Let's breath and see what went wrong with Urvashi

Forum rules
Welcome to the India Section of Missosology Forum. This section is frequently visited by Miss India Officials and ofcourse by Miss Indias themselves.
Further , Many Miss India aspirants who visit the forum are the content of discussion below. In such circumstances the moderators won't allow any kind of bashing or use of abusive language.
Please make sure that your posts are above profanity. Repeated offence may earn you a permanent Ban.

Enjoy !

Disclaimer
1. Owner or Moderators are not responsible for any member's personal comments/behaviours in the community.
2. http://www.missosology.org or http://worldofmissindia.blogspot.com/ does not take responsibilty of the authencity of the information posted by posters. Reader's discretion is advised.
3. This forum is directly affiliated only to I AM SHE org but NOT to the Femina Miss India.
4. The Missosology Miss India Hot Picks are purely a fan based list of favourites which has got NO influence on the final results of the main pageants.

Let's breath and see what went wrong with Urvashi

Postby atulm1987 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:10 am

It was not easy for me to work for 18 hours on Sunday and then sleep for only an hour before waking up at cold 5:30 AM just to watch my proud representative giving her best shot at Miss Universe, especially after the fiasco at cookery show called Miss world. I really wished this year India will win the universe. As I saw video of Colombia after contest with India consoling her, I noticed her lipstick was not bright which means she listened to us. I felt pathetic but I guess life moves on, she is a known face here and who knows she like miss India 1984 Juhi Chawla might turn out to be more popular than 1984 miss universe. Anywaysy tired brain thought on what could have gone wrong and here is my analysis
1) toooo rehearsed- from miss diva days Lara gave her feedback that Urvashi came across as someone giving took much effort, that action made her less spontaneous. Too be honest if you listen to her audion interview with USA, Philippines, Vietnam you'll see the difference. USA, Philippines appeared so natural, spontaneous, funky and to mee she appeared too much pageant patty but I thought this might be her strategy. Her answers were not very carefully constructed like "what according to you is beauty' etc
2) Styling was another issue, USA was much older than her but she appeared do youthful and Urvashi kinda looked stuck in 1990's
3) Horrible PR- Anyone who follows miss universe knows that prelim scores are kept secret and top 15 are revealed in finale night. Her manager not only gave a false interview that Urvashi had topped both rounds in prelims but also talked about how much happy she is and bla bla....
I am not sure but if had been in place of organizer I wouldn't have liked it. Its misinformation and cheating

Anyways what's gone is gone, I hope Times group brings back Mr. Pradeep Guha. He singlehandedly changed face of Indian pageants and he can do the same

atulm1987
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1987
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading watching pagents
Message: missology provides a platform where we can voice our choices and opinion about these pagents

Re: Let's breath and see what went wrong with Urvashi

Postby luckyahmed » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:04 am

The answer is simple and everyone has said this all along -

*We as Indians have become a bit too arrogant! Why was Urvashi given a wardrobe that didn't really suit her? He styling with the big hair was an issue from day one and yet she appeared in the preliminary with that big dry 90s hair do.
**** Evening Gown! Evening Gown!! Evening Gown!! We need to hire an INTERNATIONAL designer or even buy an off the rack INTERNATIONAL gown from a designer! Urvashi's gown was not form fitting at all. Although more modern a bit risqué if it was just more fitted to her shape, it would have helped!
The only evening gown in recent years that I liked was Noyonita which I am not sure if people noticed but was copied by so many contestants this year!

Let's look for someone with the same spunk and drive like Urvashi, but someone who can be more modern and appealing to the international audience.

Let's see what happens next year!
luckyahmed
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous Ahmed
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Idle
Hobbies/Interests: none to brag

Postby euonty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:27 pm

I think she was overconfident which spoiled her chances. I miss those days back when we had Miss India winners who were confident and spoke well. I actually think girls are not so much interested in Miss India contest or we have a shitty selection system.
euonty

Date of Birth: 12 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: designer
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Postby HowDoYouKnow » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:06 pm

She was the wrong person to send to Miss Universe! Overconfident and bitchy. I feel so bad for Miss Guyana who had to put up with Urvashi's meanness.
HowDoYouKnow

Real Life Name/Nick: Joe
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Bodybuilder
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Exercising

Postby Bad Curtains Galore » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm

India was making the cut until recently, so it's the candidate who's at fault.
Bad Curtains Galore
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zuly
Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1993
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Grad student
Hobbies/Interests: Stealing curtains

Return to India