Pageant Terrorists

Image
Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!



  • 34

Pageant Terrorists

Postby fermnedoza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 am

    

The Philippines' recent strides at international pageants seemed to have spoiled the Filipinos rotten.

Gone were the days when we're happy by just making the first cut even when it happened only once in a blue moon.

Gone were the days when the mere announcement of our queens' names as special awardees were enough cause for cheers and pride. When a mere mention of their names other than during the introduction was enough to make us swoon.

Now we are hoggish; that we felt that beauty pageants should and must now only revolve and evolve around us.

We no longer look at pageants as an arena for friendly competitions, we are now looking at it as an arena for dominion. We now see placements and victories as entitlements, a birthright, as if pageants organizers are indebted to us thus we now expect them to bend on our whims.

Pageant organizers spoiled us too much now with those placements. Now we expect our candidates to win or always place as if we're the only country capable of sending winnable candidates. As if its our birth right and as if pageants owe us that much Every time we failed, we're all ready to cry murder. That we were robbed. That we were cheated. Heck, this early I am already afraid for our future delegate who might end our streak, which will naturally happen one day . Will our compatriots disown her? Flog her, beat her, stone her to death?

We're no longer the greatest pageant fans that we used to be, we have become our worst enemy. We are now pageantry's terrorists.


fermnedoza
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Bohol
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2335
Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Gender: Male
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

  • -4

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby SHREWD » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 am

Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/
Image
SHREWD
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:28 pm
Country: Guernsey (gg)
Reputation: 1645
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Spy
Hobbies/Interests: Events

  • 10

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Busyboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:49 am

SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/


It seems Karen really had strong impact to you... That she made you think and reason out illogically. Well, 11 more months of agony for you sir... Enjoy! :-D :-D :-D
MY BIG FOUR QUEENS!

PHILIPPINES (Miss Universe)-PHILIPPINES (MW)-PUERTO RICO (ME)-JAPAN (MI)
Busyboy
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 937
Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia
Message: Write a message here

  • 7

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Busyboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 am

I agree ferm... Pinoy pageant fans now are so demanding, both on the pageant organizers and the candidates themselves. I hope they can give the ladies some slack. These ladies are under so much pressure, and it is saddening that most of those pressure come from their own countrymen...
MY BIG FOUR QUEENS!

PHILIPPINES (Miss Universe)-PHILIPPINES (MW)-PUERTO RICO (ME)-JAPAN (MI)
Busyboy
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 937
Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby goddessoxana27 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 am

Worst scenarios I foresee with our fellow pageant fanatics and enthusiast
2-3 years from now.

Bullying left to right

More bashing than appreciation

No more respect and defaming unlimitedly.

It's better to see this industry shutted down than deteriorates the avid followers.



Love to play online games and PS games


:hx :hx :hx
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
User avatar
goddessoxana27
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3620
Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

  • 9

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby hauteegirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:06 am

I think most of you guys are so misso centered. Look around you, try going to instagram or even learn others languages. The latinos are calling Demi Leigh chihuahua face just because Venezuela and Colombia lost. Or, the venezuelans are creating rumors that Colombia's placements are just the payment of the mistake that Miss Universe did in 2015. Don't be too hard on yourself just bcoz you see your fellow pinoys made comments. Just look around.
User avatar
hauteegirl
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 6649
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: counting millions of $
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 3

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby JorgeInternational » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 am

You repeat a false rumor!!
Most Latinos are happy with Demi's victory :)>-

It is also false that Miss Venezuela and Miss Colombia lost, they had an honorable position in the Top 5!

other pretty girls didn't even reach the Top 16

hauteegirl wrote:I think most of you guys are so misso centered. Look around you, try going to instagram or even learn others languages. The latinos are calling Demi Leigh chihuahua face just because Venezuela and Colombia lost. Or, the venezuelans are creating rumors that Colombia's placements are just the payment of the mistake that Miss Universe did in 2015. Don't be too hard on yourself just bcoz you see your fellow pinoys made comments. Just look around.
User avatar
JorgeInternational
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 pm
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Reputation: 725
Date of Birth: 21 Apr 1999
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Gossips Official Informant
Hobbies/Interests: Football, beauty pageants - Read detective stories

  • 1

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby The Oracle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:40 am

This TS is trying hard to intellectualize things, trying hard to come out as a clean pageant fan, when truth of the matter is any fandom, pageants and what not, have the same tendency and that is to take things to extreme. It is a fact that fans can be rabid, emotional, and self destructing. It is a human tendency that is not isolated to pageantry or any group of people or country. Your argument in fact is a sub class of fanaticism, wherein you think the world of pageantry revolves around one group of people against the rest. Just enjoy pageants as it is, no need to brandish extreme fans from those who are. At the end of the day you are just like the rest of us, spectators. No amount of intellectualizing will make you better than the other fans.
User avatar
The Oracle
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 146
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Wordsmith
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty and Death
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby krissynelli » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:43 am

WHAT ABOUT THOSE "PAGEANT CHEATERS" ? =i
OMG!...YEAR 1947- YEAR 2017...70 YEARS!...ISRAEL!...THE BIBLE PROPHECY IS TAKING OFF FAST!..THE "END TIMES"--ON A ROLL!...#GOOSEBUMPS
User avatar
krissynelli
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 13826
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 am
Location: BEKI, PUERTArico
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 9075
Real Life Name/Nick: krissylicious
Date of Birth: 22 May 1978
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: MAQUILLAGE
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: DILDOING, CATFIGHTS, WITCHCRAFT AND SORCERY
Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

  • 4

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby hauteegirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:23 am

JorgeInternational wrote:You repeat a false rumor!!
Most Latinos are happy with Demi's victory :)>-

It is also false that Miss Venezuela and Miss Colombia lost, they had an honorable position in the Top 5!

other pretty girls didn't even reach the Top 16

hauteegirl wrote:I think most of you guys are so misso centered. Look around you, try going to instagram or even learn others languages. The latinos are calling Demi Leigh chihuahua face just because Venezuela and Colombia lost. Or, the venezuelans are creating rumors that Colombia's placements are just the payment of the mistake that Miss Universe did in 2015. Don't be too hard on yourself just bcoz you see your fellow pinoys made comments. Just look around.



How most is most to you?

and FYI, the 1st runner up is the 1st loser of the competition no matter how mathematical you are.
Last edited by hauteegirl on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hauteegirl
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 6649
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: counting millions of $
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 4

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:39 am


Greedy and self-centered. That's how we've become. It's human nature being acquisitive and we are no exception.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 9739
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 5

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 am

This is so true. The fact that Filipinos bashed Karen after she was crowned Miss Earth just made me realize that Filipinos will only like a placement if it was held in another country, unless it was Miss Earth, since it is a Filipino-made pageant. Maria Angelica and Rachel's positions in the pageants that they have joined made more of the fans feel ''entitled'' to get another crown. The sad thing is, instead of contentment, fans just want to do the ''Venezuela'', although, in reality, while Osmel trains girls to win Miss Universe, the formula is just confidence, good support, and desire to win. I know, we want a back-to-back or a sandwich crowning, but we shouldn't really focus on the goal of creating a historic statistic in these pageants. Instead, we should focus on winning not because it is just going to make history, but it can provide us the spirit of confidence that all women have.
Image
User avatar
Mariana Erwin
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 13933
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:26 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 5074
Real Life Name/Nick: **********
Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello. :)

  • 2

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am

SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/
You are actually a part of the problem. If Karen Ibasco had won Miss Universe instead of Miss Earth, I'm sure you would still bash her since, in your standards, she looks ''awful'' and ''ugly''. The sad thing is, instead of Filipinos supporting their representative, they just bash her because of their standards on beauty. They want someone who looks like the goddess Venus (I'm not talking about Venus Raj here, but rather, the goddess from Greek mythology) to compete so we could win all the time. Some Filipinos want the Philippines to win the Big 5 pageants in just one year, which is something that no one has ever done before, because it is hard to do. What we all need is strength, confidence, and desire. Mix it with good support and for sure, we would be able to prevent this.
Image
User avatar
Mariana Erwin
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 13933
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:26 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 5074
Real Life Name/Nick: **********
Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello. :)

  • 3

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby mybadname » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 am

SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/


Ohhh? If there is someone to be blamed, that's you because you have an UGLY attitude. You might have an ugly face also.
Last edited by mybadname on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my name is bad but i'm good

Image
User avatar
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
Reputation: 2112
Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: hello everyone

  • -1

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Florence Quincy Desiree » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:06 am

OMG !!! IS THIS TRUE ???
SEE THIS VIDEO !!!








.
Image
User avatar
Florence Quincy Desiree
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:27 pm
Country: Lithuania (lt)
Reputation: 207
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1991
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Horror Movies
Message: Shock me, say something intelligent

  • 2

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby AvantGarde327 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 am

fermnedoza wrote:The Philippines' recent strides at international pageants seemed to have spoiled the Filipinos rotten.

Gone were the days when we're happy by just making the first cut even when it happened only once in a blue moon.

Gone were the days when the mere announcement of our queens' names as special awardees were enough cause for cheers and pride. When a mere mention of their names other than during the introduction was enough to make us swoon.

Now we are hoggish; that we felt that beauty pageants should and must now only revolve and evolve around us.

We no longer look at pageants as an arena for friendly competitions, we are now looking at it as an arena for dominion. We now see placements and victories as entitlements, a birthright, as if pageants organizers are indebted to us thus we now expect them to bend on our whims.

Pageant organizers spoiled us too much now with those placements. Now we expect our candidates to win or always place as if we're the only country capable of sending winnable candidates. As if its our birth right and as if pageants owe us that much Every time we failed, we're all ready to cry murder. That we were robbed. That we were cheated. Heck, this early I am already afraid for our future delegate who might end our streak, which will naturally happen one day . Will our compatriots disown her? Flog her, beat her, stone her to death?

We're no longer the greatest pageant fans that we used to be, we have become our worst enemy. We are now pageantry's terrorists.


Exactly! Finally someone said it! Thank you!
if you like me raise ur hand if u dont like me raise ur STANDARDS

the queen is never late, it's just that everyone's too early!
User avatar
AvantGarde327
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 54
Real Life Name/Nick: Cid
Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1991
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Read Books, Surf the net, Watch Movies, Shopping
Message: Missosology is the best invention ever in human history!!!

  • 0

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby zoondwaine » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 pm

mybadname wrote:
SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/


Ohhh? If there is someone to be blamed and that's you because you have an UGLY attitude. You might have an ugly face also.


Burn!!! hahaha!
User avatar
zoondwaine
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 528
Real Life Name/Nick: zoondwaine
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, culturl immersion, nature trek
Message: I learned misso in 2010 and after that I'm hook to this site in regards to pageant issues.

  • 0

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby lunica » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 pm

fermnedoza wrote:The Philippines' recent strides at international pageants seemed to have spoiled the Filipinos rotten.

Gone were the days when we're happy by just making the first cut even when it happened only once in a blue moon.

Gone were the days when the mere announcement of our queens' names as special awardees were enough cause for cheers and pride. When a mere mention of their names other than during the introduction was enough to make us swoon.

Now we are hoggish; that we felt that beauty pageants should and must now only revolve and evolve around us.

We no longer look at pageants as an arena for friendly competitions, we are now looking at it as an arena for dominion. We now see placements and victories as entitlements, a birthright, as if pageants organizers are indebted to us thus we now expect them to bend on our whims.

Pageant organizers spoiled us too much now with those placements. Now we expect our candidates to win or always place as if we're the only country capable of sending winnable candidates. As if its our birth right and as if pageants owe us that much Every time we failed, we're all ready to cry murder. That we were robbed. That we were cheated. Heck, this early I am already afraid for our future delegate who might end our streak, which will naturally happen one day . Will our compatriots disown her? Flog her, beat her, stone her to death?

We're no longer the greatest pageant fans that we used to be, we have become our worst enemy. We are now pageantry's terrorists.


Ditto.
lunica
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 pm
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 1232
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby fermnedoza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 pm

The Oracle wrote:This TS is trying hard to intellectualize things, trying hard to come out as a clean pageant fan, when truth of the matter is any fandom, pageants and what not, have the same tendency and that is to take things to extreme. It is a fact that fans can be rabid, emotional, and self destructing. It is a human tendency that is not isolated to pageantry or any group of people or country. Your argument in fact is a sub class of fanaticism, wherein you think the world of pageantry revolves around one group of people against the rest. Just enjoy pageants as it is, no need to brandish extreme fans from those who are. At the end of the day you are just like the rest of us, spectators. No amount of intellectualizing will make you better than the other fans.


I am not intellectualizing things nor trying hard to come out as a clean pageant fan. I know my dirt and recognizes my own skeleton BUT I am not blind to the fact that we, Filipinos, are getting so out of hand and getting worst. And tell me, how can we still enjoy pageants when trolls and bashers are ruining and taking out the fun we used to have? If you haven't notice, WE have become our own delegates worst nightmare and critics instead of being the feather beneath their wings as we used to be.
fermnedoza
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Bohol
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2335
Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Gender: Male
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

  • 1

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby fermnedoza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Mariana Erwin wrote:
SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/
You are actually a part of the problem. If Karen Ibasco had won Miss Universe instead of Miss Earth, I'm sure you would still bash her since, in your standards, she looks ''awful'' and ''ugly''. The sad thing is, instead of Filipinos supporting their representative, they just bash her because of their standards on beauty. They want someone who looks like the goddess Venus (I'm not talking about Venus Raj here, but rather, the goddess from Greek mythology) to compete so we could win all the time. Some Filipinos want the Philippines to win the Big 5 pageants in just one year, which is something that no one has ever done before, because it is hard to do. What we all need is strength, confidence, and desire. Mix it with good support and for sure, we would be able to prevent this.


Venus, the Greek Goddess of beauty as presented in arts , will be bashed and body shamed if she competed in beauty pageants.
fermnedoza
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Bohol
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2335
Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Gender: Male
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

  • 4

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby InstintoEuropeo1994 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 pm

JorgeInternational wrote:You repeat a false rumor!!
Most Latinos are happy with Demi's victory :)>-

It is also false that Miss Venezuela and Miss Colombia lost, they had an honorable position in the Top 5!

other pretty girls didn't even reach the Top 16

hauteegirl wrote:I think most of you guys are so misso centered. Look around you, try going to instagram or even learn others languages. The latinos are calling Demi Leigh chihuahua face just because Venezuela and Colombia lost. Or, the venezuelans are creating rumors that Colombia's placements are just the payment of the mistake that Miss Universe did in 2015. Don't be too hard on yourself just bcoz you see your fellow pinoys made comments. Just look around.


That is not a false rumor, we do not like Demi.
people are bashing her and still talking about how short she is. I can really tell you every latino out there wanted either Colombia or Venezuela
Image
User avatar
InstintoEuropeo1994
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: Managua
Country: Nicaragua (ni)
Reputation: 136
Real Life Name/Nick: Gone
Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1994
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Gone
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Gone GONEEEE
Message: Gone Gone Gone Gone

  • 3

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby Macintosh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm

I agree with TS...I love Rachel and I have always been a fan of her. Pero may Kulang din talaga sa presentation Nya.
Also, from the get-go talagang pinaburan ng Miss Universe Org ang Thailand, SA, and Colombia Kasi usually sila Lang May exposure like sa Yamamay.
Matuto tayong magpakumbaba...di Araw Araw Philippines panalo. Pero wag naman Sana sobrahan pagiging nationalistic. Sometimes lumalabas Na mayabang tingin satin ng ibang Bansa. If you look at Miss Universe FB page, maraming Pinoy nag angry icon at di maganda comments..naka kahiya....dahil sa kayabangan ng ibang Pinoy Baka sa susunod Na pageants di malayong pagtulong tulungan ang Mga candidates ng Mga taga ibang bansa.
User avatar
Macintosh
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:09 pm
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 351
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Blogging
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby mrgary » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 pm

I actually do not see it that way. I think the Filipino fans have evolved as well in the pageant arena by being wiser and more discerning this time. Since the Philippine trainers have known the formulae for winning all these different pageants, the "best pageant fans in the world" have also come to know what favours an organisation's tastes and what does not. Because of the fact that the Philippine candidates have raised the bar not only in the Southeast Asian region but also in the whole world, the Filipino fans have consequently become more passionate and more critical about every single thing that refers to their own candidate. These certainly show how concerned and involved Filipinos are with their beauty queens. Some may get carried away by their emotions whenever they give their criticisms but at the end of the day, their undying support for their candidate truly resonates around the world with a loud bang! It is something to be proud of and an attribute that inspires regular pageant fans like me and the rest of the world.
User avatar
mrgary
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: New York, USA
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 1120
Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling
Message: "Veni, vidi, vici." - Julius Caesar; 47 B.C.

  • 1

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby patcruz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:30 am

how about we start blaming cretins like you creating havoc in this forum?



SHREWD wrote:
Blame Bakekang Ibasco. She is the culprit...her ugly face divided all pageant fans in the world. Her "baku baku" face is so destructive. =O/
User avatar
patcruz
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: PHL
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 598
Real Life Name/Nick: Pat
Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1985
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

  • 0

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby eenam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am

fermnedoza wrote:The Philippines' recent strides at international pageants seemed to have spoiled the Filipinos rotten.

Gone were the days when we're happy by just making the first cut even when it happened only once in a blue moon.

Gone were the days when the mere announcement of our queens' names as special awardees were enough cause for cheers and pride. When a mere mention of their names other than during the introduction was enough to make us swoon.

Now we are hoggish; that we felt that beauty pageants should and must now only revolve and evolve around us.

We no longer look at pageants as an arena for friendly competitions, we are now looking at it as an arena for dominion. We now see placements and victories as entitlements, a birthright, as if pageants organizers are indebted to us thus we now expect them to bend on our whims.

Pageant organizers spoiled us too much now with those placements. Now we expect our candidates to win or always place as if we're the only country capable of sending winnable candidates. As if its our birth right and as if pageants owe us that much Every time we failed, we're all ready to cry murder. That we were robbed. That we were cheated. Heck, this early I am already afraid for our future delegate who might end our streak, which will naturally happen one day . Will our compatriots disown her? Flog her, beat her, stone her to death?

We're no longer the greatest pageant fans that we used to be, we have become our worst enemy. We are now pageantry's terrorists.


Preach! I had also a similar post a week or two ago before Miss Universe finals. Glad this topic came up again.
Image
@__eenam
eenam
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 44
Date of Birth: 19 Feb 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Videography, Social Media
Message: Aloha forumers!

  • 1

Re: Pageant Terrorists

Postby The Oracle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm

fermnedoza wrote:
The Oracle wrote:[color=#800000][size=150]This TS is trying hard to intellectualize things, trying hard to come out as a clean pageant fan, when truth of the matter is any fandom, pageants and what not, have the same tendency and that is to take things to extreme. It is a fact that fans can be rabid, emotional, and self destructing. It is a human tendency that is not isolated to pageantry or any group of people or country. Your argument in fact is a sub class of fanaticism, wherein you think the world of pageantry revolves around one group of people against the rest. Just enjoy pageants as it is, no need to brandish extreme fans from those who are. At the end of the day you are just like the rest of us, spectators. No amount of intellectualizing will make you better than the other fans.


I am not intellectualizing things nor trying hard to come out as a clean pageant fan. I know my dirt and recognizes my own skeleton BUT I am not blind to the fact that we, Filipinos, are getting so out of hand and getting worst. And tell me, how can we still enjoy pageants when trolls and bashers are ruining and taking out the fun we used to have? If you haven't notice, WE have become our own delegates worst nightmare and critics instead of being the feather beneath their wings as we used to be.


And you think these dynamics are exclusively happening to Filipinos only huh? You probably haven't been around the pageant fan circuit that long to not realize that the same has happened among pageant fans in Latin America, particularly Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, especially Mexico and Puerto Rico. Just because you do not see them post stuff in English here in Misso doesn't mean it does not happen in these countries. Even India had its share of rabid pageant critics. Your argument is a classic case of ethno-centrism as you evaluate the case of the Philippines using preconceptions that originate from our own culture, disregarding the fact that the same dynamics can be observed in other nations. We are but the same beings in this world and we are all bound to the same frailties regardless of where we live in this planet. By saying the Filipinos have transformed into pageant terrorists, you too are becoming a terrorist because you portray your people as such when the fact of the matter is other nations are just as guilty. Broaden your mind and look at the bigger picture, and understand that the frailties of fanaticism is not exclusive to Filipinos but a natural tendency of any human being. Bashers, trolls, and hard line critics are everywhere. Enjoying pageants is a matter of personal choice and if you get clouded by what others do when they express their fanaticism then you got a perception problem and that is not the other fans' problem. Chill out and just take pageant as it is. It is a show after all, nothing more nothing less.

[/size]
[/color]
User avatar
The Oracle
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 146
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Wordsmith
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty and Death
Message: Write a message here


Return to GENERAL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aries1974, cgreenberg, Google [Bot], Jayincy, kris10, LaNIloKOla, madamebovarry, miyako, musks_1234, nika88, noonoo, nycla2, offcentre, rockondude, ryuken750000, sapient_101, shuesz, silverfox27, simpleplan, tatiana_leteasha, traveller, yorkie_pup and 10162 guests

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Supermodel International
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Supermodel International
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe


contact us to advertise with missosology
Reputation System ©'