SASKIA WAGNER – HONEYDEW, GAUTENG
Occupation: I am studying first year Bachelor of Accounting at Stellenbosch University, on my path to becoming a chartered accountant. I am also a part-time model and I am currently signed with Boss Models Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Previous beauty competitions/pageants:
• 2013 – I came 3rd in Figures Model of the Year
• 2013 – I went with Figures to New York to compete in the IMTA (International Modelling and Talent Association. In my category I placed third for commercial model of the year.
• 2014 – I won Figures Face of the Year
• 2014 – I won Figures Model of the Year, winning a free trip to the IMTA NY. I placed first in all of the competitions I entered: runway, jeans, bikini, photography and make-up and I won Commercial Model of the Year. I was also offered two contracts, one with an agency in Milan and one in Japan. However, I was only in Grade 11 so I chose to turn them down as finishing school was more important to me.
• 2015 – I also got placed as Gaschette Magazine top 20 Faces of the Year.
Why do you want to be Miss South Africa and what do you think you will be able to bring to the role?
I want to become an empowered woman who is able to inspire change in South Africa. As Miss South Africa I want to impart my skills to uplift society. I aspire to use the skills that I have gained in my business-based degree to create a platform for young entrepreneurs and help create jobs to boost the economy and improve the lives of the many unemployed youth in SA. To promote education for both young men and women. By combining beauty, grace and brains I believe this is something I can achieve along with the Miss SA team who can mentor me through this process and guide me to growing into an empowered and inspiring South African woman. I want to promote beauty with a purpose, the ideal of Beauty and Brains. I have experienced people’s judgement, some who underestimate me and think I am just a model. But rather I am clever, I am driven and I am passionate about accounting and business and I want to promote this and help the country with my business knowledge.