★♚ 'Bangkok Beauties, Part 2' Ian's Post - Arrival List ♚★

★♚ 'Bangkok Beauties, Part 2' Ian's Post - Arrival List ♚★

Postby IanC062 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm

It has now been over a week since Miss Universe 2018 got underway and we all have begun our official analysis : who lived up to the hype, who is not reaching their potential, will we have a predictable winner or has an underdog really started to gain ground. These are just some of the myriad of factors that are taken into consideration when truthfully trying to predict the outcome of a beauty pageant like Miss Universe.

As was predicted by many of us, the 2018 pageant has not disappointed. We all knew that this year there were a bevy of beauties competing and to see such a strong contingent of women congregate together in one of the most stunning locales on the globe has been naught but a delight. To this affect, I must acknowledge the Thai people and their wondrous country and hospitality. This is easily one of the best editions of Miss Universe in years. The pageant works best when it is allowed to flourish outside the US and to incorporate the culture of the host nation. From the excursions to Pattaya and Krabi, the Thai Fashion Show event at the Dusit Thani, Bangkok, the trip to the actual Grand Palace of the Thai family. All of it has been outstanding.

My Pre - Arrival list had exactly 21 ladies on it, divided between 'Honourable Mentions' and the 'Pre - Arrival Top 16'. This list has only one category : 'Post - Arrival Top 20', in honour of the rumoured expansion of the semi - finalists.
Let's begin !

N.B Ok, I had to decide on a number of candidates to include on this list, otherwise, there would have been upwards of 30 ladies listed here. So, if some ladies who you like aren't here, just remember that :

a) This is only my Post - Arrival list.
b) I probably like them too. I just had to make cuts.

It is MY list, after all.

Here we go, the Top 20 ladies who I believe are leading the competition at the halfway point...

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (20th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 16 (16th)
Sophida Kanchanarin has been a gracious host. I have seen some photos of her and she appears to be a genuinely congenial person. She still hasn't got the beauty and we know someone will be sacrificed in favour of her placement. We just have to accept it. Honestly, Thailand has been such a great host that I have come to peace with that.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (19th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : N/A
Sthefany Gutiérrez did not make my 1st list. In fact, she did not make many lists. Unusual for a Venezuelan beauty queen, as they are the undisputed Powerhouse of the pageantry world. I still am on the fence with her. Her styling can sometimes be truly awful but there are moments when I think 'Yep, she will place'. Yet, I'm not seeing a victory for her.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (18th)
In 1992, Michelle McClean became the first Namibian to be crowned Miss Universe : she conquered the title in Thailand. Selma Kamanya has the goods to take a placement for her nation, again in this fantastic Asian nation. This black beauty stands out in any crowd. She has really started to soar in my estimates.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (17th)
Meisu Qin was never on my radar and honestly it is because China has made no real imprint at Miss Universe. Yeah, they had the statuesque beauty of Luo Zilin in 2011, but that was it. Even their national selection goes by with almost no fanfare. How, with the biggest population on the globe within it's environs, does that happen ? Ms. Qin is absolutely my darkhorse this year. She is adorable and extremely fashionable. No complaints from me should she earn a B2B placement.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (16th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Honourable Mention
The Land of the Rising Sun is represented by the gorgeous Yuumi Kato, who made waves when she first arrived. One of the ladies who has really blossomed since being crowned, she cannot take a bad picture. Yuumi always looks good. Couple that with her educational prowess and I truly believe that post - preliminaries, she could be among the Top 10.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (15th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (10th)
One of the most bashed Miss USA's in recent years, I think the problem with Sarah Rose Summers is that she really isn't a crown contender. Personality - wise, she is far more interesting than most of the frontrunners and I would rather have a drink and dance with her any day over say Philippines or South Africa, but she hasn't the beauty to enter the Top 5, so a Top 10 will probably be the highest position she will likely attain.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (14th)
Queen GG is the first Irish contestant I have ever placed on any of my official lists. I love her ! I really am hopeful that she can place on the 17th December and it will be because of her performance. Unlike some of the drones on this forum, I am not nationalistic, so I never kid myself. GG is different. If she places, she will have earned it. She will also be sporting a Carlos Alberto evening gown, so I cannot wait for her to rock that.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (13th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 16 (12th)
Ecuador, Ecuador, Ecuador. I have nought but admiration for your Misso Ambassador and I think Virginia Limongi is easily one of the most beautiful faces at this year's competition. That, in and of itself, is an achievement. However, Ms. Limongi is playing her cards very close to her chest. A proven tactic with successful results. The problem is, for me at least, I don't think she is standing out enough. She can still prove me wrong though. I am rooting for her.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (12th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (9th)
She may not be receiving much attention but Andrea Díaz is just so stunning and the photo above proves it. I want her to really earn her place. I think she isn't gaining as much attention as she deserves because of her weak sash but this woman is a stunner. She should not be underestimated.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 20 (11th)
I mean, where did she come from ? India was nowhere on my list and then Nehal Chudasama arrives in Bangkok and it is like 'Hold up !'. She has not put a foot wrong since she landed and I can easily see her placing for the subcontinent. She is equipped with a really relateable back story too and her hard-work has clearly paid off. Damn, mama !

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (10th)
I truly believe she is the torchbearer of Europe. Yeah, she is not the most beautiful but she has the credentials. Her sporting achievements and her academic prowess ? Sorry, but some of the frontrunners have nothing on this chick. A debate at the Oxford Union would be Dee-Ann Kentish-Rogers' arena. Luckily, for my Top 5, this is a beauty pageant. But, if it wasn't...

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (9th)
I decided after the Thai Fashion Show event at the Dusit Thani that Mexico's Andrea Toscano could take a spot among the semi - finalists and I would not bat an eyelid. She was sublime. Hand's down the Queen of the night and it wasn''t just that her gown was better than all the others. She has a spark now that she did not have during her nationals.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (8th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (6th)
Still, the body of this year's competition. Holy moly, Costa Rica is hotter than the sun ! Natalia Carvajal must place. If she doesn't, the MUO will receive a strongly worded letter from myself. At Krabi, she stood out and no matter how hard the other women tried, the camera lense is drawn to her. She is surpassed by only three other women in her continent, so as far as I am concerned, she is gonna make it.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (7th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 16 (15th)
On my pre - arrival list, I placed her very low. I stand by that rational, because it hinders me from considering her a crown contender, even though any other year, she easily would be. Since arriving in Thailand, she has looked flawless. That photo above is just one of many were Valeria Morales proves she has one of the faces of the competition. Colombia's streak is safe. But, I think she won't make it to the Top 5.

Post Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (6th)
Pre - Arrival Ranking : 4th Runner - Up
My absolute sentimental favourite, she has fallen just one spot since my first list. H'Hen Niê is addictive to me. I think she just has this aura that almost none of the other ladies' has. Top 10 is minimum for Vietnam this year. The Asian Cinderella could really achieve a fairytale before Christmas if she works hard enough.

Post Arrival Ranking : 4th Runner - Up
Pre - Arrival Ranking : Top 10 (7th)
Okay, so she doesn't have the sash factor, but Romina Lozano has proven since December 2nd that Peru has a chance at that crown. She is enjoying herself and unlike other competitors who may not have had their crowns even half as long as she has had hers, she is looking refreshed and capable. I have my fingers crossed for her.

Post Arrival Ranking : 3rd Runner - Up
Pre - Arrival Ranking : 1st Runner - Up
No other contestant has gotten insulted like Kiara Ortega. The comments : truly vile. Her crime ? Being Puerto Rican. Who could ever thought that the pageant world could be this toxic. Why am I not as bothered as I may be should be ? This photo above : the best of the official shots. She has the same authentic personality that propelled Pia, Iris and Demi - Leigh to the crown.

Post Arrival Ranking : 2nd Runner - Up
Francesca Hung has beaten all the odds. Never a favourite to win the Australian national, she is now the underdog who is one of the favourites to win the Mikimoto tiara. I have followed some of her IG videos and she is just so natural, funny and charming, that by all means, her victory would be widely welcomed. Her beauty and personality are almost unparalleled in this year's competition.

N.B Honestly, the my Top 2 positions could alternate. It really is a fight between the two of them. No other competitors come near. The preliminary competition will decide the final outcome of my final list.

Post Arrival Ranking : 1st Runner - Up
Pre - Arrival Ranking : 3rd Runner - Up
She is the most popular contestant at this year's competition. The Thai people seem to be really drawn to her and the almost feverish support she receives from her countrymen is unmatched. Catriona Gray steals the scene at any given opportunity. But, and yes, there is a but. We just had a Filipina take the crown. Not even three years ago. I crave the diversity that IMG clearly promises, so...

Post Arrival Ranking : Miss Universe 2018
Pre - Arrival Ranking : 2nd Runner - Up
South Africa, is as of right now, my Post - Arrival winner. Yes, I know South Africa is the reigning Miss Universe. However, there is a key distinction that needs to be made. Tamaryn Green is, unlike Demi - Leigh Nel - Petrs, not white. We have not had a black Miss Universe since 2011 and the other 'Big 5' pageants ? Even worse. This is not normal. I want Tamaryn to take that crown and even though Philippines will give her a good fight, Ms. Green has the beauty, brains and personality to win.

And that is it, ladies and gentlemen, the second in my three part series for Miss Universe 2018.
Keep yours eyes out for the final installment next week, once the preliminary competition is out of the way.

I hope you have all been enjoying the season as much as I have, and remember, let's try and keep it civil !

IanC062
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Re: ★♚ 'Bangkok Beauties, Part 2' Ian's Post - Arrival List

Postby IanC062 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:52 pm

I had completed this list before the announcement of the grand finale format. I was not editing it. So, Part 3 will incorporate the controversial Continental System
IanC062

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Postby bcdf1930 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:35 pm

THANKS FOR PUTTING INDIA IN YOUR POST ARRIVAL LIST :-* :-* :-*
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby DUBROVNIK » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Last edited by DUBROVNIK on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DUBROVNIK
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs

Postby HatsuneMiku » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks again for considering Chile :) I can't believe why she is often left out in the hot picks, because she has made a great job with tons of good looks

Japan looks stunning and her background it's interesting, I'd like to see her placing.

And yes, Puerto Rico has been bashed hard and I'm sad for her. She's a nice girl and Andrea is very close to her. If you guys just knew who the real mean girl is...
HatsuneMiku
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 19 Dec 2000
Profession: Student & Blogger
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby arkenken » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Wait. Who was your pre arrival miss universe? Is she a clapper now?

Honestly, I have been quite disappointed with Tamaryn. The styling has been great first couple of days but a downhill from there. She was outshined by Puerto Rico (who I think outshone Cat as well a bit) big time during the Thai night. Both two consecutive nights she was a bit of a mess and you’d never think that she is a front runner.

But my main thing about her is during the interviews she always steals the spotlight from other girls.
She don’t let them finish and she will always butt in. (Example: during pad Thai cooking interview). I mean, she knows she is a front runner and I am really finding her stiff, who is like the main criticism towards Cat. But between the two, Tamaryn seems to be more pressured to win. That’s just how I look at it. ;)

She still in my top 5, possibly top 3 but not my winner. :)
Everything is so finite. But don't you think that that's what makes our time, at specific moments, so important?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
arkenken
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1990
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: watching movies.

Postby somosperu » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 am

GO PERU.......ROMINA IS SO BEAUTIFUL >=p >=p
somosperu

Date of Birth: 28 Oct 1962
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY CONTEST

Postby brannymuls » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 am

[url]ezoq-fLstpg[/url]
brannymuls
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Youtuber
Hobbies/Interests: Make videos
Message: Hi all, my name is Branny and passion is beauty pageants!!

Postby brannymuls » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 am

[youtube]ezoq-fLstpg[/youtube]
brannymuls
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Profession: Youtuber
Hobbies/Interests: Make videos
Message: Hi all, my name is Branny and passion is beauty pageants!!

Postby stryker1202 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:51 am

nice post.....like it....but for me ...everything depends on the judges...the prelim whether swimsuit or evening gowns is only a process who will in the top 15 or 20 finalist.....the rest would be in the hands of the judges
stryker1202
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Profession: mediation services
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: badminton/volleyball/tennis/running/men

Postby unbreakable » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:52 pm

What would I do to you ?

ImageImageImage
unbreakable

Real Life Name/Nick: (-_-)
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1993
Profession: SDSDAD
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Piano

Postby Pedro » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 am

15/20 :-*

I wish we could confirm the format, like, if it's going to be a top 15, 16, 20, divided by regions or not... I mean, I enjoy taking the time to create a list of favorites, but if they're going for the regional criteria i don't even care.
No one could possibly predict Sri Lanka/Croatia last year and surely there are going to be some unexpected (and probably wasted) spots, if that's the case.
Pedro
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pedro
Date of Birth: 26 Nov 1993
Profession: Researcher
Hobbies/Interests: ­­­­­­­­­

Postby stryker1202 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 am

still the winner will be decided by the judges and the owner of IMG....
stryker1202

Postby AngelOfBeauty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 am

Pretty solid list. Although, it's still too early to tell. :=p
AngelOfBeauty
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 02 Jul 2000
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Anime

Postby stryker1202 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

let us see comes the final day ...on December 17, 2018
stryker1202

Postby Miss Universe Latinas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 am

MY TOP 10 FOR NOW:

Miss Universe Latinas

Real Life Name/Nick: Branny
Profession: Blogger
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Blogger

Return to Miss Universe