In defense of the parlor gay

Postby HARAYA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 am

Copied in verbatim from GMA News Online. Thought of sharing this here.

by Leloy Claudio

I’ve read numerous op-eds that have attempted to dispel so-called misconceptions about Filipino gay men. Inevitably, these pieces end up making a similar point: they claim that not all gay men act like parloristas. This is, of course, an empirical fact; for every contemporary manifestation of 80s-era Kuya Dick, you get a konyo gay bro in skinny jeans.

Nonetheless, I wonder why so many people within the gay community are hell-bent on distancing themselves from parlor gays, or, at the very least, creating distinctions between them and what some consider “modern” incarnations of the homosexual. This, to me, has always begged the question: what’s wrong with the parlor gay?

An intelligent, middle-class gay friend once told me that the parlorista is a barrier to the mainstreaming of LGBT rights. The parlorista, he explained, reflects a version of homosexuality that Philippine society finds hard to accept: he/she is loud and threatening to straight men (heaven forbid; nanggagapang ang mga yan at nagpapa-pera sa mga papa!).

More importantly, he added, he objected to the Pinoy bakla’s habit of acting like a girl. Gay men, apparently, should act like men. Otherwise, they can just become trannies. In this cosmology, Neil Patrick Harris—the gay man who plays a business douche—becomes the platonic ideal of modern male homosexuality.

Since my conversation with this friend, I’ve met other people who share his views (I also admit to harboring an instinctive, though unarticulated, version of this thinking when I was in high school).

The anti-parlorista logic is wonky. In effect, it says that ending discrimination against LGBTs should be premised on the creation of another kind of discrimination. The act of distancing one’s self from the parlor bakla— “I am not like the parlorista; I am not an effem bakla; I am just like those gays in Queer as Folk!”—easily transforms into a form of denigration. If we’ve learned anything from contemporary cultural theory, it’s that systematic discrimination and exclusion begins with the creation of “others.” The konyo gay man, it seems, has turned the lower class parlor gay into his other.

The leading scholar of queer Manila, Bobby Benedicto, argues that contemporary notions of homosexuality in the Philippines are premised on the exorcising of specters that haunt fantasies of gay modernity. The parlor bakla is not global; he/she is lower class and performs a backward homosexuality; he/she is a bothersome reminder of the fact that queerness in the Philippines is different from the desired queerness of the West.

The fantasy of the modern, Westenized gay man leading the LGBT movement in the Philippines needs to be dispelled. The gay agenda will not be won by the fashionable gay friend that gorgeous women use to cock-block fratmen. There is empirical evidence to prove this.

This year the LGBT partylist Ang Ladlad is running for congress. That you have the option to vote for them is already a success since a bigoted COMELEC once prevented them from running on “moral” grounds. But I’m hoping for more victories for this group. I am a loyal Akbayan member, so my vote goes to my party, but if I could vote twice (as some people do), my second vote would go to Ladlad.

Last week, I bumped into Ladlad’s second nominee, my former English professor Danton Remoto (he denied me an A on my report card, but I love him anyway). I asked a visibly exhausted yet enthusiastic Danton how his party’s campaign was going. He had just been to the parlors organizing their base, he told me. A lot of the campaign’s muscle, he explained, comes from poor baklas working in the country’s many parlors.

These parloristas, when they are not styling hair, are out on the streets, organizing for a party that seeks to end systematic discrimination against the LGBT community. They march for Ladlad, they donate their tips, and they make campaign paraphernalia. Although rich homosexuals do make donations and they also campaign, it is the lower class parlor network that Ladlad relies on. They make the party a genuine grassroots campaign. And it is the grassroots support that makes Ladlad a genuine force for progressive change.

The successes of the LGBT movement, as such, will be contingent on parlor baklas, not the burgis gays who write op-eds distancing themselves from them. It is, after all, the lower class, the grassroots, that has the biggest stake in making things better for the majority of Filipinos. That has always been the case in most, if not all, struggles for liberation. It will also be the case for the LGBT struggle. – GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/29 ... parlor-gay

HARAYA
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Writer-Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants, Music, Journalism
Message: Missosology Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER

Re: In defense of the parlor gay

Postby HARAYA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 am

I agree with the writer. By distancing themselves from the so-called "parlor gays", these "modern gays" create a new type of discrimination. It defeats the purpose of what they are pushing for: equality among genders.
HARAYA

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Writer-Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants, Music, Journalism
Message: Missosology Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER

Postby kwanloong » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 am

AngHaraya wrote:
I agree with the writer. By distancing themselves from the so-called "parlor gays", these "modern gays" create a new type of discrimination. It defeats the purpose of what they are pushing for: equality among genders.

exactly! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

Gay men have a choice. Either you will be straight-acting or the "parlor type" (sorry, dont know the exact opposite). Instaed of p sensationalizing this demarcation, we should uphold freedom of choice in the gay community.
kwanloong
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1986
Profession: wanderer..LOL
Hobbies/Interests: cooking, eating
Message: Though I'm no longer a virgin...there's still innocence in me! :-)

Postby albertcal » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 am

THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT TOLERATE AS WELL...

EFFEM,DISCREET,ETC... WHY ARE WE LABELING?

I HATE DISCRIMINATION BUT I HATE DISCRIMINATION AMONG THE LGBT COMMUNITY EVEN MORE.

AT THE END OF THE DAY ALL GAY MEN WANT DICK.

IF WE WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO ACCEPT US WE SHOULD ACCEPT OURSELVES AND NOT TRY AND CREATE A HIERARCHY
"the standard of beauty is not definite,we define it."-shamcey supsup

albertcal

Real Life Name/Nick: albert
Date of Birth: 17 Jan 1992
Profession: fashion student/intern
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading,writing,drawing

Postby ambivalent_2003 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 am

i think there is a misconception here. the distancing by gays and straights alike from parloristas is not much because they are parloristas. it is because of the reputation (save for the good ones) that some parloristas created for themselves. when they are fighting for their man, they are not embarrassed to go on a shouting match in public places against their rival to their man's heart. they can blurt out the most "bastos" and scandalous words just to humiliate their rival to their man's heart. they can even go wrestling in the streets for their man.
ambivalent_2003
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: nature tripping

Postby Warren III » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 am

kwanloong wrote:
AngHaraya wrote:

I got the point here because I also don't like the term "parlorista" for it is really a pure prejudice.. But then, I understand these "modern" gays because we can't also get the thing that we lobby for if these uncivilized gays don't know the boundary between being opinionated or assertive and being loud or "kulang sa pansin". This behavior reinforces the negative image that people think about the gay community..therefore causing the abhorrence of these "modern gays" to their fellow members.
Warren III
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Warren Kenneth Worthington III
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Ambassador of Goodwill
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Spreading world peace and equality. :)
Message: The mind needs books as a sword needs a wetstone, if it is to keep its edge.

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

Because majority of Filipino Gays are the most homophobic. FACT. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) Mga ipokrita. =;)) =;)) =;))
LADY WINTER
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: LADY WINTER
Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1973
Profession: Head Bitch In Charge
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants and Movies

Postby SINCHAN SHOE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 am

I get intimidated, uneasy and uncomfortable with them,.. sorry.. :| :| :| karamihan ehh walang respeto sa sarili,, mababaw lang ang pangarap sa buhay.. yes, im a bit homophobic..,,.. :-O :-O :-O
SINCHAN SHOE

Real Life Name/Nick: JAMES
Date of Birth: 22 Sep 1990
Profession: Engineer, Professional Adult Phone Entertainer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Many to mention

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 am

albertcal wrote:
I HATE DISCRIMINATION BUT I HATE DISCRIMINATION AMONG THE LGBT COMMUNITY EVEN MORE.
IF WE WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO ACCEPT US WE SHOULD ACCEPT OURSELVES AND NOT TRY AND CREATE A HIERARCHY

Porke ba nakapag-aral, mayaman, may breeding at kung anu-ano pang superlatives, adjectives diyan ang mga ibang bakla, kung maka-mata naman sa mga parlorista, diring-diri. Pare-pareho din namang berde ang hasang. Magkakaiba lang tayo ng mga paraan kung paano mag-express ng kabaklaan pero ang bottomline, mga bakla pa rin naman. Kapwa mga bakla, nagiging prejudiced, discriminatory at bigots din sa isa't-isa. Ha ha ha ha. Nakakalorka.

Mas gugustuhin ko pang mapalibutan ng mga parloristang bakla na malaki ang naitutulong sa beauty industry at mga magulang kesah naman sa mga bakalang walang ibang inisip kundi ang mga sarili nila.
LADY WINTER

Postby PoosieMulachi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:10 pm

MISS MINCHIN wrote:
albertcal wrote:

Porke ba nakapag-artista al, mayaman, may breeding at kung anu-ano pang superlatives, adjectives diyan ang mga ibang bakla, kung maka-mata naman sa mga parlorista, diring-diri. Pare-pareho din namang berde ang hasang. Magkakaiba lang tayo ng mga paraan kung paano mag-express ng kabaklaan pero ang bottomline, mga bakla pa rin naman. Kapwa mga bakla, nagiging prejudiced, discriminatory at bigots din sa isa't-isa. Ha ha ha ha. Nakakalorka.

a.

Manay Minchin, ang Guntin, suklay at Makeup kit mo naghihintay pagbalik mo ng pinas
" I have never met such a glamorous Filipino.... " - Tlim7193
PoosieMulachi

Real Life Name/Nick: Dev
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1992
Profession: Blogging
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, Blogging, shopping, Gym

Postby ambivalent_2003 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm

MISS MINCHIN wrote:
albertcal wrote:

Porke ba nakapag-aral, mayaman, may breeding at kung anu-ano pang superlatives, adjectives diyan ang mga ibang bakla, kung maka-mata naman sa mga parlorista, diring-diri. Pare-pareho din namang berde ang hasang. Magkakaiba lang tayo ng mga paraan kung paano mag-express ng kabaklaan pero ang bottomline, mga bakla pa rin naman. Kapwa mga bakla, nagiging prejudiced, discriminatory at bigots din sa isa't-isa. Ha ha ha ha. Nakakalorka.

Mas gugustuhin ko pang mapalibutan ng mga parloristang bakla na malaki ang naitutulong sa beauty industry at mga magulang kesah naman sa mga bakalang walang ibang inisip kundi ang mga sarili nila.

madam minchin, maghunos-dili ka. san naman banda ang parlor mo? bakit inaamin mo bang basagulera ka? :) :)>- di bale ibitin naten ng patiwarik ang mga bakalang yan. chura nila, mga echusera.
ambivalent_2003

Postby beautywatchnyc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't put labels on gay people. I take each gay person for what he or she is worth, nothing less, nothing more. To each his own. Lahat naman tau me kakayahan. Lahat din tau me kakulangan sa sarili. Everyone has a story to tell, if we only care to listen. Kanya-kanyang palakad sa sariling pamumuhay. We're all the same. We laugh, we cry. We're sad at times, we try to be happy most of the time. Kanya kanyan ring pananaw sa buhay. Tau lang naman ang nag co complicate by assigning labels by creating unnecessary hierarchy among ourselves. I think we should take each other for what stuff we're made. Everyone has a worth. Every one has a life to keep. Everyone struggles one way or the other. Every one aspires to be happy. That doesn't make the parlorista gay different from any one else. All else considered, just like you and me, he or she is human and no one can take that basic right away from him/her. Just my rambling thoughts.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby lazy_ace » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

[size=150]Degrading others will not make you a superior one...
pero minsan hindi mo rin masisi yung iba kasi pag nilait ang mga bakla eh "in general" kumbaga damay damay na. aminin naten na some gays are fond of making eksena to the extent of making fun of themselves and some are even involved into stealing. notion na ng iba na pag bakla eh mukhang pera, manloloko sa costumer or even magnanakaw nga , magaling makipag away at chismosa.. masakit sabihin pero may mga ganito naman kasi talaga. totoo naman kasi eh. yun nga lang pag nilabel na, BAKLA na ang tawag nung iba..

ibang issue naman na yung discrimination within members of LGBT themselves. yung iba naman kai liks na feelingera lng... hahaha remember, "the more you point how less they are as a person reflects how less you are as a human..." :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* .
[/size]
lazy_ace

Real Life Name/Nick: ace_of_the_game
Date of Birth: 22 Dec 1992
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing

Postby kengalleros » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:09 pm

The thought of prejudice among gays dubbed generally or shall I say labelled by many as "parloristas" is actually a social concept. Most of the gays in our country who are more exposed to the mass are the ones we call "parloristas". With that said, majority (since a lot belong to "masa") will label gays as "parloristas". But this is not an issue of some kinda job labeling. the term "parlorista" is the ATTITUDE. Whoever you are as a person does not make you less as one. Your actions, your way of living, your respect to other people and most especially your respect to yourself make you being labeled as a "parlorista". People treat you the way you treat them and yourself. The term "parlorista" is synonymous to "palengkera", "chismosa" and whatnot.

Hence, prejudice does not come from the people. It comes from ourselves. Umayos! Mag-behave! Magkaroon ng respeto sa sarili. Kasi kahit you work in a parlor, or in an office or an executive, kung asal "parlorista" ka, talagang parlorista ka.
kengalleros

Date of Birth: 05 Jan 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: ESL Specialist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Making Out

Postby irahhh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Congrats to all the winners!
Guidotti-Janson-Santiago-Shah-Sison-Lehman
irahhh

Date of Birth: 28 Aug 1978
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Ask Me
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Yoga, Freeweights, Fashion, etc.

Postby ambivalent_2003 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm

lazy_ace wrote:[size=150]Degrading others will not make you a superior one...
pero minsan hindi mo rin masisi yung iba kasi pag nilait ang mga bakla eh "in general" kumbaga damay damay na. aminin naten na some gays are fond of making eksena to the extent of making fun of themselves and some are even involved into stealing. notion na ng iba na pag bakla eh mukhang pera, manloloko sa costumer or even magnanakaw nga , magaling makipag away at chismosa.. masakit sabihin pero may mga ganito naman kasi talaga. totoo naman kasi eh. yun nga lang pag nilabel na, BAKLA na ang tawag nung iba..

ibang issue naman na yung discrimination within members of LGBT themselves. yung iba naman kai liks na feelingera lng... hahaha remember, "the more you point how less they are as a person reflects how less you are as a human..." :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* .
[/size]

making fun of themselves - this is so true. if only gays can conduct themselves with pride and dignity, no one will or no one has the right to put one down. we are what we make of ourselves. life is what we make it.
ambivalent_2003

Postby waimanalo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

It's true that gay is gay. The gray line draws on the attitude. Respect one self and others will give you back the same respect. It's how you groom yourself and I'm not talking only in regards to dressing up. It's how you represent yourself as an individual. To be working in a parlor is fine and really admirable vocation. It's the attitude that goes with it that's not acceptable. At work nobody will bash you if you conduct yourself properly. It's not trying to set yourself apart from parlor people. It's what other people think of you as a person.

There are times it's okay to be funny yet you have to know when to stop and act like a real decent person when it's needed.
It's all about balance. It's also a choice to act like one just be ready for the consequences.
waimanalo

Real Life Name/Nick: andre
Date of Birth: 31 May 1969
Profession: Advertising Exec
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: swimming ,, outdoors sports

Postby PILYO » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

There are effeminate gays were I live, but I'm not sure if we have the equivalent term for parlor gay or parlorista. I go to my local Supercuts--a chain of hair salon all over the US--to have a haircut once a month. The guy who cuts my hair regularly is a flaming/flamboyant young gay guy with blue hair tied in a ponytail. He goes by the name of Robbie. He can be a bit loud at times, flirtatious, exuberant, gossip-y even. But most of all, he is a very talented cutter..so talented that he's worth every penny of the $20 that I tip him. He makes me laugh every time, and always offers me a glass of iced tea--how's that for making a costumer feel special?. He jokes that he has a big crush on me, something that I take in jest. I'm not averse to gay men who are effeminate (or "nelly") and flirtatious, but I draw the line when they suddenly start touching my privates. I'm not particularly a prude, but it makes me feel uncomfortable and, well, violated. I think it's unprofessional, too. This has happened to me in the past, but not with Robbie in the few times that I went to him for a haircut. I guess what I'm driving at is I don't care if one is a parlorista , as long as he treats people with respect then I'm fine with it. I think people should practice a level of professionalism and decorum regardless of their sexual preference--parlorista or not. Conversely, people should be more tolerant of how other people want to express themselves.
#staystrongbillyraycyrus
PILYO
PAGEANT SCHOLARS are critical thinkers with profound knowledge on pageantry.
PAGEANT SCHOLARS are critical thinkers with profound knowledge on pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: esteban
Date of Birth: 27 Sep 1976
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Retail and Rental Business
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: medicine, films, cuisine, travel, languages, music

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 pm

PoosieMulachi wrote:
MISS MINCHIN wrote:
albertcal wrote:

Porke ba nakapag-artista al, mayaman, may breeding at kung anu-ano pang superlatives, adjectives diyan ang mga ibang bakla, kung maka-mata naman sa mga parlorista, diring-diri. Pare-pareho din namang berde ang hasang. Magkakaiba lang tayo ng mga paraan kung paano mag-express ng kabaklaan pero ang bottomline, mga bakla pa rin naman. Kapwa mga bakla, nagiging prejudiced, discriminatory at bigots din sa isa't-isa. Ha ha ha ha. Nakakalorka.
a.

Manay Minchin, ang Guntin, suklay at Makeup kit mo naghihintay pagbalik mo ng pinas

Gandang Ricky Reyes lang devah ??? =;)) =;)) =;))
LADY WINTER

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:18 pm

ambivalent_2003 wrote:
MISS MINCHIN wrote:
albertcal wrote:

madam minchin, maghunos-dili ka. san naman banda ang parlor mo? bakit inaamin mo bang basagulera ka? :) :)>- di bale ibitin naten ng patiwarik ang mga bakalang yan. chura nila, mga echusera.

How I wish na meron akong parlor sa Pinas. Hi hi hi hi. Actually, mabibilang ko nga lang sa daliri ang mga kakilala kong mga parlorista. Noong una, napapataas na lang ang kilay ko kaseh ano ba yan - mahaharot, maiingay, ang kakapal ng fez, ang sagwa tignan kaseh nakadamit babae. I learned to be tolerant of them kaseh that's the way they are. Dati nga, I don't want to be associated with them kaseh nga magkaiba kami ng mga social norms in public. Because in the end, nirerespeto naman din nila kung paano ako kumilos. And hindi naman nila ako ini-influence na kumilos katulad nila.
LADY WINTER

Postby PoosieMulachi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 pm

MISS MINCHIN wrote:
PoosieMulachi wrote:
MISS MINCHIN wrote:
albertcal wrote:

a.

Gandang Ricky Reyes lang devah ??? =;)) =;)) =;))

miss Minchin as Mama Ricky! Now that's a visual feast for the eyes!!! :hx
PoosieMulachi

Postby shank le roux » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 am

marami akong friends na taga parlor..they are fun to be with pero maantig ka rin sa mga life stories nila...
shank le roux

Real Life Name/Nick: lee
Date of Birth: 01 Oct 1983
Profession: fashion consultant
Hobbies/Interests: fashion blogs

Postby kerkosau » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 am

Some gay "closeted" men are too afraid to be near "parloristas". Baka maamoy sila at mabuko ang kanilang sikreto.
kerkosau

Real Life Name/Nick: Alex Gonzales
Date of Birth: 22 Jul 1977
Profession: Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Movies

Postby Chase » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 am

ang hilig ko dati sa mga gay parlorista magpagupit

naaaliw ako sa kanilang conversations

hanggang sa kalaunana eh naintindihan ko na ang kanilang mga er-er languages

hahaha
Chase

Real Life Name/Nick: rick
Date of Birth: 07 Apr 2008
Profession: Freelance Writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: writing

Postby ambivalent_2003 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 am

Chase wrote:ang hilig ko dati sa mga gay parlorista magpagupit

hahaha

so nakarinig ka na ng ang shoyot syoko ug syotin?
ambivalent_2003

Postby Chase » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 am

ambivalent_2003 wrote:

hahaha

sa iyo lang... ikaw na ambi
Chase

Real Life Name/Nick: rick
Date of Birth: 07 Apr 2008
Profession: Freelance Writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: writing

Postby ambivalent_2003 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 am

Chase wrote:
ambivalent_2003 wrote:

hahaha

sa iyo lang... ikaw na ambi

=;))
ambivalent_2003

Postby gatecrasher » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 am

This is so true. When gays have been clamoring for equality and against discrimination, the gays themselves have been discriminating against each other. Sad.
gatecrasher

Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Profession: photographer
Hobbies/Interests: photography

Postby Abraham25 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 am

Leloy Claudio, the author, is a very handsome and intelligent young man. I've seen him during National Debate Championships back in college.

This is him:
Abraham25

Real Life Name/Nick: Phil
Date of Birth: 19 May 1986
Profession: Couch Camote
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Literature, Music and Films

Postby PoosieMulachi » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:11 am

gatecrasher wrote:This is so true. When gays have been clamoring for equality and against discrimination, the gays themselves have been discriminating against each other. Sad.

Clamoring for Equality and against Discrimination has nothing to do with Parlorista in my opinion..... Equal rights means we should be treated as having the same rights under law to our Hetero brothers and Sis.....

I don't prefer to hang out with Flamboyant Parlorista types... Yung maiingay at self absorbed they always like Drama! I don't like that because I'm not like that.... Its a preference..... The Flamboyant Drama Queens are equivalent of Uneducated, Ghetto people
PoosieMulachi

Next

Return to Philippines