TITAN'S TSUNAMI: FEMINA MISS INDIA 2017

Forum rules
Welcome to the India Section of Missosology Forum. This section is frequently visited by Miss India Officials and ofcourse by Miss Indias themselves.
Further , Many Miss India aspirants who visit the forum are the content of discussion below. In such circumstances the moderators won't allow any kind of bashing or use of abusive language.
Please make sure that your posts are above profanity. Repeated offence may earn you a permanent Ban.

Enjoy !

Disclaimer
1. Owner or Moderators are not responsible for any member's personal comments/behaviours in the community.
2. http://www.missosology.org or http://worldofmissindia.blogspot.com/ does not take responsibilty of the authencity of the information posted by posters. Reader's discretion is advised.
3. This forum is directly affiliated only to I AM SHE org but NOT to the Femina Miss India.
4. The Missosology Miss India Hot Picks are purely a fan based list of favourites which has got NO influence on the final results of the main pageants.

TITAN'S TSUNAMI: FEMINA MISS INDIA 2017

Postby Titan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 pm

ImageImage

What a beautiful journey of Miss India 2017 has been! The glory and pride of 90's Miss India with dash of modern Indian women is the representation of Femina Miss India 2017 contest. What started as an experiment may eventually be a much needed paradigm shift in Indian pageantry. 30 states, 30 girls, 1 crown! I am a big fan of Miss Indias'. They are epitome of beauty with brains, reflection of substance and so unique that makes them one of the formidable powerhouses in beauty pageants.

My Status-Quo with the Femina Miss Organization:

Being one of the richest national pageant organizations in the world and producing fleet of top-notch beauty queens, I truly feel it is their upon themselves to invent and re-invent themselves from time to time in order to hold their relevance in world pageantry. The 2000's was just fine but what started at the cusp of 2010 until now is a case study to decode.

Separation of Miss India Universe franchise to Sushmita and its eventual fallout going back to FMI, trials and tribulations with the Miss Earth and International organizations and their dissociation, mediocre success at Miss World and Miss Universe are some of the serious repercussions of failed experiments under the helm of two National Directors - Marc Robinson and Natasha Grover. The remorse of Hemant Trivedi and the failure of transform their MW/Miss Universe into winner material, in spite of them having so much potential calls for subsequent improvements in internal operations! Nevertheless, better late than never. I am satisfied with FMI's direction of 2017 and hope to see them build upon it to get back MW/Miss Universe in the next 5-7 years.

Contestants of Miss India 2017

An amazing batch with so much potential! I can name 10 different girls that can do well at any given International pageant. I love that the group is diverse and there is so much of transposing of qualities among girls. This is an indication of a successful batch. I foresee so many girls, who are not proclaimed winners, continue with their journey, coming back improved and stronger at other national contests and even Miss India next year. Kudos to all the girls!

TITAN'S MISS INDIA 2017 - MAIRA CHOWDHURY

IN-DEPTH ASSESSMENT

Very rarely I provide my in-depth assessment at a national pageant. Last time I did for an Indian contestant was in 2014, for Koyal Rana who went on to become Continental Queen of Asia 2014. So what made me do it for Maira? My counter question would be, how often do you find an Oxonian competing at a national pageant, who spent 8 to 10-months only to prepare for the national contest? I have to commend the homework she has done before entering the national pageant and that is the kind of girls that go on and do well at International pageant.

Beauty - 8.7/10
Maira is surely very beautiful and is photogenic. She is bit raw and has room for improvement and this is her biggest factor to up her game at Miss World, if she wins the Miss India pageant. She has not yet used the levers yet and so can easily be transformed into one of the stunning faces.

Body - 9.1/10
Definitely one of the fittest and has a very proportionate body. She has surely worked hard on training and she should continue this to further better her physique with more volume and definition.

Top Model Evaluation - 8.3/10
This is where she needs most of her training. She should work more with photographers and fine ease in framing herself in pictures. Her rampwalk skills needs major improvements and she should not rely on Femina trainers but get her own who can help her find finesse and aura while walking on the stage.

Articulation and Interview Skills - 9/10
She has both depth and breath in her interviews and surely can handle tough questions. What needs an improvement is the delivery. It is VERY important! You need to connect with your audience and make them feel comfortable in having a conversation with you. I highly recommend her to watch Olivia Culpo's interview (especially the one with Russian interviewer) and Rolene Strauss's Miss World debate speech. You have it in you, just refine it and connect with the audience.

Prediction at Miss World - Top 10
She will be surely one of the better girls to represent India, if she wins tomorrow. She is custom made for Miss World and now, even Miss Universe that needs both - beauty and brains to reach Top 10/5. Provided she works on all the above areas and is supported with right training from Femina she stands a good chance to be among Top 5. She also needs to work on her make-up and dressing sense as they reflect upon your personality and is how your FIRST IMPRESSION is made!

Having said all this, she has the right elements and most importantly the desire and will to succeed at beauty pageants. That along with her beauty and training can take her far at contests like MW/Miss Universe.

For any reasons, should she be left among Top 5 tomorrow, I highly suggest her to come back for Miss Diva, as she is more likely to get noticed and have bigger platform at Miss Universe than Miss world.

MISS INDIA GRAND INTERNATIONAL - ANUKRITI GUSAIN

After Vartika, she is one girl, I feel, is custom made for this pageant. This pageants tends to favor facially stunning girls with petite bone structure and good body. And having improved upon her oratory skills, she can definitely nail the final speech with some preparation. Also, she is very much likely to be among the Top 3 as she has previously been Top 5 at FMI and has only come back much stronger this time. She is one of the best faces of the competition and just by that alone she has secured Top 5 position.

TITAN'S TAKE ON MANUSHI - AISHWARYA - SIMRAN

MANUSHI CHHILLAR

If there is any girl who comes close to winning Femina Miss India title and can give Maira run for money is Manushi. A medical student, first time at pageant but have surely turned out to one of the bests of this contest. She is very beautiful and has the right focus at the competition. A very down to earth girl and is very relatable like Vanya Mishra. I am sure, if she is sent to Miss World, Julia would love her as much as Maira and probably would also do well at the content. However, I strongly feel that she is much raw than Maira and I want Manushi to train for one more and comeback next year to clinch the title. She has so much potential and I somehow feel she can even bring Miss World crown to India if she pledges to be. But, what she lacks is personality! And that is her downfall. Being new to pageants and modeling, she comes across more like student and that is same thing I observed with Maira. But Maira, has transformed well in relatively short time and is almost ready with 1-2 months of preparation. Manushi needs to identify herself as a beauty queen and project with confidence and speak like she is inspiring young minds with her substance. She has specs of Priyanka Chopra attitude and if she capitulates well on this, she can be a formidable Indian contestant at an international arena.

AISHWARYA DEVAN

She has star like aura and I see her doing well in the entertainment industry. She is also very focused and committed but I see Urvashi Rautela episode again and while Urvashi had pageant experience and was tall, Aishwarya falls short in both departments (no pun intended). Aishwarya could easily be one of the winners and be left for promotional stints not sending her to any pageants. This would work well for her and for FMI who wants marketable face on their covers. It is great to see that established girls like her still find the Miss India platform worthy to invest their time. This gives me hope that if FMI revamps well, there could be influx of new breed of Indian girls who are amazingly talented and ambitious but are currently shying away from participating in it.

SIMRAN CHOWDHARY

Pageants fans call her Aditi Arya deadringer but I find her much better version of Aditi in her. Her face is much more in appropriation and her aura is stronger than her. I am not sure what pageant will suit her though. She could do well at Supranational, provided FMI elects their Supranational winner from this batch. A worthy representation but otherwise, hard to find a suitable pageant for her. Had Miss Earth or International pageants with Femina still, she could have done well at either of them. However that is not the case and I don't see her doing well at MW/Miss Universe. But she can be a great Top 5 and chances are that she will be.

This wraps up my very detailed review of this year's Miss India contest. I also want to call out - Navpreet Kaur (possible Miss India United Continents), Triveni Barman (Very refreshing beauty), Aditi Hundia (true winner of miss photogenic), and all the north-eastern girls for showing the spirit and grace of the north-eastern states.

I look forward to the contest tomorrow and wish all the girls loads of luck and success in whatever the outcome be. God Bless!

Much Love
Titan :-*

Titan
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 26 Sep 2015
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ........
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: ........

Re: TITAN'S TSUNAMI: FEMINA MISS INDIA 2017

Postby incredible_india » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 am

:=p :=p :=p
incredible_india
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: gurbani
Date of Birth: 25 Aug 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: it consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: reading,surfing

Postby sunil_sagitarius » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:48 am

We have the same girls in Top 4 , I feel Simran is weaker compared to many girls in the batch. This is why she never made it to my list. The only girl from South who looks and speaks natural is Mannat Singh from Kerala. My winner is Manushi because I see Maira as Koyal Rana 2.0. A girl from North East deserves a spot in Top 5 and she can be either Rody or Licha.
sunil_sagitarius

Date of Birth: 04 Dec 1993
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Rauma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 am

Great review and the Miss India pick, Maira represents exotic version of Charlotte Sullivan type - transformable from elegant to girly innocent and from that to super sexy one. :=p
Rauma
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Accountant and auditor
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby Rauma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 am

Going back to the contestants page and reviewing the girls again (and again) I have to say that almost half of them has international level potential.

My honourable mentions:
Shefali Sood
Shivankita Dixit
Navpreet Kaur
Manushi Chhillar
Christeena Biju
Aditi Hundia

- anyone of them would a great choice for Miss Inia

My personal stars (by my subjective eyes)
Roshni Ghimirey she looks just adorable. She still requires some brushing but MGI could siut her :-*
Sana Dua - pure and charming, slightly different facial features and beautiful eyes :-* :-*
Mannat Singh - Indian Barbie doll with long legs and super gorgeous smile :-* :-* :-*
Rauma

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1979
Profession: Accountant and auditor
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Music, fitness, dancing, arts, modelling

Postby Titan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am

Shefali Sood is indeed an underdog in the competition, she can be a spoiler tonight. And like someone correctly pointed it out she will do great at Miss Diva.
Titan

Postby fa4u » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:05 am

Aditi for the crown Image

choose beauty over anything else femina.. femina wastes their time on looking for good speakers..when was the last time india got a chance to talk in the top 5..
fa4u

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1930
Profession: Missosologist
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sex Traveling, Music, Horror!

Postby AngelbcnSpain » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 am

My top 5, in no particular order.

Triveni Barman
Aditi Hundia
Anukriti Gusain
Sana Dua
Vamika Nidhi

Good luck, ladies!
AngelbcnSpain

Real Life Name/Nick: Angelbcn
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1980
Profession: journalist
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Cinema,Music,Love,beauty,Bollywood,

Postby HolyOther » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Excellent picks Titan

My favourite is MaIra as well.

Hoping Miss Rajasthan gets a crown too.
HolyOther
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Isis
Date of Birth: 08 Jan 1989
Profession: Advertising, Graphic Design, Marketing.
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Learning about this amazing world

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Maira seems like the best option. More integral beauty. Aditi is beautiful with strong facial features and photographs pretty well but during interactions she gets weaker.
Nina Cleopatra
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

Postby muzical » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 pm

My fav is Manushi closely followed by Maira.

Shefali is another girl to watchout for.

Aditi is also pretty but She's too pageant patty.
muzical

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: music,movies,books..

Postby dismas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:20 pm

For me, the Miss India crown is a toss among Aditi, Manushi, and Maira. And I have a feeling that Maira will romp home with said crown tonight. Anukriti, who to me is the face of FMI17, deserves a crown as well. Miss India Grand Int'l suits her. Mannat completes my Top 5.
dismas
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: Dismas
Date of Birth: 22 Sep 1970
Profession: cultural worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: the Arts

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:22 pm

I think Maira is the best here. Very nice thread tho.

KHANH VAN - MISS UNIVERSE VIETNAM 2020
Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Hai Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby vernilicious » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Wow!

A massive upgrade sets of winners

The rise of India

:=p :=p :!! :!! >=p >=p
vernilicious

Real Life Name/Nick: vernilicious
Date of Birth: 01 Jun 1984
Profession: hunter
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: blogging

Postby tarunkamal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:43 pm

I want either Manushi or Maira to win the main title :=p :=p :=p :7 :7 :7
A big no to Aishwarya
I wish Aditi had more personality... I love her face
Anukirti is good as a runner up not the main winner
I see Shefali do really very well at Miss Suprational
tarunkamal
TROOPERS are COOL people.
TROOPERS are COOL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Real Name
Date of Birth: 01 Aug 1917
Profession: artist
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby GoBrazil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Well for me the most beautiful is Aditi Hundia! If she will not win I hope she will try Miss Diva.
Because she looks a Diva! Gorgeous as Heena Bhalla! But if she won't be wasted at Femina I hope Heena comes back and wins because these two girls are stunning and deserve to compete in major pageants!
Here is the winner for me.

GoBrazil

Real Life Name/Nick: Vai Brasil
Date of Birth: 11 Mar 1975
Profession: Tourism Bachelor
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Too many to fit in here.

Postby Titan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 pm

MANUSHI CHHILLAR WINS MISS INDIA 2017

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Titan

Postby rockondude » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:48 pm

I love the winner she kinda looks like an Indian version of Penelope Cruz :hx :hx
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby Luis miguel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:59 am

Very pretty girl. Nice pick!
Luis miguel
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: luis
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1990
Profession: casanova
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: women