***ROAD TO MISS WORLD GUYANA 2014***

***ROAD TO MISS WORLD GUYANA 2014***

Postby devonhari3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:55 pm

This is the Official Thread for Miss World Guyana 2014.The Pageant is tentatively scheduled to take place on May 26th, 2014at the National Cultural Center. At the end of the event, Ruqayyah Boyer will crown her successor. The winner of this Pageant will represent Guyana at Miss World 2014.

devonhari3
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1987
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Work
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantary

Re: ***ROAD TO MISS WORLD GUYANA 2014***

Postby devonhari3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:39 pm

***EXCLUSIVE***
Interview with Miss World Guyana Franchise Holder / National Director-Natasha Martaindale.

This interview was conducted by Missosology-Guyana.One of our New York based admin recently had the pleasure of meeting with Ms Martaindale to discuss her journey thus far as the Franchise Holder/National Director of Miss World Guyana. Today, we would like to share this short interview with you the fans/viewers. We would also like to take this opportunity to say a huge “THANK YOU” to Ms Martaindale for taking the time out of her eventful schedule to sit and discuss with our admin. We greatly appreciate her time and effort and wish her much success on her journey to give Guyana its first Miss World crown.

1.For our fans/viewers who don't know who you are. Please tell us a little about who really is Natasha Martindale.
I am a proud Guyanese with an enduring vision of seeing our people and culture thrive globally and as a result of this vision I will ensure every beautiful young woman representing our country strive as they represent us as a people on the world stage.
In relation to my personal and professional life; I am married and the proud mother of a 23 year old young man. I'm known at work for being overly analytic and perhaps even an introvert; among my friends and colleagues. I’m funny (my critics may dispute this) and creative. I think for most part of my life, I have somehow managed to fully exercise my left and right brains, straddling my analytical half as an accountant and the right half as a poet, seasoned painter and dancer. I believe life on the whole is not like a box of chocolates, it is complex and filled with contradictions and ongoing conversations worthy of engagement.

2.Have you done pageants before? How long have you been involved with pageants?
Yes. I have entered into the pageant world on or around 1995 and have been participating in various capacities. My first direct experience was by way of spearheading a marketing campaign by sponsoring several pageants over a period of time [ Queens of Queens, Miss Bartica, Miss Diwali, Miss African Heritage, Miss Talented Teen/ Miss Millennium, etc.] on behalf of my employer, Acme Photo. With the exposure I am happy to say that I was truly inspired by the talented young ladies I have had the chance to work with and felt quite rewarded seeing them blossom during the time they spend pursuing various crowns and later becoming professional women and mothers

3.Why did you decide to take over the Miss World Guyana franchise?
The Miss World Guyana franchise was not available for me to take over. However, when the opportunity arose to become the Franchise Holder/ National Pageant Director for Guyana, I felt it was my duty to accept as a proud Guyanese, a professional in my field and as a mother. It was and still is an honor of which I am bound to commit myself to its success.

4.Can you give us a short briefing of the process when starting a pageant?
In summary, step one is to assemble a great team of persons who are passionate, committed, talented and have an enduring love for Guyana as well as being united in seeing Guyana crown the next Miss World. The next step is to identify the stakeholders [partners, officials and sponsors] who shares the same values and commitment to social responsibility. I have completed step one and two and now I am unto the next step which is to find an ambassador with leadership qualities to represent us on the world stage before moving onto to the many additional steps.

5.What is your main focus and objective for the Miss World Guyana franchise?
The main focus is our contestants. Any young lady who chooses to compete for the Miss World Guyana crown must be enriched for being a contestant. The pageant process is intended to give opportunities to all who are eager and willing to participate. The objective is not only to promote their beauty and talent but an opportunity for them to grow in every area of personal development as a result of their participation. Equally as important, Miss World Guyana is on a mission to promote civic engagement through our Beauty with a Purpose segment. Contestants will be paired with civic organizations to raise awareness on the issues and causes affecting their communities

6.What problems do you face as a national pageant director?
One of the most important issues to overcome is the perception that pageants are exploitive of young women. The Miss World brand is a mark of refinement, a true symbol of the modern woman who is a multi-talented career-focused humanitarian. Therefore it is important to know that The Miss World Guyana coronation event is a safe and healthy place for bright talented young ladies to exemplify their goals, passion and commitment to success. A Miss Guyana must and will be a symbol of national pride for all Guyanese women as she represents us on the world stage, literally and figuratively. It is also a great opportunity for us to market our country as a tourism haven, our business community in relation to brand recognition and corporate responsibility; and, our young people who will be the leaders of our great nation. I firmly believe we must continuously educate the world through these cultural showcases whereby enriching our lives and keeping our heritage alive.

7.How is your experience thus far as the national director for Miss World Guyana?
I am a bit overpowered with the positive comments and pledges of support I have personally received since being awarded the franchise. Additionally, working with a great team to bring you the next Miss World Guyana has been inspiring. I have retained the skills and talents of Diane Madray, Patricia Jordan-Langford, Yvonne Marcus, Allison Peters-Dundas, Michelle Cole of Colefacts, Roger Gary of Aqua Couture, Colette Hytmiah, Shonette Moore, Imarah Radix,Tenesia Fraser, Roderick Alphonso of Cream Productions, Marc Anthony of New World Studio, Christa Simmons, Dessia Clarke, Ranveer Rickford of Fuze Arts, Alana Seebaran, Steve Douglas of Bravo Arts with a few more to add soon.
I’ve had the experience of incorporating Miss World Guyana locally so as to better serve our participants, our team, our sponsors and the people of Guyana. We have acquired the services of an accounting company and as well as a legal firm. Our team of advisers cover the globe with members located in the Caribbean, Europe, North America and locally. Each member of our team have a distinctive role which when combined will ensure our queens are well presented on the world stage. This is my experience thus far of which I continue to embrace with each and every implemented change.

8.Tell us a little bit about the Miss World Guyana 2014 pageant. What should we expect?
Expect to see nothing short of a cultural spectacular extravaganza event that the people in and out of Guyana can enjoy. Personally, I would like it to be an event for us all to experience togetherness and unity as a people during our month of Independence. We first crown our representative to Miss World, Umblita Van Sluytman, May of 1966 who was also known as the independence queen. It so happens that I accepted the franchise on May 26th 2013. This in of itself is very symbolic and therefore you can expect to many Independence queens being crown Miss World Guyana.

9.What are you personally looking for in prospective contestants who will be participating in your pageant?
My expectations are no different from those of the greater Guyanese community. The search is on to find contestants that will exude all the beauty and values we hold dear to our heart. They must be intelligent, caring, competitive, determine, talented, articulate, and of course beautiful.

10.Guyana is yet to win a Miss World crown. How do you feel about this?
I feel empowered just knowing that we are on the right track, providing added value not only to the Miss World Guyana brand but to our stakeholders and the brand they own or represent. Moreover, I believe to win such a prestigious crown it must be a national effort -- one that I anticipate will be the reward from the fruits of our labor. This is truly how I feel and it is a positive and welcoming feeling

11. What are you doing differently to ensure Guyana win its 1st Miss World crown?
The difference really lies in the unison and stability of our team, the preparation of our contestants and the determination of our crown queen. On this note, I believe togetherness and unity are the differentiating factors needed to give us the advantage and the momentum necessary in winning our first Miss World Crown. This being said, winning the ultimate crown will take a national effort.

12.What advice would you give to any future contestants who wish to compete in Miss World Guyana pageant?
Be the change you need to see in the world. Be prepared to lead by lending your time, energy and your voice to civil engagement projects. Be a beauty of purpose and unveil your true potential by preparing to share your talents with our Guyanese community and the world. It is a known fact that The Miss World® pageant is unlike any other pageant in the world. It prepares beautiful young women for the world at large with a focus on humanitarianism. Becoming a contestant in the Miss World Guyana pageant should be an honor as it is one of the few jobs a young woman can have that changes her life as she become a national symbol for Guyanese women everywhere as well a role model in and out her community and country.
devonhari3

Postby devonhari3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 pm

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL MISS WORLD GUYANA 2014 ASPIRANTS...DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR AN ADDITIONAL WEEK!

The Miss World Guyana Organization early this morning announced an extended week for submitting application forms for aspiring contestants for the 2014 competition. Application deadline has been extended to Saturday, February 8th 2014. Original deadline for application submission was January 31st, 2014. This extended week is aim to ensure a more effective and efficient screening of prospective contestants. Aspirants are advised to use this extended time to make all last minute changes to their application and ensure all sections of the application is thoroughly completed.
devonhari3

Postby devonhari3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:10 pm

[size=150]Miss World Guyana 2014 is tentatively scheduled for May 26th 2014 at the National Cultural Center. Expect to see at least 10 finalists battle it out for a chance to represent our country at Miss World 2014.

[/size]
devonhari3

Return to Guyana