PHILIPPINES IS KNOWN FOR.......

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

PHILIPPINES IS KNOWN FOR.......

Postby firerprince » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm

BEAUTY PAGEANTS! :-D
I honestly have no idea that our IDENTIFIER to the world is the home of the beautiful people! Like really? :%)) The image of PH really changed a lot because of pageantry :hx :hx :hx
I had this conversation with a random foreign guy and here's what we talked about :-D

What I thought at 1st about "the country of beauty" is that we have beautiful natural resources etc..etc..

Before this screenshot We've talked about various stuffs (i did not include it of course) and then I shifted the topic again to pageantry. I asked him about Miss World 2016 :=p :=p I think it would be great to ask an unbias foreigner about the results :-D

So guys c'mmon stop the hate, both girls are gorgeous and competitive. Lady luck is really just not on our side >:D<

BTW, this guy is f*ckin honest =;)) char

THE WORLD OF BEAUTY PAGEANTS REALLY CHANGED THE IMAGE OF THE PHILLIPINES..BEFORE WHEN I TALK TO FOREIGNERS LIKE HIM, THEY ONLY KNOW MY COUNTRY AS A GREAT ENGLISH SPEAKING NATION or MANNY PACQUIAO or THE BAD SIDE OF THE COUNTRY. I'm glad that beauty pageants somehow made an impact to us as Filipinos 8-> Thank you of course to our hard working Queens :hx :hx :hx I hope in the future we can also excel in other fields such as sports etc.This may add up to our nation's IDENTIFIER :-j

Last edited by firerprince on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I CAN SEE TROLLS!
firerprince
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: JCA
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: TVC model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, billiards, arts

Re: PHILIPPINES IS KNOWN FOR.......

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Sample nga ng "ordinary" look.
Ea'rend¿l
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 15 Feb 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Knight of Templar
Hobbies/Interests: Chasing Time

Postby firerprince » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Ea'rend¿l wrote:Sample nga ng "ordinary" look.

HAHAHA kaw koya ah :%)) :%))
I CAN SEE TROLLS!
firerprince

Real Life Name/Nick: JCA
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Profession: TVC model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, billiards, arts

Postby volcomtits » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:42 pm

firerprince wrote:
BEAUTY PAGEANTS! :-D
I honestly have no idea that our IDENTIFIER to the world is the home of the beautiful people! Like really? :%)) The image of PH really changed a lot because of pageantry :hx :hx :hx
I had this conversation with a random foreign guy and here's what we talked about :-D

What I thought at 1st about "the country of beauty" is that we have beautiful natural resources etc..etc..

Before this screenshot We've talked about various stuffs (i did not include it of course) and then I shifted the topic again to pageantry. I asked him about Miss World 2016 :=p :=p I think it would be great to ask an unbias foreigner about the results :-D

So guys c'mmon stop the hate, both girls are gorgeous and competitive. Lady luck is really just not on our side >:D<

BTW, this guy is f*ckin honest =;)) char

THE WORLD OF BEAUTY PAGEANTS REALLY CHANGED THE IMAGE OF THE PHILLIPINES..BEFORE WHEN I TALK TO FOREIGNERS LIKE HIM, THEY ONLY KNOW MY COUNTRY AS A GREAT ENGLISH SPEAKING NATION or MANNY PACQUIAO or THE BAD SIDE OF THE COUNTRY. I'm glad that beauty pageants somehow made an impact to us as Filipinos 8-> Thank you of course to our hard working Queens :hx :hx :hx I hope in the future we can also excel in other fields such as sports etc.This may add up to our nation's IDENTIFIER :-j

you are blind ,,,,,,, mess world is aa joke ,,,, kindly chek the judges again and open your eyes
volcomtits
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: doc volcom
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1972
Profession: chef
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: travel

Postby panchopolo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Generations of "outsiders" (non-Filipinos) have always looked at the Philippines as the land of beautiful, brainy, and modern Asian women.

During the American colonial rule, the Filipina Feminist Association and women's clubs defined the "confidently beautiful" Filipina in the eyes of the world. In the fifties and early sixties, when the Philippines was second only to Japan as the most progressive economy in Asia, Filipinas were already excelling in the professional fields, thanks mainly to America's educational legacy. The robust economy also gave international travel opportunities for younger professional women at that time, so it was a norm for the Manilena and Cebuana to be dressed in Western fashions, while most of their conterparts in other Asian capital cities were still dressed conservatively. It helped that the big film studios back then packaged their movie actresses (and actors) in Western ways. (The breathtakingly beautiful Carmen Rosales and Rosa Rosal in those figure-hugging dresses while smoking cigarettes--the feminists must have loved them!)

The Philippines was one of the few Asian countries that consistently supported the new international beauty pageants (Miss Universe and MI) during that era. In the sixties, the Miss Philippines representatives began to place as finalists in these pageants, a trend that continued massively throughout the seventies. In fact, by the time the seventies rolled in, the world had already enjoyed the conservative-yet-modern brand of Filipina beauty by way of fashion-show caravans (Karilagan International and Bagong Anyo) and traveling cultural shows (by such beauties as Pilita Corrales, Carmen Soriano, Amapola, Norma Ledesma, and Carina Afable, not to mention those lovely Bayanihan Dancers).

And everyone today knows about the captivating, so exciting Filipina beauty in the eighties and beyond, so I won't go there!
panchopolo
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1970
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:20 pm

In addition, what about mention of the world's best singers? Filipinos come second to none in this genre.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby panchopolo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
In addition, what about mention of the world's best singers? Filipinos comes second to none in this genre.

In addition to those I've listed on my post, there's Carmen Patena. Merce Molina. Marilen Martinez. Linda Magno. All sultry, big-voiced Las Vegas-esque "showgirls". Today, singers from neighboring Southeast and East Asian countries have taken the international pop music arena by storm, but back then, especially in the seventies, our MetroPop winners were taking home the grand plums in several Asian pop music festivals (Hajji's "Kay Ganda ng Ating Musika" and Leah Navarro's "Isang Mundo, Isang Awit, Pag-ibig", amongst others)--and singing in English, too!
panchopolo

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 pm

panchopolo wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
In addition, what about mention of the world's best singers? Filipinos comes second to none in this genre.

In addition to those I've listed on my post, there's Carmen Patena. Merce Molina. Marilen Martinez. Linda Magno. All sultry, big-voiced Las Vegas-esque "showgirls". Today, singers from neighboring Southeast and East Asian countries have taken the international pop music arena by storm, but back then, especially in the seventies, our MetroPop winners were taking home the grand plums in several Asian pop music festivals (Hajji's "Kay Ganda ng Ating Musika" and Leah Navarro's "Isang Mundo, Isang Awit, Pag-ibig", amongst others)--and singing in English, too!

Talk about modern times, hear what David Foster has been saying all along: The Philippines has got IMMENSE talent in music. Mention about his protege Charice, the Miss Saigon cast, Madigal Singers, choir groups winning in int'l choral festivals, even young talent guesting in Ellen de Generis, Oprah, Steve Harvey show and those world class pop singers who had invaded America's and Europe's reaction videos which are all over You Tube: Morisette, Marcelito Pomoy, Darren Espanto, Ella Nympha, Aldrich Talonding, Michael Pangilinan, and a host more. And there are others following in their footsteps.
beautywatchnyc

Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby panchopolo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:46 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
panchopolo wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Talk about modern times, hear what David Foster has been saying all along: The Philippines has got IMMENSE talent in music. Mention about his protege Charice, the Miss Saigon cast, Madigal Singers, choir groups winning in int'l choral festivals, even young talent guesting in Ellen de Generis, Oprah, Steve Harvey show and those world class pop singers who had invaded America's and Europe's reaction videos which are all over You Tube: Morisette, Marcelito Pomoy, Darren Espanto, Ella Nympha, Aldrich Talonding, Michael Pangilinan, and a host more. And there are others following in their footsteps.

Basketball, boxing, beauty pageants, and boomboxes keep Filipinos at the top of the heap!
panchopolo

Postby avadakedavra » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:23 am

Based from my colleagues here in SoKor, I'd say singing and smiling people! <:-P
avadakedavra
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Sep 1993
Profession: PhD Student
Hobbies/Interests: Enzymes

Postby DORABIAN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

HES DEFINITELY A GAY! :%))
BRING BACK THE FIERCE ERA! THIS IMG ERA IS BORING!
BEAUTY PAGEANT SHOULD STAY AS BEAUTY PAGEANT!
MISS UNIVERSE SHOULD BE THE MOST FIERCEST BEAUTY CONTEST!
DORABIAN

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby kurtij » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:46 am

I THINK IS MORE AS THE LAND OF GREAT SINGERS........

HE WOULDNT SAY THAT IF HE ISNT A FAN OF BEAUTY PAGEANT.
Universe (3)
World (1)
International (6)
Earth (3)
Supranational (1)
Grand International (*)
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Architect
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: why you care?

Postby cancaloo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 am

panchopolo wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

[b]No. Isang mundo, isang awit got only the bronze price (3rd) in seoul music festival.[/b]
cancaloo
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 20 Apr 1972
Profession: writer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Return to GENERAL