An Idea for Femina Miss India 2016; All Stars!

Forum rules
Welcome to the India Section of Missosology Forum. This section is frequently visited by Miss India Officials and ofcourse by Miss Indias themselves.
Further , Many Miss India aspirants who visit the forum are the content of discussion below. In such circumstances the moderators won't allow any kind of bashing or use of abusive language.
Please make sure that your posts are above profanity. Repeated offence may earn you a permanent Ban.

Enjoy !

Disclaimer
1. Owner or Moderators are not responsible for any member's personal comments/behaviours in the community.
2. http://www.missosology.org or http://worldofmissindia.blogspot.com/ does not take responsibilty of the authencity of the information posted by posters. Reader's discretion is advised.
3. This forum is directly affiliated only to I AM SHE org but NOT to the Femina Miss India.
4. The Missosology Miss India Hot Picks are purely a fan based list of favourites which has got NO influence on the final results of the main pageants.

An Idea for Femina Miss India 2016; All Stars!

Postby Jon A » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:28 am

The success of Pia Wurtzbach in Miss Universe makes me wonder why Femina doesn't see a higher re-compete rate! We've already seen some success with girls who have recompeted in Miss India and gone on to success, like Shruti Sharma, Annie Thomas (ok, she didn't make it, but that was a mistake - she was the clear #1 in MW 98), Manasi Moghe etc. We see huge swings every year in the caliber of contestants, and some years, there are girls left out who could easily win in another group or with just a little polish or experience! Especially seeing the horrible caliber of girls auditioning this year, I think that Femina should seriously consider doing a 50-50 split between newbies and girls who have competed before.

So this thread is about girls from recent editions of Miss India/Miss Diva who we would like to see back in Miss India 2016. Like an All-Stars Edition! I've been around pageants for some time now, and I think any of the girls below could compete very strongly for the beautiful blue crown of MW. So I hope someone forwards this thread to Femina!

In random order:

1. Pranati Prakash - I thought this girl could have won last year...she had everything - a very Indian beauty, perfect body, she won Miss Talented, vibrant, bubbly. Remarkable, especially given that it was really only her first pageant. I would love to see her back, she would rock MW! I can't think what went wrong last year, she was just unlucky and raw.

2. Nikhila Nandgopal - ok, while I ended up becoming a Koyal fan for her hard work and stunning dress sense, a lot of people here know that she was never my pick for Miss India in 2014. While she was always going to be a competitive delegate, I felt that she would be tripped up by, well...what she ended up being tripped up by....a lack of vibrance and projection while speaking. Nikhila on the other hand, has this in spades and then some! She is stunning - in some angles, she reminds me of Megan Young, in some others, a young Sridevi. Plus she had an amazing BWP platform, is driven, and has that young, bubbly, chirpy quality that JM likes. Plus she has the #1 attribute of a MW winner - a radiant smile! To quote her, "you can't photoshop your personality!" Her projection is immaculate - she has star presence without making the effort! I would love to see her compete, she could absolutely win Miss India and I am willing to go out on a limb and say that I think the LOWEST she will place at MW is top 5. This is one girl whose inner beauty and charisma will light up her already beautiful face even more!

3. Deeksha Kaushal - still the queen of 2014 in a lot of hearts! Deeksha has the height, the presence, the elegance, the beauty. You can't miss her. And neither will MWO. Her only weakness is that she is a bit too reserved, and when she competed she was very nervous, which really limits her projection. If she can overcome these limitations - and simply having experience can do it, this doe eyed beauty will not only be India's 6th MW, but one of the most beautiful girls ever crowned.

4. TJ Bhanupriya- To me, she is the quintessential Indian beauty. I love this type of look - that heart shaped face, the coffee skin, deep mysterious eyes, long black hair. It is a uniquely Indian look, and TJ has it in spades. In 2014, when she competed, she was my runaway favorite for the crown, and also Ines Ligron's. There is a natural loveliness in Bhanu that I rarely see in girls - she doesn't need makeup and production to look stunning, and on top of it, she has an incredibly vibrant personality and the eloquence of a Sushmita Sen. What she lacked in 2014 was a lobby, a sense of polish (she was positively rustic next to girls like Koyal Rana who were fabulously packaged and well prepared), and real focus. With a couple of years of experience as a model and actress, the former is more or less sorted out, so if she can focus her mind on wanting to win, she will not only walk to the crown but also all the way to the top of MW, in my opinion. This is the type of Indian look westerners love, and Bhanu, like Nikhila has a vibrant, confident, chirpy presence that will make her stand out.

5. Ashwati Ramesh - I always liked this girl a LOT! In 2014, the girls from the south BROUGHT IT and were inexplicably shut out! Ashwati reminds me of a more dusky version of her fellow Bangalorean - Deepika Padukone - she is also tall (5'10"), athletic (a tennis champ vs badminton), has a very similar face! She was, like Bhanupriya, too raw in 2014, and just didn't have the experience or more importantly self belief. Since then, she's walked fashion week, won the Grazia Cover Girl hunt and I think she could make a huge impression at MW! Would absolutely LOVE to see her back! She could be the first Sports winner to be MW! What Ashwati needs to work on is all the other aspects that MW looks for - especially BWP.

6. Hemali Soni - WOW! When I saw this girl in Miss Diva, I was ready to just put the crown on her head and send the rest of the girls home. Yes, yes, I know Urvashi has the Diva written all over her, but if you are looking at natural beauty, Hemali has it - in the same way that Puja Gupta did. She is flat out beautiful, but in a sweet, gentle way and balances that nicely with her personality. A part of me was really happy that she didn't win, and particularly that she didn't become a RU - because I hope she will cross over to Miss India (like her fellow Miss Diva top 5 alumnae, Vartika Singh and Jhatalekha Malhotra) and win! She needs to lose a little weight and work on all the other aspects that MW looks for, but I can see her going very far at MW - she is def better suited to it than Miss Universe!

7. Varsha Gopal - this 6' stunner won Miss Rampwalk at Miss India and while she was too raw to go further there (but should have), like Ashwati, a few years on the India fashion circuit have smoothed out any rough edges. With the right styling, she is definitely a girl who on looks alone will compete for the MW crown. Unlike Hemali, there is nothing "pretty" about Varsha. She is just beautiful, but with an edge that could go either way.

8. Sreeradhe Khanduja - In 2014, beautiful Sreeradhe flew under the radar of most Indian fans, whose only focus was Noyonita Lodh winning. So strong was the Noyo drumbeat (and I was an unabashed fan as well, and continue to be!) that even perfect looking girls like Vartika Singh were ignored. That year, Noyo had what Koyal Rana did when she competed at Miss India - laser focus and excellent physical and mental preparation. Compared to her girls like Vartika and Sreeradhe (and at Miss India - Bhanupriya and Varsha) looked like they had stepped off a bus. But Vartika is proof what a little experience, the right styling and a little polish can do! Sreeradhe may have been overlooked by us, but not by Lara (who loved her and repeatedly mentioned that there was just "something about her") and some of my friends who are NDs of other countries. This Marisa Tomei doppelganger should absolutely come back, with better styling and more focus...and I'd love to see how far she can go! To me, like Hemali, definitely more MW than Miss Universe!

Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Re: An Idea for Femina Miss India 2016; All Stars!

Postby bahe » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:39 am

SEND URVASHI AGAIN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL INDIAN IN PLUTO ,,,,,,,,,,, =b
bahe
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: buras
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1972
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: diver
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: food and sleep

Postby nycla2 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:22 am

bahe wrote:SEND URVASHI AGAIN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL INDIAN IN PLUTO ,,,,,,,,,,, =b

SEND ALL STARS BITCHES TO THE TOILET BOWL TOO HAHAHA ..URVASHI PAVED THE WAY FOR INDIAN CLAPPERS..KARMA IS A BITCH
nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby Jon A » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:58 am

nycla2 wrote:

SEND ALL STARS BITCHES TO THE TOILET BOWL TOO HAHAHA ..URVASHI PAVED THE WAY FOR INDIAN CLAPPERS..KARMA IS A BITCH

f**k off with your shit attitude and useless comments. Don't you need to go praise you spectacular beauty queen because no one else is?
Jon A

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Re: An Idea for Femina Miss India 2016

Postby bdee » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:19 am

Good point! These girls are still eligible to compete in international competitions. I wonder why they aren't rejoining. Maybe they just need a little more encouragement?

This also applies to other countries like Indonesia. There were some real beauties at last year's Puteri that didn't win. Hope they rejoin after seeing Pia win Miss Universe.
Last edited by bdee on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bdee
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 19 Dec 1988
Profession: Researcher
Hobbies/Interests: fashion design
Message: I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.

Postby lunica » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:24 am

Jon A wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

f**k off with your shit attitude and useless comments. Don't you need to go praise you spectacular beauty queen because no one else is?

I'm sorry for their behaviour. God, some Filipinos can be an ass sometimes.

We've already won don't be arrogant fellow Filipino, so shut up!
lunica
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling

Postby lunica » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:26 am

Good idea, bring back the competitiveness of INDIA!
lunica

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling

Postby Dutchess Gummybuns » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:07 am

Good suggestion Jon A! If that will happen next year, I want these to girls to compete! Any of the two could be Miss India Universe based on facial beauty alone!

Jhalateka Malhotra

Deeksha Kaushal
Dutchess Gummybuns

Real Life Name/Nick: A
Date of Birth: 24 Nov 1993
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Books and Bands

Postby rajul_mamarridh31 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:46 am

A very good idea.... :=p
These are my faves...
1. Deeksha Kaushal
2. Jhatalekha Malhotra
3. Hemali Soni (so promising!)
.....BIG FOUR PAGEANTS.....
.....Miss Universe.....Miss World.....Miss Earth.....Miss International.....
(Major and Legit Pageants)
rajul_mamarridh31

Real Life Name/Nick: Jamil
Date of Birth: 31 Jul 1982
Profession: Guru
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Internet Surfing
Message: Appreciate The Beauties of the World. Be Kind....Spread Peace!

Postby phimysharon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:06 pm

THIS LADIES ARE 500 TIMES BETTER THAN THE OLD LOOKING PLAIN JANE PIAAAAAAAAAA ............ AND TO THOSE WHO ARE SUGGESTING OUR GALS ON WHAT TO DO .. DO THE SAME TO YOUR LADIES .. I THINK THAT WILL SUIT YOUR SO CALLLED KIWIEEENIES
phimysharon

Real Life Name/Nick: Phimy
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Music,TV

Postby mybadname » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:30 pm

I concur Jon A. These ladies should be given another chance to compete. They are beautiful and their past experiences could lead to a more matured, ready- to-conquer- the-crown attitude.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby arifdrsajjad » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:23 pm

deeksha n varsha are Miss Universe material,. I think we can safely say Hemali is d star in making whom we discovered this year, probably best highlight of indian pageantry in 2015, her face screams freshness.
#peace
arifdrsajjad

Real Life Name/Nick: sajjad arif
Date of Birth: 20 Sep 1986
Profession: doctor
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: photography

Postby gemsparks » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:27 pm

I miss the eloquence and poetic replies of Miss Indias on Miss Universe stage.India,there is always renaissance. :-*
Majority of pageant critics firing scathingly remarks and unleashing vilest of comments to some candidates,ironically, are not even beautiful themselves aesthetically and worst characterwise.
gemsparks

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Daydreamer
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, Super Mario Bros.
Message: If you could send an anonymous text to yourself 5 years ago what would you write?

Postby ASIAcan210 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:10 pm

nycla2 wrote:

=0 =0 =0 =0 =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) I can't =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
DIE BIATCH!
ASIAcan210

Real Life Name/Nick: Assia
Date of Birth: 12 Feb 1980
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Giving pleasure, Street walker hermaphrodite
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Bondage, S&M

Postby chenes » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi Jon! I'm a fan of Indian beauties! I would love to see Hemali compete in Miss Universe or Miss World! I suggest that Team Miss India focuses on the improvement of presentation skills of their delegates! Urvashi I thought was a shoo-in semfinalist until I saw her overall performance in the prelims. The gown was underwhelming and her runway skills were a bit off. I'm not bashing her... I love Urvashi and I'm a fan of Aishwarya, Sushmita, Priyanka, Dayana and Koyal. I hope India performs well next year!
chenes

Real Life Name/Nick: CK
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1987
Hobbies/Interests: sports, beauty pageant, animation

Postby Pilorectus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:54 pm

WOW, WITH ALL THOSE BEAUTIES, YOU SENT URVASHI TO MISS U? I HONESTLY DON'T GET IT. WAS IT BC YOU GUYS FELT BAD FOR HER? I'M NOT BASHING URVASHI, I THINK SHE LOOKS OK, BUT YOU HAVE SO MANY INDIAN BEAUTIES WHO LOOKED MORE AUTHENTIC AND MUCH FRESHER THAN URVASHI. I REALLY DON'T GET ALL THE GIRLS YOU'VE BEEN SENDING TO MUO FOR THE PAST YEARS. CAN SOMEONE ENGLIGHTEN ME?
Pilorectus

Real Life Name/Nick: Jay
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: slayer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Twerking

Postby Pilorectus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:57 pm

TJ AND PRANATI FOR MISS U. THESE GIRLS ARE VERY RAW, BUT WITH LOTS OF POLISHING AND TRAINING, THEY CAN BE A FORCE TO BE RECKON WITH. JUST MY TWO CENTS.
Pilorectus

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: slayer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Twerking

Postby Pageanaticz » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:03 pm

phimysharon wrote:THIS LADIES ARE 500 TIMES BETTER THAN THE OLD LOOKING PLAIN JANE PIAAAAAAAAAA ............ AND TO THOSE WHO ARE SUGGESTING OUR GALS ON WHAT TO DO .. DO THE SAME TO YOUR LADIES .. I THINK THAT WILL SUIT YOUR SO CALLLED KIWIEEENIES

=;)) :-O =;))

Next time, send a beauty queen not a dancing queen!
Pageanaticz

Date of Birth: 15 Feb 1984
Profession: Consumer Relations Officer
Hobbies/Interests: Everything

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 am

With these choices... I like Deeksha and Hemali the most. But I can also see potential with TJ, Ashwati and Varsha. :=p :=p :=p
Jedi

Real Life Name/Nick: Jedi
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Working student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: ~~~~~
Message: Beauty outside is GOOD, beauty inside is BETTER... but to have them both is for the BEST...

Postby Ecstatic Mortal » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Good post, Jon. My suggestion of for Femina to train the girls selected in 2016 to be sent to various international pageants in 2017 and those selected in 2017 for pageants in 2018 and so on. This year, we could send Hemali, Naveli, Pranati, Varsha, Nikhila, Deeksha and Bhanu to different international pageants.
Under construction!
Ecstatic Mortal

Real Life Name/Nick: Haunty
Date of Birth: 23 Jul 1986
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Thinker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Thinking, observing, analysing and reasoning.

Postby kandolag » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:20 am

agree so many wasted girls; 2014 & 2015 batches were strong, any of these girls could have competed internationally (still can) and win.

MIW - Nikhila, Hemali, Tanya & Pranati 100% should try out, I don't know if they can but I would love for Natasha and Naweli to also join, these two are being completely wasted.

MIU - Deeksha, Ashwati, Varsha, Sushri and Aradhana (I know she won't). Also I would love to see Rashi Yadav and Apoorva from MD 15, these 2 are so raw but I see potential in them maybe they should come back in a year or two.
kandolag

Real Life Name/Nick: gkand87
Date of Birth: 13 Jan 1987
Profession: Financial Admin
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, reading, travelling, watching movies etc

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:16 am

Jon A you have an eye for beauty. I like/agree with all your choices except for Sreeradhe Khanduja. I just don't get the appeal with her.

I'd like to add the following girls to the list.

1) Jantee Hazarika. Dusky complexion + harmonious features. The perfect combination and very Indian looking too.

2) Naveli Deshmukh. She was a favorite amongst many foreigners. And I finally got her appeal during Miss Diva finale, she really does have a beautiful face.

3) Gail Nicole Da Silva. We lost out in 2014.

I only went back like 2 years so like 2015 to 2013. I am sure if we went back further there would be even more wasted beauties, but I feel like they most likely have lost interest.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 am

Also, with Nathalia Kaur not winning Miss Brazil World, does anyone think she would try Miss India? Just a thought. She is 25 according to wikipedia. This would be her last shot. I feel like it would be much easier for her to win Miss India whether she wants to try Femina Miss India or Miss Diva. What do you guys think?

Iknowbeauty

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Return to India