UNOLOGY'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 POST ARRIVAL HOTPICKS

UNOLOGY'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 POST ARRIVAL HOTPICKS

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Well, it’s the time of the year when pageant fans are glued and carefully observing and following every candidates.

And of course, me and my Miso friends are also active in sharing our thoughts even before their arrival in Thailand.

In fact, in our pre-arrival prediction, we had Philippines, South Africa, Colombia, USA, and Canada as our top 5.

But this thread is dedicated solely about my own observations prior to the preliminary competition and the finals. And with Miss Universe sticking to their format just like year, I can feel that another continental bloodbath is likely to happen especially with regions and continents with many competitive and gorgeous girls.

So let me do this per regions/continents first:

THE AMERICAS

As I mentioned earlier, “bloodbath” is the name of the game. Caribbean, North and South America are all battling for five slots. And we all know how hungry, and competitive these girls are. In 2005, four from the top 5 were Latinas, while the winner came from North America, making that year alone ( which was also held in Thailand) as a complete domination from the region of Americas. Will it be a repeat this year?

America's CROWN CONTENDERS

Canada

In 2005, Thailand hosted Miss Universe for the second time. And though it was a Latina domination, Natalie Glebova emerged victorious. Will it be history repeats itself this year? Truthfully, I am a big fan of Marta Magdalena Stepein. When I think of a goddess, I think her image is the one that I’ll picture inside my head. Plus, she has this gorgeous body and perhaps has the best body this year. Just like Natalie(Russian), she is of European origin (Polish), so no wonder why she is really stunning. Again, just like Natalie, Marta can very win it all. This year, she placed as runner up at the Reinado Internacional del Café. Marta represented her country in the 2017 Miss International but was unplaced. In 1992, Dayanara Torres (Puerto Rico) was also sent to Miss International, but her victory came in 1993 when she was sent at Miss Universe and winning the title that year. Will it be the same luck for Martha?

USA

One thing I like about Sarah Rose Summers is the fact that she is very marketable. There is this very enticing charisma in her that I love. Plus, I like her beauty. Yes, she may not be tall but she is compensating it with her eloquence, confidence and charisma, which I think very important for an ambassador like Miss Universe. USA has 8 Miss Universe wins, and sadly two of them departed this year. Six Miss Universe winners are still alive, and who knows, Sarah Rose can tie it up with Venezuela's seven very alive Miss Universe queens. In fact, Sarah even fits very well in the IMG/MUO prototype.

Puerto Rico

Big favorite from this region, my friends from Puerto Rico are looking forward for their big comeback at the Miss Universe stage after not placing for four consecutive years. But this time, Kiara Liz Ortega is indeed making waves. That Thai Silk Fashion Show, I myself put her at my number one slot as she delivered it amazingly. Gorgeous face indeed, plus she has a nice and inspiring story to share. Overall, she is indeed a threat for the crown and who knows; she can be Puerto Rico's sixth Miss Universe winner (1970, 1985, 1993, 2001, 2006).

Colombia

If there is one girl from South America that I am confident will place, definitely, it is Valeria Morales as I know she is aware that the pressure is very high after four consecutive years of Top 3 finish for her country, and twice of it was as first runner up. While everyone are doubting about her capabilities, that one shoot the other week convinced me that yes, this Reina is serving it. She truly knows when to peak and I just can't wait to see her setting the stage on fire come finals night.

Mexico

Another frontrunner from this region that had been wowing many pageant experts since her coronation in Mexico is Andrea Toscano which in my eyes is indeed a Mexican goddess. She is fully aware that the stakes are even higher now for her as Vanessa Ponce de Leon managed to make history as the first and only Mexican to have won the very elusive Miss World crown. India in 1994 and 2000 managed to win both crowns, so it is also very possible to pull off this win as Andrea is indeed very beautiful. So far, I like the fact that just like Venezuela, they are trying to downplay her game. Same strategy that worked with Demi Leigh last year and with Iris in 2016 by staying low key, and suddenly surprised everyone in the finals. To date, Mexico has two winners at Miss Universe (1991, 2010).

America's SILENT ASSASSINS

Venezuela

If you are counting out Sthefany Gutierrez in your list, it only proves that you really haven't learned much about these Venezuelan queens who always deliver at the Miss Universe stage. Three former International Queens from Venezuela are the National Directress of their organization and I must say, Gabriela Isler really knows how to play this game. In 2013, her win was indeed a pleasant surprise. And who knows, Sthefany herself might have the same bag of tricks. And oh, did you see her in the Welcome gala? She made that red carpet her very own runway as she entered the room like a pro. Bravo!

Peru

Romina Lozano is indeed a girl to watch out for. She competed in the Elite Model Look Peru 2016 but was unsuccessful. Yet, she is a model who tried her luck in the pageant world and find her niche with success. For three consecutive years, IMG and the MUO are crowing countries with decades of gap from their wins. Peru scored their one and only Miss Universe crown in 1957 via Gladys Zender. And it has been 61 long years now. Will Romina be the one to bring this honor back? Why not, as this girl is indeed hungry to score a win.

El Salvador

Maristela de Montecristo is definitely someone we shouldn't ignore. Winner of the 2013 Nuestra Belleza Latina, she has proven that she is indeed a performer onstage. That NC presentation alone, she indeed was very impressive. A girl to watch out for indeed.

Ecuador

Also an alumni from Miss World (2014), Virginia Limongi is one of the early favorites as she indeed is very beautiful. In addition, we all saw a major improvement with her, and we can really feel how much she is thirsty for a win. In fact, she trained under the team behind Pia Wurtzbach's win in the Philippines. Rest assured, this girl is really up for something big that might surprise us all. In 2016, she placed in the top 15 from the Top Model of the World Competition.

Curacao

First runner up at the Reina Hispanoamericana 2017, Akisha Albert is indeed adding this wonderful Caribbean flavor in the competition making it really hard to decide who will be the five girls to move on from this region. In my eyes, I can see this Venus Raj vibe in her. And during the NC presentation, she reminded me of a real Wakanda queen - regal, effortless and very sophisticated. Kudos. In 2014, Akisha represented Curacao at Miss Earth but was unplaced.

EUROPE

I must say, this continent is very close to my heart because I have seen many naturally beautiful ladies coming from this place. Those yes, they are not the most flashy and loud, yet I know they delivered a presentation that are more classy, some edgy, and some less pageant patty.

So who among these girls are to watch for?

Europe's CROWN SPOILERS

Great Britain

With such amazing story as the first black Miss Great Britain Universe, Dee Ann Kentish Rogers, truly this lass is creating buzz even prior to her arrival in Thailand. She is a graduate of law from the University of Birmingham, as well as being a beauty queen and a barrister. She is also an accomplished athlete, having competed in the 2014 Commonwealth Games and has Anguillan heritage who often spends her time between the UK and the British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean. In the history of Miss Universe, no British has ever won Miss Universe and with the current trend and surprises from IMG and MUO, we will not be surprised if Dee Ann will finally bring home the elusive crown.

Malta

What about having a weak sash? Namibia in 1992 and Botswana in 1999 proved that a not so well-known country in the pageant world can win Miss Universe. And from time to time, we see girls with weak sashes making it in the finals. This year, one consistent girl is Malta's Francesca Mifsud. Since her winning the national competition, we have followed her posts and can truly deny that she is indeed bringing that gorgeous mediterranean flavor.

Spain

Bold move indeed. Yes, the most controversial candidate this year is indeed one of the major threat for the crown. Angela Ponce will forever be remembered as the first transgender Miss Spain to have set foot in the Miss Universe stage. Equipped with her inspiring story and journey for inclusion and acceptance, she is indeed has a fair chance in winning it all and probably the first Miss Universe winner who is not a naturally born woman.

European SILENT KILLERS

Belgium

Runner up to Angel Pua, this 18-year-old Belgian, Zoé Brunet, won the title “Miss World Cup 2018” at the beauty contest in that was held in Germany’s Europa Park Rust a few days before the championship’s opening. Though she was just a replacement, indeed we can see that she can actually place because of her very appealing beauty, a gorgeous body, and she’s always looking fresh and very personable.

Switzerland

Another queen I like is Jastina Doreen Riederer, who in my eyes is giving me the millennial version of the late Monica Spears (Miss Universe 2005 4th runner up from Venezuela). During the Thai Silk fashion show, she wowed me, and during the NC presentation, she was like a Victoria Secret model. Yes, she is not as hyped like the other girls, but as for me, she is indeed a dark horse to watch out for. And damn, she is truly a breath of fresh air.

Denmark

From the 2016 Miss World batch, Helena Hauser is one queen whom we truly adore. Mind you, her beauty is undeniable and at times reminds me of Miss Universe 2002 (dethroned) Oxana Federova.

AFRICA, ASIA, OCEANIA

Another region that is likely to suffer big time is the AFRICA ASIA OCEANIA group. Let's accept the fact that the Asians this year are very competitive and well-prepared. But, these three continents are facing a bloodbath for only five spots in the finals. If they are lucky, probably two more from the wildcard is coming from this group. So perhaps in the Top 20, only seven out of these girls will move forward and continue their journey in their quest for the Miss Universe crown.

The SHOWDOWN FOR THE CROWN (Asia Africa Ocenia)

South Africa

A back to back win is always possible as it happened in 2009 with two very deserving Venezuelan queens. This year, South Africa is yet again sending a very deserving queen. Tamaryn Green knows that there is indeed pressure to pull this win. But, she is naturally gorgeous, a good speaker, amazing skin tone, and that exotic look is really a knock out. Melinda Bam, her ND is probably trying to downplay their game lately, but surely, we know that Tamaryn will deliver a great fight come finals night.

Australia

Francesca Hung is another favorite of mine as she is indeed a breath of fresh air. Born to a Chinese-Australian father and an Irish-Australian mother, Francesca is an actress and a model in Australia. This perhaps reason why she fits the Miss Universe prototype - personable, confident, a good speaker, and exudes this charismatic beauty. Truthfully, just by looking at her, I am actually becoming speechless. Truly, she is indeed a very strong contender for the crown.

Philippines

To be tagged as "The ONE to BEAT" is tough as everyone is closely watching you. But, Catriona Gray is a league of her own. She is truly driven, dedicated, hungry and very passionate for this win. In the history of Miss Universe Philippines, she is indeed the most prepared and she truly worked hard for it. In 2016, the world witnessed how she fought her hardest. That alone can very well speak to her caliber, that's why she has a very huge fanbase, not just Filipinos but also foreigners who are also supporting her with this journey. Indeed, as a pageant expert, I am privileged to have seen and experienced the Catriona Gray phenomenon. Truly, she is beautiful from inside and out, and I believe that she will be a great Miss Universe.

Vietnam

A lot of people are actually predicting her as this year's pleasant surprise. H'Hen Niê is sporting this beautiful short hair that makes her very distinctive. She is currently the first and only Miss Universe Vietnam titleholder to be of an ethnic minority which can work on her benefit as she can be the voice of the many minorities in the world. Vietnam has not yet scored a Miss Universe win but H'Hen Niê is determined to bring such honor to her country.

Thailand

As a host delegate, Sophida Kanchanarin is truly up for the task especially in proving the world that she is indeed driven in scoring their third win at Miss Universe. One of her strengths is her educational background as she is a graduated Business Administration from the University of Nevada, with a degree in Finance. Since Miss Universe this year is about women empowerment, she once mentioned in one of her interviews about her being the youngest female manager in male-dominated industries like Finance and Investment Banking industry. That as a Thai woman, she is proud to have undertaken big challenge and hopes to advocate professional credibility in female leadership, equal pay and the gender pay gap. This year, it will be the third time Thailand is hosting. In both 1992 and 2005, Thailand failed to place. So there is indeed a huge pressure for Sophida to place and make her country proud. Well, Thailand has been a gracious host, and Sophida is ready to shine come prelims and finals night.

The WILDCARDS (Asia Africa Ocenia)

Lebanon

Maya Reaidy is also expected by many experts to place. As a student in the American University of Beirut, we can observe that unlike other Miss Lebanon winners, she can really express herself well and she’s less timid. She also speaks four languages fluently : English, Arabic, French and Russian as her mother is Russian. This explains why she is indeed very beautiful. Plus, former Miss USA Rimah Fakih is her National Director, so I can sense they are brewing a surprise come prelims and finals night. The only Miss Universe win from Lebanon was in 1971 via Georgina Rizk. Will she finally end the more than four decades of drought? Let's wait and see.

Nepal

As I mentioned before, Nepal this year should be the recipient of the ¨Breakthrough "Performer of the Year"", as they are sending beautiful and very intelligent girls this year. Manita Devkota is also a very promising queen that is equipped with undeniable beauty. She has been a Dean's lister for seven semesters straight at the East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina USA where she completed her degree in Public Health. That credential alone is a testimony that this girl is really someone to watch out for.

Cambodia

Beautiful face indeed. At the Thai Silk Fashion Show, Rern Sinat indeed was flawless. As one of the Davids in the sea of Goliaths, she has proven that with her passion and drive, she can actually be noticed and sure she did it with flying colors. Kudos.

Indonesia

Finally, Sonia Fergina Citra is slowly peaking at this year's competition as she started it slow. In my eyes, she's very polarizing and I felt she's lacking personality. But with her two performances from the Thai Silk and the NC presentation, she is proving me wrong. Now, I am convinced that she can place and put Indonesia back in the Miss Universe race.

Namibia

Another girl from Africa that is winning my votes is Selma Kamanya. She reminds me of Miss Zimbabwe 2000 Corinne Crewe, who placed in the top 10 that year. There is this exquisite charm in Selma that giving me chills. And who knows, maybe Namibia is making a comeback and can surprise as all. Remember in 1992, the first year when Thailand hosted Miss Universe, Michelle McLean won.

Kenya

Awesome presentation in both Thai Silk and NC. Beautiful face indeed and as for me, she is the ultimate dark horse from Africa.

Japan

Miss Universe nowadays is no longer about the most dolled up queen, but it is more about the personality of the girl. Indeed, Yuumi Kato is serving it. I love that she is very charming, very assertive and dynamic. This is what I miss with a Japanese candidate, and she is indeed reminding me of Riyo Mori, full of energy and simply enjoying the competition.

China

A model, Meisu Qin is also a dark horse I am closely watching out. She is in fact a graduate of Bachelors in Math at the University of Alberta in Canada, and from her videos, she is indeed very personable and fluent with English. As a runner up in 2017, she was appointed this year as China's representative which is a wise choice as Meisu seems to be really focused and prepared. Last year, China placed. Miss Universe Organization knows that if they can penetrate the Chinese market, who knows, China will eventually host Miss Universe just like Miss World.

India

Another girl with an inspiring story to share, indeed Nehal Chudasama is an epitome of determination and success. As of now, India is still finding its footings back in the Miss Universe stage. In the 90s, we all witnessed their golden age as year by year India was a strong force at Miss Universe. This year, Nehal is also hungry for a comeback. Both of her Thai Silk and NC presentation are superb. If she will perform equally amazing in the prelims, Nehal indeed might just place in the finals. Truly, she is one of the many competitive and beautiful ladies from Asia racing for a spot in the finals night.

UNOLOGY's POST ARRIVAL RANKINGS

Well, I am still not in favor of the continental format at it limits the number of worthy candidates coming from a particular region. It feels like all these weeks, the post-arrival competition at Miss Universe is between your region or continent first, and it is up to you if you are lucky enough to be chosen as a wildcard, as there is no known criteria on how the MUO is actually choosing for these five wildcard spots. Plus the Americas (Caribbean, North Anerica, and South America) and ASIA AFRICA OCEANIA are having a very tight competition within their respective regions. We will definitely see very deserving ladies not placing at the top 20 for sure.

Here's my post-arrival ranking:

1. PHILIPPINES - an Alpha Female who arrived like a celebrity, equipped with all the goods, and still THE ONE TO BEAT
2. AUSTRALIA - definitely the strongest bet for the crown as she fits like a glove with the current trend of Miss Universe winners
3. SOUTH AFRICA - exotic, very appealing and confidently beautiful in her own skin
4. CANADA - one word, goddess
5. PUERTO RICO - favorite by the organization to win

6. COLOMBIA
7. VIETNAM
8. THAILAND
9. USA
10. VENEZUELA
11. MEXICO
12. PERU
13. SWITZERLAND
14. GREAT BRITAIN
15. CURACAO

16. NEPAL
17. SPAIN
18. JAPAN
19. MALTA
20. BELGIUM

21. ECUADOR
22. INDIA
23. INDONESIA
24. CHINA
25. NAMIBIA

26. EL SALVADOR
27. KENYA
28. NORWAY
29. CAMBODIA
30. NIGERIA

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 POST ARRIVAL HOTPICKS

Postby pinoy_dude24 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 am

I agreed! :=p
pinoy_dude24
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pinoy Dude
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1981
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Tourist
Hobbies/Interests: Nothing

Postby Miss Universe Latinas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am

MY TOP 10 FOR NOW:

Miss Universe Latinas
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Branny
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Blogger
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Blogger

Postby lui-gwapo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 am

How'd you know that Puerto Rico is the favorite of Miss Universe Organization? Is it just your opinion?? If there is a reliable source for you to say that...then so be it.

Please clarify.

:!! :!! :!!

Miss Philippines Catriona Gray, Future Miss Universe 2018?? I say YYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!
lui-gwapo

Real Life Name/Nick: Luig
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1983
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Cars & Outdoors

Postby goddessoxana27 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:21 am

Kudos!!!

Good to read and agree more!
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm

lui-gwapo wrote:How'd you know that Puerto Rico is the favorite of Miss Universe Organization? Is it just your opinion?? If there is a reliable source for you to say that...then so be it.

Please clarify.

A friend of mine is a ND, and that person has shared me some details. So what if Kiara is a favorite? Within the competition, people talks. And there are many qualities in her that makes people to like her. If she wins, I will not be questioning the org as Miss Universe now is like applying for the job of Miss Universe, and these people really have a say. In addition, this ND also asked me to post a message and remind some (not all) of the fans to stop bashing and be respectful as the MUO and the other NDs are also watching live streamings and other fb or ig live and they can read your posts too.

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Stoichio » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Hmmmmm.... has Miss Universe been infiltrated by cheating witches like Miss World already??? =b =b 8-}

Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby lutosfeet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:
lui-gwapo wrote:How'd you know that Puerto Rico is the favorite of Miss Universe Organization? Is it just your opinion?? If there is a reliable source for you to say that...then so be it.

Please clarify.

A friend of mine is a ND, and that person has shared me some details. So what if Kiara is a favorite? Within the competition, people talks. And there are many qualities in her that makes people to like her. If she wins, I will not be questioning the org as Miss Universe now is like applying for the job of Miss Universe, and these people really have a say. In addition, this ND also asked me to post a message and remind some (not all) of the fans to stop bashing and be respectful as the MUO and the other NDs are also watching live streamings and other fb or ig live and they can read your posts too.

Nina and friends are also guilty of this, imagine that hag is bashing our queen from 2016 onwards #:-S #:-S #:-S #:-S.. she should be reprimanded as well not just pinoys..
lutosfeet
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Rocker
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing

Postby e_maris » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Great job and presentation, you're always one of the experts here who gives the most effort and dedication in doing your analysis. I think all is on point and very realistic.

As to what you said about my girl Kiara being the favorite of the Miss Universe org, I don't know how much that can be true, but I am certain that if she ever wins that crown, it's because she gave it all and was the best. She's demonstrated already that she CAN be the best on stage when performing, but only the moment of truth will say.
e_maris

Date of Birth: 02 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Ambassador
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Sports, Arts.

Postby chinchansoo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Solid Top 5. I will replace PR with USA tho.
chinchansoo

Real Life Name/Nick: Chin Chan Soo Paweekhan
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Profession: Director
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: You are soo China

Postby kirina urduja » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:57 am

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->
kirina urduja

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1982
Profession: -----
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: -----

Postby lucy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:45 am

PUERTO RICO HAS THE WINNING AURA AND SHE'S A GODDESS! :hx , SO IT'S NOT SURPRISING IF SHE WINS! :)>- :=p
lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby tristanjosh » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 am

:=p :=p :!! :O) :!! :=p :=p
Good job!
Mabuhay! Goodluck Miss Philippines and All the best To All The Candidates of Miss Universe !
tristanjosh
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 28 Dec 1985
Profession: .
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby prowazekii » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

catrioma Gray, will do a michelle mclea,angela viser and mple kwalagobe... cheated at Ms world but won Ms Universe
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
prowazekii

Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

Return to Miss Universe