THE BIG QUESTION - India’s failure at the Big 5

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

THE BIG QUESTION - India’s failure at the Big 5

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm

I know this is going to be bit lengthy but i think it should be conveyed. These are merely my observations n i just hope its helps the people related to pageants in my country. And respected mods and admins if you think this is good enough please put it in the global section for sometime. I really wish my words reach their right destination. Also very important i am not talking about any person in specific.. i m just talking generally. So i hope it is taken in a very positive light because my concern for my country’s performance in the international pageants is very genuine n straight from my heart.

I don’t claim to be a pageant guru...i m just a fan like most of you but i do observe n i wish my country does well like most of you wish for your country. Every failure and defeat comes with the responsibility of introspection n deep analysis so i thought i should do it for my country’s sake. Plus missosology provides with a bold and daring platform where i can humbly voice out my opinion. So yes i am going to do that. I believe a victory at the prestigious international pageants is result of a great team work and dedication which is not at all easy. I am not the kind of person who would blame politics for my country’s failure..for me its either you deserve it or you don’t. For me, india’s failure in the Big 5 lies mainly with the representatives , their team n the organisation behind them collectively.

THE BIG QUESTION - Why Indian girls don’t win any Big 5 pageants anymore ?- i tried to find an honest answer to it n i discovered its not just one thing but there are several factors responsible for it.

Every Year after MI & ME most of the Indian pageant fans wish that Times group should drop these franchises. just because they aren't placing your girl that doesn't mean that the pageant is being unfair. But this year they did it. That is completely wrong in my opinion. I just won’t question the credibility of International pageants. It is the same country that produced 2 Misses Universe, 4 Misses World and 1 Miss Asia Pacific along with several runner up placements at Miss International and other pageants in a short span of six years has failed to enter the top 5 of Miss Universe since 2001, only entered the top 7 of MW twice since 2000, won Miss Earth in 2010 but went unplaced after that for five years and has no winner in Miss International in 55 years of its existence.

Both the organization and the girls are at fault – in my honest opinion

India at the Big 5

MW - No crown in 15 years
Miss Universe - No crown in 15 years
MI - No crown in 55 years
ME - No placement after 2010

This year they have hit the jackpot...india clapped in the Big 5..though my research will be just limited to femina miss india n they don’t have ME and MI franchise. The new organisation which has bagged those franchises in new in the business with no experience ... so i won’t talk about it.

here i go about the lost prestige, the lost honour...

Last edited by wingsofnightingale on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
wingsofnightingale
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alston
Date of Birth: 04 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Fashion editor
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Goddesses

Re: THE BIG QUESTION - India’s failure at the Big 5

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 pm

30 Mistakes from the Organization’s side in my observation

1.GIRLS ARE NOT GIVEN PROPER HAIR AND MAKE UP TRAINING: No proper makeup training to girls. If they give at all, is totally disappointing in my opinion. This is one reason our girls are not able to stand out.

2. LOW INVESTMENT ON A GOOD WARDROBE: Tacky wardrobe for daily activities. (except for few pieces ...majority wardrobe is very mediocre)

3. REPETITIVE TYPE OF GOWN: Same type of sheer (see through) gowns....ENOUGH now!most of them are silver n gold.

4. THE WAY OF JUDGEMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION IS OUTDATED: Old, non updated evaluation system.

5. MISMANAGEMENT OF FRANCHISES: All franchises should be treated equal and their representatives prepared to best levels.

6. GIRLS ARE NOT ABLE TO HANDLE STRESS: No stress and pressure handling training is given. International pageants tests your endurance n Indian girls fail there lately.

7. NO EXPOSURE IN REGARD OF PUBLIC SPEAKING: Girls are not made open to public debates and interviews. They are kept hidden through out their reign.

8. MODELS AND BEAUTY QUEENS ARE DIFFERENT - They are trained to walk like models and not beauty queens...

9. PILATES IS RUINING THEIR CHANCES: Pilates should be a big NO...International pageant do not appreciate heavy bottom bodies. The fitness regime should include weights and cardio.

10. IMPROPER MANAGEMENT OF PRIZE MONEY: The Miss India prize is unknown and that makes it non lucrative and many good looking girls turn down when they are asked to join/apply.(IF AT ALL IT IS LUCRATIVE, THEN PUBLICIZE IT WELL)

11. NO EMPHASIS ON SPEECH TRAINING: All of them are not given sufficient communication skill training. GIRLS JUST DON’T HAVE GOOD INTERVIEW SKILLS. Its not just about fluency in the language its more about the content and substance you talk.

12. WRONG FORMAT OF JUDGEMENT: Top 10 Q n A has to go. They need to focus on swimsuit (Beach beauty) and evening gown round (Top Model) and Interview the top 5 girls’ n then common question.

13. OUTDATED SELECTION PROCESS - The whole process of selection lacks transparency. Scores need to be shown by individual judge.

14. WRONG JUDGES AT THE NATIONAL PAGEANT - Pageant veterans and people from fashion fraternity should be called to judge and not cricketers.

15. POOR RELATIONSHIP WITH INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS: Relationship management should develop better relations with rest of pageants also like MW esp. with Miss Universe.

16. GIRLS DON’T LOOK WELL POLISHED: Confidence building workshops should be organized for all the winners.

17. WINNING THE CROWN IS NOT THEIR ULTIMATE GOAL: Girls should be kept away from excessive sponsor commitments..i know its important but too much of anything is not good. Their entire focus should be international pageants and placements.

18. NO PRIZE FOR A HIGH PLACEMENT: A special lucrative prize should be announced for those who will place high. This will keep the momentum of girls high. THIS NEVER HAPPENS THOUGH.

19. GIRLS ARE NOT WELL READ & WELL INFORMED - They might talk well at times but they need to be major events taking place across the world esp. issues related to politics and economics

20. LOOKBOOK IS NOT PREPARED: If they are at the pageant for 20 days. Then all their looks for entire 20 days should be pre planned and snapped. This collection called look book should be with the girl and the national director. If it is really given then why our girls look lost in most of their pics.

21. PRE-DEPARTURE promotion is very weak and has no impact.

22. Less time of preparation to girls

23. WRONG NOTIONS ABOUT COSMETIC SURGERY: lack of presence of good cosmetic experts that can make girls easy with the notion of cosmetic treatments.

24. NO RESEARCH AND LESS KNOWELEDGE OF THE PAGEANT’S ESSENCE: Girls are not taught the essence of the pageant they are sent to.

25. GIRLS DO NOT KNOW “TIME MANAGEMENT”– It’s a common scenario. Girls are found cribbing “We don’t get enough time” and this does not really work with the westerners and Europeans. If they don’t know it....teach them.

26. Weak post International crown winning/high placement promotion.

27. Lack of buzz creation at the time of commencement of an international pageant

28. Preparation is not according to the wants of a pageant

29. Limited SCOUTING: Scouting process needs to change big time and requires starting as early as possible. It should just not be limited to 20-23 big cities. It should go to smaller cities n towns.

30. LEAST INVOLVEMENT OF PAST WINNERS IN SELECTION AND GROOMING PROCESS: India has produced several winners but their expertise and experience is not involved in the grooming process. The groomers and experts (not all but majority of them) have no idea about International pageantry.
wingsofnightingale

Postby Agua Maldita » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Urvashi was just all over the place but she is STUNNING!

India needs to keep up with the changes. Philippines did it's homework.

The Euro and Asian girls are doing the same.

Keep me posted on Urvashi and Nicole Faria :hx
ImageImage
Agua Maldita
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alyssa
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Missosology Royalty
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants. GTL. Beach, Travel.

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:09 pm

30 MISTAKES THAT miss indias might be making AT INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS esp the Big 5

Obviously i was not there to see how the girls behaved throughout the pageant but these are the mistakes girls definitely should not make..

Mistakes that a national winner should never make at international pageants

Mistakes from Girl’s side

1. Going without having know how about apt make up for themselves .Looking dull and non glamorous at events is a big NO. The hair is usually dry and skin looks dull. The styling sense of Miss India’s is usually very poor and it needs special attention.

2. The ill-fitting wardrobe. Not trying your wardrobe beforehand. It should not be mediocre. It should suit the girl and you should carry it off really well...which is most important.

3. Picking a gown for the sake of it. It is the most important wardrobe. Research well about the latest trends n what you can use to your advantage.

4. Not giving emphasis on activities of the pageant. You are watched 24*7 by the pageant chaperons.

5. Feeling depressed under stress and pressure. You should know the cure and work best under pressures...that’s what pageants are all about.

6. Being bitchy, arrogant, rude and moody. No one is going to take your sh*t. always be caring, humble, sweet and gracious. (avoid backbiting)

7. Always feeling shy to take initiatives. be the leader. be the public speaker. grab the opportunity if you are being given or asked for. but do not be over confident.

8. Forgetting to smile on stage due to nervousness. smile is what shows you are confident.

9. Going to just win the prize money. BELIEVE ME, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO PROVE OR SAY....YOU WILL NEVER WIN.

10. Not knowing your exercise. At times girls forget to maintain themselves. Once you land up at a pageant fitness becomes uttermost important. so know exercises that do not need much of equipment n can help you maintain your fitness.

11. Not taking diction and content development seriously and feeling like u know it all. This attitude is totally wrong. Personality matters a lot and it comes with your way of delivering speech and your content. So always be updated about the current affairs so that you always have something to tell.

12. Overestimating personality. Pageants are not just to judge personality. Your physique, fitness and maintenance of the body count a lot esp. at Miss Earth with all its challenge events.

13. Ranting and whining. There would be certain times that your name for a certain event or a sub contest top list would not be called. So take it positively than ranting and whining thinking the contest in unfair which is never the case.

14. Thinking judges of a particular nationality would favour their own nationalities. Never think like that. If this is the case then same countries would win every year more or less. If you are good enough and you have done your homework. You will get your reward.

15. Not trying to build good relations with members of the pageant organization. This should not happen. Don’t think that only judges have the last say and that is where you have to make an impact. Every member of the pageant organization is important. So always exhibit a great side of yours.

16. Losing confidence. Never lose it. It is the only thing which would help go far in the competition. If you are confident enough, then you will remain positive and good things happen with positive minded people only. You can opt for confidence building workshops in your preparation time for the international pageant.

17. Losing focus. Then what is the whole purpose of putting in so much hard work by you and your team. Never lose focus. Your aim should be high placement and the crown and nothing else. Always keep this in mind that you are representing not only yourself but your country on a whole, your team on a whole.

18. Going after prizes. Sometimes what happens if you win a sub contest, you think you will the main pageant and stop concentrating. This should not be the case. Winning or not winning a prize should be used as a motivation and not as an indicator of a sure victory.

19. Talking for the sake of it. If you are not well read with the topic then do not speak about it ignorantly. Neither during public speaking or in the interviews. Rather smile and gracefully try to change it if the ball is in your court.

20. Not taking a look book and thinking you are a fashionista. If you are at a pageant for 20 days then all your 20 looks should be pre planned and snapped. This is how you would be able to stand out in the crowd.

21. No promotion and buzz creation before International pageant. If you will remain stuck up and hideous before the international pageant and do not create a fan base via interaction through different medias...then you will go unnoticed.

22. Blaming time and schedule at the last moment. It’s not about how much time you got to prepare...it’s about how much you prepared in the given time. No one is responsible for your failure or success but you.

23. Underestimating yourself because you did not have a cosmetic treatment. This is so wrong. If you are confident and have prepared yourself according to the requirements of the international pageant then you do not need to put yourself down. It will do you no good.

24. Forgetting the essence of a pageant. Sometimes what happens is you tend to forget what the cause of the pageant is. Remember enjoying the experience is one thing and taking it as a paid vacation is another.

25. Feeling Homesick and lonely. It is actually not a mistake. It happens. But even if there are things you cannot share with your new friends there .you can always cheer yourself up with your collection of songs that you like and which soothe you. Never give yourself an excuse to look back.

26. Cloning Past successful Miss India’s. The girls today do not have their own unique persona. Most of them try to copy past Miss India’s which makes them look like a clone n not a real living personality with her unique ideology and identity.

27. Not being in touch with the fans. I know that India has won many online based awards recently but the truth is something different. Many of the girls are not even known among the public. They just get little attention in the pageant season and there is no Buzz about them at all.

28. Time and again, I have been saying that the Miss India Brand has lost its prestige. It’s no more a thing of honour and pride in India. Girls basically look at it as a shortcut to get into Indian TV and Film industry (Bollywood).

29. Don’t just completely rely on miss india organisation for everything. Walk an extra mile yourself of you really wish to achieve something.

30. All top models are working under contracts with modelling agencies and a model in India makes much more fortune than any beauty queen would make. It is for this reason that girls prefer modeling than to join beauty pageants.
Last edited by wingsofnightingale on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wingsofnightingale

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Majority Girls lack Majority of the following attributes

wingsofnightingale

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:11 pm

The Goal: To win (not just place)

Don’t cross fingers to get lucky. Prepare yourself to win and for that do everything that is necessary for it. The traditional idea of “beauty queens” has to change. It’s not just about empowering women, or working for the community or wishing world-peace that moves things there. It is more about searching, finding, transforming and becoming the best contender for the international competitions, especially the Big four pageants esp Miss World n Miss Universe.
wingsofnightingale

Postby wingsofnightingale » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm

This is what they should do after crowining the winners.

POST CORONATION DEVELOPMENTS

The three most important things after getting well deserving winners are :

Training, makeover and publicity

Training :

It should be as per the requirements of the International pageant. It should be consistent, regular and well scheduled. The girls should be made aware that their main focus should be the international crown and all of them should be given equal importance. The training should include:

1. Teach the girls discipline. To be a Miss India should not just be about luxury and publicity.

2. Catwalk skills in swimsuit, evening gown and casual day wears.

3. Teach her make up that will help her make her face look more symmetrical.

4. Sponsor her personal and official page and let her interact with the fans most of the time n not just when her International pageant is about to begin.

5. Teach her to talk like diplomats ( she should be well read and well informed)

6. Work on her smile. A beauty queen has to smile more often.

7. Make her aware what suits her and what does not.

8. Teach her event based make up and hair.

9. Do lots of high fashion photo shoots to show the girl’s versatility.

10. Make the girl do some pageant research.

11. Arrange many public speaking events for her.

12. Do not spoon feed her. She should be trained to work under pressure.

13. If point 12 is implemented, then she will be able to fight with stress.

14. Warn her for being an airhead. No point in working so hard for airhead girls.

15. Should be taught how to work the camera. Should know her photogenic angles.

16. Pose and gestures are very important indicators for a beauty queen.

17. Check if she is giving lot of complaints. The attitude has to be checked. If the Organization is at fault....they should take the necessary measures.

18. She should be taught basic exercises that would keep her fit and tone all the time.

19. The sponsor visits needs to be narrowed down because they put a lot of interruption in their schedule of continuous training.

20. MAKE HER LEARN “NOT TO CRIB” for the time and resources.

21. She should also be taught the basics of Spanish language so that she can mix up with Latin American contestants at her respective international pageant.

MAKEOVER: Something Miss India Organization really fails at giving and Miss India’s fail at attaining are the makeovers which can range from permanent makeup (cosmetic surgery) to temporary makeup, teeth whitening and loads of other mandatory lessons in this regard.
From teeth whitening, Botox, skin treatments to nose job everything should be offered to the winners and to go for it or not should be the end and independent decision of the girl herself.

PUBLICITY/MARKETING: I call it as the backbone of training and makeover. If the girls are not publicized throughout then they can never be the icons which we want them to be. Every girl should have a small documentary made about her life after pageant that should include her preparation for her international pageant. This should be released at least 1 month before their departure to the international pageant. To win the online contests and promoting it on different social media platforms is good but not enough. Things have to be done smartly.
The girls should be involved in loads of on the spot media interviews so that she is confident enough in regard of her public speaking skills which presently our girls lack to a great extent.

-end-
wingsofnightingale

Postby manies_flip » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Interesting outlook. Urvashi is gorgeous but the big hair and thick makeup is too much. I think their wardrobe is good, I loved miss world India's wardrobe. Indian reps are always great speakers too.
Team Philippines !!!!!!!

INC

Credit to owner
manies_flip
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Marie
Date of Birth: 16 Oct 1994
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: reading, drawing, etc.
Message: be your self; because every one else is already taken - Oscar Wilde

Postby rockondude » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:54 pm

International appeal. You guys send your best girl to IMG.

The girl send to Miss universe was mishandle her styling was a disaster. She should have go with dark hair, white skin and no contact lenses. You guys lost a great candidate due to a disaster in styling
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby Beta » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:35 pm

This needs to be copied on the SEAL of EXCELLENCE thread and posted as a sticky on the GLOBAL.

Wings -- you pretty much divulged the secrets in one post. Even though this was intended for viewing as related to Indian queens, they definitely pertain to all prospective queens. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information. Future contenders may want to bookmark and take note!

Diva also needs to take note, I hope their people see this.

on a lighter note: No Pilates???/ big bottoms?? i think i need to have a word with my gym trainer.. :%(( :%((

what does "not to crib" mean?
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby abcde » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:44 am

I said it before and I will say it again, India has got one of the most beautiful faces in the world. The profile is truly mesmerizing. The problem is definitely what wings has written. We Filipino fans have waited for so many years just to bounce back. Who knows.... India's time is just around the corner. :-*
No one else can fill it like I can
abcde

Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1980
Profession: critique
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: hohum

Postby stigmata » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:58 am

As a kid, I grew up watching Miss Universe and MW for how many years. For those early years, I always saw Indian candidates being crowned , placed or called as runner-up. I was always asking why India? Why not Philippines for a change? :%((

I and most of us the Filipinos love Indian winners of the past esp. their eyes, wit and grace. They epitomized what a true beauty queen for us.
We waited for so long and when we got Miriam in 1999- you could not blame us if we were so ecstatic and ever defending to Miriam even though she's just a runner-up. We wanted to have a queen.

2000s
This decade was a disaster for our country. After how many years of non-placement, I decided not to watch Miss Universe and MW any longer. I said for as long as we do not get the right girls for these pageants, we would not make it. Ms Photogenic was just the only award we celebrated and mind you, it was even being broadcasted in national news (thats how we love pageants, Im laughing when Im typing this lol). :-O
Even in ME, oh lord- this was staged here in the Philippines- but we did not get our crown in the early years of ME.
But Precious Lara Quigaman gave another hope for this pageant-crazy nation. When she was crowned, she had her moment, great homecoming and even assisted by Pacquiao to grace the year we hosted the SEA Games. :D/

And Venus Raj(who has Indian blood also) happened, I believe she was our true lucky charm. She started it.. And the rest is history. 8->

I believe aside from the things you mentioned (which I found on point and worthy to be read by NDs and candidates) , its also about timing. You guys got your golden years in the world of pageanty, Venezuela got theirs and our country is more than willing and preparing harder to get what is for us. =D>

To Team ASIA, we are still a force to reckon with. I am hoping in the near future, bashing our continent's queens wont happen any more! <:-P <:-P
Happy New Year!
2010's: DECADE OF PINAY BEAUTY QUEENS
UNIVERSE WORLD INTERNATIONAL EARTH SUPRANATIONAL
GLOBE REINA HISPANOAMERICANA SUPERMODEL OF THE WORLD
NATURE INTERCONTINENTAL TOURISM INTL. PROGRESS INTL. etc
stigmata
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1989
Profession: Accounting
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Playing, watching, reading

Postby jaa » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:38 am

I've not posted anything on misso for a while, but this is a matter which I definitely want to discuss.
1st of all I think Miss India org is working really hard and to a great extent they are also listening what fans say. Aditi's exclusion from MW came as a shock to me. But in case of Urvashi, many,of us knew she might fail to place at Miss Universe right from the time she auditioned for miss diva. Some of us were afraid to say so because of crazy urvashi fans and some were in denial mode.
Here's the thing-
Right after urvashi won miss diva during her homecoming urvashi told media that after homecoming celebrations she will resume her acting ventures and she'll get only 15 days preparation time for Miss Universe. Just 15 day!!!! But I still thought even 15 days time was sufficient if used properly. But did u know that even a week before the Miss Universe Urvashi never attended any training sessions with femina team! She only took their help in gown selection that too because Rocky is a good friend of Urvashi.
It is tradition at femina that when a miss India is leaving for international pageant, they organize a small send off party which is attended by all miss India title holders. Did u see such send off party of Urvashi? Forget about party, did u see any person from miss India org at urvashi's departure? No! That's because urvashi did not take any training from femina. Its like she prepared and left for Miss Universe on her own.
Femina does provide hairstyle and makeup training to its title holders. Both Manasi and Noyonita had posted pics from training sessions on fb. But Urvashi continued her own sense of style and makeup. In an interview from last year Urvashi has said that she follows ''suno sabki and karo khudaki'' ideology. It seem she followed the same thing here and that itself hurt her chances of winning.
So what was the fault of Miss India org? I would say crowning urvashi was their fault. Gone are the days when miss India was considered gateway to Bollywood. Now since 2007 miss India hasn't given a relevant Bollywood star. Urvashi being a successful newcomer of Bollywood femina crowned her just to attach miss India brand name to her. I firmly believe girls like Hemali, naveli or even Hida would have had better chance of placing at Miss Universe.
Urvashi was stubborn, overconfident and Latina wannabe. Deal with it! Just hope we get a hardworking and dedicated queen like Manasi or vartika next year
jaa
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Jan 1994
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: music, movies

Postby Pilorectus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:43 am

You are the biggest HYPOCRITE and you should be ashamed of yourself! You werent saying all these shit a week or two weeks ago. You were all praised and so CONFIDENT that MISS INDIA would make it, she's the best, the most beautiful, she's gonna win..blah blah. You OVERHYPED INDIA so much yo even fooled people for putting India on their list. And now , you're saying she's unprepared, overconfident, wardrobe sucked, bad styling, etc. etc. YOU ARE A BUFFOON!!
Pilorectus

Real Life Name/Nick: Jay
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: slayer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Twerking

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:23 am

Beta wrote:This needs to be copied on the SEAL of EXCELLENCE thread and posted as a sticky on the GLOBAL.

Wings -- you pretty much divulged the secrets in one post. Even though this was intended for viewing as related to Indian queens, they definitely pertain to all prospective queens. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information. Future contenders may want to bookmark and take note!

Diva also needs to take note, I hope their people see this.

on a lighter note: No Pilates???/ big bottoms?? i think i need to have a word with my gym trainer.. :%(( :%((

what does "not to crib" mean?

thank you dear beta for the appreciation ...forgive me for my poor vocabulary..the right word should be "complain" ...."not to complain"...
wingsofnightingale

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:41 am

jaa wrote:I've not posted anything on misso for a while, but this is a matter which I definitely want to discuss.
1st of all I think Miss India org is working really hard and to a great extent they are also listening what fans say. Aditi's exclusion from MW came as a shock to me. But in case of Urvashi, many,of us knew she might fail to place at Miss Universe right from the time she auditioned for miss diva. Some of us were afraid to say so because of crazy urvashi fans and some were in denial mode.
Here's the thing-
Right after urvashi won miss diva during her homecoming urvashi told media that after homecoming celebrations she will resume her acting ventures and she'll get only 15 days preparation time for Miss Universe. Just 15 day!!!! But I still thought even 15 days time was sufficient if used properly. But did u know that even a week before the Miss Universe Urvashi never attended any training sessions with femina team! She only took their help in gown selection that too because Rocky is a good friend of Urvashi.
It is tradition at femina that when a miss India is leaving for international pageant, they organize a small send off party which is attended by all miss India title holders. Did u see such send off party of Urvashi? Forget about party, did u see any person from miss India org at urvashi's departure? No! That's because urvashi did not take any training from femina. Its like she prepared and left for Miss Universe on her own.
Femina does provide hairstyle and makeup training to its title holders. Both Manasi and Noyonita had posted pics from training sessions on fb. But Urvashi continued her own sense of style and makeup. In an interview from last year Urvashi has said that she follows ''suno sabki and karo khudaki'' ideology. It seem she followed the same thing here and that itself hurt her chances of winning.
So what was the fault of Miss India org? I would say crowning urvashi was their fault. Gone are the days when miss India was considered gateway to Bollywood. Now since 2007 miss India hasn't given a relevant Bollywood star. Urvashi being a successful newcomer of Bollywood femina crowned her just to attach miss India brand name to her. I firmly believe girls like Hemali, naveli or even Hida would have had better chance of placing at Miss Universe.
Urvashi was stubborn, overconfident and Latina wannabe. Deal with it! Just hope we get a hardworking and dedicated queen like Manasi or vartika next year

i totally agree with you jaa...although aditi's exclusion from the top 20 didn't come as a shock to me because somewhere down the line i had realised that she was not meant for miss world. her communication skills were being over-estimated...having heard her hosting the mr.india world auditions i was somehow convinced that she was never that good. she had the articulation but thats it. plus her intro video for miss world ..she sounded rehearsed with those heavy weight words. i never found it real. [ this is just my personal opinion with no harm intended]...yes, i did support her........why not...she was representing india at one of the biggest pageants n i do have an ounce of nationalism in me but at the end nothing helps..it all boils down to what international organisers n judges are looking for...and she was certainly not that. :)>-
wingsofnightingale

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 am

Pilorectus wrote:You are the biggest HYPOCRITE and you should be ashamed of yourself! You werent saying all these shit a week or two weeks ago. You were all praised and so CONFIDENT that MISS INDIA would make it, she's the best, the most beautiful, she's gonna win..blah blah. You OVERHYPED INDIA so much yo even fooled people for putting India on their list. And now , you're saying she's unprepared, overconfident, wardrobe sucked, bad styling, etc. etc. YOU ARE A BUFFOON!!

girl are you okay @-) ...everything should be said at the right time. who knows these girls might be visiting the forum during their pageant n where did i mention that i am talking about urvashi in particular or anyother indian representative. no, i just posted their daily updates...i never even once said that they were going to win. i am just talking in general...read the top most post carefully.n do u really think that am capable of fooling other people here :%)) so that they put my girls on their lists...does it even matter. i did support them when they needed because i do have an ounce of hope in me ..hope for my country's success on the international stage. so its you who is worse than a BUFFOON not me :)>-
wingsofnightingale

Postby steve » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:00 am

India will be back in the game sooner or later.

Life is a cycle - sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down.

During the 90's India ruled both Miss Universe and MW.

Back then, India was 'feared', respected and a source of inspiration (especially to Pinoy fans).

:-*
IT'S MISS UNIVERSE SEASON!
IT'S WAR SEASON!
IT'S BASHING SEASON!
steve

Real Life Name/Nick: steve
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: surfing

Postby MissoCA » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:21 am

Pilorectus wrote:You are the biggest HYPOCRITE and you should be ashamed of yourself! You werent saying all these shit a week or two weeks ago. You were all praised and so CONFIDENT that MISS INDIA would make it, she's the best, the most beautiful, she's gonna win..blah blah. You OVERHYPED INDIA so much yo even fooled people for putting India on their list. And now , you're saying she's unprepared, overconfident, wardrobe sucked, bad styling, etc. etc. YOU ARE A BUFFOON!!

Thank you! This is a great response! All Indian forumers are like that it seems. They gloat and crow until they're backed into a corner and then they become saints and martyrs all of a sudden. I've learned over the years that you also have to be very careful trusting these people. You always have to watch your back when you're around them. Case and point, in the engineering world! Maybe not all, but most are straight up backstabbers. They will throw you under the bus if it means getting ahead. They'll smile in your face and talk about you behind your back. They're masters at manipulating your words and fabricating stories to make it seem like it's the truth. These threads are merely a charade so look past it and don't be fooled. Next year, I assure you, it'll start over again. They come out firing and claiming to be the best at everything and that they're going to take over. When they fail, they all become pageant scholars, pretending to be the most educated and sincere! It's all BS.
MissoCA

Real Life Name/Nick: Allie
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1996
Profession: Consumer - the pricier the better
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, style, and hot guys of course.

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:30 am

MissoCA wrote:

Thank you! This is a great response! All Indian forumers are like that it seems. They gloat and crow until they're backed into a corner and then they become saints and martyrs all of a sudden. I've learned over the years that you also have to be very careful trusting these people. You always have to watch your back when you're around them. Case and point, in the engineering world! Maybe not all, but most are straight up backstabbers. They will throw you under the bus if it means getting ahead. They'll smile in your face and talk about you behind your back. They're masters at manipulating your words and fabricating stories to make it seem like it's the truth. These threads are merely a charade so look past it and don't be fooled. Next year, I assure you, it'll start over again. They come out firing and claiming to be the best at everything and that they're going to take over. When they fail, they all become pageant scholars, pretending to be the most educated and sincere! It's all BS.

did an indian dump you :-O
wingsofnightingale

Postby chorr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:37 am

Wings, I really believe that timing is everything. We win some, we lose some. Not just in pageants but in life in general. Philippines endured more than a decade of being crownless.
I agree on the prep work though. Miss Venezuela is the best example for it.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby monmon298 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 am

Whenever Miss India reps make the top 5, they always nail the Q&A

People with jobs/life spend less time online.
monmon298

Date of Birth: 31 Aug 1987
Profession: Government Employee
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PublicHealth, Microbiology, Genomics, Epidemiology

Postby Pilorectus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:51 am

wingsofnightingale wrote:

girl are you okay @-) ...everything should be said at the right time. who knows these girls might be visiting the forum during their pageant n where did i mention that i am talking about urvashi in particular or anyother indian representative. no, i just posted their daily updates...i never even once said that they were going to win. i am just talking in general...read the top most post carefully.n do u really think that am capable of fooling other people here :%)) so that they put my girls on their lists...does it even matter. i did support them when they needed because i do have an ounce of hope in me ..hope for my country's success on the international stage. so its you who is worse than a BUFFOON not me :)>-

BULLCRAP! SO NOW YOURE A VICTIM? YOU THINK YOURE MISS COLOMBIA??=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Pilorectus

Postby MissoCA » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:55 am

MissoCA wrote:

[size=150]Here's another pompous response. What makes you think I'm even interested in Indians? No thank you. I like the food, but not the men. You couldn't pay me enough. LMAO.
[/size]
MissoCA

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:58 am

MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:

[size=150]Here's another pompous response. What makes you think I'm even interested in Indians? No thank you. I like the food, but not the men. You couldn't pay me enough. LMAO.
[/size]

yes you are interested. else you would not be knowing so much about indians. now don't tell me you are not....hope that guy who dumped you gets back to you, :=p
wingsofnightingale

Postby Pilorectus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:02 am

MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:

[/size]

=;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Pilorectus

Postby kkauen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:03 am

This is really a nice read wings.

Most of the time India sends a girl who could really win the crown. India is a powerhouse in Asia specially in the 90's when PH fails to place in the Big 2.

I really hope that India would be able to bounce back next year.

ASIA should unite more than ever like what Latinas usually do.
kkauen

Real Life Name/Nick: kkauen
Profession: Heir
Hobbies/Interests: Burning bitches

Postby Pilorectus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 am

MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:

[/size]

yes you are interested. else you would not be knowing so much about indians. now don't tell me you are not....hope that guy who dumped you gets back to you, :=p

INDIAN women are exotic and pretty. Indian men, however. No Thank you!
Pilorectus

Postby MissoCA » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 am

MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:

[/size]

You're disgusting. it's because i'm an engineer and I work with the entire population of bombay! Thank goodness I have my own office because when i walk out, it smells like spicy morning breath! like i said, i don't know anyone interested in indian men, and why would they? I'm not claiming to be the prettiest girl, but I can hold my own and Indians are at the very bottom of my list, trust me when i say that. LMAO. Oh and why do you people wear trek sandals all the time with your dirty looking toes hanging out - it's disgusting! Oh and why do Indian men hold hands or why do you all put your arms around each other when as far as i know, they're heterosexual? One last question, why do you bob your head when you talk? it's distracting.
MissoCA

Postby wingsofnightingale » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:16 am

MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:
MissoCA wrote:

[/size]

You're disgusting. it's because i'm an engineer and I work with the entire population of bombay! Thank goodness I have my own office because when i walk out, it smells like spicy morning breath! like i said, i don't know anyone interested in indian men, and why would they? I'm not claiming to be the prettiest girl, but I can hold my own and Indians are at the very bottom of my list, trust me when i say that. LMAO. Oh and why do you people wear trek sandals all the time with your dirty looking toes hanging out - it's disgusting! Oh and why do Indian men hold hands or why do you all put your arms around each other when as far as i know, they're heterosexual? One last question, why do you bob your head when you talk? it's distracting.

you are definitely in love with an indian...you are just hurt because he dumped you. >:D<
wingsofnightingale

Next

Return to GENERAL