There are a lot of potential girls who could represent Malaysia in any of the said beauty pageant events. Those gorgeous, young, fresh and talented girls are mainly from Borneo Island (East Malaysia - Sabah & Sarawak). In response to the issue of low qualities representative from Malaysia, I would say :
1. Lack of promotion. The organizer didn't put extra miles to showcase their beauty pageant event. Nowadays, there are lots of medium to promote, but always resulted in few girls (only) registered to take part.
2. The quality of judges remain questionable. Often we see, in Malaysia, the runner-ups way better (in so many aspects) than the winner. Just in some years we were able to see some satisfying results (either hand-picked or based on beauty contest) such as in Miss Universe Malaysia 2012, Miss World Malaysia 1997/1998, Miss World Malaysia 2007, Miss World Malaysia 1994, Miss Universe Malaysia 2011 and et cetera - most of which ended up with placements and/or created significant histories to Malaysia.
3. Financial wise - always the striking issue in any event(s).
4. Lack of Unity (among national directors/organizers)- Why don't combine all the main beauty pageants, do it in a single event, choose the respective representative accordingly to the criteria, and that's it. More human resource (working together), save money, save time, better planning, and more preparation could be done.
5. Where are all the good good good people who always stands out with their creations/services? (couture, dress, make-up/stylist, et cetera). No more dull dressess/lack of creativity-kind-of dressess on the stage, please.
As for my verdicts, I predict :
1. MUM2012 will bring significant impact to us - a placement, noticeable, social media stardom, eye-opener or whatever it would be. Based on her current looks/whereabouts, I believe she'll do well this coming December.
2. MEM2012 - She is already a stunner, physically gorgeous, talented lady and possess the right attitude as an ambasadress. All she need is a little bit of enhancement here and there, and she'll do great.
3. MWM2012 - She's not an extremely gorgeous lady, and never look bad in any angle(s). She's not a moderate type of women, she got this X-factor, just didn't translate well in pictures. And she's not a greenhorn. Who says she can't win a placement in MW2012? Lots of luck (yes, I don't deny) and the right attitude/showmanship can possibly land her a place in MMW2012.
4. MGI2012 - I actually prefer the first runner-up, but based on some pictures that I've been through, I think she IS ready for the next platform. Still too early, though