Wonderful answer to a dreaded question

Forum rules
Welcome to the India Section of Missosology Forum. This section is frequently visited by Miss India Officials and ofcourse by Miss Indias themselves.
Further , Many Miss India aspirants who visit the forum are the content of discussion below. In such circumstances the moderators won't allow any kind of bashing or use of abusive language.
Please make sure that your posts are above profanity. Repeated offence may earn you a permanent Ban.

Enjoy !

Disclaimer
1. Owner or Moderators are not responsible for any member's personal comments/behaviours in the community.
2. http://www.missosology.org or http://worldofmissindia.blogspot.com/ does not take responsibilty of the authencity of the information posted by posters. Reader's discretion is advised.
3. This forum is directly affiliated only to I AM SHE org but NOT to the Femina Miss India.
4. The Missosology Miss India Hot Picks are purely a fan based list of favourites which has got NO influence on the final results of the main pageants.

Wonderful answer to a dreaded question

Postby pineal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Question: What is your biggest achievement and biggest disappointment to date?

We have seen above question and versions of it being asked in international and national pageants many times till date. We have a safe answers that "getting a chance to be here is my biggest achievement" and "i don't believe in disappointments and regrets" and again versions of them.

We all can agree that safe answers can prove hazardous for your crowning dreams.

In the below video we have Monica Gill in 2013 while answering an on-stage question during Miss India New England-2013 hosted in Lexington Massachusetts. The same question is asked by judge and Massachusetts based designer Shubhra Chandra.
And Monica gave a very genuine and logical answer, which made her win the crown. I think it is an answer to learn from.

She said: So, everyone has their external achievements and disappointments when you win awards or you don't win awards. But, i think, our biggest battles are those which are internal. When something happens and it angers you or you act out of anger, those are my disappointments, when i can move above things, which you have to teach yourselves to do and you've to learn slowly. When things happen you can be like, OK let's put this aside and move forward and we've to focus on whats really important, those are my achievements. They might be small, but to me, as someone who is trying to grow into an adult those define who i am, because those define my maturity level afterwards. So, for me my greatest achievements are when i defeat my internal weakness and my biggest dissapointment is when i give in to my inner weakness.

[youtube]WiXnkmTCbbw[/youtube]

She later went on to win Miss India Worldwide 2014.

She also appeared as a contestant on first ever season of India's next top model aired this year.

pineal
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: web
Date of Birth: 10 Mar 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion Writing Music Design Astrophysics Nanotech

Re: Wonderful answer to a dreaded question

Postby epol » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm

a winning answer indeed!
epol

Real Life Name/Nick: epol
Date of Birth: 17 Jan 1983
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Work out

Return to India