INDIAN DIVA-MISS UNIVERSE INDIA! SO FAR THESE GIRLS APPLIED

Forum rules
Welcome to the India Section of Missosology Forum. This section is frequently visited by Miss India Officials and ofcourse by Miss Indias themselves.
Further , Many Miss India aspirants who visit the forum are the content of discussion below. In such circumstances the moderators won't allow any kind of bashing or use of abusive language.
Please make sure that your posts are above profanity. Repeated offence may earn you a permanent Ban.

Enjoy !

Disclaimer
1. Owner or Moderators are not responsible for any member's personal comments/behaviours in the community.
2. http://www.missosology.org or http://worldofmissindia.blogspot.com/ does not take responsibilty of the authencity of the information posted by posters. Reader's discretion is advised.
3. This forum is directly affiliated only to I AM SHE org but NOT to the Femina Miss India.
4. The Missosology Miss India Hot Picks are purely a fan based list of favourites which has got NO influence on the final results of the main pageants.

Re: INDIAN DIVA-MISS UNIVERSE INDIA! SO FAR THESE GIRLS APPL

Postby jaa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 am

Solitude wrote:
Srishti is a decent choice but she is so lifeless on stage and her interview skills are bland.She should groom herself more and try next year.
Harshita Saxena, as far as I know, has returned home from Europe.I would be happy if she joins again.She is determined to step on the Miss Universe stage.

I agree with ur opinion about Srishti. But I m not a fan of Harshita!!! If sent, Harshita will surely clap at Miss Universe 2013...
till last week Srishti was my top choice for MUI (out of the girls posted in this thread)
but now I m supporting Manveen Singh >=p >=p
I m just waiting to see Manveen as the official contestant for MUI 2013 :)>- :)>-

jaa
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Jan 1994
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: music, movies

Postby abshk07 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:33 pm

piratehooker wrote:Any chance of getting Hasleen Kaur to apply.

i have already spoken to her boyfriend..she is into film now.. no more pageants..
abshk07

Real Life Name/Nick: abhi
Date of Birth: 07 Aug 1990
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: music, dance, fashion

Postby Solitude » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:19 pm

jaa wrote:
Solitude wrote:
Srishti is a decent choice but she is so lifeless on stage and her interview skills are bland.She should groom herself more and try next year.
Harshita Saxena, as far as I know, has returned home from Europe.I would be happy if she joins again.She is determined to step on the Miss Universe stage.

I agree with ur opinion about Srishti. But I m not a fan of Harshita!!! If sent, Harshita will surely clap at Miss Universe 2013...
till last week Srishti was my top choice for MUI (out of the girls posted in this thread)
but now I m supporting Manveen Singh >=p >=p
I m just waiting to see Manveen as the official contestant for MUI 2013 :)>- :)>-

Well I have a soft spot for Harshita.She was my pick twice at Femina and at I am She 2010 but sadly she didnt make it.She is really passionate about Miss Universe and never gives up which I like the most.Beauty wise she maybe average but she is a determined lady,plus she has experience of competing in an international pageant.
Solitude

Real Life Name/Nick: You can call me Miss Bitch!
Date of Birth: 09 Aug 1991
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Professional hoe!
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Wine, money and shoes

Postby shinata » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 am

Updated!!!! Also today is the Chandigarh Auditions so will keep you updated once I get some news x
shinata
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: Shinata Sangha International Icon
Date of Birth: 31 Aug 1989
Profession: GOOGLE ME 'SHINATA SANGHA'
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Partying! Styling! Beauty Pageants! Holidays

Postby Ramesh » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 am

Some pics from the ongoing Chandigarh auditions for Indian Diva 2013

One lucky girl to be selected as the finalist of the regional round in Chandigarh wins the opportunity to be fast tracked to the finals to be held in Mumbai.

The turn out is poor. I believe the girl on extreme left is Amarjot Kaur.... :hx

Gurbani Chopra spotted... :zzz

I'm not posting other photos because there isn't much to look at.
So anyone wants to see the other photos can check out the below link...
http://feminamissindia.indiatimes.com/I ... 037158.cms

Photo Credit: The Times Of India

Ramesh
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: ----------------------------

Postby karissa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

That girl Shristi is full of sex appeal. Really love her! :hx
karissa
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 06 Feb 1994
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Removed
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Removed

Postby jaa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 am

Ramesh wrote:

do you know who's this girl? I like her :-* :-*
jaa

Date of Birth: 05 Jan 1994
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: music, movies

Postby wiltz13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:47 am

wow the Goddesses are out!!! I love Harshita Saxena! Shisti and Vijaya
THE 50 MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN BEAUTY PAGEANTS FOR 2019

THE 50 HOTTEST MEN IN PAGEANTS FOR 2019

wiltz13
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: D'Pageant Buff
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1986
Profession: Beauty Pageant Analyst <<<
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: pageants

Postby pfeirr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:03 pm

indian_pride wrote:
arifdrsajjad wrote:
indian_pride wrote:who is this man Pratima?

pratima thokchom ,, so called hurricane from north east. Image

Its seems like time group has taken "Transgender" clause quite seriously... She looks like a man in wig..

Lots of Indian queens have looked like men. Manpreet Brar. I loved her but she looked like a man. Then there was Neha Kapur, Ekta Choudhary, Vasuki, Alankrita Sahai, Vanya Mishra are the ones who look "manlier" than Pratima. These are also the queens I'm aware of so I'm not sure how many more I can churn out. Give her a break. Out a billion population, if you guys can still churn out men out of women then you can't blame Pratima who fought to get here. She can't even speak English so respect her determination and courage. Just because she looks like a Pinoy, you want to turn her into a totem to unleash your wrath. That's so....... Indian.

pfeirr
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zorreyka eyyyyyyyyy Jackson CyNthina Clovarriatra
Date of Birth: 08 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Professional basher
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: blogging

Postby pfeirr » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Iknowbeauty wrote:
ASIAcan210 wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
indian_pride wrote:
arifdrsajjad wrote:
indian_pride wrote:who is this man Pratima?

pratima thokchom ,, so called hurricane from north east. Image

Its seems like time group has taken "Transgender" clause quite seriously... She looks like a man in wig..

Is it because she looks Pinoy that you think she looks transgender? =;)) =;))

Cun't I'm sure that some transgender pinoy look better than your bobble head. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

Don't worry hoe I would be mad too if my people didn't possess good genes.

Tsk, tsk. I know Beauty. Very disappointed in you. Where did your "All people born in the soil" unity/impartiality gone? Maybe you are changed now.
pfeirr

Postby pfeirr » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Good morning =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0

And people were criticizing Wen Xia Yu's looks and bashing her when she attended the Filmfare awards among the sea of "plastic beauties" who were much older and had time to get their plastic surgeries into action.

How can she win the Miss World 2012 when she ranked I think 7th out of the top 7. Not saying Wen Xia was the best girl but there were girls better than these two Asians out of that top 7.

There are actual Indian beauties but they don't get promoted especially in Bollywood.

Why Is A Nation of Brown People Obsessed With White Actresses?

‘It would be wrong to blame only Bollywood or the fairness cream industry, or the masses that cater to both, because clearly, all of us encourage this lust for whiteness that films and companies only cash in on’ says Paloma Sharma

Mickey Virus came to the theatres on October 25 and with it came the college-boy craze for one of Bigg Boss Season Seven’s foreign residents – Elli Avram.

Born Elisabet Avramidou Granlund to a Greek father and a Swedish mother, Avram is only one of the many non-desi women who have found stardom in Bollywood (whilst still being relatively unknown in their respective countries of origin). This is not because of their amazing acting skills, but because of something most Indian actresses will never really achieve – white skin.

Whilst Avram (thankfully) plays a foreign woman in the film, it is not so for the numerous other white actresses of Bollywood. Half-Indian, half-British (although Ayesha Shroff would like to disagree) and Bollywood’s darling these days, Katrina Kaif, is perhaps the most famous of these.

Not only has Kaif played women of Indian origin right from Boom to Namaste London and, lately, in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, but she has found herself a place in India’s $638 million fairness cream market.

Kaif was signed as the face of Olay's Natural White cream from a new line of cosmetics titled ‘White Radiance’.

Ironically, Kaif was quoted in a report saying, 'Be it a skin, hair or a jewellery product, I am very selective about the brands I endorse. I undertake extensive research on the company and try to ensure that the brand delivers on its promises made to the user of the product.'

Right.

But Kaif isn’t the only one.

Hazel Keech (born Rose Dawn) who is half British, a fourth Mauritian, a fourth Indian and grew up in London, has been in films like Bodyguard, Billa and Maximum, though she’s never had a lead role in Bollywood yet.

Fellow-British national, Amy Jackson, however, has been a hell of a lot luckier.

Jackson has no Indian ancestry at all. Winner of the Miss Teen World Pageant, she got her break in Bollywood when director Gautham Menon remade his Tamil film in Hindi and cast her opposite Prateik Babbar in Ekk Tha Deewana.

Incidentally, Jackson played a Malyali Nasrani Christian (and one wonders if the bad tan job was intentional). Jackson has stated in an interview, "I love India, it's my new home.”

Ms Jackson isn’t the only one making India her new home. Brazilian models Giselli Monteiro and Izabelle Leite, who could be easily mistaken for each other (or maybe that’s just my all-white-people-look-the-same-to-me syndrome) have played Indian women in Bollywood films.

Monteiro was spotted by director Imtiaz Ali and went on to play Harleen Kaur, a Punjabi girl, opposite Saif Ali Khan in Love Aaj Kal while Leite starred in the coming-of-age thriller-drama Sixteen.

While nationalist parties are outraged over white actresses and junior artists being cast in films over local ones, Jag Mundra (who incidentally made the critically acclaimed Provoked! Yikes!) was quoted saying, “The reason producers pick white girls is because a lot of them have better figures and are willing to expose them...If you need a bikini shot, not many Indian girls are willing to turn up in a string bikini. But most white girls will not have an issue with that. Titillation has been an important part of Bollywood."

With the preference for white actresses increasing, the ever-growing fairness cream market, and our own actresses bleaching their skin beyond recognition, it is rather amusing how quick we Indians are to jump up and scream, “Racist” when Ashton Kutcher does a brownface.

While India celebrated when Nina Davuluri, a first-generation Indian-American born to Telugu parents, won the Miss America crown, we forgot how Lakshmi Menon was turned away from the Indian fashion industry for being too dark.

We forgot that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who famously went on Tyra Banks’s show and called fairness creams racist, has endorsed L’Oreal’s skin whitening product called White Perfect – that’s right, White Perfect – along with Lux White Glow.

We felt sympathy for Priyanka Chopra when she claimed she faced racist comments from schoolmates in America, but when she was seen in Pond’s White Beauty and Garnier’s Light Ultra, we brushed it off as “she’s just doing her work” or “everybody does things for money”.

As a brown Indian woman I cannot but ask these actresses if they have no pride in who they are and why they are so ashamed of their skin. Why they, who have travelled the world, who obviously know about the struggles of coloured people, choose to endorse products that tell people, especially women, that in order to be beautiful, confident and happening, one absolutely must be white?

At the same time I wonder if the foreign born-and-brought-up actresses (often with no knowledge of Hindi) who are routinely seen playing Indian girls, realise the implications of it.

I secretly believe that they must, given that they had spent their formative years in a society where racism has been a serious point of debate for some time now.

When white women play white women, it means nothing to me but when a white woman, who looks vaguely Indian, decides to tan herself to an appropriate level and tries to portray a brown woman, a woman like me, I think she forgets that my skin is not an accessory she can play with from time to time and take it off when she gets bored of it.

We brown women don’t have that option, we are not as privileged. We don’t get to shed off our brownness.

With our skin comes a memory of oppression, exploitation and practical slavery under colonial rule and the silent understanding that there are some positions in life that we will never be considered for. With our skin comes the realisation, ever since we were born, that we will never truly be beautiful.

It would be wrong to blame only Bollywood or the fairness cream industry, or the masses that cater to both, because clearly, all of us encourage this lust for whiteness that films and companies only cash in on.

But, as a matter of ethics and basic humanity, I appeal to people who know better to consider the impact that they have on the lesser mortals of the world, because when you’re brown in India, it’s not easy to “love the skin you’re in”. Unless you’re at a Russel Peters show, of course.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/movies/column/why ... 131104.htm

pfeirr

Postby diamondeyezleo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Harxita Saxena? PLEASE NO! Isn't she too old now?
Hamzaaah
diamondeyezleo

Real Life Name/Nick: Hamzah
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1989
Profession: Student of Medicine
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Postby verthpc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm

verthpc
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.