but she might be a bit too young for IMG as it appears the company is focused on more matured women. But we shall see, I am crazy to see her preliminary though.

| PENNSYLVANIA- OLIVIA SUCHKO |
Now for me this is a beautiful girl with an interesting face that could take her far into competition if its style properly, that’s the thing about odd faces. You got to know how to work with them. She is actually quite photo and telegenic specially in minimal makeup and straight hair, that for me is one of her (if not the) best style for her. She actually gives me a bit of a vintage vibe, but from fellow friends following pageants it appears I may be the only one haha. I think her backstory may not be as good as the rest in my opinion but I do think that the rest of the package is good enough to make up for that. She seems to have a rather nice body and a good personality which is very much important, I’d rather have more queens like that in pageantry. Another great thing about her face is how good it is for different types of modeling and I think IMG will notice that when they see her around.

| SOUTH CAROLINA- TORI SIZEMORE |
Tori has one of the best professional pictures out of the whole group because she has one of the most interesting faces of the pageant. BUT with interesting faces comes great responsibility ergo she will need to be so careful of that styling because she could be out of the running because of it. Yet another Teen titleholder who could use that experience in her favor. She has nice communications skills given her different experiences in different pageants so I am very interested to see what her team does with her hair and makeup. She also has studies in the field of communication and has a very beautiful backstory to complement a very complete package. For me her hair should stay blonde because it brings such fierceness to her face that brings out that eye color, I saw some picture with darker hair and it made her look so boring that it would pain me to see her in those colors. But this is one that will be interesting to see what has changed from her other competitions.

| THE TOP FIVE (ALPHABETICAL ORDER) |

| ARKANSAS- LAUREN WEAVER |
Oh Miss Arkansas is quite a stellar candidate she might be the one to beat in the coming weeks if we don’t pay attention. She has probably THE face of the pageant, looking good in every picture from candid to professional in which she shows us she has a very good knowledge of herself to portray on camera. She has a very nice body and walk that could help her look incredible on stage. She is the 3rd woman in a row from Arkansas to have been a Miss Teen Arkansas too (Abby Floyd, Lauren Weaver and Arynn Johnson participated in MTUSA in 2013, 2014 and 2015; then participated in MUSA 2016, 2018, 2017) so she already has some small experience in the Miss USA stage. Now for me as long as she keeps an eye on her styling she could go very far in this competition but at the same time I am slightly expecting her to class just because of last year. We had a Julia Scaparotti from Massachussets that had an EXCELLENT preliminary yet she clapped tremendously so honestly, I think anything can happen with frontrunners. Also I hope she is being very careful with her makeup because she could be one of those girls that looks way better with the most minimal makeup instead of just this super manufactured. But I could totally see this girl adding to the strong group of frontrunners we have in the international pageants, I can see her with that DNL (I refuse to acknowledge DNC as the legitimate crown). I can see her in a stunning crown photoshoot and standing with Venezuela, France and the Philippines; I think she could do it. So for me to have her as a potential winner means she will be into my microscope for the entire competition. Time will tell.

| DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA- BRYCE ARMSTRONG |
OH I LOVE BRYCE, and I love her far more than I ever cared for either Deshauna and Kara by like an ocean of miles. Coming from a year that had such strong African American representation, this year has been a little underwhelming for me BUT Bryce has come here to enlightened the way for me. She has a beautiful face and a very nice body which she carries very elegantly throughout the stage, she has experience AND she is here to let you know. She has great communication skills and a personality that shines through every moment where she is on stage, and that is ever so important. Now she carries a strong weight on her shoulders to continue the DC strike, hoping probably for a repeat of the 80’s Texas dream team. And I think she can totally do it if she keeps up that personality and poise on stage whilst always styling herself perfectly. She has way better looks than Deshauna by far and can stand with her toe to toe on the question round, and she is having a much better personality than Kara and will probably answer questions better. This girl is doing everything perfectly and the only way I see her loosing is either by the other 5 girls here being perfect or her completely bombing in performance. But will DC place? Definitely, she is the one of the few girls has stayed in the same position since the
beginning of the year. So this girl is DEFINITIVELY Duchess approved and could easily join my court of queens for 2018 (never got to post last year’s list but it is what it is).

| FLORIDA- GENESIS MARIE DAVILA PEREZ |
Uf… Genesis. Anybody that has followed her pageant career knows just how much of a dangerous candidate she is to the rest of the group. She has a banging body and a catwalk that she has mastered for years plus she knows exactly how to work a room. Her speaking skills have only gotten better with time and she masters both languages with such a fluidity even I wish I had. She has a very strong backstory filled not only with an uphill battle for the crown of Miss USA, an amount of organizations that she is part of and a very smart selection of advocacies. Plus, she has a Puertorrican background that could be very interesting for me to see how it plays out. Now some may think I am overthinking it but the way I see it her Puertorricaness will play out in two ways given the current political backdrop. Either it would be interesting to see how a born and raised Rican wins this crown and how will the people receive the news. OR the advocacy and work she has done here will read well to the judges for all she represents which I think it’s the smartest part of her. Not only does she represent the Latinos, but she also represents afro Latinas who are usually not represented in pageantry, pageant veterans AND also the Puertorrican diaspora who has had to move given the state of the island. I want her to play on those strengths I mentioned because they could mean the difference between crown and clapping. It would be also refreshing to see how she will represent both her Latino culture and the band USA, so I’m all for it. NOW she also has to be careful of her styling because, as we all know, Genesis has strong features therefore she needs to use those hairstyles and makeups that soften them. Her two winning looks in Miss Florida USA are actually a lot better than the ones she used in Miss Universe and MW Puerto Rico, she needs to keep that up.

| PRO-TIP | Now this is a small tip for ALL queens that have gotten breast implants which all continents have at least one: If you were an A or even a B cup and you got implants there’s a chance your breast will look a bit too obvious that there’s implants. Most of the time there’s a separation between them that is due to the lack of natural muscle that was there. And that it’s expected because you didn’t have much muscle there to begin with, girls like Bodine, Catriona and now Genesis were women with very small breast that went up. As opposed to for example Mariana Vicente (who went from a A to only a full B) these girls needed a bit more cup. Now what you want do with that is look for flattering tops either in gowns or swimwear to make the breast look more natural. Like the promotional swimsuit pics Catriona released for MUPR, the swimsuits gotten for Bodine before Miss Universe and the gowns Genesis has chosen in Miss Florida USA. So if you know a candidate that has had an augmentation who developed this problem tell them to look for flattering tops etc. Also, this portion is not to criticize but to offer honest advice.

| NEVADA- CAROLINA URREA |
Now this is probably the year’s best example of an organization having the capabilities to bring out the potential of a candidate. I didn’t even care much for this girl when she won especially her face, body and walk which were okay yet didn’t impress me. I remember thinking she needed to change this or that, things that would make her look a thousand time better. And long and behold in these past few weeks we have seen her latest pictures and many of us were left incredibly impressed. This game became a front runner with a matter of slight changes that just further proves that most of the time less is more. Her face harmony has improved, her body has improved from what I can tell and her speaking skills too, she is looking fresh and youthful. I will not be judging the Nuestra Belleza Latina stint at all because for me it just proves that in 3 years she has grown an improve a lot both physically and intellectually. Also, I don’t account reality tv into my reviews for pageantry because many times these are not 100% honest 100% of the time ergo they don’t have the credibility I need to be a character witness. This Colombian Mexican beauty has a long list of charity work and organizations she works with and is bilingual which for me is very important in pageantry like this. Time will tell but this girl jumped from my Top 15 to my Top 5 very quickly because her organization, and herself of course, did the right work where they had to and now she has become a frontrunner.

| TENNESSEE- ALEXANDRA HARPER |
Keep an eye on this one, I see a lot of people around the internet that don’t see her as much of a competition as she is. For me the most attractive thing she has is that she owns a very vintage face, to me it looks like candidates from the 80’s and 90’s that I noticed immediately. And she is something very important and that is Telegenic, she looks amazing in motion and in professionally done pictures which is extremely important for a modeling company like IMG. The fact that she is a legacy could work really well in her favor, her mother could have been helping and training her for a while now. In candids, she does have to be careful with her styling to make sure she always looks her best and that it can translate into those pictures. A big part of this competition is styling so she needs to be aware of that specially her hair which sometimes looks a bit messy or lacks consistency. Now for her body I think she looks great, she is around 6 feet yet her body is proportionate so she doesn’t look too skinny or too long which is very important for tall ladies. She is also a professional working woman who I am pretty sure will impress the judges with her resume. I will not be judging much on walking in this list because the reality is that many girls’ performance on their state is not on youtube, and also state pageants were a long time ago. For me the walking will become most clear in the preliminary competition which I am hoping it won’t be like last year’s Miss Universe and we get to see them properly. But for now, this girl could easily be a runner up if she keeps her styling in check and most importantly she performs the hell out of this competition.

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music

Re: <3 The Duchess' MISS USA PRE ARRIVAL LIST <3

Postby koji » Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 am

Majority of them look like 30-40 years old... ~X(
koji
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun May 13, 2018 6:58 am

Nice list! We have 4/5 of the same Top 5 and the other one is my 6th place and a lot of the same Top 15 too. This year I think is tough because there are the clear frontrunners and a lot of frontrunners/dark horses who could easily make the cut and go far as well. This year is a lot more competitive and will be way more unpredictable than last year, I'm waiting for prelims to really make my judgements but the bios help a lot too.

California haha would definitely not be my top favorite at Miss Universe but I have a really strong feeling she's going to win. She has so much exposure already and the interview skills are unmatchable. She's very pretty but not the prettiest of the batch, but overall, she's very strong and she's very memorable and even though she doesn't have the best face, she still manages to stand out.
But at the same time: Arkansas also has a really great story which relates to the Miss USA cause and girl gets more and more stunning each day, her beauty is polarizing! DC is also the complete package but she may have a hard time doing a back to back to back although she's really one of the strongest girls this year. If Deshauna and Kára hadn't won the last two years, she probably would've been my runaway winner.
Florida and Tennessee are fantastic as well I don't have much else to say about that but they're both really competitive. Nevada is really strong too and really stands out but my concern is her communication skills but she has improved so much physically within the past few months I bet she'd improved in terms of communication too.

As for your other girls:

I agree for the most part on your list it's very similar to my pre-arrival list BUT I'm sorry I don't think Maryland is pretty, I think she looks like a clown but a lot of other people love her and her story so she may be up there! I'll look out for her.
Pennsylvania is very facially beautiful but that's it. If her two predecessors couldn't make it, she won't.
Georgia I agree 100% on what you said about her, she's so strong but recently her candid photos haven't been great and I think Florida is prettier than her.
New York has been looking good at arrivals and is slowly climbing up my list but she's so inconsistent too, but I'll only really be able to rank the girls after they compete in prelims.
I think New Jersey has a great story and exemplifies everything IMG stands for but she's facially on the weaker side of the contestants and right now I would even put out of my Top 15.

In the prelims Im gonna be looking out for a lot of dark horses who are really shining to me: Mississippi (idk why I've overlooked her, she's gorgeous and not short), Delaware (great story and has been looking gorgeous lately), Utah, New Mexico (she has an amazing story, like Kára I bet she'll make the first cut), Montana (I don't like her personally, I think her beauty is too harsh but apparently she has a popular youtube channel and her styling has improved so I'm gonna keep an eye out for her but I can't see her going far), Rhode Island (girl could be the next Olivia Culpo, she's so stunning with the right styling).

Anyways, great job I always love your commentaries and I can't wait to see your final list!
Paulina Vega - Miss Universe 2014

FOLLOW THE ROAD TO SEÑORITA COLOMBIA: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1527139
Juan Sebastian
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Pharmacy Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: poker,music,astrology,pageants,horror movies etc..
Message: "EVERYONE is beautiful, just some people are more beautiful than others."

Postby The Alchemist » Sun May 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Hope they will pick a beautiful & eloquent girl who performs well.
Not a scientist or a soldier who “somehow” qualifies as a pageant girl
The Alchemist
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mar
Date of Birth: 15 Jul 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Traveler
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling

Postby Rauma » Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm

The pro-tip is soooo true! I couldn't express better.
To your choices: I don't know, I'm really confused by this years candidates, looking too mature for their age. From your list I like South Carolina, Maryland and DC the most since they look fresh. Nevada is good choice too.
Rauma
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Profession: Accountant and auditor
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby The Duchess » Sun May 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Rauma wrote:The pro-tip is soooo true! I couldn't express better.
To your choices: I don't know, I'm really confused by this years candidates, looking too mature for their age. From your list I like South Carolina, Maryland and DC the most since they look fresh. Nevada is good choice too.

I don't know why small breasted women are not told this when they get surgeries, ive seen it so many times all over the world. Its an important detail
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Design & Music

Return to USA