5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Image



  • 2

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby Sybarite » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:31 pm

    

This is the type na di talaga pwedeng isabak sa Miss Universe. Dami nya sigurong baon na memorized answers at bahala na si Batman kung tutugma yung napili nyang baon na sagot sa itatanong sa kanya at pwede naman daw nyang sabihin na tama naman yung sagot nya...mali lang yung tinanong sa kanya. HAHAHAHAHA. It is ok to memorize your answers pero learn to make it sound like you really mean it at deliver it in the most natural way. This is partly the fault of the people na nag-train sa mga girls na ganito. This kind of training na pang Miss Gay Barangay does not work anymore sa mga matatalinong mga judges. Parang medyo shades of Miss Pageant Patty, I Love Ice Cream Lastimosa syang sumagot. Naubos tuloy yung oras nya dahil dalawang beses syang NAG GROW UP. Kaloka!



Sybarite
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2284
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Gender: Male
Profession: monk
Hobbies/Interests: anime
Message: Write a message here

  • 5

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby Sybarite » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:45 am

I don't think Paulina has a prettier face than Catriona. Paulina is pretty but has a boring face, the kind of pretty face that you see in hundreds of pretty latina faces. IT does not really take your breath away. She does not have the striking face of say Pia Wurtzbach or Catriona. Pia and Cat's eyes alone are so mesmerizing that gives them this unique and interesting look in their beauty and fashion shoots. They are even so gorgeous without make up. One of this NY radio guy was right when he described Pia's beauty during her media week when he compared her with the past Miss Universe winners...THOSE EYES, he said.
mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:TBH, Cat was not the prettiest, face wise but she was cute enough, or say she’s pretty enough. But she has all the other qualities that made her stand out. However, Rachel and Cat were at the same level face wise, but ended up at different spots.

Many Philippine reps were not the prettiest but they managed to get higher placements. It’s the whole, not the parts.


Nobody disagrees with you about the "complete package" issue but I don't think Cat and Rachel are on the same level face-wise. Catriona is pretty but Rachel isn't. However, MJ Lastimosa and Rachel Peters are on the same level face-wise. Pretty average. Catriona may not be as pretty as Paulina Vega but Catriona had all the five aspects I mentioned in my thread to possess the complete package. Catriona is an articulate, beautiful glamazon Filipina while Rachel isn't.
Sybarite
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2284
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Gender: Male
Profession: monk
Hobbies/Interests: anime
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby mrgary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:58 am

Sybarite wrote:I don't think Paulina has a prettier face than Catriona. Paulina is pretty but has a boring face, the kind of pretty face that you see in hundreds of pretty latina faces. IT does not really take your breath away. She does not have the striking face of say Pia Wurtzbach or Catriona. Pia and Cat's eyes alone are so mesmerizing that gives them this unique and interesting look in their beauty and fashion shoots. They are even so gorgeous without make up. One of this NY radio guy was right when he described Pia's beauty during her media week when he compared her with the past Miss Universe winners...THOSE EYES, he said.
mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:TBH, Cat was not the prettiest, face wise but she was cute enough, or say she’s pretty enough. But she has all the other qualities that made her stand out. However, Rachel and Cat were at the same level face wise, but ended up at different spots.

Many Philippine reps were not the prettiest but they managed to get higher placements. It’s the whole, not the parts.


Nobody disagrees with you about the "complete package" issue but I don't think Cat and Rachel are on the same level face-wise. Catriona is pretty but Rachel isn't. However, MJ Lastimosa and Rachel Peters are on the same level face-wise. Pretty average. Catriona may not be as pretty as Paulina Vega but Catriona had all the five aspects I mentioned in my thread to possess the complete package. Catriona is an articulate, beautiful glamazon Filipina while Rachel isn't.


Whatever, My point is, everybody is considered to be a "complete package" at Miss Universe because each country sends their best candidate. However, when push comes to shove like what happened in 2012, beauty will still edge out a little bit than just pure intelligence or sexy body. We need an articulate, beautiful glamazon with an advocacy.
mrgary
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: New York, USA
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 3775
Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling
Message: "Veni, vidi, vici." - Julius Caesar; 47 B.C.

  • 0

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby zoondwaine » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 am

mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Many candidates from other countries like Colombia with face value, they end up as clappers.

Philippines sent Rachel Peters and Maxine Medina both with face values, no win too.

It’s not the face that counts, it’s the complete package.
Yes, the face helps. But it’s not all that.

Again, it’s been proven time and time again!


And who says Rachel is pretty? She is not pretty but Maxine is. However, between the two, Maxine still managed to sneak into the top 6 but Rachel didn't despite the fact that both competed with a lot of Filipinos in the audience and Maxine had poor communication skills in English. Of course, it is always the complete package that counts which is why I always say, "beautiful, articulate glamazon Filipinas" in my post to describe the need we have for this year. That's why we need to maximize the resources we have by scouting for the ideal candidates outside our radii.


I find Rachel prettier than Maxine when I see them face to face. I was a little surprised when I saw Rachel that pretty in person because her videos and pictures do not give justice to her pretty face.
zoondwaine
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 918
Real Life Name/Nick: zoondwaine
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, culturl immersion, nature trek
Message: I learned misso in 2010 and after that I'm hook to this site in regards to pageant issues.

  • 0

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby panchopolo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:09 am

mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Era of Dark Ages in Philippine pageantry, remnants of Marcos dictatorial regime where many things were subdued and restricted.


But how come we did well from 1972 up to 1975 at the Miss Universe? We even won the second Miss Universe crown through Margie Moran in 1973.


The Bagong Lipunan (New Society) regime during the martial law period influenced arts and culture in a big way, but I don't see how it affected beauty pageantry except for the intervention in hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Asia, a milestone in pageant history as it marked Miss Universe's first staging outside Europe and America.

Women who participated in Binibining Pilipinas and Mutya ng Pilipinas from the 1960s until the mid-1970s were students of private Catholic schools and coeds from the big universities, all products of well-heeled academic and social breeding. From the mid-1970s till the late 1980s, this base shifted from beauty pageants to the more lucrative commercial and ramp modelling industry. Fashion designers still managed to tap contestants into these two pageants, but the era of fair-and-lovely, prim-and-proper, society-page women was definitely over by then.

Models began populating the Binibini rosters with Pebbles de Asis in 1987 all the way till the late 1990s, an era marked by statuesque ramp divas (and attitude!) and intermittent placements in the international pageants. The so-called Dark Era (the entire 2000 decade) is the most ambivalent of them all, tough to classify with a mix bag of Manila coeds and provincial lasses winning the titles . . . and coming home empty-handed.

And then came Venus Raj.
panchopolo
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:15 pm
Location: Manila, Manila!
Country: India (in)
Reputation: 3461
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

  • 3

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby krissynelli » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

panchopolo wrote:
mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Era of Dark Ages in Philippine pageantry, remnants of Marcos dictatorial regime where many things were subdued and restricted.


But how come we did well from 1972 up to 1975 at the Miss Universe? We even won the second Miss Universe crown through Margie Moran in 1973.


The Bagong Lipunan (New Society) regime during the martial law period influenced arts and culture in a big way, but I don't see how it affected beauty pageantry except for the intervention in hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Asia, a milestone in pageant history as it marked Miss Universe's first staging outside Europe and America.

Women who participated in Binibining Pilipinas and Mutya ng Pilipinas from the 1960s until the mid-1970s were students of private Catholic schools and coeds from the big universities, all products of well-heeled academic and social breeding. From the mid-1970s till the late 1980s, this base shifted from beauty pageants to the more lucrative commercial and ramp modelling industry. Fashion designers still managed to tap contestants into these two pageants, but the era of fair-and-lovely, prim-and-proper, society-page women was definitely over by then.

Models began populating the Binibini rosters with Pebbles de Asis in 1987 all the way till the late 1990s, an era marked by statuesque ramp divas (and attitude!) and intermittent placements in the international pageants. The so-called Dark Era (the entire 2000 decade) is the most ambivalent of them all, tough to classify with a mix bag of Manila coeds and provincial lasses winning the titles . . . and coming home empty-handed.

And then came Venus Raj.


THE DARK ERA YOU MENTIONED. WAS THE ERA OF FINDING THE NEXT "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO". THUS MADAM WAS OBSESSED IN LOOKING FOR THE "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO PROTOYPE"..HERE'S THE CATCH; "SOIL-DIGGING LOOKING" OR "NAGBUBUNGKAL NG LUPA LOOKING" CONTESTANTS TOOK ADVANTAGED / MILKED IT; RAISED THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY LIKE MIRIAMCARD" EVERYTIME THEY APPEARED ON THE SCREENINGS OR DURING THE ENTIRE COMPETITION. THEY SUCCEEDED (OBVIOUSLY) IN "BRAINWASHING" THE MIND OF MADAM STELLA; THAT THEY ARE "THE NEXT MIRIAM". THE PRESS AT THAT TIME SEEMED TO JOIN THE BANDWAGON AS WELL; "PAG KAYUMANGGI ANG PINAY. MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES CROWN AGAD2"...IN SHORT; THEY SHUT DOWN ALL THOSE HALFIES OR MESTISAS (RELEGATED TO INTERNATIONAL CROWNS ONLY)..THE LIKES OF CRISTINA GARCIA, HILLARY CHOO, CINDY KURLETO, JOEY MEAD, ANNE CURTIS, PANTENE COMMERCIAL MODEL FROM CEBU WHO APPEARED IN OPRAH WINFREY SHOW, JULIANA PALERMO, SANDRA SEIFERT, ETC. WERE EASILY DISMISSED BEC THOSE UGLY PINAYS WERE PROSTITUTING / BASTARDIZING THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY CARD"...THANK GOD THEIR AGENDA NEVER WORKED ANYMORE IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P
YO SOY PUERTO RICO!... HALF PUERTO RICAN / HALF "KIKI" VENDOR
krissynelli
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 18187
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 am
Location: BEKI, PUERTArico
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 16898
Real Life Name/Nick: krissylicious
Date of Birth: 22 May 1978
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: MAQUILLAGE
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: DILDOING, CATFIGHTS, WITCHCRAFT AND SORCERY
Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

  • 3

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby nycla2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 am

krissynelli wrote:
panchopolo wrote:
mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Era of Dark Ages in Philippine pageantry, remnants of Marcos dictatorial regime where many things were subdued and restricted.


But how come we did well from 1972 up to 1975 at the Miss Universe? We even won the second Miss Universe crown through Margie Moran in 1973.


The Bagong Lipunan (New Society) regime during the martial law period influenced arts and culture in a big way, but I don't see how it affected beauty pageantry except for the intervention in hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Asia, a milestone in pageant history as it marked Miss Universe's first staging outside Europe and America.

Women who participated in Binibining Pilipinas and Mutya ng Pilipinas from the 1960s until the mid-1970s were students of private Catholic schools and coeds from the big universities, all products of well-heeled academic and social breeding. From the mid-1970s till the late 1980s, this base shifted from beauty pageants to the more lucrative commercial and ramp modelling industry. Fashion designers still managed to tap contestants into these two pageants, but the era of fair-and-lovely, prim-and-proper, society-page women was definitely over by then.

Models began populating the Binibini rosters with Pebbles de Asis in 1987 all the way till the late 1990s, an era marked by statuesque ramp divas (and attitude!) and intermittent placements in the international pageants. The so-called Dark Era (the entire 2000 decade) is the most ambivalent of them all, tough to classify with a mix bag of Manila coeds and provincial lasses winning the titles . . . and coming home empty-handed.

And then came Venus Raj.


THE DARK ERA YOU MENTIONED. WAS THE ERA OF FINDING THE NEXT "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO". THUS MADAM WAS OBSESSED IN LOOKING FOR THE "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO PROTOYPE"..HERE'S THE CATCH; "SOIL-DIGGING LOOKING" OR "NAGBUBUNGKAL NG LUPA LOOKING" CONTESTANTS TOOK ADVANTAGED / MILKED IT; RAISED THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY LIKE MIRIAMCARD" EVERYTIME THEY APPEARED ON THE SCREENINGS OR DURING THE ENTIRE COMPETITION. THEY SUCCEEDED (OBVIOUSLY) IN "BRAINWASHING" THE MIND OF MADAM STELLA; THAT THEY ARE "THE NEXT MIRIAM". THE PRESS AT THAT TIME SEEMED TO JOIN THE BANDWAGON AS WELL; "PAG KAYUMANGGI ANG PINAY. MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES CROWN AGAD2"...IN SHORT; THEY SHUT DOWN ALL THOSE HALFIES OR MESTISAS (RELEGATED TO INTERNATIONAL CROWNS ONLY)..THE LIKES OF CRISTINA GARCIA, HILLARY CHOO, CINDY KURLETO, JOEY MEAD, ANNE CURTIS, PANTENE COMMERCIAL MODEL FROM CEBU WHO APPEARED IN OPRAH WINFREY SHOW, JULIANA PALERMO, SANDRA SEIFERT, ETC. WERE EASILY DISMISSED BEC THOSE UGLY PINAYS WERE PROSTITUTING / BASTARDIZING THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY CARD"...THANK GOD THEIR AGENDA NEVER WORKED ANYMORE IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P


I dont normally agree with u and i have love and hate relationship with u but I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING U JUST SAID. PINAY MORENA GIRLS ARE BEAUTIFUL TOO BUT THEY HAD THIS CHIMAY PROTOTYPE IN THE 2000S LEAVING THE MESTIZAS BEHIND, LO AND BEHOLD, THE MESTIZAS ARE BACK WITH A VENGANCE IN 2010S WITH PIA AND CATRIONA WINNING CROWNS. SO PEOPLE SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING IF WE ARE SENDING HALFIES BECAUSE ITS THEIR REDEMPTION AND IM NOT DISCREDITING MIRIAM QUIAMBAO PROTOTYPES BUT IF THERES A MORENA GLAMAZONA AND DYOSA, THEN I DONT MIND SEEING A MORENA REPRESENTING THE PHILIPPINES AGAIN BUT IF HALFIES OR MESTIZAS ARE SLAYIN SO BE IT
nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 9387
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 11958
Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment
Message: heyyyy

  • 1

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby koji » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 am

Barbie Dahl wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Era of Dark Ages in Philippine pageantry, remnants of Marcos dictatorial regime where many things were subdued and restricted.

Image

Image


Estupido. Pia was crowned during PNoy's time. Fake news ka, vaks! :finger: [-X
koji
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2067
Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby myka » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:39 am

OMG. No politics, please! ~X(
myka
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am
Location: Philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 432
Date of Birth: 18 Dec 1988
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: nurse/educator
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: singing, net surfing
Message: tama? tamaaaa!!

  • 2

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby k_west » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 am

nycla2 wrote:
krissynelli wrote:
panchopolo wrote:
mrgary wrote:
pacifico falafoxy wrote:Era of Dark Ages in Philippine pageantry, remnants of Marcos dictatorial regime where many things were subdued and restricted.


But how come we did well from 1972 up to 1975 at the Miss Universe? We even won the second Miss Universe crown through Margie Moran in 1973.


The Bagong Lipunan (New Society) regime during the martial law period influenced arts and culture in a big way, but I don't see how it affected beauty pageantry except for the intervention in hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Asia, a milestone in pageant history as it marked Miss Universe's first staging outside Europe and America.

Women who participated in Binibining Pilipinas and Mutya ng Pilipinas from the 1960s until the mid-1970s were students of private Catholic schools and coeds from the big universities, all products of well-heeled academic and social breeding. From the mid-1970s till the late 1980s, this base shifted from beauty pageants to the more lucrative commercial and ramp modelling industry. Fashion designers still managed to tap contestants into these two pageants, but the era of fair-and-lovely, prim-and-proper, society-page women was definitely over by then.

Models began populating the Binibini rosters with Pebbles de Asis in 1987 all the way till the late 1990s, an era marked by statuesque ramp divas (and attitude!) and intermittent placements in the international pageants. The so-called Dark Era (the entire 2000 decade) is the most ambivalent of them all, tough to classify with a mix bag of Manila coeds and provincial lasses winning the titles . . . and coming home empty-handed.

And then came Venus Raj.


THE DARK ERA YOU MENTIONED. WAS THE ERA OF FINDING THE NEXT "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO". THUS MADAM WAS OBSESSED IN LOOKING FOR THE "MIRIAM QUIAMBAO PROTOYPE"..HERE'S THE CATCH; "SOIL-DIGGING LOOKING" OR "NAGBUBUNGKAL NG LUPA LOOKING" CONTESTANTS TOOK ADVANTAGED / MILKED IT; RAISED THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY LIKE MIRIAMCARD" EVERYTIME THEY APPEARED ON THE SCREENINGS OR DURING THE ENTIRE COMPETITION. THEY SUCCEEDED (OBVIOUSLY) IN "BRAINWASHING" THE MIND OF MADAM STELLA; THAT THEY ARE "THE NEXT MIRIAM". THE PRESS AT THAT TIME SEEMED TO JOIN THE BANDWAGON AS WELL; "PAG KAYUMANGGI ANG PINAY. MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES CROWN AGAD2"...IN SHORT; THEY SHUT DOWN ALL THOSE HALFIES OR MESTISAS (RELEGATED TO INTERNATIONAL CROWNS ONLY)..THE LIKES OF CRISTINA GARCIA, HILLARY CHOO, CINDY KURLETO, JOEY MEAD, ANNE CURTIS, PANTENE COMMERCIAL MODEL FROM CEBU WHO APPEARED IN OPRAH WINFREY SHOW, JULIANA PALERMO, SANDRA SEIFERT, ETC. WERE EASILY DISMISSED BEC THOSE UGLY PINAYS WERE PROSTITUTING / BASTARDIZING THE "KAYUMANGGING PINAY CARD"...THANK GOD THEIR AGENDA NEVER WORKED ANYMORE IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P


I dont normally agree with u and i have love and hate relationship with u but I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING U JUST SAID. PINAY MORENA GIRLS ARE BEAUTIFUL TOO BUT THEY HAD THIS CHIMAY PROTOTYPE IN THE 2000S LEAVING THE MESTIZAS BEHIND, LO AND BEHOLD, THE MESTIZAS ARE BACK WITH A VENGANCE IN 2010S WITH PIA AND CATRIONA WINNING CROWNS. SO PEOPLE SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING IF WE ARE SENDING HALFIES BECAUSE ITS THEIR REDEMPTION AND IM NOT DISCREDITING MIRIAM QUIAMBAO PROTOTYPES BUT IF THERES A MORENA GLAMAZONA AND DYOSA, THEN I DONT MIND SEEING A MORENA REPRESENTING THE PHILIPPINES AGAIN BUT IF HALFIES OR MESTIZAS ARE SLAYIN SO BE IT


I think there was also an agenda against tisays, claiming that "malulunod sila in a sea of fair-skinned glamazonas". as they say, it will be difficult for tisays to standout so they went for a kayumangging pinay prototype.
k_west
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:26 am
Country: Saudi Arabia (sa)
Reputation: 194
Real Life Name/Nick: Westy
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: CAD Operator
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: Dan Dan Dan Dalandan

  • 4

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am

Never found Paulina Vega to be THAT pretty (up to that point, Ximena was the most beautiful Miss Universe during that five-year period).

Worse, she wasn’t as pretty as she was the night she won when she gave up her crown; the spark just wasn’t there anymore.
Lafeadamadelaindia
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:22 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1219
Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby HowDoYouKnow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 pm

Lafeadamadelaindia wrote:Never found Paulina Vega to be THAT pretty (up to that point, Ximena was the most beautiful Miss Universe during that five-year period).

Worse, she wasn’t as pretty as she was the night she won when she gave up her crown; the spark just wasn’t there anymore.


yes, I was quite disappointed with Paulina when she gave up her crown in 2015. I don't know if it was just the make-up, but she looked dull. She also looked like she gained a lot of weight; her face was just so round and full.
HowDoYouKnow
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 1326
Real Life Name/Nick: Joe
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1991
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Bodybuilder
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Exercising
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: 5 THINGS TO LEARN AS A POTENTIAL PAGEANT CANDIDATE

Postby poker_man » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:45 am

You set this standard obviously after Catriona Gray won, who is also a pageant veteran. Also, someone like Pia Wurtzbach could have read and followed your advice on her first attempt but she never quit and eventually claimed the crown on her third year. Both of them have trained very hard for this, Catriona, especially, since she prepared so damn hard for every single thing, from her jewelry, to her advocacy, to the videos in her Instagram accounts, etc. Obviously, her answers do not sound memorized, because English is her native language, but any pageant veteran can tell that she has her own techniques in preparation.

Some of the things written here are true, in Pinoy standards. Pinoys will always love candidates who are well-bred, but the thing is, pageant girls are mostly impoverished girls, how do you expect them to stop following their dreams?
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am
Location: New York City
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 462
Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

Previous

Return to Help Desk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology